View Full Version : Anything Today?

mrmyth
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
So far no sightings of any new items/quest/or Halloween 07 pin.
It seems they have gone away from putting dates on pins like the last birthday pin.
I'm a bit disappointed since wanted a holiday reminder pin but the rest of the month went better than I had hoped with releases.

JeanPierre
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
So far no sightings of any new items/quest/or Halloween 07 pin.
It seems they have gone away from putting dates on pins like the last birthday pin.
I'm a bit disappointed since wanted a holiday reminder pin but the rest of the month went better than I had hoped with releases.

Something new to celebrate Halloween '07 would have been nice. It seems last Halloween we hade more new releases and they stayed around for most of the month. This Halloween has been underwhelming to say the least. Such is the quality of VMK these days. Guess we shouldn't get our hopes too high for Christmas, huh? :38::sad::cry:

sunday_monkey
10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
I was hoping for a special pin today too, just because I love collecting pins and we have one for St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day and Independence day this year - I was hoping there would be a whole holiday set for '07.

I did enjoy this month a lot though, I thought they did a great job with the new items they released. :grin:

Jeena
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I am a little surprised that nothing has been released today, since it is halloween tonight, but then again, as others have pointed out, there are alot of things already released, which I'm happy with.

Jeena
xxXxx

Schmoofy
10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
For all of the new "Disney-themed" items that came out this Halloween, none were dated. Last year we received that nifty 06 pin to remember Halloween. I was almost positive that they would do a pin sort of like that for this year. Obviously, I was wrong. Sure, this year will be remembered (especially in the wiki (http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/) ;)), but it'd be nice to have a pin to show off next year.

DarthMelissa
10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I felt disappointment this year from the lack of items. Granted, there were a few new items, but a good portion are from prior years.

I thought the best thing by far is the candy corn chairs.

Overall though, FAR better than Dreams Month.

NASAMan
10-31-2007, 06:12 PM
I for one am a pin collector. I don't make rooms or buy furniture or clothing (although I do like hats - an Indiana Jones one would be nice!) but I look for and trade for pins. While one year does not a tradition make, the 'Halloween '06' pin did set a precedent that I would have liked to see continue. I don't expect anything but what already is, and everything that happens is a surprising and magical experience.

mrmyth
10-31-2007, 06:26 PM
In years past, regardless of whatever new and re-released items there were, there was a special something to mark the holiday(usually a pin), and you could keep/wear it as a reminder of holidays you were able to get on to VMK.
With family and events that go on over holidays I counted it as an accomplishment to get onto VMK just to greet friends and get my memento.
Just something on VMK that I had looked forward to is all.

Stunt
10-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I wish a pin was also released. Just a little something either for sale or via a quest but something for Halloween 07.

Caterpillar AEIOU
10-31-2007, 07:18 PM
I really thought that there was going to be SOMETHING today.
I was hoping for a one day special.

A dated pin would have been the most practical. Oh Well.:hrolleyes:

Xiaolin
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
No need to be surprised, Phinny announced, this weekend, that nothing new will be out. Instead of moaning of this, we should be ready for this Friday's new theme!

VMK gave lots of items this year, I see why they reasoned to not release a pin today.

DonaldsWishes
10-31-2007, 07:29 PM
I am mad that nothing new came out being this is my

1 year Aniversery!

VMK i thought Halloween day would havea lot of costumes or Wat ever

Caterpillar AEIOU
10-31-2007, 07:37 PM
No need to be surprised, Phinny announced, this weekend, that nothing new will be out. Instead of moaning of this, we should be ready for this Friday's new theme!

VMK gave lots of items this year, I see why they reasoned to not release a pin today.

Thanks,

I must have missed the annoucement. What is in the newsletter? or the game?

Now I don't have to sit glued to the computer all day, just incase they do a late release.

Xiaolin
10-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I asked her, and she told me.

BaldEagleBob
10-31-2007, 07:55 PM
I thought when the Vampire/Witch things came out, and we were getting re-release of Halloween Furnishings, that the month would rock! But then, it sort of petered out. No more new costumes. No way to buy Spooky Trees or bubbling cauldrons, no way to get candy cauldrons... The maze event prizes (except ghosts)were extremely lame. And only one quest to get a very ugly Leota pin!

The things I did love were: A prize for Mansion wins, White Ghosts!, Bat Magic, Bat Hat, Pumpkin Hat...

All in all, a big improvement over Dreams Month (ugh!). But VMK is nowhere near as good as it used to be!

AdventurersClub
10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
I would have hoped they follow the pattern they started with the Football, heart, clover, flag, with the VMK logo inside the shape. I assumed that was a set that was going to run through the year..

Guess not, either way it nice what they released, but in all fairness how hard is it to make another pin just for today? Leota should have been the host pin and the 2007 Halloween pin should have been the quest pin.

sunnyskye
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I wish there was some sort of pin, I guess we aren't that lucky.

virtualmagicguy
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Just wait until tomorrow for the new stuff tomorrow when yavn newsletter - cough maybe - tell us all

irishhockey
10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
With what was offered last year in regards to an '06 pin, not to mention the dated 4th of July pin, many of us have the right to be disapointed. In the past, VMK has marked most of the major holidays with a special pin only available on that day whether or not it was dated.

I didn't purchase a single item offered this month and I too was underwhelemed at the lack of creativity many of these items had. VMK seems to be following a trend that's been going on in the Disney Parks these past years: Take an orginal item with great success and duplicate it with a new theme/color (look at the crates and pumkin ears)

mickey0794
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
1 word.
depressing :(

Whipstersh
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
I was hoping for perhaps one or two things. Didn't have to be big, just wanted something.

Mooshu
10-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Eh.
this year halloween stinks in VMK :l

Destination
11-01-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm disapointed that VMK didn't released anything on Halloween.

TravisSch
11-01-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm kind of disappointed VMK didn't release anything new today either, but hey, that means more credits for next month! ;)

vJosh
11-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I would have hoped they follow the pattern they started with the Football, heart, clover, flag, with the VMK logo inside the shape. I assumed that was a set that was going to run through the year..

Guess not, either way it nice what they released, but in all fairness how hard is it to make another pin just for today? Leota should have been the host pin and the 2007 Halloween pin should have been the quest pin.

so did i, i even had those pins on for a wile this month.

staticbill
11-01-2007, 01:24 AM
I wasn't really looking for a pin, but I would've liked one. It would have been a great prize for the maze event they had, instead of 1* single use bat magic.:hrolleyes: This month was not great, but wasn't horrible. Hoping next month will be better.

Thark
11-01-2007, 01:27 AM
I wasn't really looking for a pin, but I would've liked one. It would have been a great prize for the maze event they had, instead of 1* single use bat magic.:hrolleyes: This month was not great, but wasn't horrible. Hoping next month will be better.

The first day of the maze event was the 1* single use Turn into Bat Magic. The second day of the maze event, the prize was the Halloween White Mickey Ghost. The last day of the maze event, the prize was a Black Crate. I agree, it would have been a great idea to put the pin in the maze event, but a maze event on Halloween day.

I was actually looking forward to an '07 Halloween pin. The '## pins are great collectors items.

VMKChrisssy
11-01-2007, 01:49 AM
=/ I was really in the mood to buy a pin LOL

Happy Halloween anyways,
XxChrisssy

Ali-Rae
11-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I thought at least we were getting a pin or something you know when you log in ;)
but it's all good. i still love vmk no matter how crazy they get at times :P

gabyta
11-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Now I know that I didn't miss anything..
I couldn't log in earlier today to check what was going on.

GoofyLuke
11-01-2007, 05:02 AM
what a depressing Halloween month.

mrmyth
11-01-2007, 05:04 AM
This was not to say - we are mad we did not get something
Vmk has done a great job with new items and old stuff lately.
A pin today would of been great.
There is always next month,(by the way I still have several Thanksgiving 06 pins available - LOL)
Ok just a bit of sarcasm.

dragnfly-princess
11-01-2007, 05:07 AM
I for one have to admit that I am disappointed too :sad:
I have been wearing my 06 pin and my quest pin from last year hoping to add this year to my Halloween set. I admit that I checked in on and off through the day just in case I missed something. Glad to see that I am not alone :cry:
Happy Halloween VMK:hrolleyes:

gabyta
11-01-2007, 05:08 AM
it's not that bad.. we've gotten 2 great hats (plus the girls's witch hat) and vampire/witch's costumes.
The ghosts, orange crates...
I like what we got.

victoriag
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
blue cinderella is gone now! so i guess it is the newest of rare items lol

Crazy.Maddie
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes! Blue Princess is gone finnaly! Its been there since July! ♥