View Full Version : Act of Random Kindness

sunnyskye
10-06-2007, 11:07 PM
I was with my friend in Town Square when she gave away a Bat Hat to a lucky VMK player. The girl was so happy, and it was fun to watch. I was thinking that it would be awesome if everyone did the same, to make someone else happy. So what will happen is I will give away something, then someone else here will give something and so on. It will start a big chain of people giving items to others :) Please don't post and say "Dreams Month is over, the hosts already did that!" This isn't making dreams come true, its just about making people happy. Also, try to choose people you don't know. Here is what it will look like:

Item Given: Mickey Floating Ghost
Where: Castle Forecourt
To Whom: AwsomeBlake (Tried giving it to a different person, she declined)
Picture: (Optional) Don't have a pic.

I will start. I am going to go give something away right now.

flaxygirl
10-06-2007, 11:12 PM
( I thought of making an account like this :) But i realized i would run out of items to give lol )

sunnyskye
10-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Lol well everyone is participating, so you only have to give out one item :)

adisonfire
10-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I was your friend who gave something away in Town Square. I have always done this at random. I love seeing people happy. Items cost credits, friendships are priceless.
Item Given: Bat Hat
Where at: Town Square
To Whom: Random Person (Balee)
Pic: Not available

She was so happy and thankful. It made my day as well to see her happy.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/vmkadisprincess/disinfernos-1.jpg

sunnyskye
10-06-2007, 11:28 PM
I gave away another Mickey Ghost to FancyCleverStone, she was really appreciative :) Now I have another friend. You may have seen her, Dis.

bluepopstar
10-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Item Given: Witch Hat
Where: Her room
To Whom: Guest6465191
Right now I'm helping her get credits and helping her use the icons at the bottom of the screen. I'm giving her tips and everything, it's so fun!

greenpixiegirl
10-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I did this during Dreams Month when I got bored waiting for a Host. I had extra girls clothes that I didn't want, and it was really fun to see people's reactions. Some were really grateful, some were like yeah whatever, some refused my trade request, and even some exited trade when I was trying to give them an item. Maybe my Psychology teacher would like a paper on youth reactions to random gifts.... ;)

sunnyskye
10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
That's cool :) Great work everyone, so far most of the people are happy!

coolJamz
10-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Hehe this made me feel so good :-)

Person: mangagirl
Where: Mission: collect Candy (quest) (my room)
When: 5 minutes ago
Picture:

:DDD

flaxygirl
10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Items Given: Alive Hedge, Ariel Treasure Chest ( pink ) , Water cooler, and Alice rug

Where: Mad Hatter's Tea Party

To Whom: Guest6465695

I made a new friend :) She said she just joined VMK.

mickey0794
10-07-2007, 01:02 AM
- sad -
Items Given: animation viewer, mickey ear pumpkin, 2 pirate map tables, 1 bat bag
Where: Central Plaza
To Who??: SierraAngel
Response: ok.. thanks i guess @_@

:( i feel unloved! :(

Picture:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb194/mickey0794/freetonewbie.jpg

Pinkdust
10-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Just thought I'd pop by this thread and say thanks for this awesome idea, you guys are so great :) Next time I log in I'll have to do this. I know that when I was a guest, I was so appreciative to my first friend for helping me out so much. It really makes me day to see that finally, for once nobody is bashing down this idea and saying "This is why all the guests beg me for free stuff!" Maybe that's true, but really... one can't put a price on virtual happiness. ;) Keep up the great work!!

thedogboy
10-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Item Given: 2 Explorers Lanterns, Pink Treasure Chest Rope, The Red Rug (Cannot Spell It :l), Red and Blue PhilarMagic Chairs
Where: VMK Esplanade
To Whom: Guest6467110
Picture: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8320/giveawaynw9.jpg

Item Given: Pink Treasure Chest, Red Madam Leota Table, 2 Explorer Lanterns, Green Madam Leota Table, Rope, And Yellow Heartless Hamper
Where: VMK Esplanade
To Whom: skateerdude
Picture: http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6161/giveaway2vc6.jpg

MLKnCookies
10-07-2007, 02:10 AM
- sad -
Items Given: animation viewer, mickey ear pumpkin, 2 pirate map tables, 1 bat bag

Picture:

aww i would be mad if someone was like yea whatever. I would be so grateful to get items like those randomly.

Wishboneboy
10-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I gave a random person cowboy pants and boots. Another a Pirate hat.

adisonfire
10-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Yay to everyone who made a vmk player happy tonight. Most people are thankful. Just not everyone is as dramatic as some people. Some might be so shocked that they are speechless. :) Nice job everyone and keep giving from your heart.

eaglesgirl
10-07-2007, 05:56 AM
- sad -

Picture:

OMG, if someone was that ungrateful, I would have backed out of the trade and given it to the person standing next to them. I can't stand how rude some people can be. What you did was an awesome thing & I'm sorry you received the response you did!

Yay to everyone who made a vmk player happy tonight. Most people are thankful. Just not everyone is as dramatic as some people. Some might be so shocked that they are speechless. :) Nice job everyone and keep giving from your heart.

You also gave hats to Jones...who promptly weighs down my player with all the hats, so thank you, we appreciate it.

Does it count that Jones & I have a room set up specifically to give away pirate hats? I couldn't tell you titles of players, but we've given away hundreds of them.

Many have come from others in VMK & we are grateful to everyone who donates. Others, I've traded for with pins & we've gotten lots that way too. After a session of giving the hats away, we're both feeling better about ourselves.

So many of the players in there are sincerely ecstatic to receive the hat & sometimes we give out random items from our inventories as well. When we get the few who complain..."is this all?" or "do you have something different?" We figure, they must not need it & someone else will definitely appreciate it more.

Blossomflower
10-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Omg, last time during dreams month, some random CL came up to me and said "Congrats flower you win! trade for your prize!" he gave me a christmas tree...
and he left saying: "Well i'm gonna go grant more dreams!"

LOL... i guess he was doing something like this..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- sad -

Picture:

OMG!! and that's an ANIMATION VIEWER
evil girl!

adisonfire
10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
You also gave hats to Jones...who promptly weighs down my player with all the hats, so thank you, we appreciate it.

I was glad to help you and jones. I love playing pirates and I do get so many hats so it was my pleasure to donate the hats. I will help out some more also. :) -dis-

GoofyGal1213
10-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh,Thats so nice!I'll have to try it!It's different when people dont ask for free you know because its we give because we want to not because we were asked and its a great way to make friends!If you help a guest if you ever got help when you were a guest [ i know i did lol] think about how you felt.

izzie
10-07-2007, 01:46 PM
we should also incorporate helping a guest into this thing we got going on :) when i get on i'm gonna help a guest :)

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Wow I'm happy to see so many responses! Keep it up everyone! :)

adisonfire
10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I was in the pirate lobby this morning and someone new to VMK was asking me questions. She was so sweet. I welcomed her to VMK with gifts. She was so happy.

Gifts Given: HSM Piano, Green Flip Hat, Bat Hat
Where At: Pirate Lobby
To Whom: CosmicPrinceGirl
Response: Very Thankful. :)
~dis~http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/vmkadisprincess/gift.jpg

GoofyGal1213
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
It feels really good when you give/or help a guest or someone new to VMK.

Gifts Given-A water cooler,a pirate maze wall and a 2005 Disney land poster.
Where in VMK-Central Plaza
To-IceSnowMask
Response-Very happy and thankful

Sorry no picture.

flaxygirl
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Gifts Given: Clothes
To Whom: SuperLola
Where: VMK Esplande

No picture :) She said she didn't have many clothes so i gave her some, she waned to give me a shirt I told her it was free but she gave me one anyways :)

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Woot I'm going to go give something away right now.

rocknraider
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I helped some random guest out in her room
She was very nice and i made a new friend :)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7259/kindoz3.jpg

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Item given: Flip Hat and Mickey Ghost
To Whom: call_me_queen
Where: Town Square
Quick Story: I asked what her favorite Halloween item was, said mine was the Mickey Ghost, and she said she loved them too! I asked her if she had one, she said I wish, so I gave her one :) Then she asked if I had a Flip Hat, she said she would give rare for it. I told her they were buy able in the Hats section, but she said she was too lazy to get credits to buy it. So I bought her one and gave it to her.

Mooshu
10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Item given: Hina Tiki Pin
To whom: Guest-.. something
Where: Esplanade
Response: Happy and thankfu
no picture, sorry i don't have vmk pal
But it feels good to give stuff from the heart ::]

TravisSch
10-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Item Given: Witch Hat from last year
To Whom: Ace.. someone (it was a girl and she asked where I got the witch hat from because I was wearing it. I said it was on sale last year.)
Where: Street Party Music Game Lobby
Response: ty :) (I said "Here's a treat, Happy Halloween" before that ;))
No picture, sorry.
Quick Story: As I said, I was in the Music Game Lobby getting my daily credits. A girl named Ace something or another (There are so many people named Ace in the game @_@) asked where I got the witch hat from. I said it was on sale last year during Halloween. She said Ah! Then I opened up a trade and put in one of the extra witch hats I had in my inventory and said "Here's a treat, Happy Halloween!" She said, "ty very much". She asked if we could be friends, but I politely said my friends list is full. She said "ok, see you around" and I went on to get my credits. :)

By the way, if you are wondering what witch hat I'm talking about, it was this hat:

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/images/2/2d/Witchhat.jpg

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I also gave that same girl a room makeover, I'm waiting for her to come by to see the finished room :) I hope she likes it!

Edit- She loves it! Yay!

groovysqirrel
10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Woot I Just Gave A Girl Some Stuff! Great Thread, You Caught Me In A Good Mood! It Was Guest6472398's Room, But She Left Before I Could Watch Her Use The Furnish :(

Ali-Rae
10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I gave someone once a red vest-less cowboy shirt. after that, people were like omg i want one! >_< but the girl was happy.

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah this is a pretty unique thread, lol. I'm glad a lot of people are doing this!

It's funny when people say "Omg you are so cool!" It makes you feel really good.

flaxygirl
10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm very glad people are doing this. Who knows? Maybe the people are kind to will be kind to others and so on. ( Its a never ending chain! :o )

Dragonslayer42
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
This is a very good idea! Lets all try to pitch in!

New Avi :) heh

rocknraider
10-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I also gave that same girl a room makeover, I'm waiting for her to come by to see the finished room :) I hope she likes it!

Edit- She loves it! Yay!

How did u give a room makeover?

flaxygirl
10-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Item Given: Pink Ariel Treasure Chest.
To Whom: BlondeAceTurtle
Where: Ghostly.Garden.Party

He said ty so much! I had just finished showing him all the free credit.

sunnyskye
10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
How did u give a room makeover?

I asked her to put down some items and make them moveable. She told me what she wanted (a hotel) and it ended up looking like a hotel restaurant, but she loved it!

Whipstersh
10-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Great idea :D

I don't think I will be able to get around to it tonight, but I will try to get on tomorrow and do it.

rocknraider
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I asked her to put down some items and make them moveable. She told me what she wanted (a hotel) and it ended up looking like a hotel restaurant, but she loved it!

Awesome
Sounds great :)

PancakesWithSyrup
10-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I gave away a VMK 2nd Birthday Pin to SnowSaavyTomato.
She was all tyvm and happy and ru sure? and TY:)!
:D
Pix:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/pigsrockoutloud/forhteprettykindnessthread.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/pigsrockoutloud/forkindneddpix.jpg

Now that I see how grateful she was I feel really good. :D
Im gonna go get a few hundred Terabithia Treehouses, and play some potc, and give out Pirate hats, Treehouses, and some buyable things. :) B/c of all the things Im doing, I dont have anything really rare to give away, but Ill give away the little I can atm. :)

Its so weird when I try to trade someone, and tell them Im giving them free stuff b/c they dont answer, and then they decline the trade request. :Pm

FlyingCinder
10-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Gifts Given: Dream Ears
Where At: No.. (My Room I got so tired of ppl coming in and asking for rare)
To Whom: Inavderzim(Invaderzim on VMKF)
Response: Very Thankful.
Story: I traded dream ears for sparrow top! Muahaha. Then chocolate_Minnie offered bird, musketeer, dream ears, and 1* bat magic. I just gave him dream ears He was so happy! Him: When do I return? Me: Never! Muahaha! - me and he accept - Him: Omg I Glove You!! Me: @_@ Your Welcome

:11:

izzie
10-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I went to a randoms guest room gave her a few free things and she was very thankful. :) She used them in her new room and was so happy!

PancakesWithSyrup
10-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Ive given away a few more treehouses. Out of 13 trade requests, 3 accepted. One of them said, oh, have anything else, I only want a stitch hat. One left once I got into the trade. The other said tyvm. Its odd how some people react to free stuff. @_@ Ive also been showing people their NPCs, the games, and helping them get their diving magic, and car magics, and space magics. Apparently Im a good helper, Ive had at least 20 friends begging me to help them get diving suit magic. :Pm

DarthMelissa
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Earlier in the year I had started a Year of a Million Dreams thread, while it was fun that I did it and the general response was good, I was getting an alarmingly rate of nasty PM messages from people if I told them that their dream item was too much for me to afford, so I stopped doing it. I've been approaching it from an angle of finding random people and trying to get to know them a bit and finding out what they would really like and then giving that to them. That way I don't go broke and I don't get people all over me for something they don't think is fair, but people in VMK are still getting something neat.

PancakesWithSyrup
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I gave gold ears and yellow explorer pants to my friend NobodysPurfect, she's a great friend and really wanted them.. :)

mickey0794
10-08-2007, 10:05 PM
sorry no pic, im being kicked off the computer lol

Gifts Given: 2 bat bags, another animation viewer, superhero mask and shoes, bubbling cauldron
to: Guest<didnt get pic to put numbers>
response: omg ru serious? are you joking,
please dont kid me :(
me: no im serious! lol
guest: omg!! thank you

DarthMelissa
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
sorry no pic, im being kicked off the computer lol

Gifts Given: 2 bat bags, another animation viewer, superhero mask and shoes, bubbling cauldron
to: Guest<didnt get pic to put numbers>
response: omg ru serious? are you joking,
please dont kid me :(
me: no im serious! lol
guest: omg!! thank you

Perhaps I need to hang around you in game if you are giving away free animation viewers all the time mickey ;)

I have to say that I love that you are giving away items like that, it's awesome because people truly can't believe it.

I gave a good friend a princess minnie way earlier this year and I think he was so stunned he didn't talk for like 10 minutes!

GoofyGal1213
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
oh this is a great idea!

gift given-pirate wall
to:cocogirl
response: thanks a guest.. she didnt really seem to care :(
where Castle forecourt

:h-biggrin Happy Halloween :h-biggrin

adisonfire
10-09-2007, 03:55 AM
I just wanted to share this pm with everyone. It made my Dreams Month Complete. Wow, I was humbled and speechless. Just because dreams month is over doesn't mean we cant have a dreams month all year long. Im amazed how many people are participating. Hats off to everyone who posted here. ~dis~

Here is the pm I received tonight :

Many weeks ago, my character AlphaCoolcats visited your room in Dreams Month and there was a random competion where the first person to put on a pirate hat got a Well Chair. I was already wearing one and I won it! Since I never got any stuff from the hosts it was like a dreams month gift from a random person. Just wanted to give thanks. I'll never forget that day!

AlphaMeow (Previously meow)

queenshamrock
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I do this randomly throughout the year.

I gave this one girl a pink mardi gras hat.

Her signature was that she dreamed of getting that, I had 3 so I gave her one of mine. :)

Twisty
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm gonna start doing this. It sounds really nice. ^.^

mickey0794
10-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Woot! third time for the gifting, no animation viewer this time though lol

Who?: Guest6492726
Where?: castle forecourt
What?: 2 pirate map tables, bat bag, bat hat, christmas 06 candycanes pin, Matterhorn pin

Reaction:http://i205.****************/albums/bb194/mickey0794/THXTHX.jpg and

http://i205.****************/albums/bb194/mickey0794/UARESONICE.jpg

and a pic of trade right before i accepted :)
http://i205.****************/albums/bb194/mickey0794/Dopey.jpg

BeachCutie34
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
This is nice to do once if you can for kindess. Otherwise, I don't agree with giving hand outs all the time.

rabbitprincess
10-11-2007, 08:45 PM
It's nice to see others giving. When I see someone unhappy, and not greedy, I give them a little something to make their day. Sometimes we end up friends, sometimes I never see the person again. But it makes me happy to see new players happy.

I gave a random guest a pirate hat the other day. She was so thankful and we played pirates all day to see if she was able to get another pirate hat. She didn't get it, but it was fun!

~Rabbit:pinkbun:

Tayseth
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I was addicted to giving free stuff before >_> its fun to see my room at the top and people saying TY!

Whats not fun is when you say its closed and they say: omg no fair owner!

a year ago when i opened a free stuff room, i ran out and i actually got reported. Sooooo.....

PancakesWithSyrup
10-11-2007, 11:20 PM
The past two days Ive been hanging out at Castle Forecourt and giving out free to random people, guests, and others that are nice. This 1 dude, When I traded him, and said Happy Halloween, and put in the pin, he wouldn't accept. Then he said take out the pin. I was like huh? Then he put in 1* Buried In Treasure Magic and Accepted. I asked if he was sure, and he said yes. Then after that, he gave Bling magic to his five friends he was hanging out with, :) I love when people are kind.. :D

:41:~Pancakes~:41:

DivineMixieMix
10-12-2007, 01:30 AM
I have been doing this for a while now. But I only give to guests as I am not rich. It's just like some sort of welcome gift for them. Just now, I gave tiki rug to Guest500047. It may not be much but it meant something to her.

gabyta
10-12-2007, 02:22 AM
I have to tell that today I got a very nice surprise..
A vmkf person sent me a PM with a halloween poem and a code (that I can't use yet bc I'm not playing vmk today)
I have to give a public thanks to her, it was a kind gesture :)
She is trying to keep the festive spirit around :)
Thank you Pancakes! :)

sunnyskye
10-14-2007, 12:20 AM
A code for what?

mickey0794
10-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Cool! i got a message too! no code but still i was surprised to see a stranger send me a nice poem :)

PancakesWithSyrup
10-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Oh Ty! Its nothing much :)

Yeah, I meant to send everyone codes, but after I sent 2, I got invalids, sorry! Well Yw :) And Happy Halloween! I love seeing everyone beeing kind to others :D If you didnt get a messgae, Im still sending them. I just go to the active users list and pick random so..

sunnyskye
10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
Aww that is so cool! Thanks for doing this here on the forums! :)

Cookie Duck
10-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Item Given: purple coneo couch
Where: Main street
To Whom: ruzzy
Picture: do not have one

CookyHalie
10-15-2007, 12:13 AM
this makes me think of a big brother or big sister program, everybody on a certain day would be assigned a guest or new person and will play and help them throughout the day.. :D

Im gonna do this to, i will get a picture hopefully:D!

sunnyskye
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
That would be cool, like we could have a sign-up sheet, and everyone who is new and needs help will sign up, and the people who want to help will sign up, and then they would be assigned someone to help.

AlphaMeow
10-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Item Given: Red Heart Chair
Where: Main Street
To Whom: supersunsky

Cara
10-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Item Given: Ice cube
Where: Town Square
To Whom: MissCutieG

I love giving free things to people :) I try to make an effort to help someone each day, and I have! I love to see their reactions.. :)

flaxygirl
10-20-2007, 08:54 PM
This is great :)

And i'd love to help a new guest out.

Friez
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I love to help people out, but I have no idea what to say to them! Any tips?

flaxygirl
10-20-2007, 09:05 PM

Congratulations! You win these items!

Your nice here is some free :)

Here is some furniture to get you started

PancakesWithSyrup
10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Well whenever I give someone something, I just say happy Halloween, Happy Be day, Or Merrychristmas. :)

sunnyskye
10-21-2007, 12:25 PM

A few times I asked them about their favorite new Halloween items. I asked them if they liked the Mickey Ghost, they would say it was their favorite. I even asked if they had one. One person said no, and they were so grateful when I put one in the trade!

izzie
10-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I've been helping guests, taking pictures with them, and putting them in my room. Me and one guest even played some pirates. The other guest came and met my other friends. It was actually a really awarding experience knowing that I made a persons day because when I gave them some free they were so grateful (:

Baseballthrill
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Item giving: Dream hat and sparrow full
Where: Vmk Central
Who: Random (spookydog9)
Why: it was funn to see people happy
Am I crazy: Yes
Pic:didn't get in time

PancakesWithSyrup
10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Item giving: Dream hat and sparrow full
Where: Vmk Central
Who: Random (spookydog9)
Why: it was funn to see people happy
Pic:didn't get in time

Wow, if your giving dreams ears and full sparrows.. :Pm Wow @)@

LOL

:) I should go give away more stuffs, but wow, dreams ears and full sparrow..

mickey0794
10-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Omg! when you give kindness it really does all come back to you!

my new friend, peter_the_winner
gave me
1* BoomCrash! and 1* BlingBling! for FREE and we didnt even know each other yet! How cool is that?

stefhen
10-25-2007, 03:12 AM
great things way way. .
i've given every cute or boot room i go to a ride start next thing i knew they gave me furnisher ! great posts .

Destination
10-25-2007, 03:36 AM
I want to start doing this! :) Seems fun! But I think it might be too fun and Ill go back to being a guest ;) lol

BaldEagleBob
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, you guys... I really like this idea!
I have always enjoyed "gifting" new people to VMK items or clothes,
but have slacked off a bit recently. Nice to see kindness being spread around VMK!

Riverplate
11-03-2007, 07:45 AM
once vmk opens im going to go up to like a rich person with like inferno or stitch or anyhting and give them something free i wonder what will happen wat will there respose be?

MsBored
11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
- sad -

Picture:

http://i205.****************/albums/bb194/mickey0794/freetonewbie.jpg

Wow, it must've been hard to give really rare for free and a not very nice response..

iImagine
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
The problem with this is that it's not actually random acts of kindness... we all know deep down under that all we really want is that Star pin.

However, that being said, it's nice to see you guys giving rare items to newbies to set them off in the world of trading.

SavvysFriend
11-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Items Given: chernabog carpet, halloween bat bag, candy corn chair
Where: Esplanade
To Who?: motorbikedude
Response: oh cool do you got anything else
My Response: ......

Wow you know some people are pretty greedy.

Hayley3
12-04-2007, 11:40 PM
The problem with this is that it's not actually random acts of kindness... we all know deep down under that all we really want is that Star pin.

However, that being said, it's nice to see you guys giving rare items to newbies to set them off in the world of trading.

What is the star pin?

Ali-Rae
12-05-2007, 01:08 AM
hmm, I gave someone a red vest-less cowboy shirt before they came out again. They were so happy! I also gave someone a candy cauldron.. they didn't say thank you :l...

Ali-Rae :treeani:

siler4078
12-05-2007, 01:17 AM
oh how nice :)
:):):):):)

flaxygirl
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I like going around Guests rooms and giving them free potc2 posters :)

Cara
01-09-2008, 01:46 AM
Yesterday I gave my friend my bird hat. She really wanted it :)

SillyBrightPuppy
01-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Nice to see this everyone
- Silly

sunnyskye
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM

It isn't about that pin at all. There are what, like five people that have that pin? I doubt VMK Staff give it away anymore. That pin never crossed my mind.

Swordmastermatt
01-09-2008, 02:15 PM
That is a very nice thing for you to do! Keep it up!!

victoriag
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh this is so much fun! and a GREAT thread. I give free to people all the time ( not just guests though ). I also love to open up free rooms too. And give free to people who come in my Trade Room!

Once, I was in my trade room, and i randomly just told everyone to line up and gave them all free! it was so much fun! hmm.. I think i may do this again! LOL

I also have been given free ( not as a guest ). One guy came up to me and gave me a free rare hotel pin. OMG it was so nice of him.

I have also helped a lot of people ( some friends, some not friends ) with the Magic Quests. I like to go to random people who don't have their Magic Pins ( Dive, Drive, and Space ) and ask them do they need help getting them. Sometimes they're a bit rude, and respond " why do you think i need help with that " or "I'm not stop.id, i can do it by myself" . But its nice when you can help a fellow VMK'er! :)

DarthMelissa
01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Yesterday I was hanging out in the Inner Space Shrinking Machine and I met a nice girl. She was talking to her friend because he had just gotten full green space and she was telling him that she just needed the helmet. I had an extra so I just traded it to her. She was so happy, so it was cool.

She wanted to know if I was "rich" like those people with inferno. I just said, rich is a state of mind. She found me in trading room later and we had a nice chat. She had on the full green space and was thrilled with it.

It was nice to find someone that was just happy with something simple.

On another note, one of my dear friends was in my trade room and was talking about getting ride of all his "rare" (I say this term loosely because everything can be considered rare to an extent) and several of my friends, including me, were like give it to us. Not to keep forever, but to ensure that if in 2 weeks he wants it back, we can give it to him. I had several people in my room make rude comments because we told him to give us the stuff, but they don't realize that we are just going to hold on to it until he wants it back. I even stated as such to one such person and he was a little less than friendly about it. I know this is a bit off-topic, but I thought it was sort of a random act of kindness as we don't want to see him lose all his items over 10 minutes of not having a good day. :)

idkmybffjenoo
01-14-2008, 12:34 AM
i give ppl my winnings from the potc2 game all the time, cuz i have too many and i don't want them.. that counts a little i guess ..

grayman
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
On another note, one of my dear friends was in my trade room and was talking about getting ride of all his "rare" (I say this term loosely because everything can be considered rare to an extent) and several of my friends, including me, were like give it to us. Not to keep forever, but to ensure that if in 2 weeks he wants it back, we can give it to him. I had several people in my room make rude comments because we told him to give us the stuff, but they don't realize that we are just going to hold on to it until he wants it back. I even stated as such to one such person and he was a little less than friendly about it. I know this is a bit off-topic, but I thought it was sort of a random act of kindness as we don't want to see him lose all his items over 10 minutes of not having a good day. :)

Darthmelissa, I can't tell you how many times I have tried to do the same thing for friends. Unfortunately, I am usually ignored while the player is swarmed by strangers and other "friends" who begin to beg for anything they can get for free. Anyway, it is nice to know that there are a few other people out there doing the same thing.

papersouls
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
i'm not going to say who it was, only for the fact i do not want them getting swarmed with people begging for free items, but..

on saturday, a friend that i have known now for quite some time now on vmk, gave me a 1* inferno.. we were in a trade, and as we went to finish it up, they said 'and a gift', and they added it - which literally made my eyes pop out of my head lol.. it was so nice, and even more so, unexpected.. i was never into inferno like so many were, but now that pin means so much to me due to the senimental value alone..

so, you know who you are! ;) thank you again for thinking of me and being so generous.. - hugs - i'll remember you each time i do that funky fire dance ;)

DarthMelissa
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
papersouls, I had a good friend do that for me as well a few weeks ago. I was stunned. That pin will NEVER be traded, as gifts always mean the most.

I would like to give a shout-out to a nice person here on the forums that has just randomly emailed me 2 movie reward codes, it was very unexpected and VERY much appreciated. I, like papersouls, won't name this person, but you know who you are and I just wanted to say, ty, from the bottom of my heart :)

Neoteny
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
That pin will NEVER be traded, as gifts always mean the most.
Interestingly, I recently gave away a rather valuable clothing item to a friend of mine who'd said she needed it, and then I found out she traded it away! So gifts apparently don't always mean all that much.

DarthMelissa
01-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Interestingly, I recently gave away a rather valuable clothing item to a friend of mine who'd said she needed it, and then I found out she traded it away! So gifts apparently don't always mean all that much.

Yes they do, because she kept all the stuff that has been "gifted" to her from some great friends. She just put them on some other characters for safe keeping ;) Next time she sees you, you will see she's still got it ;)

idkmybffjenoo
01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
the only person i give stuff to borrow is my sister. like my REAL sister. i just doon't trus anyone on vmk cuz ppl have tried to scam me many a time and usually the ppl that ask to borrow stuff are bossy and annoying. (in my experience. maybe i need better vmk pals.) i can only think of a few other ppl on my friend list that i would lend stuff to.. but not like super important things.

oh and btw i'm giving away all my winnings from potc2 game to brand new guests to vmk :) it must be great to walk into vmk the first time and have someone give u free stuff, it's the happiest website on earth!! :)

flaxygirl
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Sometimes when im in a trade room i give free to the first person who trades me :)

And like i said before i give guests posters, sometimes they are kinda mean :(

vmkgirl28
01-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Yesterday i was in a trade room and a girl was all like looking for a crown if i can ever get on yea right,

so i felt bad for her bc most new ppl want the crown so i traded her and gave her a free crown(she chose gold lol)

thats it she didnt even say ty o_o lol

oh well

helloworld2
01-18-2008, 02:39 AM
Item Given: Red Ariel
Where at: Castle Forecourt
To Whom: SuperSmallSky
Pic: Not available
Response:

Ty so much! You are so awesome!