View Full Version : My Wish

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 03:46 AM
I totally wish I could go to DisneyWorld. My family is very lazy and we NEVER do anything fun as a family. I really wantto go on a trip!! And if I every went anywhere I would go to DisneyWorld. That is my dream vacation (besides Hawaii (sp?).

I see that allot of people are going to Disneyworld this summer. If it is not any inconvinience (sp?) maybe you could tell me about the attractions, post some pictures... let me know what it s like to go to DisneyWorld. Oh and not to metion tell me about the VMK Park Quests!! Is it like Dinseyland? Is it BIGGER than Dinseyland? Is it COOLER than Disneyland? (I've been to Disneyland and itwas pretty awesome!!)

Rogie
07-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Disneyland is dwarfed by the size of Disney World in Orlando. Whereas DL takes up a city block in anaheim, WDW is spread out over some ungodly amount of land. So the magic kingdom itself is more spread out.

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Disneyland is dwarfed by the size of Disney World in Orlando. Whereas DL takes up a city block in anaheim, WDW is spread out over some ungodly amount of land. So the magic kingdom itself is more spread out.
I will try to ask my dad if we can go to DW (disneyworld) but he will most likely say "NO!!" mostly becasue we live on the other side of the country and to buy plane tickets for 5 and rent 2 hotel rooms, and not to metion eating out would cost a fortune these days. Especially since my family is not rich, but we ain't poor either.

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 04:07 AM
I will try to ask my dad if we can go to DW (disneyworld) but he will most likely say "NO!!" mostly becasue we live on the other side of the country and to buy plane tickets for 5 and rent 2 hotel rooms, and not to metion eating out would cost a fortune these days. Especially since my family is not rich, but we ain't poor either.
Im going to WDW in late november so it will be halloween ill let everyone know what its like at that time. scarry girl I live in the other side of the country too so my parents said that if I really want to go I will go with my dad only (we are the biggest fans in my fam.) ill let you guys know what mickeys not so scarry party is like. :CastMem:

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 04:13 AM
Im going to WDW in late november so it will be halloween ill let everyone know what its like at that time. scarry girl I live in the other side of the country too so my parents said that if I really want to go I will go with my dad only (we are the biggest fans in my fam.) ill let you guys know what mickeys not so scarry party is like. :CastMem:
Well my dad would say no anyway. I just know he would *sighs*. I think he'd actually be suprised that I asked becasue it is so outrages. But one htis if w dd go... I've never flown on a plane before. I think I'd be scared.

Rogie
07-01-2005, 04:14 AM
I've also got a slew of pictures on my computer from the Florida parks, so if there's anything specific you'd like to see, I can see what I can dust off in the archives. Although something tells me the folks on here might have a few snapshots of their own lying around....

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 04:19 AM
I've also got a slew of pictures on my computer from the Florida parks, so if there's anything specific you'd like to see, I can see what I can dust off in the archives. Although something tells me the folks on here might have a few snapshots of their own lying around....
I gave ALL of them to my grandma. lol

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Well i just want to see attractions, maybe shows or just about anything good.

Well I have an idea. Instead of asking "Dad, can we go to Walt DisneyWorld?" I can make it sound better and less direct by asking "Dad, do you think it's possible for us to ever go to DisneyWorld?" (it may sound a little weird and I KNOW I will make it sound even weirder when I actually talk to my dad about it.) That may not be spacificly what I am going to say, but thats the feal I want. So instead of directly asking if we can go I ask if we'll ever get to go in the years to come. Clever? Or not clever? If it is, it will only be a matter of time he will consider a family trip to WDW :mixed-smi ... Mwahahahahahaha!!!

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 04:25 AM
try to perswade . if hes lazy say dad they have resorts with great beds and they hav anykind of food in epcot.

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 04:28 AM
try to perswade . if hes lazy say dad they have resorts with great beds and they hav anykind of food in epcot.
The "good beds" might work, but the food one won't lol. He's been really parenoid about what he eats lately. Maybe if the hotel has an inside pool and a spay or a hot tub, maybe he'd consider... But I still have the money issue. He'll probalby say we don't have enough money.

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 04:32 AM

Oh that is where you are wrong! My favortie place to eat at the MK costs how much? well..i don't know but it is good and cheap :) It is the noodlestand in T-land! :)

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 04:33 AM

The pop century resort is a favorite of mine and one of the cheapest at DW..let your folks take a gander at that!

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Well my dad would say no anyway. I just know he would *sighs*. I think he'd actually be suprised that I asked becasue it is so outrages. But one htis if w dd go... I've never flown on a plane before. I think I'd be scared.

Planes are safer then cars, if that makes you feel any better:)

Also, i am sorry everyone for posting several posts in a row...but i am reading and posting at the same time lol.

Epcot also has great, cheap food (and even better expensive food lol) One of the things i do now when i go to Epcot is "snack around the world" Just get small snacks at all 11 countries around the ''world'' and you are full once you've had nachos,fish 'n chips(great),and other great food :)

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
they have special spa treatments in the top hotels

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Oh that is where you are wrong! My favortie place to eat at the MK costs how much? well..i don't know but it is good and cheap :) It is the noodlestand in T-land! :)
Mmmm noodles...

Well maybe you guys and gals can give me some tips on places to eat and stay, and maybe I can impress pops with how much I know. Maybe you can give me some price ranges...

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Mmmm noodles...

Well maybe you guys and gals can give me some tips on places to eat and stay, and maybe I can impress pops with how much I know. Maybe you can give me some price ranges...

Give me an hour...if it means that you might be able to go to Disney world then i am here to help! lol :) you just have to take me with you j/k lol ;) ok before i do anything i want to know what interests your family the most (like TV,Sports,Movies,Music...etc...) I also want to know what park you think would be your favorite. ((My mom is going to be a travel agent specializing in Disney..I take after her lol))

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 04:51 AM
ok here is the site What i did was get the vacation dvd and booklet first besides theyr free. so here are all the resorts and you choose the prize and it will help you find the hotel closest to that price. the valeu are very good and very cheao just click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortOverview?id=ResortOverviewPage)

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 04:53 AM
Give me an hour...if it means that you might be able to go to Disney world then i am here to help! lol :) you just have to take me with you j/k lol ;) ok before i do anything i want to know what interests your family the most (like TV,Sports,Movies,Music...etc...) I also want to know what park you think would be your favorite. ((My mom is going to be a travel agent specializing in Disney..I take after her lol))
Well I don't really know anything about Disneyworld so I donj't know what I can tell you about my family's favorites. My family isn't really into Disney (well I am) or sports (aain I am, I must be the odd ball of the family). I really want to check out the VMK atractions or any Toontown attractions. Maybe if they have any music attractions...idk.

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Well I don't really know anything about Disneyworld so I donj't know what I can tell you about my family's favorites. My family isn't really into Disney (well I am) or sports (aain I am, I must be the odd ball of the family). I really want to check out the VMK atractions or any Toontown attractions. Maybe if they have any music attractions...idk.

Ok..give me an hour or two and i will have information on resorts and resturaunts and stuff with price ranges :)

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Ok..give me an hour or two and i will have information on resorts and resturaunts and stuff with price ranges :)
Okey thanks!!

BTW!! I have an excuse to go to WDW! Well a family that we know is moving to Florida, and I think it is the same town as WDW. They said at their good bye party for everyone to come visit. Well I can say I want to go and visit them AND go to WDW. They are a very sweet family and I would not mind visiting them after they move. Plus if they do live in the same area as WDW... we can stay at their place instead of a hotel. Their house has a couple guest bedrooms (I think).

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 05:13 AM
heres a link to wdw valeu resort selections they are great hotels and the cheapest take a look click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortCatListing?id=ValueResortListingPage)

jedimaster
07-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Okey thanks!!

BTW!! I have an excuse to go to WDW! Well a family that we know is moving to Florida, and I think it is the same town as WDW. They said at their good bye party for everyone to come visit. Well I can say I want to go and visit them AND go to WDW. They are a very sweet family and I would not mind visiting them after they move. Plus if they do live in the same area as WDW... we can stay at their place instead of a hotel. Their house has a couple guest bedrooms (I think).
cool but make a plan so it dosnt look like you are trying so after if they say no you can aproach them with how much money you can save and have the xtream vacation

Taryn
07-01-2005, 05:21 AM
He'll probalby say we don't have enough money.

The last time I went to Disney World, my family had to MAJORLY budget, and we still had a wonderful time! The Value resorts are pretty inexpensive, and comfortable. The Off-site hotels are even cheaper, and some may be even MORE comfortable. Also, bring a cooler, and then go to a grocery store to get stuff for Breakfasts and sandwiches. Eat out for lunch, and eat leftovers and sandwiches for dinner. This will cut food costs in half, at least! If you go to www.mousesavers.com they have a BILLION more tips on how to have a cheaper Disney Vacation. Hope this helps convince your dad :D

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 05:24 AM
I am basing all of the hotels on triple bed. Take away or add up to one bed and add or subtract around 12 dollars accordingly

3 Star Disney hotels. These are the cheapest hotels ONSITE..there are cheaper ones OFFSITE but it is a pain-in-the-neck to travel from the hotels to WDW if you are OFFSITE :)

All Star Movies resort, All Star Sports,and All Star Music Resort(s)

between $123-172 per night. depending on what time of year :)

Features:

1. Larger than life icons from Music, Disney Movies, and Sports
2. Two heated pools (at each resort)
3. FREE transportation to all areas of the Walt Disney World Resort

Disney's Pop century Resort

Between $123-172 per night depending on what time of year

Features:

1. VERY large toys,icons, pictures, among other things of things from the 70's, 80's and 90's (depending on which room you get you will get things from that period)
2.Two heated pools, kiddie pool, 'Food court Style Dining'
3.FREE transportation to all areas of the Walt Disney World Resort
4. also if you have a little one in the family-tell them to bring some stuffed animals and leave them out in the hotel...If "Mousekeeping has been in your room they put the animals in a cute decorative arrangement in your window to welcome you when you come 'home'

Disney's Carribean Beach Resort

Between $203-273 per night depending on year

Features:
1. Largest amount of rooms in any WDW resort
2. Six beautiful 'island villages'
3. SEVEN heated pools
4. Marina
5. Waterfalls (and a waterslide...probably not big, but they have good slides at their resorts) ;)
6. Free transportation to all areas of the Walt Disney World Resort.
7. stocked with an aviary of colorful tropical birds.

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Okey thanks!!

WOOT! That is really great i hope it works ^-^ hehehe...i would feel no guilt exploiting a family moving near disney world lol

it seems like alot of people beat me to posting hotels but i posted them anyways lol i will have resturaunts (some in detail) a little later, but right now i have to sleep lol :beret:

Taryn
07-01-2005, 05:31 AM
i would feel no guilt exploiting a family moving near disney world lol

I have an Uncle who works for Disney World...He rocks, but I still feel no guilt exploiting him :D

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 06:03 AM
I have an Uncle who works for Disney World...He rocks, but I still feel no guilt exploiting him :D

lol...your uncle and i need to be bestest friends...:beret:

Taryn
07-01-2005, 06:05 AM
lol...your uncle and i need to be bestest friends...:beret:

No way! He's *MY* free ticket to Disney World! Get your own Uncle!

Scarry Girl
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
OMG thanks guys!! Those are really good tips!! I'd better copy them and save them in wordpad ;)

sonofshine
07-01-2005, 05:57 PM
No way! He's *MY* free ticket to Disney World! Get your own Uncle!

lol :beret:

shiregirl
07-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Scarry Girl, something else to think about. Maybe your dad would take your idea more seriously if you went about it this way: Tell him that you understand how expensive it is. Offer to help: maybe you could save a percentage of your allowance (if you have one) each week and put it in a family WDW Fund Jar. Everyone from the family could contribute to it by adding loose change and a small amount weekly. You could use this money to help pay for food or souvenears while there. If your dad sees that everyone is willing to chip in for the vacation, he may see more value in the idea.

Also, WDW tends to have discounted room rates (if you don't stay with the family you know who lives there) during off-peak seasons: Such as late September, October, February and March. And, as an added bonus, the parks are much less crowded around those times so you'll be waiting in fewer lines!

I stayed in the Port D'Orleans resort while I was there: it was in the middle of the hotel price range, and it was a very pretty little place to stay. The coolest part about it was hopping on a ferry boat that took us down the river to Downtown Disney. The pool there is also really fun: it has a sea-monster slide for kids. (And for fake-kids, like me! :D)

Scarry Girl
07-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Scarry Girl, something else to think about. Maybe your dad would take your idea more seriously if you went about it this way: Tell him that you understand how expensive it is. Offer to help: maybe you could save a percentage of your allowance (if you have one) each week and put it in a family WDW Fund Jar. Everyone from the family could contribute to it by adding loose change and a small amount weekly. You could use this money to help pay for food or souvenears while there. If your dad sees that everyone is willing to chip in for the vacation, he may see more value in the idea.

Wow... now thats a good idea!! I have over 10$ in quarters I could use to starts it off!!

Krystal
07-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah like she said Im doing that for my mickey ears :)!LOLZ!

noahp89
05-26-2006, 01:00 PM
i trade to get my rare