View Full Version : Is this allowed?

EtnaGreen
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
A person in vmk is trading their club33 ticket for actual items and they said they asked the host first which I highly doubt. So does anyone know if this is allowed?

TheBird
01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't think so. And if it's for a BGR party, I would delete the person, because that's just cheap.

EtnaGreen
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I assume its for best guest because when I clicked on it, it said host phinny owned the room. I was just curious I didn't want to report them and get banned because they did nothing wrong.

fantasyphillip
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
yes i know the person did this to me :(

iImagine
01-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't know... if it wasn't allowed, then the tickets wouldn't be tradeable.

EtnaGreen
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Then how would you give them to your friends?

iImagine
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Then how would you give them to your friends?

Tickets are just one-time use magic. Some magic is tradeable and other magic isn't. Same goes for normal pins. Staff can make certain tickets tradeable and others non-tradeable, if they want to.

EtnaGreen
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I know that, but if you make it nontradeable then how will you give all your friends there tickets?

iImagine
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I know that, but if you make it nontradeable then how will you give all your friends there tickets?

Oooh like that. Well then I'm not sure. I'm guessing that it's against the rules, then. Like an unwritten rule @_@.

EtnaGreen
01-02-2008, 05:54 PM
If its an unwritten rule, then will I get banned for reporting them?

iImagine
01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
If its an unwritten rule, then will I get banned for reporting them?

You don't get banned for reporting people unless you report them like every 20 minutes and if they're not even online O_o. I wouldn't report them at this point because it happened a long while ago.

Mizz.V
01-02-2008, 06:07 PM
More like a common law I suppose.. If we are supposed to know such as like.. No wearing short shirts in VMK or something and a person does not know. Common laws, if we are not supposed to know why not do it? If we are unawear of all of the VMK rules one shall ask a Staff first. If you do not believe that the person asked then don't do the trade if its not your buisness don't get into it.

sunnyskye
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I think it is against the rules...as I was in the room when VMK Staff said the room was closed for remodeling lol. Here is a picture of the message after we got booted from another room:

This message was funny. Is it supposed to be funny? Did staff decide that would be a fun message to give out as everyone gets booted? lol

Destination
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
There's no rule about trading for the Club33 party tickets, but with some special events that you win tickets from the HOST_'s quest, you cant really trade those because they right down the names of everyone who won the ticket and if you got yours from trading she just boots you once you get there. As for trading to go to the Club33 party's, I did it once, and I didn't get booted or in trouble.

EtnaGreen
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Personally, why should the owner trade one of the tickets? He/She worked hard to win Best Guest Room and instead of inviting all her closest friends, she sells the tickets and parties with strangers.

I dont think it was the owner of the best guest room I think it was a friend of the owner of the best guest room, but I am not positive.

Jezzi
01-03-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't think it is against VMK rules/values for people to trade Club 33 tickets, but if someone (who won the opportunity to have a party there) gave a friend a ticket and then they decided to trade it off for rare.. well, they would not be a great friend. I think it is just morally wrong rather than reportable wrong.

TopazR
01-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Just this afternoon a player offered to trade me a Club 33 ticket for an item. I wasn't interested in trading the item anyhow, but no way would I trade for a Club 33 party ticket. I recently attended a Best Guest Room Club 33 party, and it was fun, but not worth the item the player wanted in return. Not to mention once the party got started the HOST_ asked the BGR winner if there was anyone there who shouldn't be there (ie: not known to the BGR winner). There was one person who was not supposed to be there - they received a nice parting gift from the party - a boot.

Flea
01-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Probably not...can you imagine if a guy traded an item for someone else's Club 33 party, and he shows up, "crashing" the party.

eaglesgirl
01-08-2008, 06:46 AM
I also believe that the ticket was given to a friend of the owner. Sometimes an owner gives 2 tickets to a friend & lets them invite someone. My guess is that the extra tickets or the friend of the owner trades for an item.

Someone came to my trade room and offered me a ticket for the blue stitch hat. They said that the ticket was really rare because the host is going to be giving out free inferno, sparrow suits, and more to everyone in the room. It took me 2 seconds to end the conversation (one to click quit on the trade & one to boot the girl). She was reported & I didn't get the usual "click ignore button" message.

DarthMelissa
01-08-2008, 07:37 AM
I think it's pretty cheap that someone would want to trade a ticket when obviously your whole list can't get invited in the first place.

Nothing wrong with trading the ticket, but I think it's really a show of how much they AREN'T your friend.

spacerightsummer
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
the whole trading idea seems sketchy at best. I would prefer going to Club 33 one of two ways. By winning the BGR Award or being invited by a friend who won Club 33 Award. Sorry but it seems trading them is kinda up there with having no common sense and a wrong view on the event as a whole. Me personally always seem to have a red flag come up when I see a room that states 'trading Club 33 tickets' or a character yelling 'trading Club 33 tickets for rare!' It may seem like I am a stick in the mud, but with all the scams going around I just can't seem to see the good in this.

TravisSch
01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Just this afternoon a player offered to trade me a Club 33 ticket for an item. I wasn't interested in trading the item anyhow, but no way would I trade for a Club 33 party ticket. I recently attended a Best Guest Room Club 33 party, and it was fun, but not worth the item the player wanted in return. Not to mention once the party got started the HOST_ asked the BGR winner if there was anyone there who shouldn't be there (ie: not known to the BGR winner). There was one person who was not supposed to be there - they received a nice parting gift from the party - a boot.

I was at that party too. I think that person who got booted managed to get back into the room minutes later and get to the quest kiosk and get his parting gift.

Anyways, in my opinion, people who get a ticket from a friend to go to a Club 33 party and then trade the ticket away are not really true friends. They just want to get items for the ticket. :(

dreamytime
01-08-2008, 01:57 PM
I was in a BGR Club33 party on Saturday night. There were 2 ppl that were not known by the party winner. Fin actually asked during the party when everyone got there, "are there any ppl here you didn't invite?" He said those 2 ppl. She asked how they got the tickets. 1 was for the earlier party, and 1 was traded for. She gave the party winner the right to kick them out or let them stay.
SOoooo.... Point is, I wouldn't trade. BC There is a good chance that you're going to get the boot if the person it is in honor of isn't as nice.

Mamacita
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
On the other side of the trade, can you imagine walking into a BGR party with the ticket you traded for and the winner saying 'who are you'? How embarrassing would that be! No way I'd want to go to a party I wasn't invited to and no way I'd keep a friend on my list who traded a ticket I gave them. It's not technically against the rules, but it's way beyond rude.
I went into the room where these were being traded and asked the person what in the world he was thinking. He not only said so what, he told the room that the ticket was for See.low's party and she gave him the ticket to trade, which I knew to be not true. When I said it wasn't true, he booted me.. big surprise there.
:) Mamacita

Epcotfans
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
i know i saw like a few people trading club33 party tickets it's like u earning tickets at epcot for disney and selling them on eBay!! un true friends i am telling my best friend sweets to only give the tickets to friend she trust..