View Full Version : Lost all hope of saving VMK..

PolarFish
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
A reply to an email I sent...

Hey VMKers,

Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.

We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set. We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.

Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to "keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!

Sincerely,

Your friends at VMK

I guess, by the sounds of it, many people will have received this e-mail.

I just lost all my hope....

They should stop giving the ol' "Keep moving forward" idea. That's just their way of saying VMK's no use to use anymore so we're getting rid of it and using it's last days as an advert for new Disney games......

The most family- friendly game on the internet is owned by Disney - the ultimate "family friendly" company. So they are getting rid of it? and even worse promoting voilent games?!!

I'm sorry Disney but you really need to start THINKING.

I'm certainly NOT going toplay any more Disney games, because now I know, once the game gets a few years old, they will just abandon it, like they did with VMK.

Fish

Foggarty
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Well said Fish i cant agree with you more disney has lost ALL MY REPECT for closing such a safe fun online game that was even free far better than club penguin!

Nickpf
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Yes, I did get this email this morning.
We shall not fail! We will fight as one and win!

Foggarty
04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Nickpf i like your ideas !

Kit
04-11-2008, 02:30 PM
We have their attention. It's still early. Don't give up the ship!
-Kit

StitchMad
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Why do they keep refering to Walt's saying "Keep moving forward"? He probably said that when trying to clear Magic Kingdom out after Wishes!

wdmountie
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't understand why you have lost all hope? I mean it's only been a couple days since Disney announced this? You expected them to cave so easily? I certainly did not. Battles are only fought within days. Wars take a lot longer. It usually takes a long time for things to change. This is exactly what Disney wants you to do. Roll over and accept it. Tell them NO! Keep sending out your letters. Send more now! Call Disney! Fax Disney! Email media! Keep playing VMK! Show them you are not accepting this as an answer and keep fighting for what you and everyone else wants! VMK!

kingkris
04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
To me, this is like saying, "Moving forward" is okay if it means shutting down Disneyland to make a entire new park. I would think they would have started creating the new park and told their customers what new park is coming.

VMK is not a regular game. It's Disneyland but online. Would they shut Disneyland down to " Move Forward"???

Highly doubtful..... unacceptable reasonings.

MrMonorail
04-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Do NOT quit VMK! This is exactly what Disney wants everyone to do. If everyone (or most people) quit then it just makes it that much easier for them to shut down VMK. If over 8,000 people already registered at that other site, then there are a lot more people out there who care about VMK than Disney realizes. Keep emailing and calling Disney, stay polite, and DO mention that their other game sites are NOT like VMK. The other sites are games, VMK is a COMMUNITY!

MagicGypsy
04-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Why do they keep refering to Walt's saying "Keep moving forward"? He probably said that when trying to clear Magic Kingdom out after Wishes!

StitchMad.....thanks for the laughter after my tears reading here this morning...YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!
BUT..maybe it was after the first ladies in high heels were stuck in the cement that opening day?
hugs to us all
KEEP UP THE FIGHT TO SAVE VMK AND SAVE THE MAGIC!

slinkyman
04-11-2008, 06:49 PM
This email is a standard message - now that they are noticing us it's time to fight stronger.

PolarFish
04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
The emails are obviously doing nothing.... knowing them they've probably got a filter that searches for the word "VMK" in emails and auto replies to those emails.....

After all, this is Disney.

OmButterfly
04-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Do not give up! Do not lose hope! We can to this!

CaptBrittney
04-11-2008, 07:27 PM
I've stopped doing stuff to to save vmk. It's a waste of time. Because they're not going listen. why do they keep bring Walt Disney into this? I mean players are saying things like"Disney would never allow this to happen." How would they know? Disney is dead, who knows what he'll think. I've lost all my respect to Disney a long time ago. Now it's completely gone with the closing of VMK.

By the way, I'm CaptBrittney on VMK.

wdmountie
04-11-2008, 07:48 PM
The emails are obviously doing nothing.... knowing them they've probably got a filter that searches for the word "VMK" in emails and auto replies to those emails.....

but is is doing something. true they are not reading our emails. but it is spamming their mail boxes full. and there is more to do than just email. write polite snail mail, call Disney up, fax them, ect. Just playing VMK shows them that so many players are still willing to play. Disney is trying to shut you up and appartently they have... I'm sad to see that you can roll over so easily.

For everyone else. Keep it up! Disney is getting our message. It is just time to get louder about it!

MrMonorail
04-11-2008, 08:20 PM

On the contrary, the emails and calls ARE doing something as proven by Yavn's latest "we hear you" speech. They're starting to do damage control so it means they are a little concerned. NOW is the time to make them really concerned.

HaveAMagicalDay
04-12-2008, 02:16 AM
but is is doing something. true they are not reading our emails. but it is spamming their mail boxes full. and there is more to do than just email. write polite snail mail, call Disney up, fax them, ect. Just playing VMK shows them that so many players are still willing to play. Disney is trying to shut you up and appartently they have... I'm sad to see that you can roll over so easily.

For everyone else. Keep it up! Disney is getting our message. It is just time to get louder about it!

I'm also sad that you, Fish, have given up! I'm shocked. They're getting, what they think "junk e-mail", like inkers said, it's filling up their boxes. Phone calls are driving them crazy. People are starting to walk up to WDIG, WDW, DLR, etc. It's getting bigger and bigger everyday. Everyday I check to see what people are doing here to help, and I read something new, and better everyday.

We can't give up, the public is starting to learn what is happening, it's causing Disney to look bad, that's good in this case. If they open it back up, it'll be better for them and us.

LordIllidan
04-12-2008, 05:17 AM

Amen. Just because they give you this passive, dismissive "No, now go away" doesn't mean the game is over. On the contrary, that means it's time to pound harder.

Every wall breaks after enough hammering.

If our message were really not getting to them, they wouldn't waste time replying in any way, shape or form. Just the fact that they acknowledge us is a sign we're getting to them.

Keep up the hammering. Rome wasn't built in a day, and Disney won't go down in a day, either.