View Full Version : VMK is Closing... Your Final Thoughts/VMK Story

Schmoofy
04-08-2008, 01:18 AM
A bit early to jump on this thread idea, but I felt that some of us have feelings that need to be expressed.

I started playing VMK back in late July of 2005. Since then, I've been addicted. I've grown, matured, and made great friends along the way. Now that I know for sure that VMK's gates are closing for the last time, I'm not as upset as I would have been a year ago. Why? VMK has been a part of me, mostly because the Disney parks inspired my thinking since an early age. This was a way to express myself through constructive criticism in a real world fashion. I've learned from this, and I am currently working on excelling off of this knowledge, leaving little time for this "training" stage of life.

VMK has been great, but it's time for it to leave without me leaving it. Bon voyage, VMK, it's been great.

What are your feelings on the closure of VMK? What's your VMK story from the time you joined? How have you grown?

StitchRokcs
04-08-2008, 01:20 AM
omg i am so mad and sad i just wasted the last year and a half of my life :( i love vmk OMG my friends what about them! and there is no reason to quit i cant believe this is happening omg do u think its the hate mail we sent disney ? omg i cant believe this is hapening omg
AND plz PLZ tell me VMKF will stay open PLEASE!

Stemaboat_Tyler
04-08-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm happy that I have my best friends emails. Some of my bff's are on here. The day before vmk closes I'm giving all my stuff away to poor so they can see what it is like to have rare. Or to anyone that wants it.

DisneyDesi
04-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Started back in March 2006 thinking VMK was never gonna close but now the day has comed without me getting a stitch hat or anything in my dream. All i wanted was a stitch hat! Never going to get it though

Skyrio
Yeah, I joined just this summer, and it's been the best! :D VMK has also taught me lots of things, like you said. I made tons of great friends, and played lots of awesome pirate battles. To tell you guys the truth, I am very sad and a little mad about it closing, but it's not like life is ending. It's just a virtual game and I'm happy that I can walk away on May 21st knowing that I had a great time. Thanks to VMK for the memories, friends, and knowledge I gained from a little website.

Cools
I am personally very sad.. I have been playing since basically it opened..
I have been made fun of for it, and much more.. Soo I went through years of torture for it to just end like this..

I mean, this is the reason why I look the way I do.. too much computer and stuff..

Maybe I can look the way I did before vmk now..

But this is very depressing..

It just doesn't seem like something they would do!? What is the point of a 10-year ban if they are just going to close vmk?

Who cares if it is just a promotion!? They can't just keep it open? Make it like toontown, or club penguin?

This is very sad. I will miss everyone :(

~€00L$

AlexKZ
04-08-2008, 01:26 AM
I joined right after I moved to a new state in May 2006. I created the account of May 26th, 2006, and became hooked on it because I love Disney. I remember when I first started, I didn't know how to do anything, but people helped me, and I was able to complete the Hidden Mickey Quest II before I went to WDW a month later. I was so excited about getting things at the parks. IN August 2006, I joined VMKF, and met many people. In November of 06, I was so excited about the Space Mountain Comp, because it was my first one ever. 2007 was awesome because i grew more with friends, and marked off being on VMK for 1 year. 2007 ending on a high note, when I won the Gingerbread Competition, and I felt like I shouldn't have deserved it. 2008, I started to go less on VMK because of computer issues, but did get on every few days to a week. I was hoping to get to 2 years on VMK, but that won't ever happen. I've made many friends, and they know who they are. Good luck to them after VMK closes.

Adios, and Farewell!

- AlexKZ (May 26, 2006 - May 21, 2008)

kjazz
04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
I am devastated. I play with my family on this site. We have so much fun. All of our rooms we have fixed up. All the time we have put into getting all the fun things. Is there any way to keep it going? :Unhappy:

Mintypal
04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
I am mad/sad about vmk closing - i started early august 2006 and gained many friends however by june 2007 i got unaddicted however, ever since now i was growing to love vmk and now its all ruined. however i am glad i shared all my memories with vmk

KrazyDopey
04-08-2008, 01:28 AM
I am kind of confused at this closure.

I will miss VMK so much, all my friends and everything, I hope I can still keep in touch with most of them even after VMK closes. I don't understand why they are going to have events, prizes, etc. if it is just going to close, and we can't even use any of it.

I wish we could play VMK and still be able to log on, and not just have it close for good. But that probably won't work without staff. This is just really saddening and kind of perplexing.

It is just such amazing and weird news to have given to you, it's hard to decide your emotion on what to think. Part of me will miss it greatly, part of me is angry it is closing, part is sad that it is, and part is relieved that I can move on from it.

Ah well, nothing I can do now..

princesstinkgirl
04-08-2008, 01:35 AM
I am also confused. I have been on VMK for about a year and just started on this site last week. I look forward to seeing my VMK friends everyday. And I just finally got some of the items I have wanted for a long time! AAHH.

Blossomflower
04-08-2008, 01:36 AM
This is just sad.
I've joined vmk since March 2006, and I've met really good friends on it... knowing them 2 years this summer. I'm just glad I got their AIM screen names before this happened...

This practically ends our vmk circle.

:l

I'm going to juice out the most I can get in these last few weeks of vmk...

TheBird
04-08-2008, 01:44 AM
I joined VMK in January 2006. I was a "lowbie" some might call it. I had no items, no friends, and from observing it in my first few minutes, I took in that taken and "bay.be" were the cool thing to do. As I worked my way up, I met a player who was kind to me and who introduced me to her friends. I soon learned that many despised the taken and "bay.be" players because they brought inappropriate things to VMK. I began to gain rare items, as well as rare friends that I will never forget. Soon, I realized that these people, the ones who were honest and played VMK as it was designed were where my heart truly lied. Ever since I joined, I have enjoyed many rooms, many trades, many friends, many events, and many unique things you can only find in a game like VMK. To VMK, thanks for the times, but no thanks for taking away the many more I may I have gotten should you have chosen to leave VMK open.

A VMK player forever,
Birdsfoil, Falcon-Titan.

DiamondMeme
04-08-2008, 01:46 AM
of course, we had our ups and downs on vmk. Somebody making fun of you after a game of potc, people asking you what u got after you have gotten something on the treasure detector magic, or just plain old having fun with your friends. We all knew it was going to come to an end but when Yavn said it was a new beginning, who knows those games aren't going to end too? But lets all just stop thinking about these last few days and enjoy the life of vmk that it has know...

This is hard for everybody, hard for me, hard for you, but as these last days are going by, think about how much fun you had and all the experiences.

SafariLyssaOnVMK
04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Awww...I started in 2005 when VMK first started, a month or so after beta..At first I was addictated and I am not now, but still that is sad. I don't see why they are closing it.

virtualmagicguy
04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm just really depressed now =(
I'm been addicted to VMK for too long and now it seems part of my life is going to be gone now.
Since I started VMK, I thought it was the lamest game in the world
but once I started signing up for it, I was amazed by all the places in the virtual kingdom.
I actually felt like i'm actually in the disneyland world!
It was during September and I just felt like I had to go on this game for like ever!
Since it was so cool and had this great furniture, felt like I was a child.
Now since i'm saying goodbye to my favorite game, I have nothing to do in life but wait until I actually go to disneyland myself and experience there.
VMK to me meant like a virtual world to meet my greatest friend I ever met.
Make the coolest guest rooms and play awesome mini games.
I was actually hoping new stuff but now all my imaginations are going down the drain.
But life does go on and so will VMK.
So i'm saying goodbye VMK, I will never forget the memories that we share.

Tris-Remix
04-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I started VMK as Cool-Dolphin in february 2006 because my firend told me, then i was an addict, I've made such good firends and played until December 2006, then I played back in March-August 2007 and my stuff got deleted then i started back in February 2008-now and i've made good firends, got stuff and enjoyed myself, farewell good ol' vmk

OmButterfly
04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Here is my vmk story, sorry it's so long!

I joined vmk about right after beta. I saw it in the disney adventure magazine. My mom told me that I should play it, I don't think I was that interested in it, but my mom said I really should play. So I got an acount, CurlySlim, not just a random name, that name a history behind it, but I won't go into that. Anyway, I was a very shy little girl back then. And I was probably the worst speller in the world. So I got my mom to sit beside me everytime I played vmk and type for me (cause I was also a really bad typer). I remember standing in the small world imports trying to figure out how to buy something. As I went on playing (with my mom), I began to want to talk to people on my own. Slowy, I started to! I would get really nervous when someone talked to me, but I learned to deal with it. And because of vmk, I became less shy in real life. So as I went on playing, I started to get all the stuff, and get better at all the games. I spent all day everyday one vmk. Then I joined vmk forums, and I became really rude on here, and I started to get on here more than vmk almost. And did I mention I was rude?! So rude, I had to leave because I was too ashamed. I started to just play vmk, but I got bored some how. I've never been a good trader. I tried and tired, but I just wasn't goot at it. So, I guit vmk... for about maybe four months. Then I came back about a month ago, and about three days ago, I came here again. I started to enjoy vmk again, even though I wasn't as rich as my friends, I still enjoyed it. And now I almost feel like I've been told that I have a month the live! But vmk helped me so much. VMK taught me how to talk to people, how to spend money(or credits) wisely, how to type fast, how to spell, and most importantly, vmk made me the confident girl that I am in rl today. But if it wasn't for vmk, I know I'd still be "that girl with dark hair that never talks and stand in the corner". Well, sorry that was so long, but I had to get it out. And I'm going to buy a vmk t-shirt(if they still sell them), and wear it long after vmk closes. I was curlyslim before I started playing vmk though, and I'm going to be curlyslim long after!

the_phoenix
04-08-2008, 01:51 AM
I've had my share of fun times, sad times, and happy times just like everybody else. I thank everybody who has accepted me and been there for me for all these years.

This is the story of a boy who found what he had been missing - this is my story.

I joined VMK right after Quest Month - but didn't become active until the ending of Tron Month. I was a guest and people were always running away from me. Until one day, while I was asking people to help me pass a quest, I found this guy named Astroshadykid. He helped me pass the quest and just like that, we became friends.
We talked about each other's day, we laughed, we cried, we did everything. That's when I realized I hadn't just found a friend - I had found a best friend.
Time passed and we grew more distant to each other. I didn't log in very often and he grew tired and, well, old. I noticed the funny, silly kid I had befriended was now old and more mature.
"I'm leaving VMK," he said to me one day.
I looked at the chat bubble for a long time, re-reading it to make sure I understood.
"What..why?" I asked him. He didn't say anything - he just left.
The months passed and I was thinking of quitting VMK; there was nothing to do. Then VMK decided to make the theme "Dreams Month" and I found a thread talking about "camping out" to find a host. I responded and went to Splash Mountain Noth Noth West, I believe. There I found two people that stood from the crowd - MLKnCookies and MagicTeaCup.
We talked for quite a while and we became friends. Now, I didn't know it back then, but those two people would have such an amazing impact in my life that the old the_phoenix would be a thing of the past.
Time passed and I became friends with this funny person I met in the Pirates of the Caribbean lobby. She was so funny and silly that I HAD to add her. Her name was dislori and she's one of the reasons I'm who I am today. I have to thank her for everything she's done for me and for my friends.

Dis, if you're reading this, I want you to know you've been the kind of Mom I wished I had. And that you will ALWAYS have a spot in my heart - no matter how small it is :D

Cookies, how do I begin? You've been my big sister since the day I met you. No matter how many times you trap me, stalk me, or open/close my umbrellas, I will always care for you. You have no idea what you mean to me.

Tea, I KNOW you're reading this so I will cut to the point - you're my best friend in the WHOLE WIDE world and I wouldn't change you for anything. ANYTHING.

I've been told there's life outside of VMK and I'm not sure if there is.

But as I walk out of the Esplanade for one last time, I'm telling myself that I will find out.

Thriller
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I've never known VMK would end this fast, I think it's terrible. I have nothing to do on the weekends, and I never go to the parks anymore. This is basically taking away my second life.

Story of Kellis~

Kellis started VMK on March 20, 2006. He was poor and didn't even know how to talk. Although soon after, he quickly caught on and gained rare and many friends. he became addicted to VMK, and he though taken was a cool thing to do, although now, he doesn't and thinks it's inappropriate. Thanks for the memories!

TheDisneyFan
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I started back in September of 2006, I believe. It's been a good "almost" two years. I'm very sad to see it go, but I knew it wouldn't be open forever. I wanted the chance to become a Community Leader, and now my chance is crushed. I recently made a VMK Character at Disneyland, about two weeks ago - now I can't play it anymore after May 21st.

I didn't see this coming, but like I said above, I knew it would not be open forever. From the day I'm typing this post, we have: One month, and about 13 days until closing :(

dabaseballking
04-08-2008, 01:56 PM
This is just sad.
I've joined vmk since March 2006, and I've met really good friends on it... knowing them 2 years this summer. I'm just glad I got their AIM screen names before this happened...

This practically ends our vmk circle.

:l

I'm going to juice out the most I can get in these last few weeks of vmk...

I was part of that VMK circle.

:(
We had lots of fun, that's my story.

BaldEagleBob
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I will try to be brief:

I moved 3000 miles away from home in Dec, 2005. I was very lonely and did not know anybody. It was a very cold and snowy place in the winter and you can't do much outside, unlike my home state that is very warm and sunny and has a disney "adventure" named after it, lol! My best friend called me and told me of this disney game online and we could meet in it and play games and quests.

I was instantly addicted. I had that guest073452 or whatever name and didn't know anything and was trying to figure how to get to the shop in tomorrowland and I met this really nice guy named Neoteny who explained quests and then these two very nice guys (named Schmoofy and MKtourist) traded me rare for very little and started me out and I was so excited to have a Christmas Tree and a Soldier and the rest is history.

There are many, many more good friends, but I need my own thread for all the shout outs, haha! And now VMK is closing, but it was an awesome ride that kept me company all those lonely days and nights and even at my office desk when I should have been working! :mickey:

CapnOlaf
04-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I've been playing VMK ever since the Beta Days, I saw the old Monorail, the old Pirates, the old Fireworks, The Spell Room, and Discovery Island. I even saw Tomorrowland and Frontierland before they were even completed, when they were only shops. I even met Yavn in person several times in VMK. I even used to be a Community Leader, and I even took the VIP tour at the parks. So you could say I'm a VMK army veteran of some sort, metiphorrically speaking.

I've been playing the game since before it was officially open, And now that it's closing, All the wonderful friends I've met, All the things I've done, are gonna close down forever. I'm gonna miss VMK so badly. It's making me a bit sad just thinking about seeing the "VMK is closed" message one last time. :bawling:

I'm gonna miss you VMK, rest in peace.

wdmountie
04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Please check the rant thread for people to contact besides the VMK website!

Also please sign this petition
http://www.petitiononline.com/07171955/petition.html

Also here is a generic letter I found you can write to disney: (Letter found from Save VMK Today Website (http://www.*****************/campaign.html) - do a google search if the link is bad)

Dear Disney:
I am writing today, to express my dissapointment and sadness I am feeling with the recent news of VMK closing as of May 21st. VMK is a place where fans of all ages can gather and share one common love that is in fact Disney. We've grown up with the movies, the characters, the park experiences and now more then ever do we need a place to escape to. With so much negativity in today's society and in our world in general, we need that place where we feel safe.

With VMK gone where do we turn? Sure we can turn ToonTown, Club Penguins and even Pirates Online, but the truth is, we all want to be a little selfish, we all want that great feeling that only vmk can provide us with. The magic that we all get at the parks when we go can only be described as unforgettable and if Disney can create something that lets us relive those moments when we are unable to attend the parks, then they would be foolish to let it go so easily. What I don't think the members of the above company understand is that is exactly what has been created, a magical experience that not I or anyone else who is a Disney fanatic is ready to give up.

So please reconsider the decision to close VMK!

Sincerely,
Your name

UmmYeahOk
04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Well I this whole "VMK was to celebrate DLs 50th" is a bunch of crud. Public beta testing was end of May beginning end of June. So mid year 2005 for a 50th, and even then most of VMK didnt exist. The park we see today didnt exist till 2007! Or maybe they wanted to celebrate the real MK the first year it opened... ...many of the lands, rides werent open. One of my mothers memories was Fantasyland wasnt open, and for a little girl, thats heartaching to hear. Plus if it was truly for the 50th celebration, why was the domain name "vmk.com" originally registered in 1997? :Question2:

I think their marketing for VMK stunk. I went to the park in May 2005 and December 2005, and I didnt even hear about it until December 2007 when looking over the MovieReward prizes. Thats another thing: what about the people who PAID for their virtual items? I mean I guess thats why they canceled the movie reward items, it would stink to buy something only for it to disappear after a month.

I was only on VMK for less than 4 months. I worked real hard to get my magic, and to get my furniture. People who were members for years thought I was rich. And now that its all said and done I wonder if I should even bother signing on again.

What I think they should do each week till ending is slowly release everything. And by this, I mean beta, rare, even that silly magic carpet. Heck, even TD and inferno. And have a special half off sale or something. Make it easy to get. This may make quest winners mad, but the people with real rare shouldnt be too upset because what they currently own is basically worthless anyway since they wont have it after May.

This way people will spend their final days on VMK decorating their rooms, playing dress up, shopping, socializing, playing games for FUN and not for work. I think thats the best way we can all have a happy goodbye. Ya know, like a going away party.

Misskayla
04-08-2008, 07:34 PM
It was the summer of 2005, when I saw a add in one of my disney mags. I was really bored, and thought I'd give it a try. I was on all day almost, the first day I joined. I loved it. I made my best friend, Fantasylion while till a guest, and we are still friends to this day. I have met SO many friends on VMK, and they have all helped me mature, and grow into the person I am today. If it wasn't for VMK, I'd be a totally different person. That's for sure.

SuiteStarr
04-08-2008, 08:07 PM
It is crazy how it affected vmk in less than an hour.. I went to walk my dog last night and came back and I had 2 ims saying "OMG VMK IS CLOSING!" I totally thought they were kidding cause they were friends. Then they told me to read yavn speaks.. and I was devastated. Its amazing though how all those rooms were made so fast and people began to fight immediately. I really hope it works Ive been playing since July 2005 and its been a wild ride.

shaydie
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Ok, well... here's my story. I'm an adult with a little girl who's 11. It's just her and me. We are Disney addicts (especially me, I've been going to DL since I was 2) and we love both the parks, although we've only been to WDW once, in 2005 -- but we visit Disneyland twice a year if we can.

As soon as I heard about VMK I signed up in beta. I got distracted with other things and gave her my character. Then real life got pretty boring (I'm disabled due to panic attacks and am back in college, which doesn't take up a lot of time) and I made a character and started playing again.

We love to log in at the same time, in our bedrooms and play with each other, help each other decorate our rooms and trade. For Christmas and Easter part of her gifts were park quest cards. I have so much fun when we play VMK together, it's like we're friends when we do that, not just mom and daughter. I learned what a good bargainer she was -- man, she will not let go of certain items for anything, like her Tink pin or cauldron, and I'm impressed with her. Ha!

We play Toontown and have been playing that since the start too, but it's not the same as a replica of my dear Disneyland, which I feel is a little slice of heaven in this world. I'm like a ten year old inside; I love good, wholesome fun and this was such a fantastic game for me. I will miss it! :(

UmmYeahOk
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
It is crazy how it affected vmk in less than an hour.. I went to walk my dog last night and came back and I had 2 ims saying "OMG VMK IS CLOSING!" I totally thought they were kidding cause they were friends. Then they told me to read yavn speaks.. and I was devastated. Its amazing though how all those rooms were made so fast and people began to fight immediately. I really hope it works Ive been playing since July 2005 and its been a wild ride.

Thats what happened to me. Someone in the sound mixer was saying stuff, and of course "liar" isnt in the VMK dictionary. He told me to read the newsletter. I still thought he was a jerk trying to scare everyone like that because I had read the newsletter earlier and saw nothing. But sure enough there it was

...I immediately started blaming quest whiners :ThumbsDown:

Tommorowprince
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I joined in 2005 and immidiately was addicted. My goals in VMK were to get every single magic unlimited use one star (unsuccesful), make the best "free if you can find me" room ever (succesful), and get high score on pirates (succesful).

I must say, that I came in very soon after VMK opened, and I had NO IDEA THAT IT WAS A PROMOTION. Why should they close it if that's not what it is anymore?

WE MUST TRY AND DO SOMETHING TO KEEP VMK GOING. I HAVE TROUBLE IMAGINING LIFE WITHOUT IT.

Adventurebry
04-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I started as Adventurebry back in 2005, a week or two after beta ended. I am the 1613th membe r of this forum. VMK had been a daily part of my life. Though my account has been deleted by mistake once, and I was thinking of quitting, my great friends came around and convinced me to come on. So here I am again as AlphaPanchito. I had so many fun times in VMK, and there will always be an empty spot in my heart for VMK. It is just so hard to see that I can't go on right after I finish my homework anymore, or in the summer, the mornings waiting for 10:00 to come so I can finally come on, and play on and off untill they kick me off at 1:00 AM. It is just so hard to say goodbye to all of this VMK fun. It will be even harder to say goodbye to my VMK friends. I guess it had to come sooner or later, though.

Yet, VMK closing made me remember something about Disney. It is SO much more then just VMK. I was playing some flash Disney games on the Disney website, and realized the feeling I got. It is that magical, exited feeling in my stomach that I get when I am in Disney World. VMK used to feel that way in the begging, but it does not anymore. Let's face it, for a lot of us, the Disney magic got sucked out of VMK a while ago. In a way, I am glad it is going, to make way for new, truly magical Disney games. Though I will always be sad for this missing part of my life, that I will never forget. Goodbye VMK! :Unhappy:

-Adventurebry (7/10/05-05/11/07) AlphaPanchito (06/06/07-5/21/08)

limitegal
04-09-2008, 03:21 AM
i started january 2006, and it wuz really hilarious to think that i didn't know where the shop button wuz and how to do stuff... and my best friends! omg i'll miss them SOO much!! :( itz an outrage for vmk to shut down!! :(

FairieAngel
04-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Okay well i just got on here and i started reading this.. can somebody fill me in? Is it a for sure thing its closing?

use2bkewl
04-09-2008, 03:44 AM
hi i am SleppySmallWolf in vmk and....i am so sad i wish there was a way to stop this two years ago i was new and i was going to win best guest room reword now it is rowend! well i had a lot of stuff ppl have fun while it lasts.:( no part of you should be mad of vmk though bc it wont change anything vmk will close forever but don't u think you should go out side more and you know..... get some air and some sun on your skin?

p.S. i am sad to and if one of my friends see this than i will tell you that ill miss you
from SleppySmallWolf

twister411
04-09-2008, 04:04 AM
I am twister-girl on VMK. I have made some really great friends who have helped me learn the ropes and sometimes on quests. I was able to turn around to help new players. This was a good place for me to be, we had fun, laughs, and it was place that wasn't work. I love the host rooms, games, and quests.

Just wanted to say to Cutiegeek, Dark, Bubbles, Fire, Citrus-boy, kevenkeven, and johnadventure (blingblingboy) it's been a great ride.

SillyKid
04-09-2008, 04:04 AM
let's see i started at the end of June 2005..i had started a whole new life in a new school without a lot of friends. vmk was fun, new, and i played it a lot that summer. made some cool vmk friends! about a year into it i had some vmk drama with a good friend and fought with her a lot. it really had an impact on me then lol....i realized just how seriously addicted i was getting with vmk, and the things that went on, and began taking steps back...one more fight with another friend later (not as bad) and i'm now in a good place. i learned a lot about myself the last couple years. and though i made friends on vmk and had a lot of fun, i'm ready for a change from it. it was just too difficult to leave the game and this makes it so much easier for me now..

good luck to all the ppl i have met and hung out with! i will miss the times for sure :)

AceGoalkeeper
04-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I started VMK in December 2005 or early January 2006. I was really addicted for about a year, but after that it died down. For the past year and a half I've only come on for friends. I will probably miss VMK, especially because of some of the friends I will be losing, but I am not as sad as it leaving as most people are. VMK taught me many life lessons and gave me many friendships that I will never forget.

Thanks everyone!
Ace

timmyastro
04-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Well, ive been here since day one also. Im sad to see it go but in the same way i think its time to move on. Hopefully more benifit will come from this than bad. Its a part of my past that i cant forget, and im terribly sorry for everyone like myself who worked for their things and will see them ripped away on May 21st.

Its been a good Ride..

-Astro

GoofyLuke
04-09-2008, 05:15 AM
I will try to put my story in the shortest form possible, lol.

I started VMK in February 06. I was ' new ' like every other new player, obviously. But I really didn't understand the point of the game for a long time. My best friend in real life have requested the game to me, and we all played it together (Him, my brother and I). I still think, how would my life differ if I hadn't been with my friend that one day near a computer? Ah, hard to think. But anyways, I went to the Monorail everyday, made new music, had like 500-1K credits and thought I was the coolest person on the game. My brother had met a very good person, who I'm sorry but I must say his name without asking for approval, coolbigguy. I honestly owe coolbigguy my two year supply of virtual items. He had given my brother and I so many items, it's ridiculous. He didn't even really know us, and gave my brother multiple times Gold Ears, Gold HKDL Chairs, and more! It was great, I would even tell my friend in real life about how nice he was. He got us into the ' trading ' part of VMK. I had a few close friends, and sadly I lost a good friend of mine about seven months into the game. But my brother and I continued to become hardcore traders. It was what we did when we came on VMK. It was the purpose at the time. Friends were all traders, like us. But then, in this last year of VMK, I have truly thought about my friends SO much more then the silly items. I played pirates a lot, visited rooms, and continued to make my inventory grow from just buying things. To this day, all that really matters is the friends on my list. I'm so happy on the game, I don't want it to come to an end! But my best regards to a few great friends:

coolbigguy: You are one of the nicest people I have met in my life. Well, in the game! You are why I am on this forums board right now. You have helped me and my brother so much, I could never repay you for your help. Thank you very much cool!

Darthmelissa: Again, so nice! We have helped each other through so much, it's amazing. Your a great person, and I wish you the best! This will not be the last time we talk, trust me. ;)

TheMetal: We may not be as good of friends now, but you, Long and I were great friends for a long time. I will never forgot our times.

Dizzny-Girl: Not the leader. I know you won't read this, and I know we probably won't talk again. You were a great friend and I can't thank you enough for making the game fun. I remember getting my first Pink Tiki from you ;)

Slamina: Slim! (Or as Chrome would say; " Slim.oh.boo.be.nah! ") We were just talking about the old times a couple days ago. I'll miss you and your cool rooms :)

graymancp: This Captain Blackhearts Quest showed me how nice of a guy you were. I knew I could trust you before the quest, so I said, hey, why not join his group? As you know, I didn't finish the quest. But I don't care, I got to help you and your friends do it. After the quest you gave me the Purple Treasurechest. Honestly that is all I needed to know that the quest meant nothing, but teamwork did. Thanks for the good days we have had.

( This is not a list of my only friends. Every single person out of the 150 on my list, you all made the game fun. )

And anyone I have played Pirates with,
You all made my experience in the game wonderful!

Wishing you all luck,
Goofyluke, lukeyc. :goofy:

DancingPandaBoy
04-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Hey Im DancingPandaBoy and i joined vmk ending of dream month and beginning of halloween month 2007. I barely made half a year on vmk and had a really great time on the site when i first started i didnt play as much cause i didnt know what i was doing. Days went on dream month ended and i made some great friends. Such as softballpitchr. I think that was her title but she started me off with some rare stuff and i was very gratefull for that it was a couple rare hats that got me places. Hehe i must admit when i did get stuff when i first started i foolishly gave away rare stuff such as gold monster doors which was my biggest mistake ever. Then months went on then i met two great friends in a trade room. hehe there reaction to me was look a dancing panda! lol. That was the day i met eclipse(i think) and hulamoongirl. Who were the greatest friends i made on vmk. I also had three friends i knew from real that i always took care of and got them rare stuff like ears bird hat clothes anything they wanted. They were rules soccer and marshmellow:) I will never forget any of you and hope you never forget me after vmk closes. Panda will dance forever!!!

iLoveTheRain
04-09-2008, 06:34 AM
I remember hearing about VMK through the Disney Line, sitting on a bench outside of N-19, and thinking "I have to remember to visit that site when it comes out". I promptly forgot about it XD

I'm not sure when I joined, exactly. I only know that it was right on the edge of beta ending, because my family was visiting and my brother signed up for an account in the park a few days before I went into the park with him and he showed me where to sign up - He ended up with a "Here since day1" badge and I did not. Always my luck.

It was great trying to do the quests for the first time with no spoilers, not knowing what they were or what the reward was, and having all day with nothing to do but that (I had 8 hours to wait for my ride to be ready to leave, and the park was packed and hot and I really didn't feel like standing in line for anything since I was there nearly every day and was pretty bored with it all). I always enjoyed the quests and in-park events. When my family was there, we all had fun trying to get onto the tour, or each picking up as many gold doors cards as we could.
I also find that it's really nice to be able to go onto the game and fire cannons at other ships when i'm feeling cranky, and want to shoot at something. haha

I enjoyed the events that I attended and the people that I met. I enjoyed annoying the people that deserved it. http://www.ilovetherain.com/Emote/Der.gif

It's sad to think that the trinkets that I earned from all of those memories will soon be unaccessable, but we go on...

to the joy and through the tears
We go on
to discover new frontiers
Moving on
with the current of the years

We go on
moving forward, now as one
Moving on
with a spirit born to run
Ever on
with each rising sun

To a new day
We go on

Now I have that song stuck in my head http://www.ilovetherain.com/Emote/happyc.gif

acenima
04-09-2008, 07:34 AM
i loved vmk, i joined at the end of beta. i thought the expeirence was cool and i can't change vmk to come back. thanks vmk and special thanks to qa_dawgiedawg for supporting me and others, u were a great friend and so were all my friends.

.:Blue:.
04-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I joined VMK a few days after it opened. Oh, man, was I hooked. :ThumbsUp: So many friends, so much fun, so many rare items, and then my collection of hats, oh my goodness I loved it. :wub8: I made some special friends that were like sisters and brothers to me; people, if you're reading, you know who you are. ;) Last year I found out about the forums. :Question1: They excited me even more. :D But I just found out yesterday that they were closing, by seeing all the OH NO VMK IS CLOSING threads. :Question2: I asked my friend what they were talking about. She told me to go to the home page and try to log in, and I was in utter shock. I mean, come on! Look at my mood! My jaw is still dropped open! :37:

I'll miss you all; have a magical day,
.:Blue:.

ChrisR
04-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Awww...I started in 2005 when VMK first started, a month or so after beta..At first I was addictated and I am not now, but still that is sad. I don't see why they are closing it.
i think vmk was intended for the 50th anniversary but as yavn stated, it went over its expected run time.

eboy
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
VMK
I joined VMK on August, 2006(My birthday month). I found VMK accidentally when my sister(Thank you sister) showed me a site about Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead men's chest and that site is the one with the promotion where you can get the Sparrow Suit, there was a link to VMK's site so I clicked the link and that's how I found VMK. VMK is my very first online games when I got my Internet. The game inspired me to play other online games, but not even one single game that can beat VMK's magic. The magic VMK offered to me was unexplainable, it was truly an amazing feeling. I met two very kind friends, LuckyZippy and nanarules on my first day playing VMK, they helped me alot. I took a little break from VMK in 2007 because of a big test I was going to have. At first I thought I couldn't play any mini-games in VMK because of the speed of the Internet in my house, I got kicked(Not by VMKers, everytime I entered a game it got stuck and returned me to the lobby) or crashed on every games I played(No one believes me when I begged for free stuff because the lack of credits xD), so for many months I only visits NPC to get credits and stay away from any public rooms(Because of the slow load). I started trying playing mini-games again when magic months came and fortunately the game didn't crashed or kicked me out, I was very happy and started to get alot(I thought 2k was alot when I only visited the NPC for credits xD) of credits. Then. . . . when I heard VMK was closing, I broke in tears, my mom asked me what happened and I answered "VMK closed", my mom was very confused since she doesn't know what's wrong with VMK closing like any other day(Lol). When I stopped crying, I tried to think optimistic that Yavn will reopen VMK on May 23(The official beta launch date) saying VMK is not a promotion game anymore and we will still have our stuffs. I'll miss you VMK.

VMKF
I found VMKF not long after I joined VMK. VMKF is my first ever forum that I ever joined. VMKF really helped me alot on grammar and other things that is important to be on a forum(Which helped me on VMK also). I know VMKF is not going to be closed but this is just to thank VMKF for helping me playing VMK. Thank you VMKF for still being here to remind us about VMK and to communicate with other VMKers. Thank you VMKF.

:Question2:~me~:Question2:

thecrazyduck
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I Started back in 05 a bit right after beta almost finished i met up with a few friends who been in the park before and he been giving me stuff since then helping me every time i got scammed and my account been hacked. also when i wanted my first kiosk and all of us wanted td magic when the big quest opened. and im in big debt to them for like mostly being a good friend to everyone, and atleast caring about my when i was still a guest and it was sad because 1 of my friends gave me a stitch hat. He said " here this is for you for being a good friend and hope we can be friends until VMK closes " and it would be sad for us to not see each other again and tell jokes to and about each other. here are the people im in debt too.

Flyboyv For Helping Me Every time i felt down and when i wanted a kiosk you gave me mostly 30K and letting me borrow alot of your stuff and letting me have a few

DisneyCody for being a good friend and i can count on you when i had something on my mind about other friend

CaptainGoodGuy For giving me alot of quest items when i was still a guest

Sport_Pirate for everytime we used to play pirates together wow we were beast

AceComicBoy for trying to help me every time i wanted to make a room

And everyone else on my friend list for being good friends

MLKnCookies
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I remember playing neopets and saw a game that advertised vmk. At that time I was so bored, searching for a new game. Not only did I play that little vmk game on neopets, I went to vmk.com and joined. I was so confused on what was going on, I feel so stupid as I look back. It was late September 2005, almost Halloween month. I remember asking questions such as:
"How do you turn into a pirate?" (pirate magic)
"How do you get so rich?" (bling magic)
When the items came out for halloween, such as green explorer, candy cauldrons, grey mansion, I had no idea these items were out for a limited time. Since I wasn't the best at mini games, I hardly had any credits. I recall saying, "Wow, lots of cool items are being sold each day!" All I bought was a spider web (lol).

Then one day I met someone who is still my friend today, Haveamagicalday, although that wasn't his original title. We became great friends and he didn't care that I was poor. One time he had a trade room. I had no idea what the values were, but one kind player gave me my first rare item, an explorer suitcase. I gave him a tombstone wall in return. He said, "Enjoy vmk!" That was a very nice thing that he did.

Time went on, and I made more friends even though we weren't the richest. My two best friends were ComicToad and minimit. Although we all quit vmk in mid-July 2006 after the team ride competition, I will never forget them.

I came back on vmk on January 1, 2007. I began to trade for what I wanted, even if I made horrible trades! I made more friends and became addicted to vmk.

In April 2007, I met GoodOldFlapjack, who was my best friend from that point. I met him in hobowendy's Move My Ice room. We became friends because we started talking about the recent movie, Meet the Robinsons. He introduced me to matterhorndan, and there we created an inside joke, the smell team. We always played pirates together, and in just a few hours, I helped matterhorndan go from level 1 to 3 in pirates.

In May 2007, I joined a vmkf project, Virtual Epcot. There I met Harry_Fan and nick_hms (NlCKO-->CapnMonkeyBrains). I also met ShadowJr. Even though the project didn't last long, our friendship did.

In June 2007, I went to HOST_Hula's teleporter event. I won and in the winning room there was a "pool party." So I jumped off the water slide because fellow players told me too. We probably stayed in there close to an hour. At one point we saw fin slide by and we became scared. Around 10 minutes later, Hula came in. She said there was a vmk pass to get in the room and made us feel bad about staying in the room. Before I left the room, I made a new friend; StitchRokcs. We became great friends!

On July 4, 2007, the churro carts came out. I followed Stitch into one of his friend's rooms and started talking to his friend; groovysqirrel. I begged him to add me while he was searching through approximately 30 friend requests. Now that he added me, I don't think he regrets it.

On July 30, I was banned for a month due to an entire room ban. It was hard to stop playing for a month. The only thing that helped me pass through it was that it was August and I had camp.
Upon returning to vmk on August 30, 2007, GoodOldFlapjack along with other friends, greeted me upon my return.

September 1, 2007 marked the first day of Dreams Month. I spent the entire day searching for staff. I found fin but was 2 minutes too late because she already handed out her prize. I noticed a vmkf camp out on here, and headed to Splash Mountain North North West (?). I recognized most people and tried to make friends. One person who accepted my request was the_phoenix. Although at first I wasn't best friends with him, we did hang out. As time went on we became really good friends.
One time he told me, "My friend keeps finding you in the potc lobby, MagicTeaCup." I told him that I always saw him too.
MagicTeaCup and I became friends, maybe even best friends to this day!

Halloween came where I felt the most hyper I have been on vmk because I had the best of friends! I wore my purple superhero costume from Quest Month in 2006, and everyone recognized me.

My favorite month on vmk by far has to be Gingerbread Month. Although I did not win the gingerbread house competition, I had a great time building my rooms, (3 to be exact). Some say I went overboard, but I denied it (even though I spent more than 50,000 credits :D).

Celebrating the New Year was so much fun! Then Magic Month came with checkers. I can still remember playing checkers and even being in first place and on the high scores for many days. I gave up on playing but I still enjoy playing it. Everyone greeted me saying I had the top score!

My friends introduced me to even more friends, such as dislori, AceVolleyPro, LuckyJazz, thedogboy, Ryker, VirtualMouse, waffles, and many many MANY more!

As you can see, vmk has been a big part of my life, and to just see it go, is devastating! I made many great friends and I do not want to lose them forever. All I have left are my memories and many pixels that will be erased.

I still remember so many enjoyable memoriese but it's difficult to include a few years in just one post.

futureimagineer1117
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I remember exactly how I found out about VMK. On June 25th, 2005, I just kind of stumbled across it. I set up an account, and I remember the first room I went into was the Matterhorn. (oh, the memories lol)

Since that day, I've had fun, made friends, and annoyed my family, but I've had no regrets about my VMK experience.

My poem for VMK: which should inspire y'all to help save vmk!

One mouse can start it all,
One friend request can be too many,
One point can make you win,
One extra credit can buy you a room,
One spin of a generator changes the number,
One extra bullet sinks your ship,
One smiley can brighten a day,
One dream granted can brighten a life,
One piece of furniture can transform a room,
One NPC clicked can bring great wealth,
One memory can make us cry,
ONE VOICE CAN SAVE VMK.

We won't stop fighting!

padme123
04-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Here Is My Story One Day I Started Reading The Vmk Newsletter And Almost Cried Vmk Is Closing Down Soon I Feel So Sad Many Good Things Have Happened to me in vmk I Had Many Great Friends And Now Im Disapointed
Me And My Best Friends Played Together Some Things Weren't Ever Released Like The Vmk Trading Game So I know it will be closing about a month from now but i rather talk about it now i haven't been on long when i just looked at the newsletter i felt terrible i cant even lol as much as i used to that one didn't count but now is the time to say good bye Ill Miss All The Fun Game All The Awesome ppl And Administrators And Staff For Helping out With Vmk

~padme123

:( So Many Good Times Tell Me About Yours
Please Stay Dont Go Away your so lovely vmk

Disney Master 500
04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
I started Exactly two days before christmas of 2006. It was a Saterday afternoon and I was bored out of my mind. My dad told me to go on his computer so I would get out of his hair. So I went and typed in: vmk.com. I had been seeing adds and such for this website, so I thought "what the heck!" and got on. When I entered, I felt like a whole new girl. My life changed dramatically from that day on. I dropped a bit in school, but nothing too dramatic. I didn't care. I played day after day, eventually succeeding in things no other virtual character had done in their virtual lives. I successfully got the biggest "family" in VMK. I also persued my dream in making a village. Dreams Village to be exact. With my right hand man, or should I say woman, ashuyre, at my side. We split the village in half. She took the second half, working her butt off just like me. Life continued on in my virtual world. I missed all of March 2007 because some hacker hacked my brother's first account and my father banished me from the game. Once my grades were high again, I successfully got back on April 3, 2007. I had catching up to do. I soon realized how wonderful staff members were, and had met many of them over time. We seemed to become close friends. I soon realized I was addicted, but once again I did not care. VMK helped me type faster, which no other website would have helped me. There was no violence except for the often pretending-to-fight stage that many other players persude in. I would just shake my head, knowing they would be banned some day. I matured more, and grew to memorize the rules. Without vmk, I would be typing for an hour, just trying to write one sentance! I will miss VMK more then anything. But a good thing is that I know most of my friends on VMK forums, which is a wonderful thing. I am still fighting to keep VMK open, but until they agree, I will just remember the great times I had on here. But my most dramatic moment was with my virtual sister, CoolPrincessDream. She would break values, and worse things. I just laugh at what she did now, because I know she had gone away from my life. Even though she was a "threat", I still miss the funny girl she was.

mousecollecter
04-10-2008, 03:27 AM
:mickey:I have been on vmk since june of 2006 . I will miss all the friends and games very much. I will miss everyone so much my friends you know who you are you guys were so nice and helpful with everything. Hopefully we will all stay in touch.Keep the dream :)

:mickey::Question1::mickey-walk-ani:
Mousecollecter

Qui-gon
04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
It's been a learning experience in a lot of ways. VMK was my first online game that I participated in a BETA phase. I found out how things like that work and how MMOGs grow and expand. For me, a good experience over all.

VMKF has also been great, not only as a great and convenient trading hub but a nice place to do fun stuff. I have also seen this place grow greatly over the last three years. Maybe even more then VMK has. VMKF also had many player-created activities, some I played in. Some in VMK and controlled through VMKF and some that were VMKF only - Schmoofy's VMK Masters Tournament and thetitan13's Apprentice are few that come to mind.

Really, just a fun ride.

~Q/S

skipper
04-11-2008, 09:40 PM
omg i am so mad and sad i just wasted the last year and a half of my life :( i love vmk OMG my friends what about them! and there is no reason to quit i cant believe this is happening omg do u think its the hate mail we sent disney ? omg i cant believe this is hapening omg
AND plz PLZ tell me VMKF will stay open PLEASE!
to comment on that.. u didn't waste ur life on it, u had fun didnt u? as long as u had fun, thats all that count, I had fun on vmk while it lasted, got some cool stuff, but nothing lasts forever.. so move forward.. dont hang on to the past, even tho its really hard sometimes :(

SkyRocket
04-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, I was thinking about all the sadness going around about the closing of VMK and etc. But nobody has posted any good memories or funny pictures to remmber VMK by. So I made this for everyone to post things that have happened in your Virtual life. I don't have a camp fire but I do have this thread we can all gather around and tell the Great VMK Memories.

My greatest memory hmm.... I believe it was a time when I got on VMK to see all my stuff in my rooms in different rooms and in ways that I would have never done. Then I called everyone that knew my password and username.. Then I called my grandparents to talk to my brother and sure enough it was him. :O

Post yours below :)

Cools
04-12-2008, 12:40 AM
My best time was when I had stitch and sparrow..

And when I met 2 of my friends. First day of vmk, and we have been friends since!

~€00L$

SkyRocket
04-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Wow, How cool.

Come on guys, put down the phones for a second and tell me your best memory!

missfab123
04-12-2008, 01:01 AM
i really just realized this..... they were doing the POTC online and toontown bc they knew exactly when they were closing vmk.....

FrontierDonovan
04-12-2008, 01:06 AM
My Best Time in VMK was when I went around the kingdom dressed as weird looking guest saying " hi, my title is front wat yours? " or " i like special friends do you want to be my special friend" with one of my friends at about 9 o' clock VMK Time. That was really fun

I also loved they day when I got judged for the Gingerbread competition - and I wasn't entered in it. I too loved the day when I finished the Captain Blackheart quest

SkyRocket
04-12-2008, 01:07 AM
LOL, sound cool. I have done that before too. I randomly ran up and hug someone. Then 1 guy said " If you hug me you will end up in that window over here" LOL

Nickpf
04-12-2008, 01:08 AM
During Tron Month, I was hanging out with these girls and one of them starts saying: -coughs- Help! -dead-. LOL it was funny

bluecruiser
04-12-2008, 01:14 AM
One of my fun memories was during Dreams month, sitting with a bunch of strangers around the campfire in the Explorer's Tent public room, telling not-so-scary ghost stories.

SkyRocket
04-12-2008, 01:20 AM
I have a good memory when 20 people joined my theme park That made my day..

mlg0721
04-12-2008, 01:33 AM
one of mine is when my friend
BlueHairedMonkey had a safari tour bus room built.
it was so much fun, the room was filled and we all pretended to be on a safari with our little hats and the haunted tree.
good times good times

Dizney_Princess
04-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry if this isn't allowed, but this is Dizney_Princess' sister, SherrytheFairy.

My favorite memories (I can't choose just one)? Meeting Joshua, haha. And yes, even though he left a while ago, we were good friends, and it's thanks to graygirl (my other best friend) that we met, even though at first it was weird, seeing as we never met each other before.

My other favorite memory? When my cousins recommended VMK a few years ago. They were at my home, and they said when I joined, I had to go to Matterhorn to meet them. We didn't know about the Advanced Mode then LOL. So we were on the phone, screaming, "OMG I CAN'T FIND YOU!!!" And then FINALLY we went into the same room, and we were so happy that day. xD

And my other one would have to be that mansion with graygirl. And if you're here - Remember my closet? LOL It was like items overload...and it had 2 mickeys? We had the best time of our lives in that thing haha. It was less of a storage room and more of a "meeting friends" room, if you asked me.
And of course, there were many, many, MANY other precious memories, but I wouldn't want to bore you with the details. xD ;)

AthleticAisha
05-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Out of all the memories i have, i cant just choose one.
All i can say is, i love all the friends ive made on vmk.. theyre awesome..
Blossomflower, Dabaseballking...who posted earlier on this.. are part of the vmk circle that ive met over the years...and that friend circle is the best memory ive had. so basically, everyday on vmk ive had, bcuz im always with them, is my best memory.

purpleangelcutie10
05-25-2008, 10:24 PM
There are just way too many memories to choose one...
all i can say is, i'm sad to see vmk go, and i had really great friends on vmk.
i'm glad i can still talk to some of them.
meeting the friend circle and being with them was my memory, i guess.
i don't know where i'd be if i didn't have them.

BuzzBoy133
05-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I was first introduced to VMK when my parents called me downstairs tosee the travel section of the news paper. It was talking about the new things at the parks, but what really caught my eye was the section on VMK. I wasn't open to beta yet, so I waited a few months. Then a few months later, I got my Disney Adventures Magiziene and saw a little bar about VMK, which reminded me of it. It also had a code that would give you 500 credits. So when I started back during the beta days, I was addicted for about a year. Then in 2007, VMK started getting boring and I only went on so my account wouldn't get deleted. Then, in early 2008, I got back into it. But when they announced VMK's closing, I got addicted again. I am very sad about it closing..... :(

osmello
05-26-2008, 03:18 PM
You know the Magic Kingdom never closes? They will not kick anyone out of the park. Yet they surely ended it for the virtual kingdom. Isn't that odd?