View Full Version : Green Flips

figgyfan
02-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I am going to attempt to get these babies, but I honestly don't have a clue as to what they are worth in these post-inferno days. Can anyone give me an idea in stitch hats or any other "currency item" of what these go for now?

DisneyDesi
02-29-2008, 11:42 PM
like 10 stitch hats alot of stuff

figgyfan
02-29-2008, 11:47 PM
10+ hats hmm, you seen it traded for this recently?

rollercoastergal
02-29-2008, 11:49 PM
It used to be worth 4-5 infernos, before the infernos were re-released.

They're now worth 10+ stitches and some firewalls. (IMHO)

figgyfan
02-29-2008, 11:59 PM
well this isnt encouraging so far, seems pretty steep...anyone actually involved in one of these trades? I would like to hear from some people that have traded or gotten these too.

CaptainLegoDude
03-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Before inferno came out.. I saw them trade for:

5* inferno
3 stitch hats

so thats.. 23 Stitch hats? i think.

~Captain

flyingdonkeey
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I have heard them going for 20 Stitch Hats

Lilligirl
03-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I saw one person offer 15 Stitch Hats, 30 Firewalls, 6 full sparrow outfits, and 5 1* Infernos (after the re-release), where they got all of it, I'll never know. (They probably scammed a few people)

figgyfan
03-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Now I haven't witnessed any trades, but IMO anything over 15 hats is absurd. Only a handful of players could even make that offer. 10 is extreme, but I could see it.

Erikcrayons13
03-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Id say they go anywhere from 1-2 firewalls.

iAmSilverLucas
03-01-2008, 01:03 AM
its not 23 stitch hats lol an auto win is usually 11

CaptainLegoDude
03-01-2008, 01:40 AM
Id say they go anywhere from 1-2 firewalls.

Umm.. Dude? Were talking about green Flip Shoes ya know. The ones that are worth more than ill ever be able to afford? There worth more than 1-2 firewalls @_@

GoofyGeggy
03-01-2008, 01:44 AM
One person was attempting to get 21 Stitch Hats for his Green Flips, but nobody came close.

It all comes down to this - value is determined by what people are willing to trade for an item. It will be a long time before we get a sense of what the Green Flips are perceived to be worth.

You can throw out all previous trade equations, because most of the big items trade for much different amounts than they did pre-Inferno release.

My personal opinion? 4-6 Stitch Hats is well worth Green Flips.

TheFireworkZach
03-01-2008, 02:59 AM
20 Stitch Hats I think is a little too much. I think Goofy's opinion is about the closest I have seen it although it is one of those items where it is honestly the owner's choice. It was out during the beta period so that is why it just isn't plain priceless, just it probably is one of the most valueable items in the game.

I would probably say anywhere from 4 to 10 Stitch Hats would be pretty decent although I all think it is the owner's choice, depends how nice the person is.

- Zach

groovysqirrel
03-01-2008, 03:01 AM
About a week ago, one owner of these shoes had a room open that said he was trading some. He said the top offer was 11 Stitch hats if I remember correctly. So I'd go along with everyone else with at least 10 Stitch Hats.

GoofyGeggy
03-01-2008, 03:55 AM
However, one trade - or trade offer - doesn't dictate the value of an item...it just dictates what that one person is willing to offer.

There needs to be a number of Green Flip trades before even a relatively close idea of perceived value can be determined. All we have now is what the owner(s) of Green Flips feel they are entitled to.

GoofyLuke
03-01-2008, 04:43 AM
There needs to be a number of Green Flip trades before even a relatively close idea of perceived value can be determined. All we have now is what the owner(s) of Green Flips feel they are entitled to.

I actually strongly disagree. There are rarely, and I mean rarely green flip trades. So if one goes for 10 stitch hats or whatever, the value of what people will want for the shoes will raise.

-Goofy:goofy:

GoofyGeggy
03-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Because I trade an Esmeralda Pin for a Pirate Couch doesn't mean that that's the value, it just means that I traded with a person desperate enough for the Esmeralda Pin that they were willing to trade about anything I asked for it.

However, it's when there are a number of Esmeralda Pins traded, that a general consensus of the perceived value is agreed upon.

Thriller
03-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Whoah, I remeber them being four stitchies..
Good luck with trading for them, but there are seven (I believe) in VMK.
It will be difficult

Erikcrayons13
03-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Whoah, I remeber them being four stitchies..
Good luck with trading for them, but there are seven (I believe) in VMK.
It will be difficult

Many more pairs of Green Flips than 7.
I believe you mistaked them for the Green Baggy Pants, there are 7 or less than that known to the kingdom at this moment.

Chele
03-01-2008, 06:37 AM
However, one trade - or trade offer - doesn't dictate the value of an item...it just dictates what that one person is willing to offer.

Correct to a certain extent. If green flips owners refuse to trade their flips for anything under what they perceive as the value then the majority won't be traded; however, it will still be in demand by other players. Players will eventually offer more and more until they are able to find a green flips owner willing to trade.

I agree that the vmk market (at this time) is not able to handle a trade of 20+ stitch hats for flips. However, I personally find an offer of 4-6 absurd and an insult. Unless they are re-released, over time their value will continue to increase; not decrease.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Fan. I wish you the best of luck in your quest to find them. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. :)

GoofyLuke
03-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Correct to a certain extent. If green flips owners refuse to trade their flips for anything under what they perceive as the value then the majority won't be traded; however, it will still be in demand by other players. Players will eventually offer more and more until they are able to find a green flips owner willing to trade.

I agree that the vmk market (at this time) is not able to handle a trade of 20+ stitch hats for flips. However, I personally find an offer of 4-6 absurd and an insult. Unless they are re-released, over time their value will continue to increase; not decrease.

Very nicely said Shell.

- Applaud -

-Goofy:goofy:

figgyfan
03-01-2008, 06:56 AM
The discussion is entertaining...with this type of item, I think it is more about finding someone willing to trade. So far, in taking all these opinions, I believe that flips are a 7-8 hat item.

Keep in mind, as the value of flips might rise, so does other items. Moreover, the stitch hat has enjoyed an extra boost in value in the post-inferno era, probably more than any other item. Therefore, I think it is a whole new game and must throw out any math from previous flip worth.

I am not trying to degrade the flips and create my own value that may be less than worthy, I am just hoping to collectively find a middle ground here so I can put a solid offer together. I appreciate the opinions so far, and would love to hear more!

mrmyth
03-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Hmm - This is difficult with the uncertainty of VMK releases. 4-5 yellow(gold) ariels? Oh nvm..
Flips are among the last of the truly sought after items. The problem is who can be sure of how long.
I seem to remember a part where Yavn said something along the lines of Flips and Inferno never being sold.
I guess Inferno is not being sold, (sort of), but it is readily available.
The value only pertains to what someone will part with them for.
It is realy an idividual asking price so it is impossible to put a true value of them out.
Maybe 2 flips per baggy green shorts? - Does that help?
(No it doesn't but I wish you luck!)
I agree with you - it's more about finding someone that would part with them - Then the items needed would be catered to each individual.

blueoceanwater
03-01-2008, 07:14 AM
I agree with what goofygeggy says. It all depends on what the owner is willing to sell them at. Its basic economics coming into play. A person could be willing to pay 5 stitch hats but it all depends if the owner wants to accept that offer or not. Different people have different views as to how much they are willing to sell to you. And as Chele was saying if they dont re-release them then their value will increase even more.

Whipstersh
03-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I would say that they are worth 20 Stitch Hats. Before Dancing Inferno Magic came out, they were going for generally 6*'s of the magic, and each star was equal to about four Stitch Hats. Once inferno went down in value, Stitch Hats went up a bit.

While I would say that they are worth 20, you must consider what people would actually pay for the Green Flip Flops. From there you will get what you will trade them for. You would more than likely come closer to about 10 Hats.

CaptainLegoDude
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I would say that they are worth 20 Stitch Hats. Before Dancing Inferno Magic came out, they were going for generally 6*'s of the magic, and each star was equal to about four Stitch Hats. Once inferno went down in value, Stitch Hats went up a bit.

While I would say that they are worth 20, you must consider what people would actually pay for the Green Flip Flops. From there you will get what you will trade them for. You would more than likely come closer to about 10 Hats.

That's what i said in my earlier post. :)

figgyfan
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
"Value" is what people are willing to regularly trade for an item. Anything above 15 hats is absurd and unrealistic. Sure the math may be correct from previous times, but stitch hats have the spotlight as the premier rare item in the game now and therefore have an increased value. I have seen a few opinions now of around 10 hats, and I can understand that.

figgyfan
03-10-2008, 03:09 AM
bumping this up! I just completed a trade for green flips. Here is what I gave:

3 Eye Pins
4 Stitch Hats
35 Fire Walls
6 DLR Pumpkins
3 Stitch Boxes
3 White Snowmen
Magenta Organ
2 Pirate Couches

So since I have made this trade, I wanted to help establish the flips value, which is around 10 stitch hats. Good luck to those trading and looking for the flips!

gabyta
03-10-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm glad you got your flips.. It was a great offer what you gave.

nateyboyisweet
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
bumping this up! I just completed a trade for green flips. Here is what I gave:

3 Eye Pins
4 Stitch Hats
35 Fire Walls
6 DLR Pumpkins
3 Stitch Boxes
3 White Snowmen
Magenta Organ
2 Pirate Couches

So since I have made this trade, I wanted to help establish the flips value, which is around 10 stitch hats. Good luck to those trading and looking for the flips!

Very Good. I was in your room the other day. I couldn't believe my eyes that u had that much stuff. LOL

GoofyGeggy
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM

I'll say it again: one trade a value does not make. Sure, you traded this much, but it will take a few Green Flips trades to establish a "norm" value. ;)

Jeena
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Congratulations! Lucky finding someone wanting to trade theirs. Nice trade!

Jeena
xxXxx

figgyfan
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Geggy,

You may be right but I know of a couple more trades in this range. I haven't seen any much higher, but I do know that one player traded for flips for 5 stitch hats.

And TY to everyone, I was lucky to find someone willing to trade and am happy to get them!!

BaldEagleBob
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Just wondering, what would you do if green flips were to go on sale next week in the Emporium?

cedog12
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Just wondering, what would you do if green flips were to go on sale next week in the Emporium?

it highly won't bc it is staff onyl clothes but if it did he can proabably just ask for it back i am sure he is nice and if not that would stink

GoofyGeggy
03-11-2008, 11:36 PM
That's actually why I'm extremely hesitant to start seeking those Flips. Sure, it would be nice to have them, but I'm sure the week after I trade loads of high-end items for them, they would be sold in-game.

I'm quite sure it will happen sooner or later...along with the Green Baggy Pants, too...

gigarichard
03-11-2008, 11:54 PM
That's actually why I'm extremely hesitant to start seeking those Flips. Sure, it would be nice to have them, but I'm sure the week after I trade loads of high-end items for them, they would be sold in-game.

I'm quite sure it will happen sooner or later...along with the Green Baggy Pants, too...

If we get past this coming Monday then we can wait another year you would think..... but with VMK everything is such a risk. :stundecided:

Congrats on the flips!

GoofyGeggy
03-12-2008, 02:19 PM
If we get past this coming Monday then we can wait another year you would think..... but with VMK everything is such a risk. :stundecided:

Congrats on the flips!

Oh, I have never thought a release of the Green Staff Uniform parts would be related to a holiday - I think they will release them on a random weekend with no fanfare.

Erikcrayons13
03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
From friends I heard that no staff item will ever be released to the public.

Not sure whether this is true or not, but I do believe it.

GoofyGeggy
03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, if you heard it from friends, then I guess it's true... :rolleyes:

We've heard stuff from Yavn, himself, that has turned out to be not true, so don't take stock in what "friends" say.

Erikcrayons13
03-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I didn't mean it to come across that way. I just said I agreed with what they had to say. Whether they ever brought it up or not, I believed it to be true anyways :)!

mickey0794
03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, back in January, when Phinny had the winter magic teleporters game, I asked her: " Will green flips, minnie, or bags ever come out again? " she wouldn't say yes or no, but she DID say this: " Well, yavn likes minnie alot, so probably not minnie. but i'm not gonna say anything about the green stuff - giggle - "
She seemed suspicious. :[ and I'm serious, she actually did say giggle @_@