View Full Version : Are we ever going to be able to trade Cursed Storm?

DarthTimmy
07-02-2005, 05:42 PM
It has been for days now since I made a new account to trade cursed storm to my other account, because I already entered the code on my oringinal account. I have sent VMK a ton of messages about this promblem, yet still no reply. Post how long you think it will be until they will allow you to trade cursed storm. I think it will be another week.

RuffAlex
07-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Mabe you may NEVER be able to trade it.Shrugs why you cant trade it.I made a new account and i tried to trade Cursed Storm.NOPE.Now i had to give my friend that account cause he wanted to play.Plus He even typed in dvdfbdghb and it said"Sorry that Username was already taken.Strange eh?And i was the one who wanted it!

Macz
07-18-2005, 02:33 AM
maybe you can look at pixelprophets sig he4 has all three and he used his codes early

goofygoober
07-18-2005, 02:39 AM
i know! i can't believe it won't let you! i don't really want that pin, so i was hoping i could trade it for some good stuff on VMK, seeing as how everybody wants one these days. it won't let you trade buried in treasure pin, either. (even though i like that pin)

JDUB
07-18-2005, 02:44 AM
ive seen people with it all over the place and they already used the code
they are geting it somehow.probaly from cast members or somthing

goofygoober
07-18-2005, 02:45 AM
grr... i want to trade that pin so bad! i mean, some ppl will give a lot for it. this stinks!

Yavn
07-18-2005, 03:06 AM
grr... i want to trade that pin so bad! i mean, some ppl will give a lot for it. this stinks!

Right now none of the 3 Pirate Powers can be traded.

Thanks,
Yavn

xfan342
07-18-2005, 03:10 AM
You Rock Yavn!

Hi Wassup!

Jackthorn
07-18-2005, 03:14 AM

Thanks,
Yavn

Really I thought pirate costume could be lol thanks Yavn you rule

skater.punk
07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
i hope u can trade them soon someone was going to trade a teleport pin for mine

rctphreak
07-20-2005, 11:30 PM

Thanks,
Yavn

Hey Yavn, I just created a couple of new accounts was able to succesfully trade the pirate costume from one to the other. The treasure and the storm could not be traded, though.

Peachblush
07-23-2005, 05:59 PM
:nemosmile It has been for days now since I made a new account to trade cursed storm to my other account, because I already entered the code on my oringinal account. I have sent VMK a ton of messages about this promblem, yet still no reply. Post how long you think it will be until they will allow you to trade cursed storm. I think it will be another week.

I don't know hopefully soon cause i want to trade it on my main account

krazymic
07-23-2005, 06:23 PM
i hope u can trade them soon someone was going to trade a teleport pin for minei know right? this stinks!! i did the same thing with the two online players thing too.

got milk?

kitten
07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
:lol: GOT MILK LOL

Pebble
07-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I just got storm, so i'm happy lol :)

DarthTimmy
07-29-2005, 02:17 AM
How did you get it Pebble?

LordIllidan
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM
I remember one time when i was in Yavn's room near closing time, and someone asked Yavn if we were ever going to be able to (in fact, if memory serves, it was a member of these boards, but their name will not be given in case im wrong lol). If memory serves, Yavn said it was designed the way it should be or something to that effect. My theory is that since this is advertising the cereal, they want everyone to get it for themselves, because during a trade the person giving storm doesn't think it as valuable as what he is recieving, so the other person would get it without having to buy his own box. so, instead of selling two boxes, they only sell one, and in the end this may / may not hurt them.

MrGenie
07-29-2005, 02:36 AM
I remember one time when i was in Yavn's room near closing time, and someone asked Yavn if we were ever going to be able to (in fact, if memory serves, it was a member of these boards, but their name will not be given in case im wrong lol). If memory serves, Yavn said it was designed the way it should be or something to that effect. My theory is that since this is advertising the cereal, they want everyone to get it for themselves, because during a trade the person giving storm doesn't think it as valuable as what he is recieving, so the other person would get it without having to buy his own box. so, instead of selling two boxes, they only sell one, and in the end this may / may not hurt them.Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? :) Not sure if this was the same episode or not, but I was in Yavn's tent room the night I posted the pics of him in the new truckers hats. He fixed my Storm pin and I asked him if there would ever be a global fix. He said (almost a direct quote), "it is working the way it was designed to," which leads me to believe there are no plans to make this tradeable. Also, circumstantial evidence would suggest to me that if they wanted to make this tradeable, they could have done it by now. I don't know the rationale for this, other than maybe they don't want you to be able to combine the Cursed Storm pin/extend the animation. You could make the same argument for why Buried in Treasure is not tradeable/combineable, and why the pirate pin is tradeable/combineable. The non-tradeable pins have a non-looping animation, and extending it would be a little odd, unlike the looping animations (invisibility, inferno, fireworks, pirates, magic carpet). Teleportation magic is kind of a unique beast...I don't know if anyone has had the guts (or surplus) to combine this one yet...I'm guessing that you can't, or that the effect is non-existent.

SpookyBear
07-29-2005, 02:42 AM
My friend has been writing to the help desk and she checked her inventory today and cursed storm was there. She said she simply said that she was not able to get it because she had used the code already and they fixed it for her.

LordIllidan
07-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Whachoo talkin' 'bout, Willis? :) Not sure if this was the same episode or not, but I was in Yavn's tent room the night I posted the pics of him in the new truckers hats. He fixed my Storm pin and I asked him if there would ever be a global fix. He said (almost a direct quote), "it is working the way it was designed to," which leads me to believe there are no plans to make this tradeable. Also, circumstantial evidence would suggest to me that if they wanted to make this tradeable, they could have done it by now. I don't know the rationale for this, other than maybe they don't want you to be able to combine the Cursed Storm pin/extend the animation. You could make the same argument for why Buried in Treasure is not tradeable/combineable, and why the pirate pin is tradeable/combineable. The non-tradeable pins have a non-looping animation, and extending it would be a little odd, unlike the looping animations (invisibility, inferno, fireworks, pirates, magic carpet). Teleportation magic is kind of a unique beast...I don't know if anyone has had the guts (or surplus) to combine this one yet...I'm guessing that you can't, or that the effect is non-existent.

yep, that was it...

on topic: i wonder why storm/treasure isn't tradeable, yet pirate is?

and i believe if it doesnt extend the animation, it shortens recharge

MrGenie
07-29-2005, 04:32 AM
...i wonder why storm/treasure isn't tradeable, yet pirate is?Did you not read my detailed theory on this? Just curious. We can't have a real discussion if the question just keeps getting repeated. :)

...and i believe if it doesnt extend the animation, it shortens rechargeOkay, I have put out my theory on this, but people keep ignoring me so I decided to test this out tonight. I have confirmed that my initial theory is true on recharge times:

1) The recharge timer starts when you start a spell, NOT when the spell ends.

2) The more stars your magic pin has, the longer the pin lasts.

3) If you have a multi-star pin, the recharge time will be SHORTER relative to when the spell ENDS. However, the recharge time is IDENTICAL relative to when the spell BEGINS.

4) If you are wearing multiple pins of the same spell, each has their own recharge timer. The same goes if take off a magic pin and put on a different pin of the same spell...you can use the new pin immediately, even if the first pin says WAIT.

EDIT: It turns out that combining teleportation pins shortens the recharge time. This makes sense to me since it's the only spell where it doesn't make sense to extend the animation loop, and there has to be some benefit to combining the pins. I still don't believe recharge times are shortened for any other combined magic pins besides teleportation.

dizneydesi
07-29-2005, 05:33 AM
Tank YOu Genie!!

Let me see if I can simplify #3:

the recharge time for a magic pin stays the same; the lenght of spell is longer when it is muti-star pin, thus It Seems like a short recovery. I hope this helped.

blob3
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi yavn thank you so much

joejoeman best friend of skippyskippy

Oranges
07-29-2005, 01:13 PM
i hope u can trade them soon someone was going to trade a teleport pin for mine

Why would anyone want to trade teleport for cursed storm. For me it would be the other way around lol. :)

mackegirl
08-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Tank YOu Genie!!

Let me see if I can simplify #3:

the recharge time for a magic pin stays the same; the lenght of spell is longer when it is muti-star pin, thus It Seems like a short recovery. I hope this helped.
thanks i was confused!

DarthTimmy
08-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Yavn, I want to thank you for helping me get Cursed Storm.

HappyBoy
08-18-2005, 09:15 PM
So, do I go to yavn's room to get the storm fix, assuming I can get in (have tried - made it once but crashed before I could ask), or do I ask yavn here.
Hi yavn
:)

zelphda112
08-26-2005, 05:16 AM
no i don't think we will be able to trade cursed storm:(

stewart
09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
hey man it me bobotheclown wazz up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PixelProphet
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
it will not ever be made tradable, as there is no need to combine the pin, the length of the animation is fine from the standpoint of staff ;)

RuffAlex
09-14-2005, 11:24 AM
it will not ever be made tradable, as there is no need to combine the pin, the length of the animation is fine from the standpoint of staff ;)
Pixel i think your right.But i thank yavn for giving me cursed storm.Thanks Yavn!

Ruff

bohemiaLOVE
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
It has been for days now since I made a new account to trade cursed storm to my other account, because I already entered the code on my oringinal account. I have sent VMK a ton of messages about this promblem, yet still no reply. Post how long you think it will be until they will allow you to trade cursed storm. I think it will be another week.
cursed strom may not be tradeable for a long time ask yavn i got too cursed storms for some reason
~~~~~~~~~~~
need help go on [link removed]

DarthTimmy
09-19-2005, 01:34 AM
May I ask, SpinMarty why did you remove the link?

MagicStarPower
09-19-2005, 05:02 AM

Thanks,
Yavn

Hey Yavn,

I have a problem and I need your help ASAP!

Coaster

Ellington
09-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Genie, I have have a Five Teleportation and the recharge is Six seconds, it is pretty awesome. :)
Also, I think that the Buried in treaure and storm combined would have a shorter recharge.

PixelProphet
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
to be honest i like the cursed storm magic and buried in trasure magic, but i would go crazy with someone that had a 6 second recharge of it and they kept using it...

DarthTimmy
09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Well I know somebody with a two star buried in treasure, but I have never heard of anyone who has a five star. Do you know if those two pins were tradeable ever? It seems a lot of people have more than 1 of each of those pins.

MrGenie
09-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Well I know somebody with a two star buried in treasure, but I have never heard of anyone who has a five star. Do you know if those two pins were tradeable ever? It seems a lot of people have more than 1 of each of those pins.Buried in Treasure was never tradeable. For a few days (approximately 6/24 - 6/26), the Cursed Storm code was incorrectly giving the Buried in Treasure pin, and the Buried in Treasure code was giving the Pirate magic pin. So, anyone who entered the Cursed Storm code between 6/24 - 6/26 and also entered the Buried in Treasure code after 6/26 would have received two Buried in Treasure pins but no Cursed Storm pin.

DarthTimmy
09-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Buried in Treasure was never tradeable. For a few days (approximately 6/24 - 6/26), the Cursed Storm code was incorrectly giving the Buried in Treasure pin, and the Buried in Treasure code was giving the Pirate magic pin. So, anyone who entered the Cursed Storm code between 6/24 - 6/26 and also entered the Buried in Treasure code after 6/26 would have received two Buried in Treasure pins but no Cursed Storm pin.

Oh ok, thanks for the info Genie.

MarathonMan
09-19-2005, 10:54 PM
i have too cursed storm pins

DarthTimmy
09-19-2005, 10:54 PM
i have too cursed storm pins

Did you have one from the code, and then yavn helped you get another?