View Full Version : Staff

kryon2
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
guys this is not just us who are complaining ever thought about staff?
they might be loseing there jobs. and there house and all the other things

cedog12
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
guys this is not just us who are complaining ever thought about staff?
they might be loseing there jobs. and there house and all the other things

lily said she has no job right :(

Stemaboat_Tyler
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
How would they lose there house?

TheRealPumpkinQueen
04-09-2008, 10:25 PM
How would they lose there house?

If you don't have a job you can't pay for a house...or food .. or car etc.

We do not any of this to be true , but it could happen.

autoalice
04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I was thinking about this myself. Unless they transfer over to the pay to plays if they're all in the same department. I hope VMK staff don't find themselves unemployed :(
This whole thing just stinks :(

Zebraa
04-09-2008, 10:46 PM
That's true, they may be losing their job. But there is such thing as getting a new one? I don't think it will be so drastic that they will have to live on the streets begging for money.

BaldEagleBob
04-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, if they are good at what they do, they will have no problem getting other jobs. This is something that happens sometimes when you grow up. It's no fun, but doesn't have to be a disaster.

On the bright side, they have 6 weeks to look. Usually companies only give you 2 weeks notice when you get laid off. That's what happened to me a few years ago.

EtnaGreen
04-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Didn't yavn say in the newsletter disney gave them all new jobs?

PixelProphet
04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Staff will and has been transfered to ongoing projects. All those faces behinds the scenes that you know and love will be moving on to other projects.

cedog12
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Staff will and has been transfered to ongoing projects. All those faces behinds the scenes that you know and love will be moving on to other projects.

not al said by staff themhimself

PixelProphet
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
not al said by staff themhimself

uh, im sorry, i don't understand what you said.

cedog12
04-10-2008, 11:17 AM
uh, im sorry, i don't understand what you said.

it means disney gave some of them jobs (obivisouly the one who they think are the best and perhaps mostly older staff )

and some have not got anything

dreamytime
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Lily said the night of the 'big announcement' she wishes she 'knew what new project she was moving onto'. She apparently found out from the newsletter of VMK's demise. (Screencaps are available at another fansite.)

There are always projects and places for the 6 figure programmers, debuggers and project managers. Where are the projects for nice hosts?

PixelProphet
04-10-2008, 12:29 PM
it means disney gave some of them jobs (obivisouly the one who they think are the best and perhaps mostly older staff )

and some have not got anything

and where are you citing this information from? considering that all staff that have talked about the issue in game have said they have been placed elsewhere.

PolarFish
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey.. Who know's who it is you are talking to?

Anyone could be typing here... Including staff ;)

Smoop
04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey.. Who know's who it is you are talking to?

Anyone could be typing here... Including staff ;)

1. They already are. Actually, they always have. :)

2. Sad as losing a job goes, it happens. I can't tell you how many friends of mine have been let go the same day they found out the news of their company moving or closing down. That's the real world; especially now in real estate and in mortgage industries. I see it happen everyday. I have been lucky not to been caught up in the crossfire, but many other haven't.

Also, if anybody cares, I know Neopets is always looking for site monitors (just like staff moderators). Not sure what the pay is, but it never hurts to send in your resume.

VMKJen
04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Yea. I feel really bad for the staff. I mean, when I grew up, I wished I would be able to work for VMK.
Now what if that happened, and VMK closed. and all my life thats what I did. What else would I do? Go work at Mc Donalds or something?
So I wish the staff the best of luck...
:(

EtnaGreen
04-10-2008, 09:11 PM
So what's going to happen to the VMK Staff when VMK closes? Well, we're all moving onto other projects here at Disney and positively looking ahead to the future. Me and a few other team members have already moved to other projects (but are still making sure VMK is running smoothly until it closes).
Sounds like to me their are all still getting jobs. and all these people saying lily won't have a job please show proof of her saying this..

kryon2
04-11-2008, 11:04 PM
B_U_M_Ppppppp

futureimagineer1117
04-12-2008, 12:23 AM

Ah, so they'll "keep moving forward" just like the rest of the world lol

PixelProphet
04-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Ah, so they'll "keep moving forward" just like the rest of the world lol

at this time unfortunately, however we will see what we can do right?