View Full Version : Just a small question but whatever happend to the magic carpet magic pin?

Shadow Knuckles
11-02-2007, 03:46 AM
I been playing since the start and I noticed that the pin never came out O_o did they decide to not release it or something?

Caramella
11-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Well, we're not exactly sure either when the pin
is going to be released. Till then, we'll have to
wait and see. I don't think it's something you should
complain to Yavn about though. They're probably
still testing it, checking for glitches and whatnot. *wink*

mrmyth
11-02-2007, 03:50 AM
It fizzled and died from everywhere except our hopes and wishes.

AlphaKoolDude
11-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Honestly I think Yavn's tring to wipe our memories so that we don't remember anything about flying carpet magic... Everytime someone brings it up, he just asks them to "Please dont talk about that..." lol

aiko_dee
11-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Maybe Yavn wants to surprise us but we cant shut up about the magic carpet 0_0

cteddiesgirl
11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Honestly I think Yavn's tring to wipe our memories so that we don't remember anything about flying carpet magic... Everytime someone brings it up, he just asks them to "Please dont talk about that..." lol
Yeah.

Who knows what has happened to it? Only Yavn and staff knows.
Maybe they couldn't get all the bugs out of it?
Then again, maybe they decided not to release it after all.

DonaldsWishes
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Well FCM never came out but wat if it came out this month this month is kinda here princess.e

Think maybe I can be on my FCM and save the princess like pricess jasmin from aladin

gigarichard
11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
What on earth is Flying Carpet Magic?! Certianly all the magic they make would come out within a year?

According the last yavn said, they are waiting for a suitable time to release it...:rolleyes:

CookyHalie
11-02-2007, 08:32 PM
i remember it was SUPPOSED to be released on february 11.. can't remember what year tho:D

Epcotfans
11-03-2007, 04:45 PM
:CastMem:maybe they will release it when everyone quits vmk bc they can't get space magic:CastMem:

AceAlienHunter
11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Magic Carpet was once a big thing and was talked about throughout the kingdom. People constantly asked yavn questions about it and they even had it in the spell room. However, yavn seems to have dissapeared and nobody really talks about it anymore. This is the exact same thing that has happened with the gate that makes people pay you credits

flaxygirl
11-03-2007, 05:48 PM
. This is the exact same thing that has happened with the gate that makes people pay you credits

No, they are never gonig to release that, and have said so. Because of the No pay thing.

AceAlienHunter
11-03-2007, 05:54 PM
No, they are never gonig to release that, and have said so. Because of the No pay thing. Oh, I must have missed that. If they say no pay, then why are we paying to play pirates?:wave2:

flaxygirl
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh, I must have missed that. If they say no pay, then why are we paying to play pirates?:wave2:

I think they ment in players rooms ;)

Yeah once i only had 20 credits on me and i was playing with a friend and i'm like 'Oh wait i can't afford to play'

Whipstersh
11-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Nothing happened to the Magic Carpet Magic. Exactly the point.

Xiaolin
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
VMK doesn't want that discussed anymore. It was never released and there is no info leading to the release.

Rumors are that it will FINALLY be released this month, for a Fairytale/Enchanted theme.

Destination
11-03-2007, 10:12 PM
He said it wasn't gonna come out for a long time. There was bugs in the magic too so thats one of the reasons why its taking so long too

gigarichard
11-04-2007, 01:59 PM
He said it wasn't gonna come out for a long time. There was bugs in the magic too so thats one of the reasons why its taking so long too

Yavn has said there have been bugs in it since the summer of '05. If they cannot get any bugs out of something in over two years, they certainly don't know how to fix bugs in VMK, which we all know they do.

Besides, we have seen it being used, has it seemed like there is something wrong with it? No. The entire "having a bug in the magic" is a complete lie. Yes maybe at first it had bugs, but not after two years.

BaseballStarz
11-09-2007, 02:01 AM
i dont think they will ever release it :(

GoldenHeart
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
maybe they are waiting for an aladdin platnium two disc DVD to come out. ;)

TooHip
11-09-2007, 03:49 PM
For some odd reason, I keep thinking of a carrot and stick...

Peggo
11-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, waiting for Aladdin to be released does make sense.
Is there any other logical reason why the pin has not been released, since it's been around since Beta days?
I agree, if they can't fix bugs in two years they should not be working on computer programs.

NeoshoForever
11-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Magic Word: Whoosh!

Effect: Character floats on a flying carpet.

http://disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/Image:Flyingcarpet2.JPG

New magic??

Whipstersh
11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Magic Word: Whoosh!

Effect: Character floats on a flying carpet.

http://disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/Image:Flyingcarpet2.JPG

New magic??

This is a preview of the magic that yavn has provided us. The actual magic still hasn't been released to the public or any players other than staff.

maygirl7658
01-27-2008, 05:28 AM
i no i hope it comes out soon i really want to spend my tons of credits on something useful like magic

Flea
01-27-2008, 10:23 AM
FCM is a lost cause. Don't get your hopes up.

Destination
02-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Sorry if I brought up an old thread but I have some things to say about this. Recently like maybe last moonth hagn was in an event room and someone had asked about the magic and he said it going to come out soon. So maybe well see it at the end of the month maybe and he did say something about yesterdays newsletter that a magic was going to come out that is going to blow our minds. So maybe it might be flying carpet magic. And about the bugs, one of the bugs in the magic was that you were able to go over/through dividers in room. Making you able to cut lines.

Whipstersh
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Recently like maybe last moonth hagn was in an event room and someone had asked about the magic and he said it going to come out soon.

I think yavn's quote was closer to that we would receive news about the Magic Carpet Magic very soon, so keep checking the newsletter. I don't think he said anything about it coming out soon, though that very well could be what he was hinting.

MagicMonkeys
02-02-2008, 12:51 PM
:vshocked:maybe they are waiting for an aladdin platnium two disc DVD to come out. ;):vshocked:

Maybe it will be a code inside:vshocked:. OR maybe it will be in Disney Movie Rewards.:vshocked:

Here's a quote from yavn before. Yes,he actually said it.

Flying Carpet Magic allows you to fly over any tracks.

I saw it for real. I was on his Friend's List and he came to my split Everest Room. It had Everest Tracks down the middle. He used it then flew over them. Then,he sat in a HKDL chair,but couldn't fly over the back. Otherwise, you could fly over chairs.

Here's another yavn quote:

If we release it to the public like this,it will be a big advantage in the games that have a ride track to get in. Like the Dark Rides. For races between seats, they can just fly over the seats simply.

So,that's one reason they won't release it.

Stemaboat_Tyler
02-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Why do the staff have it if it will never be released?

jedibunny
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
why don't they just limit it like levitation magic?

StitchMayhem
02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
well ive been able to use the magic, but before everybody goes crazy asking how i got to use it, then the answer is the spell room in fantasyland (which is gone.) when vmk had the spell room, you could use these five magics in the spell room if you didn't own them. But only in the spell room. the following magics were. Invisibility, Teleportation, Turn into Bat, Inferno, and Flying Carpet. and i went in there one day and tried out flying carpet. then in 2007 they replaced the spell room with the fantasyland courtyard. (i still like the spell room a lot more then fantasyland courtyard.)

HaveAMagicalDay
02-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Maybe Yavn wants to surprise us but we cant shut up about the magic carpet 0_0If he didn't show it off, we wouldn't have known about it.

My opinion is that they shouldn't show us stuff, if they won't give it out soon.

~HAMD

Vivi
03-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I believe that its true Yavn shouldnt have shone it to us! Now the whole VMK World wants it... but i think its a lost cause until they anounce it in the newsletter whoo... :(

smm914
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
it's coming!!!!!

sunnyskye
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't think people want it because it is cool. I think people just like the fact that it is something they don't have, and of couse when you see something that is unreleased it's human nature to want it. I think that if it would come out, it would be cool for a while, then everyone would get bored of it. That is what happened to every other magic pin. Remember when Bat Magic first came out? Everyone went nuts, then the excitement died off. Same with Confetti, Levitation, Shark, oh yeah, and Inferno.

smm914
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
well i actually do want it because i think it will be cool. i have been waiting for it for years! i skipped a lot of the magic that has come out like levitation and the stitch magic. but i think it'll be great to just cruise around on a magic carpet.

missfab123
04-03-2008, 12:46 AM
i really think they should be putting it out this april because it is toon month and ill go mad if they make a long quest for it

Marry The Night
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
FLYING Carpet Magic might be released this month. PirateVinnie and TikiT said that soon after Lightning Magic is released (which it has been) then Flying Carpet Magic will be released. It could be the unreleased Magic Yavn mentioned in the newsletter.

~Guy