View Full Version : I Refuse to Give up!!!!!!!!!

flyingdonkeey
04-08-2008, 01:52 AM
I am sad about the news of VMK's ultimate demise, we all are, but I am not just going to sit and cry about it. I started VMK for the fun of it,, I have embraced the games, the trading, and the aquisiton of good friends and rare items. Just because they are closing the gates does not change any of that. I still want rare things, I still want to see Green Flips on my feet, I still want to get as many clocks, stitch hats, infernos, snowmen, firewalls, Beta items, pirate quest, magic pins, stitch boxes, magenta organs, rare costume pieces and pins as I possibly can, because that is what I enjoy about VMK. Reading Yavn's Newsletter did not change any of that, just ,merely put a time limit on it. I dont know about all of you, but I will still be trading, still be playing pirates and hanging out with my friends, still be building great rooms, still be getting credits and doing host quests,, still be doing everything I have always done, and have as much fun doing it until VMK closes. And when VMK does close, I want to stand proud with my inventory as impressive as it can be, doing inferno for the last time, and say goodbye to VMK with pride, and more importantly, with a smile on my face :)

cutiemorgan
04-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Well said there Fly :)

Zimonada
04-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Finally someone with a decent attitude towards things. I agree wholeheartedly.

StitchRokcs
04-08-2008, 02:32 AM
well said i have noticed in this time of need vmk palyers are bonding everyone rich people popular people new people everyone! all fighting for one cause

flyingdonkeey
04-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the words guys, and I think its great that everyone is working together, fighting to keep VMK open,, I hope it works,, I really do,,,

Grooveygrl
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I totally agree with you flyingdonkeey. We should all stay positive and enjoy the rest of our time left on VMK.

gigarichard
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
This will be everyone's attitude in a matter of days to a few weeks. People are still going through the initial shock of it all.

flyingdonkeey
04-09-2008, 05:08 AM
I dont like going on right now and seeing everyone so sad,, do you really want to remember VMK by how sad the ending was,, or by how great the rest of it was?????

OmButterfly
04-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Wow, what you said almost made me cry. You're so strong flyingdonkeey!

cutiemorgan
04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I dont like going on right now and seeing everyone so sad,, do you really want to remember VMK by how sad the ending was,, or by how great the rest of it was?????

Fly you need to log on,I have a gift for you buddy :) To enjoy these last few weeks.

Soufriere_Hills
04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
wow it just gave me a good idea! umm VMK merchandise like green flips and all the reast LOL

DonaldsWishes
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Thats Very Well Said Im glad someone is with " us "

i have sent in complaints with all 50+ of my mules and fake email addresses :pop

.:Blue:.
04-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I am sad about the news of VMK's ultimate demise, we all are, but I am not just going to sit and cry about it. I started VMK for the fun of it,, I have embraced the games, the trading, and the aquisiton of good friends and rare items. Just because they are closing the gates does not change any of that. I still want rare things, I still want to see Green Flips on my feet, I still want to get as many clocks, stitch hats, infernos, snowmen, firewalls, Beta items, pirate quest, magic pins, stitch boxes, magenta organs, rare costume pieces and pins as I possibly can, because that is what I enjoy about VMK. Reading Yavn's Newsletter did not change any of that, just ,merely put a time limit on it. I dont know about all of you, but I will still be trading, still be playing pirates and hanging out with my friends, still be building great rooms, still be getting credits and doing host quests,, still be doing everything I have always done, and have as much fun doing it until VMK closes. And when VMK does close, I want to stand proud with my inventory as impressive as it can be, doing inferno for the last time, and say goodbye to VMK with pride, and more importantly, with a smile on my face :)
Dear flyingdonkeey and others,

I absolutely 100% totally agree! Surely, I opened a Save VMK room, but I didn't enjoy it; other people did. As soon as I got 15 people and someone else took over, man, I was out of there. Finally accomplishing to do the things I had to do before VMK was over.

-get Dream Ears (done)
-get Flip Hat (done)
-discover if Green Flips really exist
-hopefully get to see Club 33 once, whether I'm in it or it's a picture
-find the Waterpark Pool and enter it
-clean out my friend list and keep all the people I need on there
-get over 1,000 coins in Mansion (done)
-say goodbye to every single one of my friends before VMK is over

BANG! That's what I'll go out with! BANG!

Have a magical day,
CuteDeeBlue
.:Blue:.

Nickpf
04-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Great words Fly.

flyingdonkeey
04-10-2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks everyone for your kindness, everyone keeps asking what I will do after May 21,, answer,, I do not have 1, and I will not give 1, until VMK closes, VMK is still open,, I will cross that bridge when I have too, as will all of us, but until I have to, I will stay on this side of the bridge, the VMK side, , This is where I belong, and I will not leave or think about leaving until Disney forces me to :)

Chululli
04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Im not giving up on vmk, no matter what, even if it closes i will demand it back! Disney will not bring me down!
They do not realize what this game holds..the friendship, the good times, and the bonding we have on this wonderful game.
Save VMK! Disney shall pay!

lemon_seed
04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
i dont agree who cares if you get all of that stuff it will mean nothing after may 21 so why even try????

Lost_Yet_Found
04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Lemon its the point of enjoying the game, we still have like 41 days. Why waste 41 days for nothing? You might as well enjoy your time as you would of before (maybe trying a bit harder to acomplish what you want) because when it comes down to it Yes vmk will close but if you enjoy it as much as you can while its open you wont have any regrets afterwords. :) If you enjoy what your doing at the moment then the rest can wait till later. So enjoy what you have left and the game you like and then worry about what will happen next when the time comes. I could refer this to dying, we are all going to die as we are going to lose vmk but it doesnt mean we walk round saying whats the point of trying when its all going to go anyway, is it? We enjoy what we have at that moment in time.. Anyway fly hope your time on vmk will stay great :)

cteddiesgirl
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Im not giving up on vmk, no matter what, even if it closes i will demand it back! Disney will not bring me down!
They do not realize what this game holds..the friendship, the good times, and the bonding we have on this wonderful game.
Save VMK! Disney shall pay!
I'm with you. I'm not giving up on VMK.

VMK holds the Disney Magic for me. And I love Disney.
Also, I know how this game has helped a lot of people. It has helped both kids and adults suffering from illness and diseases to cope and get through their daily struggles.
I know of several people who have forms of autism that this site has helped out. They have become better people because of VMK. Some of these kids are now absolutely heartbroken which is breaking the hearts of their families.
Other people play as families. It's brought some families closer together because they can share it. All the other games Disney has just have limited appeal and doesn't appeal to all members of the family.

It's brought people together as friends. Many of these friendships will be lost because not everyone is on a forum like this one.

Nope. I'm not giving up the fight. I fight not only for myself, but for the entire VMK commnunity.

Tearing down a real Disney Park wouldn't even have the same effect as tearing down this virtual park.

TinkTaylor
04-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I Totally Agree With You! If We Go, We All Better Go Out With A Bang Not A Disapointing Attitude That It Is Closing! Look At All The Great Things We Have Accomplished And How Many Friends We Have Made. Without VMK We Would Have None Of That!

flyingdonkeey
04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
You guys humble me with your support and your positive attitudes,, this what VMK is all about :)

Funbee
05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I definitely agree with this!

-Funbee

mrmyth
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I too would like to encourage everyone to keep the faith, and step up the efforts!
Time is not our friend and we deserve to be heard.
Thank you if you have sent out emails/letters/calls. If you haven't yet, join in the fun!
At least know at the end of the day you tried to make a difference.
Click the link under my signature for the contacts.

MagicGypsy
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Fly, your words are my thoughts and feelings and each and every response and reply! Being a Foster parent and playing VMK taught me and mine many things. I am lucky enough to have the magic of a real Disneyland to "play" VMK in for real....
I was Beta and have seen many changes but, will like you, will play and have fun until the last STORM OUT! at the Hub!
I am making rooms, joining rides and making new and better friends. I will share as I am able and keep the magic of disney alive, as it does live in all of us who BELIEVE.
Walt started us on that path of thinking and NO Disney corprorate or division can change that which lives in our hearts, minds and maybe even souls?
Day after, I get up and move on with the rest of my kingdom to places and magic unknown but better off for having known you all and myself better for having been a part of this wonderful, magicial, loving, sharing, caring kingdom of Disney Family.
I will also help carry a sign and messages on May 10th....and each and every day thereafter as I can.....
POWER TO THE LITTLE PEOPLE OF VMK.....!

BlazinBeats
05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Very much so agreed.
Not only are many people giving up on VMK,
They're giving up on the fight to keep it open.
Which is very sad.

But, more on topic;
Definately agreed with you!