View Full Version : Phantom Of Ther Opera

spaced_out
04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
The Theatre Proudly Presents

a spaced_out production of...

Andrew Lloyd Webber's
http://img279.**************/img279/5449/aatitlepicni1.gif
http://img141.**************/img141/4204/jr06299ux7.gif

I remember there was mist, swirling mist upon a vast glossy lake. There were candles all around and on the lake there was a boat. And in the boat there was a man...

You're invited to experience one of the most glorious love stories ever told, when "The Phantom of the Opera" comes to the VMK Little Theatre soon.

Like the amazing spectacle, "The Phantom of the Opera" that forever won the hearts on millions on its Broadway debut, "Phantom" will deliver the same sights, sounds, and costumes much like those in the original musical.

Scheduled to debut late August, "Phantom" will be THE WHOLE SHOW!

You may have seen other renditions of PTO around in VMK before, but you have never seen one like this. "The theater" will receive a glorious makeover, fit to resemble the Paris Opera House in Paris, France. The stage will be given its own set, along with the Theatre Lobby and the Box Office. No other PTO performance could even come close to matching the grandeur of the Theatre's massive spectacle. The infamous "chandelier crash" will also be setting it's course high above the audience - a feat no other imitator has managed to pull off before. The chandelier is being built in our workshops even as I type.

Typically, there will be one showing per day, and one matinee and one night showing on weekends. Times and dates will be posted here after the debut performance.

Because of the complexity and enormity of these performances, an admission fee will be required for entry at the Box Office. However, admission to standard seating during the weekdays 25 credits, and can be payed via anything that charged you 25 credits. All you have to give me is the 25-credit object. Matinees are also 25 credits, but evening performances will be 40 credits. Balcony Seating is also 25 credits, but Rows A - B (the red seats closest to the stage) are 75 credits for matinees, 75 credits for WEEKDAY evening performances, and 80 credits for WEEKEND evening performances. If you do purchase A - B Seats, you will receive a souvenir pin after the performance.

TICKETS MAY BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE.

Here's a breakdown of admission fees to the performances:

* Standard Weekday Evenings: 25 credits
* Standard Weekend Matinees: 25 credits
* Balcony Weekend/Weekday Evening and Matinees: 25 credits
* Deluxe Seating Rows A - B Weekend Matinees: 75 credits
* Deluxe Seating Rows A - B Weekday/Weekend Evening Performances: 80 credits

There are a total of 20 seats in the theatre in all. Each show will allow 20 audience members in a performance at one time. Once a performance beings, no one will be allowed to enter the theatre after the curtain rises. If you need to leave, simply exit via the Globe or ask an usher for assistance.

Stage Map:

http://img240.**************/img240/5516/stagelayotjg9.png

it shall be the whole show, not too long, yet not too short.

TBA dates and times

There is a strict respect policy in The Theatre. Talking during the performance (except for "applause" or "claps") is prohibited. Any guest who speaks during the show will receive an immediate boot with no refund. "Boo-ing" or attempting to speak to any of the cast will also result in a boot. However, emoticons are allowed during the show, and fireworks will be permitted ONLY to be set off during when the cast comes out for a Curtain Call. Any extinguishing of the candles in the theatre will result in a boot with no refund or any form of return.

The doors to the stage will open ten minutes prior to the performance time. However, the Box Office will be open two hours prior to showtime for ticket purchases and vouchers. The Lobby opens 30 minutes prior to the STAGE opening, NOT the performance time. Ushers will be located throughout the theatre for assistance. You MUST sit in the exact seat issued to you during the entirety of the performance. Ask an usher for help on where to go.

Casting

DO NOT Private Message me about asking for a role! Post your request HERE. ANY PM SENT TO ME ABOUT ASKING FOR A ROLE WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT VIEWING.

We will need new players interested in joining the cast of "Phantom Jr." Each player starring in a major role will be paid with a 200 credit item for every performance via buyable furniture cost. For example, for your payment, you will receive a piece of furniture with a cost of 200 credits. Every player starring in a secondary role will be paid with a 100 credit item. Every player starring in the company will be paid with a 50 credit item.

If you do receive a role, you MUST adhere to the following guidelines. If you don't think you'll be able to fit EVERY requirement, please do not try out.

* Players starring in speaking roles MUST FOLLOW THE SCRIPT to its ENTIRETY. You must say the dialogue WORD for WORD.
* You MUST have the required clothing articles for your costume. For example, the costume for the role of Christine requires a Pink or Yellow princess dress. The costume for the role of Carlotta MUST be played by someone with a Bird Hat. No exceptions.
* You MUST BE ON TIME and you MUST MAKE EVERY ASSIGNED PERFORMANCE. Major roles MUST be in their Dressing Rooms twenty minutes prior to the showtime. I understand things do come up, and you may put an understudy in your place. However, 2 hour prior notification must be made in advance.
* You must be able to devote at least 1 hour a day to staging and practices. If you can't devote 1 hour or more, please do not try out.

The following positions are available for player roles:
* pantom (2 spots) MAJOR
* Christine Daae (2 spots available) MAJOR
* Raoul, the Vicomte de Chagny (2 spots available) MAJOR
* Carlotta Giudicelli (2 spots available) MAJOR
* Genòi André (2 spots available) SECONDARY
* Richàrd Fírmin (2 spots available) SECONDARY
* Ubaldo Piangi (2 spots available) SECONDARY
* Meg Giry (2 spots available) SECONDARY
* Madame Giry (2 spots available) SECONDARY

Costume assignments and scripts will be issued to players once they receive a role. VMK Character names will be given to each player also, once they receive a role. The first spot is the standard cast, and the second spot will be the understudies.

Please note: the Co-Producer, Co-Director and I will be extremely selective of our cast. If you're not a fast typer, or you simply can't remember lines, please do not audition if you can't handle the pressure - there will be a lot of it during a single show.

The following Technical/Staff Crew positions are available:

* Ushers (2 spots available)
* Co-Director (1 spot available)
* Security Guards (3 spots available)

The Co-Producer and Co-Director will help me out with script revisions and staging placements. They must also know PTO inside and out. They will be issued a short quiz as their audition.

The list below will update as soon as roles are cast.

The Cast

The Phantom of the Opera - played by the talented spaced_out

Phew, I think I covered just about everything. You won't want to miss this! Be there or be square!
your director,
space

acefredfred
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
I'll be a Co-director. Need any help? just ask!
VMK name: acefredfred
P.s if you don't need a Co-director i will be security guard.

AwesomeM
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
pay to play isn't allowed anymore in VMK. i might come see the show.
-AwEsOmE

BlazinBeats
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I may be open to be an actor.
But I don't know.