View Full Version : Crowdedness on the Boards and Great Mods

joeyespn
10-10-2005, 01:21 PM
On Saturday there were over 600 users at this site. Pages took over 4 minutes to load on 3.0mbps Cable Internet. If I am not mistaken this site just got a new server and moved this site to TTC'S old server. If you guys could make this site handle 600 users at once i'll be so happy!

Also great mods this site has. GreatGatsby, Mr.Lunatix, SillyPrincess, Mr.Genie, SpinMarty, figmentisback and others are always some of the best mods of the web. Insightful information and great at being moderators.

This is a great site I would give it a 9.2 out of 10!

nicedolphin
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
On Saturday there were over 600 users at this site. Pages took over 4 minutes to load on 3.0mbps Cable Internet. If I am not mistaken this site just got a new server and moved this site to TTC'S old server. If you guys could make this site handle 600 users at once i'll be so happy!

Also great mods this site has. GreatGatsby, Mr.Lunatix, SillyPrincess, Mr.Genie, SpinMarty, figmentisback and others are always some of the best mods of the web. Insightful information and great at being moderators.

Yep i tottally agree cuz first i am on a slow computer (i am stating facts not complaing) but i do not mind it was raining outside and it gave me somthing to do

Batleth
10-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Though this past weekend's lagging due to so many users being online is a rarity, we will continue to look into fixing additional bugs and make further adjustments so the site is a little better prepared to handle the overload of users for VMK's next event. We are hoping to resolve some issues in the next week or two to help smooth things out.

I'm glad to see you have found our new site feedback section. This section will be for the mods/admins to listen to your questions, problems, and comments about VMKF. Mods/admins will directly respond to your concerns to insure that everyone has an enjoyable experience here.

carlyiscoolio
10-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Yes, thank you Mods.I know this weekend that there were a lot of people on this site, and thank you for fixing all of those bugs :)

joeyespn
10-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Thank you for your comments.

Though this past weekend's lagging due to so many users being online is a rarity, we will continue to look into fixing additional bugs and make further adjustments so the site is a little better prepared to handle the overload of users for VMK's next event. We are hoping to resolve some issues in the next week or two to help smooth things out.

I'm glad to see you have found our new site feedback section. This section will be for the mods/admins to listen to your questions, problems, and comments about VMKF. Mods/admins will directly respond to your concerns to insure that everyone has an enjoyable experience here.

Thanks alot for your comments. This is one of things I really like about this site, really helpful mods. Well it seems the site can handle 330 users and under just fine.

grumpyaz
10-10-2005, 02:01 PM

I agree with faster is better, but I also have cable and use wirless most of the time, and did not have that much of a lag time lodiing this site over the weekend. It was a little slower yes, but not slow enough to make you mad. I think with all the taffic using the site it worked just fine. :)

joeyespn
10-10-2005, 02:03 PM
I agree with faster is better, but I also have cable and use wirless most of the time, and did not have that much of a lag time lodiing this site over the weekend. It was a little slower yes, but not slow enough to make you mad. I think with all the taffic using the site it worked just fine. :)

I also use Wireless Cable and the site lagged on Saturday only unitl about 6PMEST. I always go on around 10PM-1AM because of crowd levels and VMKF is also alot less crowded.

SweepHunter
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I thought it was my computer. I have sat here for 15 minutes and still am not into the game site so I thought it was me.

The site is a 10 as far as I am concerned and you have a wonderful site that is safe for kids and it is nice to not be called certain names and be around people who spend their free time bar hopping. Very nice indeed to not have to deal with mean people and to feel safe here.

Great job handling all of these people.

GreatGatsby
10-10-2005, 03:10 PM
What a nice surprise to open the forum and see this thread.

I can't add anything to Bat'leth's comments about the speed issues, so I won't even try.

But I will address the moderator compliment. For me, I think we have some great members on this forum, and even if some of the members and moderators don't always agree, I could not imagine being a moderator anywhere else. No where else can I have such a wide variety of opinions and tastes, and that's always interesting (even in the occasional bad way).

So I say to everyone here: "back at ya!"