View Full Version : What is there to do in DLP?

DiamondMeme
01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I have NEVER been to DLP before. I have NEVER been to paris before. Can anybody give me some info about fun stuff in DLP and Paris?

Thanx
-Diamond:hermionegranger:

PolarFish
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi. I am a regular (well, I go quite often) to DLP and I think it is amazing, just about everything there is fun!

The new Tower or Terror has opened in the Studios and that is WELL worth a visit. If thrilling coasters is your thing, there are a few rides you must ride -

Space mountain
Indiana Jones and the temple du peril
Rockin' rollercoaster
Crush's Coaster

those last two are in the studios, SM and Indiana Jones is in the main park.

If it's small rides you are into, I suggest going over to fantasyland - And don't be scared of riding Big Thunder Mountain - It looks ALOT worse than it is.

On a side note, just incase you are afraid to venture into the Haunted Mansion, don't worry, nothing jumps out on you. Muahaha! (no, seriously, nothing does jump out)

Some resturaunts I would reccomend are, well, the DELI on Main Street is quite nice, but, although I am not sure of the name of it, opposide the entrance to BTM there is a small cafe there - it's the best! It even does Churros

or, if you are really posh, you could always try Walt's Diner on Main Street
But you may want to check out the prices on the Menu before you eat there. LOL :)

Fish

Neoteny
02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Space Mountain rocks! Also, Phantom Manor!

And some of the cool things which Paris has that the U.S. parks don't have are Skull Rock and the Alice maze. Fun stuff!

PolarFish
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Space Mountain rocks! Also, Phantom Manor!

And some of the cool things which Paris has that the U.S. parks don't have are Skull Rock and the Alice maze. Fun stuff!

And the dungeon! beneath the castle.

Skull rock is fabulous - That is one of the main stops for photo-takers :)

cedog12
02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
the potc ride is cool to be carefull u might get a little wet

Neoteny
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
And the dungeon! beneath the castle.

Skull rock is fabulous - That is one of the main stops for photo-takers :)
Oh, yeah, I don't know how I could have forgotten the Dungeon! That was a complete surprise to us. Really cool audio-animatronic dragon in there.

lemonysnicket3
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Don't like your popcorn? Feed the dragon ^_^.

Neoteny
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
the potc ride is cool to be carefull u might get a little wet
That's a good point, too! I got much wetter on the Paris Pirates ride than I do on either of the U.S. versions.

PolarFish
02-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh, yeah, I don't know how I could have forgotten the Dungeon! That was a complete surprise to us. Really cool audio-animatronic dragon in there.

I don't advise taking small children to the dungeon, they usually end up crying :(

BTW

The pirates ride has got to be the best (non-big thrilling) ride with the best effects I have ever seen, I was so inspired by that ride I made a VMK Replica (well, I tried anyway - I'll leave you to be the judge of how effective it is)

Fish

luckyone
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
ive been there 2 times anyways i loved the phamton manor ( HM ) its awesome its pretty scary compared to the USA versions also the alice maze its so cool and they have pretty cool things :) enjoy

Acoustic
05-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I've been to DLP once, if you head over there be sure to check out skull rock and alice's maze, they are really cool! And if you go to Paris be shure to visit the Arc de Triomphe, theres some crazy driving!

Deb
05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
DLP is fun, but I think it is not worth taking more than one day out of your time in Paris for. Paris is so incredible and DLP is quite a bit smaller than WDW or DLR.

You don't mention if the Paris trip is with or without little kids. I've never been to Paris with little ones, so I can't give advice there.

I absolutely LOVE Notre Dame. It is incredibly beautiful, both inside and out. See the outside at night for an incredible view. I think it is moving to walk around Paris, esp the Ile de Cite (where Norte Dame is) and see all the plaques where ppl fell in the battle for Paris in Aug 1944. Ile de St. Louis is right next to Ile de Cite, and is fun to walk around.

The Louvre is a must, even if all you see is the Mona Lisa. It never struck me as anything special until I saw it in person. We went up the Eiffle Tower at night and the view was spectacular.

I think walking along the Champs d'Elysse is fun too. Lots of very expensive shops, but lots of moderate ones too. Avoid the McDonald's and eat at one of the outside restaurants. Many of them are reasonably priced.

The Latin Quarter on the Left Bank is really neat. There is an English Language used bookstore that my family and I spent a lot of time in last time we were there in June 2006. It is run by a Canadian who lives in Paris. Wish I could remember the name. But, it was right around the corner from a Gelato shop, so we stopped by often. The shopping in the Latin Quarter is good too.

There are lots other of museums besides the Lourve in Paris too. There is also Versallies, which my family and I didn't think was worth the effort to get to. We wished we had gone to Giverny instead. We went on our own, but maybe if we had taken a guided tour we would have liked it better.

There is so much to do and see in Paris. What you will enjoy will of course depend on what you like. Buy a good guidebook. I personnally like Frommers.

Have a good time. Enjoy the food, it is everything it is cracked up to be.