View Full Version : I just found something...

TheMagicWithin
10-26-2007, 01:01 AM
From The Newsletter

Have you tried logging into VMK after a few months only to find your VMK account has been deleted?

Because of the size of our community we have to delete accounts that are inactive for more than 6 months to make room for new players - so if you haven't played in a while, be sure to log in every now and then (even if just for a few minutes) and keep your account active!

The bolded stuff doesn't make sense... a few months isn't 6 months...

iRaccoon
10-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Your Right... Hmmm... i bet their deleting random players every 3 months...

Destination
10-26-2007, 01:20 AM
I would agree too. But what is the point of a 10 year ban? They should just say we are deleting your account buh bye! lol

Jezzi
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
This was posted when it first came out. Don't know the exact date but we have probably known for the past 4 months now. They also seem to be deleting characters before the 6 months are up, so to be safe log in at least once a month.

Whipstersh
10-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Few can mean three or more by its definition.

Few- three or more
Couple- two
Once- one

I would agree too. But what is the point of a 10 year ban? They should just say we are deleting your account buh bye! lol

There are two main reasons for this. The first is that if the ban is revoked (taken away), then you still have your account. If they deleted it, even if they realized they had made a mistake, it would still be lost. The second is used so that you cannot create/use another account on your IP for ten years, even after your character is deleted.