View Full Version : Face it...

Riot
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
We cannot fight to save VMK.
Its going to close.
Everyone has there fantasies about VMK not closing because a bunch of people sent in complaint letters.
NEWSFLASH:
VMK is going to close no matter how hard of a fight we put up.
I'm not being pessimistic
I'm facing reality.
Face it, Disney has there mind set. VMK is closing.
Yes its sad, and yes I know its bad to think this way, but do you honestly think its better to think happily and get such hi hopes and then the gates get slammed in your face.
This is all I had to say.
:wave2:Riot

sweet_0nyx
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I agree. Once i heard vmk was closing, it was sad news to all. Suddenly ' save VMK ' Rooms started coming up on vmk. They've made their decision and we cant do anything about it. What do you think.. one day you wake up and see yavns news saynig ' VMK now open ' ? or something like that. It wont happen :(. Sadly vmk will close, And nothing we can do..

This is just my opinion, please dont hate me for what i think ;) [ hehe ]

- sweet-onyx

ACECpt.RICH
04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
If your not the man or woman who made the desicion to close VMK, then I do not think anyone can say what the true fate of VMK will be until May 21, 2008.

Riot
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
^^
agreed
but after getting an e-mail from disney after my complaint...
Just there are really unlikely chances...

ACECpt.RICH
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
^^
agreed

Right, I agree with you. But Disney is a business.

Adults can go into work one day, and come home after a long day, and when they go into work the next day find that the doors to their job are locked.

That said, things can change in the blink of an eye. For us as the players to get a response/acknowledment from both the WDIG and VMK after only 3-4 is quite the accomplishment.

Like I mentioned before, I will say there is a chance that anything can happen between now and the end of May.

Plus, I'm sure everyone is going to get the same cheesy response simply because they can't reply individually to thousands of letters and e-mails.

wdmountie
04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
just because they made their mind up doesn't mean the VMK population can not change it. People and buisness change their minds everyday. When the networks decided to cut Jerico, fans all over protested and Jerico is now back on the air. Decisions are over turned all the time. Nothing is final. So I say everyone should keep up the fight to keep VMK open.

PS. Do you think the Colonists said "face it, we are never going to get this land off of Britian."

Riot
04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Hmm
do you think rich disney will let some kids and some adults tell them that vmk needs to stay open??

bluecruiser
04-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Disney has listened to customer (guest) feedback in the past and made changes based on that feedback. That's how we got Figment put back into the Imagination ride at WDW. :figment:

Don't give up, keep up the fight to Save VMK. :schilder041:

Those of you who say we can't do it should back off and stay out of the way of those of us who are doing it. :smiley11:

black33
04-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Hmm
do you think rich disney will let some kids and some adults tell them that vmk needs to stay open??

Ok, when we have over 11,000 (Yes ELEVEN THOUSAND) People sign a petition saying they want to save VMK, how can Disney not listen..

These Kids who play VMK, are sending e-mails, letter, making phone calls, creating videos and send them all to Disney.. how can they not listen to the eleven thousand people letting them know they want VMK open?

Also, even if VMK closes, at least we can say we went down with a fight.. i know i'm not going to sit around and let Disney take away the game from me.. it's too many good memories that will be lost

Kit
04-15-2008, 02:11 AM
Hmm

Yes. We pay them enough. :wave2:

-Kit

OmButterfly
04-15-2008, 02:17 AM
What really matters is not if vmk closes or stays

What really matters is knowing that you tried until the bitter end!

gigarichard
04-15-2008, 02:26 AM
People have nothing to lose by trying to keep it open. Let everyone that wants VMK to to stay to try as hard as they can to let it stay open. We have nothing to lose by trying.

Riot
04-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Not to be mean and get people mad at me...
but:
Listen, if Disney doesn't have time to respond individually to our e-mails.
What makes you think that just because they get 11000 signatures a million e-mails and many sad and angered players
Makes you think that they are going to listen?
Wow a chunk of the world is angry because Disney decided to close a promotional game.
Oh no we are all going to die!
All the memories of what?
Playing with virtual friends and playing virtual games
without VMK I will simply die!
Oh no!
I'm sorry.
But its just like just because of all the e-mails and petetions there getting
doesn't mean a thing
11000 oh my what a large number compared to the 680 billion world population.
THINK ABOUT IT:redx:
what makes you think Disney will listen?
thats my :smiley42:

wdmountie
04-15-2008, 02:37 AM
but:
What makes you think that just because they get 11000 signatures a million e-mails and many sad and angered players
Wow a chunk of the world is angry because Disney decided to close a promotional game.
Oh no!
I'm sorry.
doesn't mean a thing

I actually had a letter sent to me today that was addressed persoanlly to me today. I was surprised it wasn't just the normal automated response. So yes, disney has individually responded to this matter. you also have to think though. granted 680 billion people are in the world. however how many of those actually have home internet? now that number is a lot less and that is whom Disney is targeting. and yes i think 11 thousand people is a lot of people to make a difference.

Riot
04-15-2008, 02:39 AM
^^
11 thousand
to make a difference
to what?
stop the closing of a virtual game?

CapnOlaf

Bad press? VMK closing just made TV news some time ago. That means Disney is gonna have a whole hive of controversy flying straight towards their direction.

As for giving up... HA! I don't know the meaning of it!

Stunt

Disney is a business, pure and simple. They play on our sense of Magic, Fantasy and false reality, but they are a business.

Businesses want to make money. Maybe with the attention that this could potentilly gain, they would understand that keeping it open is a sound business decision.

Think about it; the hardest part of "Creating" a business is getting people to it. Well here are approx. 11,000 people driving their business and marketing for them. Disney can sit back and reap the benefits.

Riot
04-15-2008, 02:44 AM
^^
do you think giving in to protest is "good business"?
it will somewhat show disney is "weak"

CapnOlaf
04-15-2008, 02:46 AM
^^
do you think giving in to protest is "good business"?
it will somewhat show disney is "weak"

It's nothing personal, Disney... It's just good business.

Okay, nvm.

What are we supposed to do, sit helplessly while Disney takes down a fantastic virtual game that we've loved playing for nearly three years?

Riot
04-15-2008, 02:49 AM
What else do we suggest we do?
Make fools of ourselves and make petetions and such and then look back and see that it didn't help at all?
P.S I know that I am probably going to lose a lot of your respect for this.

iRaccoon
04-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Were not a Batman, Spider-Man, Super-Man, or Captain America but we can make a difference.

Here are some quotes that say not to

Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense
- Winston Churchill

Never, never, never, never give up
- Winston Churchill

In other words. Don't give up to save VMK. Don't think negative THINK POSITIVE.

A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder medicine.

Patricia Neal

You see.. Even important ppl say "DON'T GIVE UP"

CapnOlaf
04-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Make fools of ourselves and make petetions and such and then look back and see that it didn't help at all?

I'll take that option.

The day VMK closes, sure I'll be silent. But until that day comes, I am not gonna go out without a fight. Frankly, I probably won't go out without a fight if VMK closes either.

P.S. You've lost no respect. You have opinions too, and we all can accept that. No offense meant of course. :)

Stunt
04-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Were not a Batman, Spider-Man, Super-Man, or Captain America but we can make a difference.

Actually I am the Green Lantern :)

But seriously, Riot I think the problem is, most of us have come to terms with the fact that the game will more than likely not be saved. However, we feel the need to try. Anything can happen.

And (without sounding flaming because you are entitled to your opinion) the general opinion of this forum is to try to keep it. Negative people don't help. It's a very defeatist attitude to say give up. People who don't want to support the cause don't have to, but don't distract those that are fighting for the cause.

Riot
04-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Capn olaf
I see what you mean buuuut
what do you think this fighting is going to do?
Disney just watches us and probably wonders why we are putting up such a fight
when they know its not going to change anything.
P.S alrightyy
^^
Can't you just like face the fact thats its closing and stop all this "Save VMK."

Maybe its good VMK is closing
its such an obsession to some people..

mrmyth
04-15-2008, 03:06 AM

Well at least we would know some tried.
We already know what not trying will accomplish.
If you are not into doing something to try and make a difference that is fine.
Just do not discourage the efforts of others.
Sometimes the few make a difference for the many.

Riot
04-15-2008, 03:08 AM
I tried to
i sent in a letter and all the business
then when i got automated replies
and the same remarks on the phone.
I realized what am I doing?
this isn't helping anything.
Disney WANTS attention
and we are giving it to them
so if we didn't try it wouldn't give Disney the satisfaction of getting attentipn for closing the game,

wdmountie
04-15-2008, 03:09 AM
I agree with Stunt and CapnOlaf - what is the harm in fighting.

Sure it may be inevitable that VMK closes, however how do we know for sure unless we do something about it. You can not start change unless you do something about it. I am very proud to be supporting the players trying to make a difference. It is the GREAT thing about this country. We can speak up and make change happen. And I think that is one of the reasons I am supporting this. Because we are teaching children the American way! If you don't like something, do something, but peacefully! As long as we have voices, use them! Disney is hearing us. They can choose to save vmk or continue to close it. But why not try? I think this is a great game worth fighting for! A game that the whole family can play together, without violence or negativity!

Riot
04-15-2008, 03:20 AM
But do we want to give Disney the satisfaction of all this attention they are getting because of our fighting?

mrmyth
04-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Uh.. yes!
We want them to know that we want this product!

iRaccoon
04-15-2008, 03:26 AM
wait- Riot DOES have a point.

buuuuuuuuuuut

Others are leaving Disney saying "WHAT!? Thats it Charlie we're abandoning Disney- Now lets go watch One-Missed-Call!"

"YAY!" Charlie said.

wdmountie
04-15-2008, 03:26 AM
But do we want to give Disney the satisfaction of all this attention they are getting because of our fighting?

but its not good attention on their behalf. it is negative. the local news in orlando has made them to be the greedy company closing down a beloved childrens game breaking the hearts of kids all over the nation. and besides we have been bombarding them with emails, letters, faxes, and phone calls. I am sure they are more than overwhelmed with our responce. If I were a person sitting at a Disney Desk I would be quit tired of being spammed with save vmk stuff.

besides on another note - we are giving FREE advertising for VMK on the news! this is a big promotion to further keep vmk open. this means for disney more players (by showing the public that people are fighting for this game, it must be great)

Riot
04-15-2008, 03:29 AM
wait- Riot DOES have a point.

buuuuuuuuuuut

Others are leaving Disney saying "WHAT!? Thats it Charlie we're abandoning Disney- Now lets go watch One-Missed-Call!"

"YAY!" Charlie said.

Thank you!!

but even if its not good advertising its still advertising nonetheless

Derejin
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I understand your point, Riot, but perhaps you didn't get all of the details? The memories they're talking about with their friends are great, to be sure, but what about it's.. therapeutic values?
..Simply put, slycooper, a great fan of VMK, had been diagnosed with cancer at some point. Now, incase you don't know, keeping optimistic about a situation with a disease improves chances of recovery. So, how did slycooper manage to keep a stiff upper lip? He brought his laptop and played VMK while going through pain. On a happier note, we can at least hope VMK doesn't close, and I'd rather work towards keeping it open than just lying down and accepting my fate. ;)

If you don't think I'm telling the truth about slycooper, visit the thread in the Save VMK forum that begins with
A letter to Mr. Iger

Hopefully you'll see my point. ;)

cteddiesgirl
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
^^
agreed
That was just a normal response. They expected to get a lot of people complaining.
That first (and now the second) are more along the lines of "we want you to quit so we have a better chance at closing it". Also, it's a way to see how many will actually quit after that point and see who the true fans are. If there are enough fans out there, they will keep it open.

Now a days, Disney is a business first and foremost. They have to show a profit. And they have to have enough interest to show that they can make a profit.

Capn olaf
I see what you mean buuuut
what do you think this fighting is going to do?
Disney just watches us and probably wonders why we are putting up such a fight
when they know its not going to change anything.
P.S alrightyy
^^
Can't you just like face the fact thats its closing and stop all this "Save VMK."

Maybe its good VMK is closing
its such an obsession to some people..
What you don't understand is that it was the internet division that made the decision. There are many people above them that can change their minds for them.

If the people higher up decide that there's enough interest to keep the game profitable for them, they will keep it open.

We can't give up.

If people gave up everytime they were up against something bigger than themselves, there would be no Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Snow White or even a United States of America.

That's right. People laughed at Walt for wanting to build a theme park on nothing but swampland in Florida. People also scoffed and laughed at him for wanting to build a them park in an orange grove in California. Everyone said that both projects would fail miserably. People also laughed at the idea of a full length animated movie. But Walt never gave up on his dreams.
As for the U.S., the Americans went up against the most powerful country and navy in the world. My ancesters did not give up fighting for their rights and freedoms. And they won.

I will not give up VMK without a fight. Fighting is not groveling on our hands and knees. It's not making fools of ourselves. Especially as it's something we really believe is worth saving.

If you don't think VMK is worth saving, please, quit the game and give up.

But please do not spread negativity to those fighting. :)

sunnyskye
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
680 billion world population

Try 6 billion, honey.

rocknraider
04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Well there is a good thing about vmk closing
I can finally stay off of it for good..I spent too much time on that game

Thanks vmk
I can get my life back :)

tiedyenaj
04-15-2008, 08:48 PM
^^
agreed
i dont think the email has any thing to do with it they send every one the email i think we should all be optimictic they will close vmk but maybe they will extend vmk till decmber when the year of a millon dreams ends

Tris-Remix
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
VMK is like a principal, you can tell them ideas and stuff, they will lsiten, but theycan do whateevr they want

BeachCutie34
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
We should never stop protesting. If vmk does close (which it sadly probably will), if their "replacement" fairy game doesn't make as much success as vmk did, maybe they'll bring it back then.

cteddiesgirl
04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
VMK is like a principal, you can tell them ideas and stuff, they will lsiten, but theycan do whateevr they want
And a school principal still has to listen to and do what the school board tells them. ;)

I am not sending my flats and letters to VMK and the Internet Group. I'm sending my stuff to those higher up in the company. Not to mention posting on blogs and sending stuff out to the media.

shadowkryptonite
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Ok, when we have over 11,000 (Yes ELEVEN THOUSAND) People sign a petition saying they want to save VMK, how can Disney not listen..

These Kids who play VMK, are sending e-mails, letter, making phone calls, creating videos and send them all to Disney.. how can they not listen to the eleven thousand people letting them know they want VMK open?

Also, even if VMK closes, at least we can say we went down with a fight.. i know i'm not going to sit around and let Disney take away the game from me.. it's too many good memories that will be lost

Do you actually think Disney would go through the trouble to actually read all the signatures? Face it. Disney is a HUGE company. Were just like it's little play-things.

Thriller
04-15-2008, 09:26 PM
EPCOT didn't do anything special for it's anniversary, but the people petitioned enough, so they did do something special. Britain made up it's mind it was going to keep the U.S., but didn't the U.S. fight back? Read up on your history and you won't be saying this.

shadowkryptonite
04-15-2008, 09:32 PM
But Disney is nothing like this. Why is VMK closing? For the MONEY. Disney is afraid to give a little bit of money for Sulake to get a new contract.

Sorry, but after all we did, I thought something would happen.

gigarichard
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
But Disney is nothing like this. Why is VMK closing? For the MONEY. Disney is afraid to give a little bit of money for Sulake to get a new contract.

Sorry, but after all we did, I thought something would happen.

Things do not happen the second people protest. Look at the writers strike, that went on for months before they came to an agreement. If you think about it, virtual worlds is a new popular activity, especially in preteens.

How many virtual worlds have actually closed down? Not any that I know of. The thing that is getting peoples attention is that Disney is closing something that not only does everyone who plays it want it to stay open, but some are willing to pay.

Funny how they were one of the first to make a free online world and now they are one of the first to, unfortunately, try to close one.

shadowkryptonite
04-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Things do not happen the second people protest. Look at the writers strike, that went on for months before they came to an agreement. If you think about it, virtual worlds is a new popular activity, especially in preteens.

How many virtual worlds have actually closed down? Not any that I know of. The thing that is getting peoples attention is that Disney is closing something that not only does everyone who plays it want it to stay open, but some are willing to pay.

Funny how they were one of the first to make a free online world and now they are one of the first to, unfortunately, try to close one.

Virtual worlds that you do NOT know of. There are alot of games that close down every week. Like I said. Disney is for the money. They don't care about you, just what's in your wallet.

Skyrio
04-16-2008, 12:08 AM
See, this is what I've been saying all along. Face it, it's closing. It's a Virtual site on a computer. I'm not saying I hate VMK and want it to close, but seriously, fighting? Isn't that kind of... Childish? Why don't we all act our age and accept the fact that it's closing. I loved that site. I still love it. But I'm not wasting valuable playing time going 'I hate Yavn' 'Save VMK!' It's a waste of my time. Think of poor Yavn. Everything he gives us, we complain about. We got an awesome! quest, awesome stuff, awesome magic, and games. And all we do is complain, complain, complain. Didn't you once ever think how he feels? And besides, there are probably money problems. Not enough to keep it open, y'know? So why don't we all enjoy what we have left of VMK and move on. I know we'll all miss our friends, but we could just make new ones. In real life. ;)

And please don't hate me for this, it's my opinion, and really, why obsess over a site?

mrmyth
04-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Standing up for a cause and fighting like children are not necessarily the same thing. You can feel any way you like and that is fine. We are all entitled to an opinion. Age has nothing to do with excepting your fate. Everyone can do what they feel is the best direction for them to travel in. When some get told something they enjoy doing is going away, some just shrug their shoulders and say "OK", others say no or why.
Just as you want to be respected for having an opinion, do the same for others that disagree with yours and are trying to do something about it.

wdmountie
04-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Virtual worlds that you do NOT know of. There are alot of games that close down every week. Like I said. Disney is for the money. They don't care about you, just what's in your wallet.

Actually I would disagree with this statement. They in a way do care about us. We ARE the ones filling their wallets. So they kind of have to care. And I know I will not be playing any other of their games. Don't want to waste money on a game I do not like.

See, this is what I've been saying all along. Face it, it's closing. It's a Virtual site on a computer. I'm not saying I hate VMK and want it to close, but seriously, fighting? Isn't that kind of... Childish? Why don't we all act our age and accept the fact that it's closing. I loved that site. I still love it. But I'm not wasting valuable playing time going 'I hate Yavn' 'Save VMK!' It's a waste of my time. Think of poor Yavn. Everything he gives us, we complain about. We got an awesome! quest, awesome stuff, awesome magic, and games. And all we do is complain, complain, complain. Didn't you once ever think how he feels? And besides, there are probably money problems. Not enough to keep it open, y'know? So why don't we all enjoy what we have left of VMK and move on. I know we'll all miss our friends, but we could just make new ones. In real life. ;)

And please don't hate me for this, it's my opinion, and really, why obsess over a site?

You have to remember, whom you are speaking to on this site. I mean most of the members of the forum ARE children. And I have noticed the adults that are on this site, are keeping their opinions respectful and are trying to make people understand their side of the story. There haven’t been many arguments arising that I see, just people trying to persuade everyone to keep fighting. I don't hate Yavn, I think he is a great leader for VMK. But do keep in mind, young children do expect more than adults do. You cannot wave a cookie in front of a two year old and not expect them to grab it or cry when they cannot have it. It's not their faults; they just don't have the mental capacity that an adult has to control their emotion. The discipline comes with age. So please don't criticize young children who have a knee jerk reaction. Yes they expect more. And I do not blame them for wanting the world!

Skyrio
04-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Okay, you do have a point, mrmyth. And as much as I want to get involved and help you guys and get VMK back, I just don't think it's possible. I'm gonna miss it so much, it was a HUGE part of my life. But I'm not signing any petitions. They never worked for me. :( Anyway, good luck to you, and who knows, maybe I'll send some e-mails. ;)

mrmyth
04-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Okay, you do have a point, mrmyth. And as much as I want to get involved and help you guys and get VMK back, I just don't think it's possible. I'm gonna miss it so much, it was a HUGE part of my life. But I'm not signing any petitions. They never worked for me. :( Anyway, good luck to you, and who knows, maybe I'll send some e-mails. ;)

Every little bit helps to show them that we do care about the game. You and many others may be right and the site will close and we will be forced to move on. We already know what will happen if we just walk away..
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Stand up in life for what you want and what you believe.
Might not always get it but at least you tried.
Good luck to you in the future as well.

GoofyGeggy
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Leave it to mrmyth to continue to give sound advice till the end! w00t :)

Deeda
04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
People giving up on things are exactly what causes failure! Some dude named Paul Sweeney once said, "True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful." I believe that, and you should, too. "Quitters never win and winners never quit!" And compulsive quoters get extremely annoying after a while! Hehe, sorry, but come on. Dude, come on! Martin Luther King, Jr. fought to end segregation and I guarantee that some people said "Give it up. You're never going to see your dreams come true." So what's wrong with trying? No offense to you, but your negativity is not helping. Some people are extremely hurt by this. And pessimists aren't making those wounds go away. But fighting to keep VMK open might.

shadowkryptonite
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Actually I would disagree with this statement. They in a way do care about us. We ARE the ones filling their wallets. So they kind of have to care. And I know I will not be playing any other of their games. Don't want to waste money on a game I do not like.

If they cared about us, you think they would listen and keep VMK open?

Dazzle
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Instead of acting like we know everything, how about we just wait and see? ;)

mrmyth
04-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Instead of acting like we know everything, how about we just wait and see? ;)

Since we don't know anything going on behind Disney doors we need to be proactive now before the scheduled end of VMK. We do not have the luxury of wait and see. The choices now are wait and see it close, or try to be heard now, and everyday until the end. Keep sending emails/letters/phone calls to everyone you can. The contacts that have been put together here; http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531
and continue to get the word out to any and all media. Nothing is too big or small. Never know who will see it!

Dazzle
04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Since we don't know anything going on behind Disney doors we need to be proactive now before the scheduled end of VMK. We do not have the luxury of wait and see. The choices now are wait and see it close, or try to be heard now, and everyday until the end. Keep sending emails/letters/phone calls to everyone you can. The contacts that have been put together here; http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531
and continue to get the word out to any and all media. Nothing is too big or small. Never know who will see it!

Oh I didn't mean to stop trying to keep it from happening. I'm with you on that. I just meant instead of trying to predict the future and saying that it won't work, we see if all this bad advertising stops them from closing VMK.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Pisces
04-17-2008, 03:19 AM
I agree that it's not very likely VMK will stay open, but what harm is there in sending letters and emails to a bunch of people?
Personally I'm trying my hardest to keep VMK open

hikoik
04-17-2008, 03:39 AM

This is 90% true.
But, they HAVE to care about us in order to make that money, which is the other 10%.
At first, seeing that it was closing, the first things that flashed through my head were "yep, always hated yavn, now always will" and "thats it for vmk", but to be honest, I think that it IS making a difference so far. The news article, the spot on CNN. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but so far, it just might. Though, I still hate yavn. If he does decided to keep vmk open, and then actually starts running it right, then i'll begin to respect him more.

ElephantEthan
04-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Think about it though. Some of the money of stocks Disney own are going down. They are lowering as we speak about it. We aren't going to let VMK close and Disney staff are with us also. VMK might close but watch the shares go down a couple tens. Disney might reconsider so all we need to do is hope :-)

~ ElephantEthan

shadowkryptonite
04-17-2008, 08:03 PM
This is 90% true.
But, they HAVE to care about us in order to make that money, which is the other 10%.
At first, seeing that it was closing, the first things that flashed through my head were "yep, always hated yavn, now always will" and "thats it for vmk", but to be honest, I think that it IS making a difference so far. The news article, the spot on CNN. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but so far, it just might. Though, I still hate yavn. If he does decided to keep vmk open, and then actually starts running it right, then i'll begin to respect him more.

If your unhappy with Disney, and you stop using their products, they wouldn't care. They know they are a big company. If one person writes a letter saying that they will stop using Disney, all that the Disney people think is " One person less. We still got ALOT of people to scam".

ZooZoo
04-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm glad to obsess over VMK. It's the only place where I can get REAL friends -_-

SkyRocket
04-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Riot you are very correct VMK will close... Especially with people who have attitudes like you. VMK will surive.

thundermtkid
04-17-2008, 10:25 PM
I agree also. VMK is closing and I'm OK with that. It was fantastic while it lasted but it's time to move on to something new.

Shartruse
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Its going to close.
Everyone has there fantasies about VMK not closing because a bunch of people sent in complaint letters.
NEWSFLASH:
I'm facing reality.
Yes its sad, and yes I know its bad to think this way, but do you honestly think its better to think happily and get such hi hopes and then the gates get slammed in your face.

A bit of an exaggeration here now isn't there. Yes it may be true but we still have to at least try. It's like after getting your house broken into you have to contact the police but you don't. I'm raising my spirits even though you seem to try bringing it down. So if VMK closes i know i tried my best at least for something i like.

Friez
04-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Also, Staff know that the players don't want VMK to close. We can't do anything. Their decision does not concern us.

PinkPinkNicole
04-18-2008, 12:27 AM
it's isn't over until may 21!
don't give up just yet :]

Tokrok
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
but:
Oh no!
I'm sorry.
doesn't mean a thing
Hmmm acctually there are only 6 billion people in the world. thats a big difference. And how many of those are disney fans? not more than a billion for sure. And that campared to how many snail mail letters the get is not very many. Disney is noticing us. So is the news. if in a week we can get on T.V. Imagine what the can do in one and a half months
Anyway, trying can't hurt. The worst thing that could come of our efforts is nothing. Nothing does no harm. As I have said above we are doing much more than nothing in a week only.

mickey1970mouse
04-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Yes only 6 Billion people in the world. :) But the 11,000 names on a petition is few, there really needs to be like 100,000, this would really show a great outcry for the game to stay.
Now if we can get the Disney people to look a VMK again and what they should do with it is progress. We do not know what they will do, but getting them talking is a big step.
Saying that VMK will close may be a step in knowing how many people really want it to stay and what they are willing to do to keep VMK open.(My Thoughts)
But it always is better to shoot for the stars and miss then shoot for the ground and hit it. It feels good to try and you will loose that feeling of hope if you dont. VMK closing will hurt many people but those that fight the good fight will feel better in knowing they did what they could to keep VMK open.

-Mickey

Riot
04-18-2008, 02:50 AM
ok
people stop making a big deal about how many people there are in the world i made a mistake...
grr...

TheFireworkZach
04-18-2008, 04:04 AM
About the 11,000 people thing, if that many people were inside Disneyland, the park would be just about empty as it could get. The average daily attendance for a day at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom is about 41 thousand (that is the AVERAGE day, it is probably way higher on the holidays).

11,000 might seem big, but it isn't big enough to change Disney's mind. I think you would need numbers that reached 6 digits, then talk to Disney.

- Zach

mrmyth
04-18-2008, 06:28 AM
11,000 might seem big, but it isn't big enough to change Disney's mind. I think you would need numbers that reached 6 digits, then talk to Disney.

- Zach

It's not only about the numbers but where it is heard. The numbers may be few as compared to the whole Disney audience but if we keep getting publicity on TV/Radio"News/Internet...
Well feel free to multiply that number many times over.
Keep the faith - Keep the effort up!
Doesn't take much - Send the emails-mail the letters-make the calls - alert the media!
We will be heard!
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531

mooneyda
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Hmm

maybe not but as a stock holder and part owner of disney i can let my small voice be heard heard even though it might not be listened too if and when i see any of their names come up in year end votes

Grooveygrl
04-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I wonder how they got 12,000 signatures when only 5-6000 play VMK. :confused:

Stemaboat_Tyler
04-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Maybe iif we form an angry mob and head toward VMK Headquarters and burn it down they will give up and we can save it!

Riot
04-18-2008, 12:16 PM
maybe not but as a stock holder and part owner of disney i can let my small voice be heard heard even though it might not be listened too if and when i see any of their names come up in year end votes

being a stock holder makes you own a mili-part of disney
which makes a big-diff in there decision..

>_<
04-18-2008, 01:37 PM
i personally don't think that disney is revealing the honest truth about the closing of vmk and there may be legal reasons or just plain tough public relation type lingo to communicate (and i don't think they're doing a good job either). in either case, there are two groups of disney to truly convince in order to have 'any' effect on the company. 1. the board of directors and 2. the stockholders. together they both basically own disney. the decision to close vmk was most likely more than just a person who said 'enough'... there is a lot more than what the public knows that disney is keeping secret or just doesn't know how to communicate it with the 'disney touch'.

i see the word is getting out to the media, but as i mentioned earlier, if you really want to make an impact... get to those two groups that own disney.

>_< - a very long time shareholder

Soufriere_Hills
04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
its disneys loss i calculated
if half of the population of vmk went to disney and spent $2000 thats 15,000,000. and say half of that population goes again in hte same year thats 7,500,000 thats all together $21,500,000.!

mrmyth
04-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder how they got 12,000 signatures when only 5-6000 play VMK. :confused:

Yes only 5-6000 play at the same time usually. However it's not the same 5-6000 that play all day, everyday.
Whether you own stock/visit the parks/or just play VMK-
We all need to step up and let our voices be heard!

Madilina
04-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Its going to close.
NEWSFLASH:
I'm facing reality.

that's what i've been saying to everyone, but no one listens

mickey1970mouse
04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I like talking numbers, lets just say the petition , which is around 13,000 people now, became paying customers of VMK.

Ok, Toontown is $80 per year so I will use this number, if JUST those 13,000 joined that would be:

$1,040,000 per year for Disney.

From another site it says over 250,000 people joined VMK.
Lets just say 50,000 joined a paying VMK.

That makes: $4,000,000 a year.

Why would Disney not even consider this?? If they want Money this is a good way to go. :)

mrmyth
04-18-2008, 04:24 PM
that's what i've been saying to everyone, but no one listens

Maybe not everyone wants to be a quitter. If you only have doom and gloom to spread, most of us do not need to hear it. We all read the newsletter and got plenty of it in that alone. It's fine to have your opinion and it's quite valid, however at this point we are all well aware of the nay-sayers. We have heard the sky is falling, but instead of running indoors and pulling the covers over our heads waiting for the end, we chose to try to make a difference. No matter how small it may be, at least we tried.

(And just for you Bat - I remember a line from a certain show/movie that went something like.. Resistance is futile .. although there were casualties along the way, it ended in success!)

SkyRocket
04-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Riot,

You need to see the movie Hortan Hears a who!! It teaches you even a little voice can be heard!

DisneylandMatterhorn
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree. Once i heard vmk was closing, it was sad news to all. Suddenly ' save VMK ' Rooms started coming up on vmk. They've made their decision and we cant do anything about it. What do you think.. one day you wake up and see yavns news saynig ' VMK now open ' ? or something like that. It wont happen :(. Sadly vmk will close, And nothing we can do..

This is just my opinion, please dont hate me for what i think ;) [ hehe ]

- sweet-onyx

I completely agree! VMK and the Walt Disney Internet Group have decided it's time for VMK to close, we can not save it. I find it some-what ridiculous to have VMK on the news, because it won't help much. Many people are sad (I'm sad), but there is nothing we can do. Save VMK rooms won't help much either, like I said - they have decided to close.

~DisneylandMatterhorn :balloon:

LordIllidan
05-02-2008, 02:19 AM
My friends, this fight, by no means, was ever destined to be one that would be quick and easy. But this is a fight worth fighting. It's not just a game to some of us. VMK has brought people together, given great upcoming artists inspiration, allowed the ill to escape to a land where they're just as healthy as everyone else, and has allowed good, clean fun for all it's players.

Even if VMK hasn't brought you, personally, any joy, it's still a fight worth fighting. Not only because it's a good deed to help the people mentioned above can continue to go about their merrymaking, but because, if we win, it may change the world more than you think.

Kids often don't get the opprotunity to make a difference and to leave a lasting impact on the world around them outside of scool and home. To them, everything seems simply too big of a fight, and they're "Just kids." My friends, everyone has a voice, no matter their age. And I want you all to realize that. My hope is that, if we win this, all the kids out there fighting for VMK will realize this. They'll understand that they have the power to change things, and when they grow up? Who knows. Maybe the world will be a lot better than it is now.

However, We need to make change before change can happen. Right now, Disney isn't listening to our emails and letters. We've always known this. Now it's time to step it up a notch. If you want to save VMK, we need to find a way to get to them that will work.

You can Protest in the streets. You can meet these people in person.

More of a stay-at-home guy? You can raise awareness of our situation at your school, and show how this is about more than just a game. You can spread pro-VMK propaganda throughout the web, and to friends and family. You can stay here on the forums, and help motivate people. Anything is better than nothing.

You have a voice. Use it. Silence is surrender without honor.

CapnOlaf
05-02-2008, 04:17 AM
Is everyone saying we should just... GIVE UP?!?

Did Noah give up before he finished the Ark?

Did Queen Elizabeth I give up before the Spanish Armada invaded England?

Did Bobby DeLaughter and Myrlie Evers give up their case before they finally put Byron De La Beckwith in jail?

I don't think any of them did.

Why should we give up saving VMK? Even the most important people in history thought about giving up, and still accomplished the impossible. We CAN save VMK, and we WILL.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!" - Walt Disney

Pirates of the Caribbean quote time:

The brethren will be looking to us, to the Black Pearl, to lead, and what will they see? Frightened bilgerats aboard a derelict ship? No, they will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see, they will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! - Elizabeth Swann

Well ladies and gentleman, allow me the chance to say...

THE REAL WAR HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN! HOIST THE COLORS!

mrmyth
05-02-2008, 05:48 AM
With more attitudes like Lord and Cap,
We cannot be denied!
Double your efforts all! Make a difference/Be heard!
Open a new Email account and resend all those emails. How dare they block us!-LOL
If you have been blocked it just means we are bugging them!
They deserve it!
We fight for VMK as it is now, We fight for VMK to return from the abyss like the phoenix to be born again, stronger and more beautiful than before!
Why do they get to decide our virtual lives' fate?
Get involved, make a difference!

BlazinBeats
05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Its going to close.
NEWSFLASH:
I'm facing reality.

If your not the man or woman who made the desicion to close VMK, then I do not think anyone can say what the true fate of VMK will be until May 21, 2008.

Agreed with Rich.
You don't have the decision.
With enough support, we CAN save VMK.
And to everyone who is going to miss VMK, but isn't fighting, what harm will it do to at least try?
The Kim Possible and Jake Long protest has been going on for over a YEAR.
They still haven't given up, and it's a huge dispute over a TV Show.
Do you think the protest against VMK is pointless now?

WE'RE the ONLY PEOPLE who stand between Disney and closing VMK.
WE CAN CHANGE THEIR MINDS.
Just because they give us an automated email doesn't mean to give up.
It means to fight HARDER!
I KNEW they would say no, and I KNEW people were going to give up.
But you CAN'T give up.
Truth is, we CAN save the game.
Because with enough force, we can move a mountain.
And if you just took the time to send an email, or write a letter,
You can help.

What harm will it do?

StarBP
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Agreed with Rich.
You don't have the decision.
With enough support, we CAN save VMK.
And to everyone who is going to miss VMK, but isn't fighting, what harm will it do to at least try?
The Kim Possible and Jake Long protest has been going on for over a YEAR.
They still haven't given up, and it's a huge dispute over a TV Show.
Do you think the protest against VMK is pointless now?

WE'RE the ONLY PEOPLE who stand between Disney and closing VMK.
WE CAN CHANGE THEIR MINDS.
Just because they give us an automated email doesn't mean to give up.
It means to fight HARDER!
I KNEW they would say no, and I KNEW people were going to give up.
But you CAN'T give up.
Truth is, we CAN save the game.
Because with enough force, we can move a mountain.
And if you just took the time to send an email, or write a letter,
You can help.

What harm will it do?

Listen: the "official" Save Kim Possible page (will not give link because it would violate VMKF rules) has only about 290,000 hits. The "official" petition (will not give link because it would violate VMKF rules) has about 101,000 hits (not to be confused with signatures). If 290,000 (probably way less at the time Disney reconsidered) hits can make Disney reconsider about a TV show, which costs a lot to produce new episodes of and cannot give much advertising to the money-making parts of Disney (outside of commercials), then 101,000 (probably more before May 21) hits can surely make Disney reconsider about an online game, which is comparatively cheap and has almost endless potential for advertising (park quests, packages similar to Traveling Stitch, Disney Movie Rewards, and billboard ads [Esplanade, VMK Central, and Sci-Fi Dine-In], just to name a few)! People, keep trying to save VMK! It isn't over 'till it's over!

BlazinBeats
05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Listen: the "official" Save Kim Possible page (will not give link because it would violate VMKF rules) has only about 290,000 hits. The "official" Save VMK page (will not give link because it would violate VMKF rules) has about 101,000 hits (not to be confused with signatures). If 290,000 (probably way less at the time Disney reconsidered) hits can make Disney reconsider about a TV show, which costs a lot to produce new episodes of and cannot give much advertising to the money-making parts of Disney (outside of commercials), then 101,000 (probably more before May 21) hits can surely make Disney reconsider about an online game, which is comparatively cheap and has almost endless potential for advertising (park quests, packages similar to Traveling Stitch, Disney Movie Rewards, and billboard ads [Esplanade, VMK Central, and Sci-Fi Dine-In], just to name a few)! People, keep trying to save VMK! It isn't over 'till it's over!

Wow, I never realized that.
It has over 203,000 hits.
Hmmm...
Awesome find.
;D

Jeena
05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Is everyone saying we should just... GIVE UP?!?

Did Noah give up before he finished the Ark?

Did Queen Elizabeth I give up before the Spanish Armada invaded England?

Did Bobby DeLaughter and Myrlie Evers give up their case before they finally put Byron De La Beckwith in jail?

I don't think any of them did.

One huge difference there.
These were all issues regarding wars, religion, and overall life and death.

If you, or anyone views VMK as a life or death situation, or even as something that should have to go to court, I think they need to re-order their priorities, completely.
VMK is a game. Where you earned virtual credits, and virtual items to place in a virtual room.
All you are losing is a game, and time that was spent playing.
Yes, some of you spent money on VMK, i.e. buying virtual prizes, and I feel really bad for you there.
You shouldn't be losing friends, because you can just make the effort to stay in touch, via MSN, AIM, the forums, etc.

So VMK has actually blocked certian e-mail addresses?
Wow. That's brilliant. Bullying VMK into submission. Great.
Are you honestly thinking that by annoying the heck out of VMK, they're going to give in?

I'm not saying you should give up, do what you please, but you need to be able to face the truth, so when (Or if :rolleyes8:) VMK closes people won't be so shocked, disappointed and angry.

Jeena
xxXxx

AstroAcer
05-03-2008, 03:53 PM

If you, or anyone views VMK as a life or death situation, or even as something that should have to go to court, I think they need to re-order their priorities, completely.
VMK is a game. Where you earned virtual credits, and virtual items to place in a virtual room.
Yes, some of you spent money on VMK, i.e. buying virtual prizes, and I feel really bad for you there.
You shouldn't be losing friends, because you can just make the effort to stay in touch, via MSN, AIM, the forums, etc.

Are you honestly thinking that by annoying the heck out of VMK, they're going to give in?

I'm not saying you should give up, do what you please, but you need to be able to face the truth, so when (Or if :rolleyes8:) VMK closes people won't be so shocked, disappointed and angry.

Jeena
xxXxx

Wow, I agree 100%.

mrmyth
05-03-2008, 04:48 PM
We are all aware it's just a game, that has given us a community of friends, fun items to use, and created enough of a splash to have a forum like this where people actually go to participate and talk about it. (whether it be positive or not :rolleyes8:)

All you may be losing is a game, but many of us feel we are losing friends and faith in both Disney and any other online game where they can just pull the plug at a whim. As far as money spent it was their choice to do so, even if many would do it differently if Disney was upfront as to the longevity of the game.

There are different ways to interact with different levels of friendships throughout the game. Just by talking on an instant messenger is not the same as meeting up for a game of pirates, or playing a song and goofing with a crowd. Or whatever you found fun on VMK.

Wow we never expected them to do that!! [Sarcasm]
Luckily many of us are bright enough to change addresses we use, rotate messages we send, alternate people we contact. (such a brilliant concept! [Sarcasm])
I'm not sure you know what bullying really means, the dictionary states it as this; To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. and a bully is; A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
By sending messages to people in charge is by no means bullying anyone. Being heard and standing up for what you want is a strong trait to have.

Never know what could happen. Some that are here are too little to see the bigger picture. :Wink: They only see it as saving VMK now. By being heard and making a stand we are showing Disney and other online communities that they need to look at how they handle online games and control them in the future. Perhaps we are having something to do with the future plans of how games are ended and even preparing the thought of a return of VMK in some form down the road. Not all of us want to just be told like cattle,'Ok move along to the next game we spoon feed you until we decide to close that one.

Jeena
xxXxx

All that play and want to continue should be angry at the sudden decision to close the game. We realize it is most likely to close. However instead of sitting there eating bon bons and telling others the obvious, some chose to try and make a difference. Call it silly and roll your eyes, but at least some are willing to put in the effort for all players and games out there.

Jeena
05-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure you know what bullying really means, the dictionary states it as this; To treat in an overbearing or intimidating manner. and a bully is; A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people.
Oh, so writing and constantly bombarding VMK with e-mails they find annoying, to the extent where they're forced to block certian dogmatic individuals, isn't bullying? Really, I find it is.
To force one's way vehemently or by intimidation.
That's the definition I go on, in this concept. You sure now? =]
standing up for what you want is a strong trait to have.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have this trait alright, I just don't choose to use it for (in my eyes) this trivial matter.

Jeena
xxXxx

SonicBoom
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Really
Ive enjoyed playing this
BUT ITS A GAME

I can live
Im happy its closing a bit since i was once addicted and distracted by it.
Face it....
This is just a Trivial matter as said before
Trivial means small for those of you who dont know

11,000 is not a big part of the world.
Disney is a company
They'll make bigger and better games.
They already have
It'll keep growing and growing
Say what you want
Do what you do
Im not stopping you
you guys are being blinded by a game
This is just a small portion of life
Facing the facts
Try to stop it, go ahead, if you win, gratz for you.
Try your best
Just dont because of different opinions
If you think this is a problem
Take a look at the global problems like homelessness and poverty.

Sorry if I sound rude,
Im all ears of saving vmk
Im not for annoying disney to do so.

MagicMonkeys
05-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Did yavn give up when VMK kept releasing random things? NO.

I'm sad that VMK is closing, but enjoy VMK while you can.

LordIllidan
05-03-2008, 08:47 PM

It's more of an issue than you think. Or rather, more of an opprotunity.

I don't know how many times I've said this:

Look at it this way: Kids often don't get the opprotunity to make a difference and to leave a lasting impact on the world around them outside of scool and home. To them, everything seems simply too big of a fight, and they're "Just kids." My friends, everyone has a voice, no matter their age. And I want you all to realize that. My hope is that, if we win this, all the kids out there fighting for VMK will realize this. They'll understand that they have the power to change things, and when they grow up? Who knows. Maybe the world will be a lot better than it is now.

Along with friends, a source of inspiration, a temporary escape from the world... And that's just the stuff that directly relates to the game disappearing. I don't even want to get into the direct consequences of losing a protest at such a young age.

...Except for the fact that VMK will ban us if we try to get any of that info out in their game.

I doubt it. They're not listening to our letters, and we've known that for a long time. They wouldn't bother actually blocking people.

Not all of us are taking that route. Most of us are being rather polite. Polite, but forceful.

We're doing a lot more meaningful things than that. I seem to recall there being news of a protest outside Disneyland on the 10th...

I'm not saying you should give up,

Thanks. You're one of the good ones ;) I'm not saying everyone on your side does this, but I absolutely hate it when people try to actively silence us just because they think we can't win. What makes them think their voice is so much more important than ours, it's allowed to quiet ours?

but you need to be able to face the truth

We know we're fighting a losing fight. That's not going to stop us, though.

Mintypal
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
All these people trying to "save vmk" are addicted. its a game people not real life.

LordIllidan
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
All these people trying to "save vmk" are addicted.

"Addicted." Feh. I haven't been on VMK since December, and even then, it was only to play a few quick rounds of pirates with my friends. Does that matter to me? No.

Thank you for stereotyping the entire resistance. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it

its a game people not real life.

It's not about the game. I'm going to copy/paste this one more time...

Kids often don't get the opprotunity to make a difference and to leave a lasting impact on the world around them outside of scool and home. To them, everything seems simply too big of a fight, and they're "Just kids." My friends, everyone has a voice, no matter their age. And I want you all to realize that. My hope is that, if we win this, all the kids out there fighting for VMK will realize this. They'll understand that they have the power to change things, and when they grow up? Who knows. Maybe the world will be a lot better than it is now.

BlazinBeats
05-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, so writing and constantly bombarding VMK with e-mails they find annoying, to the extent where they're forced to block certian dogmatic individuals, isn't bullying? Really, I find it is.

Well, Disney, being a rather large company, should be listening to their customers.

How do you know they blocked e-mails, anyways?

xoop
05-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree, Riot.
VMK has made up their minds and we can't do anything to stop it.
Plus, this is not a joke about VMK closing; Yavn said so.

mrmyth
05-03-2008, 11:57 PM
That's the definition I go on, in this concept. You sure now? =]
What dogmatics have been blocked? I'm sure a company that becomes "annoyed' is not necessarily being bullied. Perhaps different issues require different means of action. Sorry if you do not agree on the methods but then again not getting involved in such a "trivial matter" should not be a concern of yours then. After all Disney is a big company and can take care of itself.
I just don't choose to use it for (in my eyes) this trivial matter.
Jeena
xxXxx
No but thank goodness you find it not such a trivial thing that you find the time to belittle others efforts.
All these people trying to "save vmk" are addicted. its a game people not real life.
Not addicted, many of us lead full and productive lives, earn a living, contribute to our family/house/community even. We just are not afraid to speak up for friends made and a game we enjoy. Disney is a corporation, not just some fantasy world that your mommy can take you to go on rides.
I agree, Riot.
VMK has made up their minds and we can't do anything to stop it.
Plus, this is not a joke about VMK closing; Yavn said so.
I do not agree. We already have made a difference. They were already forced to acknowledge our efforts and use Yavn to ask us to stop. They very may well close VMK, but maybe because of our efforts they will reconsider how they run online worlds in the future.

And for all of you that insist on telling us it's just a game and to move on..
If it's so trivial, why do you feel the need to express it over and over?
We know..Duh..So why don't you just let it go, since it means so little to you.

CapnOlaf
05-04-2008, 05:10 AM

I know they were much more serious issues, but like LordIllidan has said earlier in this thread... if kids can make a difference and save VMK and use their voice, maybe the world will be a better place in the future, to deal with many serious matters, such as the oil crisis, global warming, and many other things.

Jeena
xxXxx

I won't be angry or disappointed, but I won't go down without fighting either. I understand your opinions, and I respect them... but I will try my best to help save VMK as best as I can.

kingkris
05-04-2008, 07:13 AM
At least I will be able to say I tried!!

StarBP
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
In 1958, Disneyland could have easily been closed for the same reason that VMK is being closed for: that it was "just a promotion" for Disney movies. But Walt Disney, who was known to never close the doors behind him, but to "keep moving forward" (VMK used that quote to tell people to just forget the past and move on, but I think Walt would say it means to never quit, as quitting is taking a step backward, but to always build on the past to make a better future), decided not to close Disneyland. If Walt Disney was around today, I am sure he would be very angry at what has happened to his beloved mouse and the company he started; and I'm sure he would do everything he could to remove all the commercialism from Disney and bring it back to what he had originally envisioned.

SonicBoom
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
In 1958, Disneyland could have easily been closed for the same reason that VMK is being closed for: that it was "just a promotion" for Disney movies. But Walt Disney, who was known to never close the doors behind him, but to "keep moving forward" (VMK used that quote to tell people to just forget the past and move on, but I think Walt would say it means to never quit, as quitting is taking a step backward, but to always build on the past to make a better future), decided not to close Disneyland. If Walt Disney was around today, I am sure he would be very angry at what has happened to his beloved mouse and the company he started; and I'm sure he would do everything he could to remove all the commercialism from Disney and bring it back to what he had originally envisioned.

Agreed totally
Everything in the world
Its gone in shock
Gas prices rising
Prices getting higher
The war?
It all takes an impact on things like it or not
ALWAYS remember the fun you had and make the most out of things
You've tried guys.
Do your best
I honestly think we cant win but we will never know

Lost_Yet_Found
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Here here Star Totally Agree With You.

Riot
05-04-2008, 03:07 PM
hah we have voices
but who says they will listen?

LordIllidan
05-04-2008, 07:27 PM
hah we have voices

Well, we definately won't be heard if we don't bother shouting in the first place, that's for sure.

If everyone took the "We have voices, but nobody will listen" mindset, we'd still have slavery, the American Colonies would either still be English territory or simply just not exist, the Reign of Terror would have wiped out all of France, and so on and so forth.

If it wasn't for the shouts and the voices that have echoed throughout history, the world would be far worse than it is now. And, you know what? There's still room for improvement. We may be far better off than we were then, but things are still far from perfect. We still have a lot more shouting to do. So, why not get these kids involved? Start them off with something comparatively small like VMK, and get them to realize the good shouting does. Maybe then, as they grow older, they'll be able to shout for us long after our voices have cracked and been silenced.

SoccerRyan
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, even if Disney deletes all of our e-mails and phone messages, we can't give up! Like LordIllidan was saying, if people kept their mouth shuts when faced with an injustice during history, this world would be completely different! The Civil Rights Movement would have never happened, the American Indian Movement would have never happened, we could still be controlled by England!

We have to keep fighting this battle for the game we love, even if it is crystal clear that we're fighting a losing battle.

If we say nothing, our chances will be nothing. Complaining and protesting has the capability of backing Disney into a corner and perhaps changing their minds! Though this is highly unlikely to happen, it would have no chance of happening if we sat back and let this money-obsessed organization put an end to the game we love for their own selfish needs. Disney doesn't know how much they could benefit from keeping a game like this, so we need to let them know. Call, e-mail, and send letters. We still have a fighting chance.

gracievp
05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
dude, how many of us thought VMK would last forever. Cus really... we never thought about VMK closing, untill that day when yavn said it in the newsletter.
its true.

Live the magic In your own home
But When the 21st of May hits us, We will not be able to do that anymore.

BootstrapGirl
05-04-2008, 11:36 PM
just because they made their mind up doesn't mean the VMK population can not change it. People and buisness change their minds everyday. When the networks decided to cut Jerico, fans all over protested and Jerico is now back on the air. Decisions are over turned all the time. Nothing is final. So I say everyone should keep up the fight to keep VMK open.

PS. Do you think the Colonists said "face it, we are never going to get this land off of Britian."

That's what I was going to say about the Colonists, too. Couldn't agree more!

futureimagineer1117
05-05-2008, 01:58 AM
As sad as I am to write this, I think it's kind of ridiculous that we're all crying over a virtual game. We're all a bunch of graphics. As sad as I am to see VMK go, it's true.

LordIllidan
05-05-2008, 02:30 AM
As sad as I am to write this, I think it's kind of ridiculous that we're all crying over a virtual game. We're all a bunch of graphics. As sad as I am to see VMK go, it's true.

Do I really need to go over my whole "This isn't about the game" speech? Again?

Keep at it and I may just get tired of my current views :P No, not really.

Once more for good luck, then...

A one, and a two, and a...

BlazinBeats
05-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Haha Ill, might as well go ahead and get that tattooed!
Rofl!

But seriously.
If you were sitting on a waterslide with one drop of water, how much would that do?
Now, if you had 400 gallons of water gushing behind you..
I think you'll start getting somewhere.
;D

BootstrapGirl
05-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Why so negative?
We aren't going to get anywhere with people saying things like we can't save VMK, we can people!
And so what if Disney doesn't read our letters?
So what if we get a prewritten response?
So what if we don't even save VMK?
At least we tried!
At least Yavn will be able to say Yea, we closed VMK but you should have seen our loyal members! They went nuts!
At least Disney will know better next time!
I say it doesn't hurt to fight. Call me what you want; a crazy fan, obsessed.
Maybe I am :)
But I won't let VMK fall without at least trying to fight.

LordIllidan
05-05-2008, 03:12 AM
Haha Ill, might as well go ahead and get that tattooed!
Rofl!

But seriously.
If you were sitting on a waterslide with one drop of water, how much would that do?
Now, if you had 400 gallons of water gushing behind you..
I think you'll start getting somewhere.
;D

Seriously XD If it wasn't for the fact that I'm lacking money to throw away right now, I'd so give VMKF a donation just so I can put that in my sig, instead of having to hunt it down and copypaste it every three posts XD

Madilina
05-05-2008, 07:18 AM
hah we have voices

yup you got a point

mrmyth
05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, we definately won't be heard if we don't bother shouting in the first place, that's for sure.

If everyone took the "We have voices, but nobody will listen" mindset, we'd still have slavery, the American Colonies would either still be English territory or simply just not exist, the Reign of Terror would have wiped out all of France, and so on and so forth.

If it wasn't for the shouts and the voices that have echoed throughout history, the world would be far worse than it is now. And, you know what? There's still room for improvement. We may be far better off than we were then, but things are still far from perfect. We still have a lot more shouting to do. So, why not get these kids involved? Start them off with something comparatively small like VMK, and get them to realize the good shouting does. Maybe then, as they grow older, they'll be able to shout for us long after our voices have cracked and been silenced.

Yup and you missed this one.

Jeena
05-05-2008, 05:08 PM
What dogmatics have been blocked?
Mmm, I heard that e-mail accounts have been blocked, from this thread, so I don't know who, but for someone to have been blocked, they must have been pretty persistant... and annoying, or even rude, for them to have been blocked.
I'm sure a company that becomes "annoyed' is not necessarily being bullied.
But trying to make someone do something they don't want to do, is.
Perhaps different issues require different means of action. Sorry if you do not agree on the methods but then again not getting involved in such a "trivial matter" should not be a concern of yours then. After all Disney is a big company and can take care of itself.
Thing is, I'm not sticking up for Disney, I know barely anything about Disney, I haven't even watched all their films (**LeGasp**), but VMK did mean alot to me, at one point, but now, it's been going downhill for a long while now, if VMK opens again, what makes you all think that it will stay open?
It can't. It actually can't. For whatever reason it closed now, it's most likely it will occur again, or something else just as severe for this game, and this situation will repeat itself.

No but thank goodness you find it not such a trivial thing that you find the time to belittle others efforts.
Belittling other efforts, eh?
I'm not doing this out of spite, thank you very much. :smiley22:
I'm doing this because we have enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years, the staff, and Disney have put alot of money into this game, and when they decide to close it, which they have the right to do, people get up on their high horses and go pretty much insane to try and 'save' this game.
How long are you wanting VMK to stay open for if it re-opens?

Not addicted, many of us lead full and productive lives, earn a living, contribute to our family/house/community even. We just are not afraid to speak up for friends made and a game we enjoy. Disney is a corporation, not just some fantasy world that your mommy can take you to go on rides.

I do not agree. We already have made a difference. They were already forced to acknowledge our efforts and use Yavn to ask us to stop. They very may well close VMK, but maybe because of our efforts they will reconsider how they run online worlds in the future.

And for all of you that insist on telling us it's just a game and to move on..
If it's so trivial, why do you feel the need to express it over and over?
We know..Duh..So why don't you just let it go, since it means so little to you.
If you already know, and realise that some people feel this way, why did you reply to this thread in the first place, or even look at it for that matter?

Jeena
xxXxx

PetitePixy
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Well to be honest, I have no interest in trying to save the game.
I enjoyed my 3 years of the magic, and now it's time to move on. I think of it this way:
My frustration of trying to get the rare items, saving up for over-priced magic, and late nights of playing pirates...can come to rest.
I've enjoyed my time playing, and the countless amount of awesome friends i've made through VMK.
So since I can still stay in touch with my friends, the game can go ahead and close.

:tink:Pixy

Jeena
05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Well to be honest, I have no interest in trying to save the game.

I enjoyed my 3 years of the magic, and now it's time to move on. I think of it this way:
My frustration of trying to get the rare items, saving up for over-priced magic, and late nights of playing pirates...can come to rest.
I've enjoyed my time playing, and the countless amount of awesome friends i've made through VMK.
So since I can still stay in touch with my friends, the game can go ahead and close.

:tink:Pixy

That's a sweet post. I agree entirely. We've enjoyed VMK for three years now. Now it's come to an end, and I think we should accept that and cherish the times we've had.

Katarina
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Anything could happen during this last month of May.

As far as I can remember, Disney HAS cared about our feelings (usually) If they can, and they Want to, they will.
I think we should all keep protesting the closing, until it happens. Then we know we tried. Without the feedback from the fans, we would probably still have no figment and a grocery scanner in the Imagination pavillion!
However, Disney doesn't always listen to the fans. There was VERY VERY large protests of the closing of Mr. Toad's Wild ride in Walt Disney World. It didn't come back.

I am really not sure what VMK is going to do, But we must:

Hope for the Best and Brace for the worst. Our oppinions DO matter, and WE are the only ones that can change things we don't like in this world. Do you think we're america- "Land of the free and the home of the brave" because we said, oh! let's revolt and start a country, and it was? NO we had to work for it! We can TRY and if we TRY and fail? We know we TRIED and have a sense of accomplishment.
Your also being a little bit rude with the "Wow. a small chunk of the world cares, what are we going to do?" stuff. Many great things came because that "small chunk of the world" fought for them! ;)

Thanks for this thread, so we can all voice our oppinions :)
SAVE VMK!

mrmyth
05-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Mmm, I heard that e-mail accounts have been blocked, from this thread, so I don't know who, but for someone to have been blocked, they must have been pretty persistant... and annoying, or even rude, for them to have been blocked.
Not really, this is typical behavior from people that care very little about a community that you go on to say, put such hard work and money into.If they put so much into this they would respect the customers/players they groomed int this game. Some get blocked because they are repetitive which is exactly the purpose of them. To let them know we are here and do want a voice in the decision.

(In reply to bullying)
But trying to make someone do something they don't want to do, is.
You are sure fixated on this term. Getting your message out is not forcing anyone to do anything. Perhaps it will get them to think about the actions they are taking. It's easy to close a game when you do not have to think about the players involved in it. The reality is we cannot 'make them do' anything, so your concerns on this are without validation.

Thing is, I'm not sticking up for Disney, I know barely anything about Disney, I haven't even watched all their films (**LeGasp**), but VMK did mean alot to me, at one point, but now, it's been going downhill for a long while now, if VMK opens again, what makes you all think that it will stay open?
It can't. It actually can't. For whatever reason it closed now, it's most likely it will occur again, or something else just as severe for this game, and this situation will repeat itself.
Your opinion.
Who knows?
Then those that are in that situation will at least have the backbone to try and make a difference, and not be silenced by the doom patrol. History repeats itself and sometimes a few resist for the better of the many.

I'm not doing this out of spite, thank you very much.
I'm doing this because we have enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years, the staff, and Disney have put alot of money into this game, and when they decide to close it, which they have the right to do, people get up on their high horses and go pretty much insane to try and 'save' this game.
How long are you wanting VMK to stay open for if it re-opens?
What money has staff put into it? Seems to me many are having money taken away from them with this decision. With proper marketing VMK could of easily made plenty of money,(even more than it was responsible for already).
Until Disney and VMK have no relevance in our society.

(in response to why reply to a negative post about others efforts to save VMK)
If you already know, and realise that some people feel this way, why did you reply to this thread in the first place, or even look at it for that matter?
I replied because people deserve to read your opinion as well as the opposing opinion. Just because someone posts a give up opinion, in a section where people are actually trying to make a difference as to the future of the game, does not make it free from discussion. For those that are willing to walk away without another thought from a game they played and 'enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years', that is great. Good luck at the next thing and feel free to continue it until you are told to move along. Though I remember it being said what a 'trivial thing' it is, and yet some will continue on about it.

P.S.
hah we have voices

Hosts are, seems the news is after we complained the events are back up.
Never know what a few voices can accomplish.

StarBP
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
hah we have voices

Disney gave Kim Possible a fourth season when a website with less than 290,000 hits (probably less at the time; this was a year ago that they decided that) asked them to. VMK costs way less than Kim Possible to produce (less than $1,000,000 compared to probably over $10,000,000), and could actually make money for Disney over time, both directly (pay-to-play), and indirectly (park quests, Stitch packages, movies, external advertising, etc.). One petition to save VMK has over 105,000 hits (I only count hits in this case, not signatures, because the Save Kim Possible site did not have a petiton). Based on these facts, Disney could very well decide to give VMK a fourth season, keeping with the TV show analogy. Also, the Suite Life of Zack and Cody was given a third season (which is sorta like a fourth one because the first and second season had a total of 65 episodes, the normal limit for Disney Channel shows [side note: Where do you think Disney got the "Speed Limit 65" sign for the Autopia Quest Track?]) due to protests. Honestly, we have a chance, so do not give in to Disney, who is trying to make you forget the closing. (What, you think all the quests and released items were so people could enjoy the things that VMK had planned for the rest of the year and beyond? No! It was Disney trying to make us forget about the VMK closing, because they knew that if they didn't do something, then they would have to give in or risk a bad reputation!) Disney is scared right now; they did not expect 20,000 people to revolt against them. Do not give up; we can do this!!

AstroAcer
05-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Disney is scared right now; they did not expect 20,000 people to revolt against them. Do not give up; we can do this!!

Who said Disney is scared? 20,000 people compared to, what, billions of customers world-wide?

Jeena
05-06-2008, 05:33 PM
You are sure fixated on this term. Getting your message out is not forcing anyone to do anything. Perhaps it will get them to think about the actions they are taking. It's easy to close a game when you do not have to think about the players involved in it. The reality is we cannot 'make them do' anything, so your concerns on this are without validation.
No, not fixated, but when someone questions my understanding of a word, funnily enough I'm going to reply and explain myself, aren't I?

Then those that are in that situation will at least have the backbone to try and make a difference, and not be silenced by the doom patrol. History repeats itself and sometimes a few resist for the better of the many.
You know, VMK might have closed for some serious reason. I highly doubt Disney is not just doing this out of spite.

I replied because people deserve to read your opinion as well as the opposing opinion. Just because someone posts a give up opinion, in a section where people are actually trying to make a difference as to the future of the game, does not make it free from discussion.
No, you've misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying that you shouldn't post, I was questioning why you even bother reading the thread if it annoys you so much to see opposing opinions, and anyway, you already know'...Duh'.
(This thread was trying to say that VMK can't be saved, it wasn't a thread where people wanted to make a difference.)

For those that are willing to walk away without another thought from a game they played and 'enjoyed VMK for 3 years, THREE years', that is great.
I was grateful for VMK even existing, I think three years is long enough. & Yes, it is great. =]
Good luck at the next thing and feel free to continue it until you are told to move along. Though I remember it being said what a 'trivial thing' it is, and yet some will continue on about it.
Oh! Might that be because others reply to our posts? Oh, maybe!
We're having a discussion, what do you expect? =]

The Doom Patrol =P,
Jeena
xxXxx

Tris-Remix
05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
I bet we'll forget abotu this l8r and we'll still be disney fans, no way am i givin up disney stuff

MeiMei
06-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Riot, the name of this forum is "Save VMK." You obviously don't support that cause. You don't have to post in the forum just to put us down. Period.

-MeiMei

Disneyzoodude
06-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Its going to close.
NEWSFLASH:
I'm facing reality.

Thanks for the encouragement lol:Wink:

Even though I agree, we can still dream on, right?