View Full Version : Gabriella... or not.

.:Blue:.
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
My school had auditions for a play of High School Musical today! I am perfect for the part fo Gabriella, so says everyone I know. BUT ALAS, I have tonsilitis and couldn't show up, after I was practicing for over 2 months! I am so sad right now, I forgot about the tonsilitis... :bawling:

cedog12
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
don't worry ask the director if u can understudy untill your voice get better

i was suppose to be troy but since my school it not good at concerts and stuff i did not do it now they have all bad singers

EtnaGreen
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
My school had auditions for a play of High School Musical today! I am perfect for the part fo Gabriella, so says everyone I know. BUT ALAS, I have tonsilitis and couldn't show up, after I was practicing for over 2 months! I am so sad right now, I forgot about the tonsilitis... :bawling:

You can always ask the teacher who was holding auditions if you can do yours after school and tell her you had tonsilitis. If she doesn't let you, you can always have a hard warming speach to the principal or the school board about how unfair she was about not giving you a chance. (dont forget to cry ;)) Or you can just congratualte the person who got your part and wait until the next play for you to ge the lead, you might as well share the limelight.

About your friends, not to be rude, but your friends and family say you are good and you will be perfect for the part because they dont want to hurt your feelings. Make sure you are good before you ask for another chance.

dabaseballking
02-11-2008, 09:34 PM
HSM? In school? Crazy.
Sorry about not being able to play her.

Stemaboat_Tyler
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Is there another play audition? Usually, there is two play try outs.

iamprincess
02-12-2008, 12:49 AM
I am sure that the director will understand and can put it off. Do you have a good relationship with the director? Does she/he know how good of a singer/actor you are?

Best of luck with you and Troy ;)

.:Blue:.
02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
OK, now I have good news! My friend Courtney was aslo trying to audition, but because only 3 people showed up, it isn't unitl next week!