View Full Version : Full Use Treasure Detector No Longer Tradeable

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
The Full Use Treasure Detector magic just went non-Tradeable a couple of minutes ago!

-- Satarma --

awsomered
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
awww oh well interesting find

AlexKZ
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Good job VMK! Now people can't over price it, and for the people who don't have it (like me) don't fell bad now about completing the quest. :)

(This is NOT sarcastic)

gilligantrips
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
God, I traded it to another of my accounts and now it is stuck!

Stunt
What about Lightning Magic?

GoodPolarGirl
Of course. Now VMK just wants to make the items 'impossible' to get. Thanks so much VMK!

~Polar

EDIT: After some inspiration from AlexKZ, i change my mind. ;)

punkpat
Omg That Is So No Fair I Need It!!!!!!!!!!!

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Lightning is still tradeable.

-- Satarma --

punkpat
04-02-2008, 10:08 PM
wait this friend of mine has it on and it says it is tradeable

2starTagregory
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
It is tradeable (Too short)

gilligantrips
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
wait this friend of mine has it on and it says it is tradeable
Once they log back on, it will become untradeable. If they try to trade it now, they won't be able to.

Tris-Remix
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Why! that's unfair! What if people had a super good offer now, wait to go VMK! is vmk going downhill by the second?

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I just put it to my other title, and can't trade it back now. Here's the pix:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/37c18f019d.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

-- Satarma --

alice
04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
God, I traded it to another of my accounts and now it is stuck!I thought they might do that. So sorry, gilligantrips and anyone else who had it on another account. :(

Tris-Remix
04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
But why did they do that? What's the use of nontradeable items except for boy/girl clothin

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
it is tradeable 32022 wow look at this one credit to mintypal

punkpat
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
u have to log in again

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Have mintypal open a trade window to a friend and try to put it in the trade window.

It won't go and the picture will change to say it's not tradeable. That's what happened to me.

-- Satarma --

Tris-Remix
04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Did you just take that picture? maybe he didnt log out or you didnt.

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
yes i did. but girl is right during trade it changes

punkpat
04-02-2008, 10:19 PM
ppl say its bc its charging is this true?

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Nope, I traded it while it was charging before. It's completely not tradeable anymore.

-- Satarma --

Destination
04-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I hope this changes! Because I still need to get this magic!

punkpat
04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
actually i think it is my friend just put it in the window

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
it is not tradeable

punkpat
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
ya he just logged in again :(

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
omg :( :( that is rude i was going to trade it for a stitch

greenhpper
04-02-2008, 10:31 PM
It is nontradeable regardless of whether it needs to cahrge or not. I just logged in as my hour is now up. I believe this was probably done to prevent "sharing" of the magic. ;)

PrincessTiffani
04-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Aww... I just told a boy at my school that the only way to get it now is to trade for it!! Now i have to waste my breath telling me its not tradable ( i talk once, and then he keeps the conversation ALL recess)

Satarma
04-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Yes, but the problem is, most of the "sharing" is because VMK didn't let people finish the quest. By closing early, those of us who got the magic, have been letting good friends (that we know won't run off with our magic) who were unable to complete the quest because of that pesky thing known as a life (be it school or work) and the closing of the quest extremely early, use the TD pin.

Granted, there are people who are sharing it with mules. I will admit, I just did it. Wasn't planning on it, but I was getting a little frustrated by the fact that I've used it on Satarma each time it refreshes and have gotten nothing all day. So I decided to see if I'd have better luck on another character and wham! Non-tradeable! can't get it back on my main character!

Some warning would have been nice, like a notice that at VMK close today, it was going non-tradeable. But then again, VMK doesn't seem to like to announce important things like that!

-- Satarma --

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
i feel bad for my friend she lend this boy her magic and then it became non tradeable

charstar
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I had a feeling in my gut this would happen.

Ursweetbabygurl
04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
how do you get lightning magic and TD magic??

:Question:

Tris-Remix
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Is lightning magic tradeable. That would be dumb too if it wasnt too

10vgg
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
how do you get lightning magic and TD magic??

:Question:

you obtain them by playing Pirate quest

Lost_Yet_Found
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok its not tradeable a friend is logging in again to see if the pin changes to nontradeable setting on info.

Ursweetbabygurl
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
you obtain them by playing Pirate quest

Pirate quest??
Where?
How?
lol

Lost_Yet_Found
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
The ' Pirate quest ' ended.

shaydie
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
This is my honest thoughts about it. TDM is going to be sold in the magic shop. Maybe not for a month or two, but I am pretty durn sure it will be. VMK knows there will be some very angry people who have traded away HUGE amounts of their stuff for something that becomes buyable so they decided to stop it. Not that they've cared much about that sort of thing in the past, but maybe they've learned a little from irate players.

I think it will be sold, maybe not next week, but I'll bet by the end of the summer.

FrontierDonovan
04-02-2008, 11:05 PM
This is my honest thoughts about it. TDM is going to be sold in the magic shop. Maybe not for a month or two, but I am pretty durn sure it will be. VMK knows there will be some very angry people who have traded away HUGE amounts of their stuff for something that becomes buyable so they decided to stop it. Not that they've cared much about that sort of thing in the past, but maybe they've learned a little from irate players.

I think it will be sold, maybe not next week, but I'll bet by the end of the summer.

If that happened, It would be REALLY unfair to the people who spent hours working on the quest trying to earn that magic.

~Front

punkpat
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
If that happened, It would be REALLY unfair to the people who spent hours working on the quest trying to earn that magic.

~Front

yes but it was also unfair they ended the quest when ppl had school wasn't it?

Tokrok
04-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Omg that is lame i was going to trde for it. that is really lame

Argoace
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanks to the "Cheaters" Yavn talked about. Unfair for those that actually worked for it, but fair for those who helped others and didn't finish or were in the middle of it.

My thought is sell all the things... Make the value even so the Cheaters don't have the upper hand. Those that worked for it legitimatley, think of it as expensive stuff you don't necessarily have to buy, but could if you wanted to.

Jenngoofys
04-02-2008, 11:18 PM
The " Sharing " with mules or friends made it usable without an hour charge, incase anyone didnt know that and most likely the reason they made it nontradeable. Greed Of VMK strikes again. Woo hoo.

Argoace
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, did not know that Jenngoofys, yup totally see why they would make it non tradeable. Bummer though....

10vgg
04-02-2008, 11:22 PM

i really doubt this will occur

sdkfrachel
04-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Why is Vmk doing this? :[
I really needed that.

shaydie
04-03-2008, 12:09 AM

~Front
I think they would just say, "Well you got to have the magic before everyone else, PLUS 75,000 credits, silver ears..." I still think they'll release it eventually.

Tris-Remix
04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
OK make us not win the quest, that's one thing, now take away our chances for good, um ok what's going on here? Now what are traders going to trade for?

riku133
04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
i have a good explanation why vmk did this, they wanted to stop people from getting like a 5 star treasure detect magic

hulamoongirl
04-03-2008, 01:24 AM
LOL I guess vmk wants some mules to be more valuable :)

Crazy times ;)

Aislynne
04-03-2008, 01:41 AM
LOL I guess vmk wants some mules to be more valuable :)

Crazy times ;)

crazy times indeed ;)

AstroAcer
04-03-2008, 02:00 AM
That's a bummer for those who couldn't complete the quest. But based on how much credits/items you can get from the magic you can't really place a price on it...

WishDreams
04-03-2008, 02:05 AM
I Know Someone Who Has 5 Star TD Magic. HathowayB. Meh Friend Told Me.

Yet I Almost Put A Bet On My Friend Today. x]

~Wish~

Caterpillar AEIOU
04-03-2008, 06:59 AM
I Know Someone Who Has 5 Star TD Magic. HathowayB. Meh Friend Told Me.

Yet I Almost Put A Bet On My Friend Today. x]

~Wish~

He is my friend! He also has green flips LOL
I talked to him today, at the monorail station.
He sent me a message as soon as the pin became un tradebale.

camopup
04-03-2008, 07:06 AM
i had a friend let his cousin use it, an now his kindness has left him with his detctor :( Very sad..

Ravenswood
04-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes! The best news of the day! Now at least the people who have a full use can't take advantage of it in trading rooms! Thanks VMK! Now release it so everyone else has a fair chance of getting Dream Ears and not only the richest of the richest! :mickey:

StacyA
04-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes! The best news of the day! Now at least the people who have a full use can't take advantage of it in trading rooms! Thanks VMK! Now release it so everyone else has a fair chance of getting Dream Ears and not only the richest of the richest! :mickey:
excuse me but i was one of those very lucky few, who was being nice and letting friends use it every once in a while, it just so happens that last night, the moment i traded my friend, it was set as 'nontradeable'

So if you even have your magic, be happy, as least you can get something.
I don't believe vmk should release it.

The magic is like a prize for winning, by releasing it, vmk just wasted my time and the time of others. It wouldn't be fair at all. It is the same as the red space suit [won by the space race] and the pink/red everest suits [not really sure what they are called/ won by Gingerbread]

I don't see how these prizes are any different then those, other then you didn't have to be judged, you just had to finish the quest.

PS: i think i went a little off-topic, my be <3

[: <3 Stay

BonoGirl
04-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I can only hope they made it not tradeable as a result of people who were greedy and worked to obtain many treasures instead of helping other people pass the quest.

If you were sharing your magic with someone, have them write to vmk and you write to vmk to explain and request them to put it back to original owner. I know wishful thinking, but worth a try. I remember this happened with the Sparrow Suit when VMK made that not tradeable, alot of people shared parts too.

2starTagregory
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
I know.. I shared my traded one with my friend and now he has it. I got over it tho.

Satarma
04-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Well, I sent the following to VMK. I'll post what their response is when I get it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have it put back in my inventory?

Thank you!

-- Satarma --

iPerfume
04-03-2008, 03:46 PM
that seriously stinks. But i understand.

Caterpillar AEIOU
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, I sent the following to VMK. I'll post what their response is when I get it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have it put back in my inventory?

Thank you!

-- Satarma --

I think that if your mom's player were to send it in, you might have a better chance of getting it back. VMK has no way of know if you made a fair trade or not, if you were the trader.( because people do trade involving codes and credits through kiosk)

I think the person that HAS the pin needs to send in the request.

I mean, anyone could say they loaned thier pin, and they want it back.

Satarma
04-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I think that if your mom's player were to send it in, you might hve a better chance of getting it back. VMK has no way of know if you made a fair trade or not, if you were the trader.

I think the person that HAS the pin needs to send in the request.

I mean, anyone could say they loaned thier pin, and they want it back.

Hmm. Good point. I'll have her do that. Thanx for the advice!

-- Satarma --

cutiemorgan
04-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Ok I also understand why it has become non-tradeable.What I don't understand is why we were not given any advance warning of this.I personally never did the quest,but have traded for 2 of the TD magic,which is pretty much usless for me to have 2.I remember when Red Space magic become non-tradeable they Posted it on VMK home page and gave us few days warning.But then I guess we are asking to much from VMK to do this huh?

Tris-Remix
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
They should've metioned it and made it untradeable today so people would know instead of trading and they cant get it back

smm914
04-03-2008, 11:56 PM
another strike for vmk. these bad decisions are starting to become a little humorous.

TheFireworkZach
04-04-2008, 02:58 AM
I think this was smart, plus this magic is way too over-rated as you can only use it once an hour and you might not even get a prize some of the times you try. It isn't as great as people think and everyone was pricing it at a stitch hat, no...

Smart move VMK

- Zach

MumIsAlwaysRight
04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but TDM is tradeable again. My daughter had borrowed one from a friend and we were just able to give it back.

Satarma
04-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I just noticed that. Been checking that all day for the past couple of days! LOL

I got my pin back from my mother's title, and it ain't movin' again! LOL

Wonder how long this is going to last... :)

-- Satarma --

Tokrok
04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Yay! I want that pin!

gabyta
04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm glad you could get your pin back :)

Lost_Yet_Found
04-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Yay My Friend Got His Back And let Me Borrow It :) Again