View Full Version : i think they should extend vmk dont you

tiedyenaj
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
we all know they are going to close the real question is when see today i watched a dvd aboul disney world ant i said " this is the last year of dreams at disney parks 1/1/08 - 12/31/08 dont you think that disney should extend vmk just until the last of 08

LittleToni
04-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I think they should extend it forever :) I would pay to play in a safe environment like VMK. They need to come up with a better excuse to close than just saying it was all a promotion. We are not that dumb :)

SAVE VMK!

LT :)

tiedyenaj
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I think they should extend it forever :) I would pay to play in a safe environment like VMK. They need to come up with a better excuse to close than just saying it was all a promotion. We are not that dumb :)

SAVE VMK!

i would pay too i have so many things in my head about vmk closing i am sad, shocked,mad, and happy that it lasted as long as it did but i think we should not give up hope

LittleToni
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
i would pay too i have so many things in my head about vmk closing i am sad, shocked,mad, and happy that it lasted as long as it did but i think we should not give up hope

Yes, never give up :) You are definately not alone with the feelings you are having. I, all my VMK friends, and 99% of people I see on VMK and here feel the same. What is really shocking is that this is Disney. If it was Joe Schmoo Company, I think it would not have confused and hurt people in a way that it has. I mean it would still cause sadness, anger, shock and such but since it's Disney it's like our Jedi Knight has suddenly turned to the dark side (Star Wars movies :) ) Anyway, people understand your feelings and share your pain. My friends and I are helping each other on VMK, once again :), to get through this. Maybe you and yours can talk about it too, it does help :) Have a great day!

SAVE VMK!

LT

BlueTinky
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
They should extend it longer, but yeah- that's a good idea.
If it meant VMK was staying, I'd pay ( areasonable monthy/yearly fee) to play.

tiedyenaj
04-19-2008, 04:55 AM
i would pay 5-15 dollars a month for vmk

CapnOlaf
04-19-2008, 05:01 AM

SAVE VMK!

It's because Disney's contract with Sulake (co-creators of VMK) is up, and Disney doesn't want to re-sign the contract because the game is free. Yet, they plan on paying $100 million dollars for future projects, which is stupid and self centered in an attempt to make more money. They also want people to focus on Toontown and POTCO, which is showing how selfish they are. But I'm still not gonna give up no matter what. Even if VMK is closing, I will not give up. I intend on seeing that this game does not get laid to rest in an early and as of right now undeserved grave. It make Disney a lot of money, it makes them a fair amount that they should at least keep it up for some more years, and if it stops making them enough money like this, then... THEN they can close VMK, but until that day I will fight to keep VMK open. The whole "promotion" thing is starting to get on my nerves. And them using Disney's quote, "We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things. Because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." They also say it's like a ride closing, that they have to make room for new experiences. Well, WALT DISNEY NEVER CLOSED DOWN THE ENTIRE PARK TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW PARK EXPERIENCE WITH NEW RIDES AND SUCH NOW DID HE?!? I intend to see VMK stays open. And I will intend to make it to the finish line, or collapse trying.

Butterfly
04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Unfortunately, VMK cannot last forever.
I remember the first day it came out, I was so excited to sign up & play something new other than Toontown because VMK was free.

A month later I suddenly lost interest in VMK, to me VMK has lost it's 'fun' since about 9 months ago.
Then I finally joined VMK again 14 months ago and I was somewhat displeased with how they came out with different coloured rare clothes & furniture.

And I have to say, (I know you all will probably be angry with me for posting this, but) it's about time they closed VMK, after all VMK was for the 50th year celebration, the Walt Disney company is just trying to live up to what Walt Disney said & I sort of agree to their choices.

I know it may sadden the people who recently just joined & the veterans who have spent their spare time in playing VMK for so long and others may feel like the time they've spent there was a waste.

I'm going to spent every moment I can to admire VMK & it's music plus I may take a few pictures of my character and stuff for a momento.

"We keep moving forward, opening up new doors, and doing new things. Because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." so, go and enjoy your last month & a half of VMK I sure know I will while it lasts. I don't think they will be changing their minds about closing VMK for good..