View Full Version : The Kingdom Keepers

PancakesWithSyrup
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm in the middle of reading the book,
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w307/pigsrockoutloud/thekingdomkeepers.jpg
and It's like the best book ive ever read! :)
Anyone else read it?

Fantasysurfingboy
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I got done reading it 2 nights ago. One of me favorite books. :)

Ammie
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, I read it when it first came out.

PrincessWall
09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Yep, I LOVED this book! Are they making a second one?
♥Wall

EmmaatMk
09-14-2007, 07:35 PM
i read it twice and loved it....... and the fact it has vmk in it!!lol

rollercoasterboi
09-14-2007, 07:36 PM
i read half of it then my dog ate it :(

Xiaolin
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes they are making a second one and are trying to negotiate with VMK to put Kingdom Keeper items in.

Also, Ridley Pearson's new book will be: Peter and the Secret of Rundoon.

Katarina
09-14-2007, 07:47 PM
From Ridley's Blog (a while ago): The second book will be subtitled: The Rise of Chernabog.
This IS my favorite book (Tied with the Peter and the Starcatchers series)
If you are wondering about how they do some stuff in vmk you can't do, the book was created before vmk was released and they didn't have a fully correct idea about exactly how vmk was going to be.
I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who likes Disney. I COULD NOT put it down. I have Read it three times and enjoy it more and more every single time. When you are finished with KK, I would HIGHLY suggest reading into the Peter and the Starcatchers Series. Hope you enjoy the book :)

~Tink's Fireworks :figment:

mickey0794
09-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I read it in february when i bought it from disney world emorium it remains the best book i have ever read and i wish they had a sequel or 2

This is also the book that introduced me to vmk!!!
I would not even have known about vmk unless i had read this book! :')

- mickey! :jack:

Destination
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Im reading this book too! It's so cool! :) Im at the part down below.

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT!

where they are like in the elevator with all the stars. Then it turns out to be like Walts hiding place. and then they see the 3 color phones and Wayne said dont touch them.

Im right at that point

PancakesWithSyrup
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Kewl. Im at the point where.. oh wait nvm I just finished it. :Pm

bluecruiser
09-15-2007, 01:09 AM
From Ridley's Blog (a while ago): The second book will be subtitled: The Rise of Chernabog.
If you are wondering about how they do some stuff in vmk you can't do, the book was created before vmk was released and they didn't have a fully correct idea about exactly how vmk was going to be.
I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone who likes Disney. I COULD NOT put it down. I have Read it three times and enjoy it more and more every single time. When you are finished with KK, I would HIGHLY suggest reading into the Peter and the Starcatchers Series. Hope you enjoy the book :)

If you want more information on the second Kingdom Keepers book, check out this topic (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116318) (may contain spoilers).

Destination
09-15-2007, 01:12 AM
wow cool! theres going to be another one! :) I cant wait for it! ;) lol

iImagine
09-15-2007, 01:22 AM
This is so old. There have been about 10 threads on this epic and majestic book.

Destination
09-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Well it's sorta new to some people. and people still like to talk about the book

Xiaolin
09-15-2007, 01:24 AM
So the book is already finished? The Kingdom Keepers: The Rise Of Chernabog?

Destination
09-15-2007, 01:25 AM
I dont think it's finished yet maybe. It's coming out Summer of 2008 ;)

Xiaolin
09-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe someone can make it on Wikipedia? It's on Wikipedia under The Kingdom Keepers.

DizCaptain
09-15-2007, 01:28 AM
I read it long ago when it was released (which is like two years actually) the second is going to be released I think next spring...

Xiaolin
09-15-2007, 01:30 AM
From Ridley's blog:

KINGDOM KEEPERS 2 - For the curious
Here's the catalog copy for Kingdom Keepers 2 (note, the title is still being considered):

Kingdom Keepers: The Second Server
Disney At Dawn

It's supposed to be a happy day at the Magic Kingdom – the return of the teenage, holographic hosts. But things go very wrong when a sudden lightning storm disrupts the celebration, and Amanda's mysterious sister, Jez, disappears. The only clue is the sighting of a wild monkey in the Magic Kingdom during the storm.

The mystery deepens as Finn is contacted by Wayne, an old man he hasn't heard from in months. Wayne tells Finn that there's trouble at the Animal Kingdom: the evil Overtakers have gained control of one of the computer servers that will be used to operate Daylight Holographic Imaging there. That means that if any of the holographic hosts fall asleep, they will go into comas – permanently.

With time running out, Finn, Philby, and Maybeck, along with Willa and Charlene, and Amanda, begin a desperate search, following a string of cryptic clues found inside the diary of the missing Jez. They must find and destroy the second server before they fall asleep; their survival -- and the future of the parks – depend on their success.

Filled with action and brimming with the same meticulous detail as Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark, this second book in the series — Disney At Dawn --is the result of hands-on research behind the scenes at the Animal Kingdom. Young and older readers alike will get a glimpse into a second Disney kingdom. The wild rides have only just begun; and the clock is ticking. How long can the teens keep themselves awake in their quest to find their friend — and what happens if they fail?

acenima
09-15-2007, 01:33 AM
i havent been on the vmk forums in like a year! hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for off topic...

Xiaolin
09-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Wow, that was.. scary.

SafariLyssaOnVMK
10-15-2007, 11:23 AM
yes I read it! I heard ridley pearson(the auther) is going to write another one. I think it said it is called disney at dawn. Its suppose to come out this fall

groovysqirrel
10-16-2007, 01:46 AM
It's an awesome book! I'd highly recomend it :)

SillyBrightPuppy
10-16-2007, 05:21 AM
This book actually made me learn of vmk :) and its a great book

TomorrowAlpha
07-21-2008, 05:44 AM

~Tink's Fireworks :figment:

DEFINITELY. Dude, I totally agree with you! I read this book about two years ago I think. I just recently re-read it. It's really good (if you like Disney. If you can't stand Disney, don't bother. But if you can't stand Disney, why would you be on this site?) I've also read the Peter and the Starcatchers series. That's really good also. Read them all!

jedry
12-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm in the middle of reading the book,
http://i179.****************/albums/w307/pigsrockoutloud/thekingdomkeepers.jpg
and It's like the best book ive ever read! :)
Anyone else read it?

I've read both the books and I have to say, their the best books I've ever read! :xmas16:

TBs_Creation
12-22-2008, 02:14 AM
I thought the second one was dull

MinnieMForever
12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I am reading the second Kingdom Keepers Book: Disney at Dawn. Both books are great, it is exciting to see what will happen next when they sneak into the park at night. I hope they make a third book!

~Earth

SoraStarChan
01-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I love these books so much! Don't you think they should make a movie out of these books?

.:Blue:.
05-23-2009, 03:22 PM
i read half of it then my dog ate it :(

ROTFLOL! He must've thought the book was good, too! xDDD

I'm on Disney At Dawn. It's so cool! Like, the best book I've ever read...aside from Twilight. But better than Twilight? Hrm...

Stitchco
05-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Update for you all that the third book in the series that will be planned to be at least 5 books is coming out September 15th has the scehduled release date for now. The book is entitled Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney in Shadow. The theme park is EPCOT.

-Stitchco :1stitch:

05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, awesome!! YAY! MORE KINGDOM KEEPERS! xD

jedry
06-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Update for you all that the third book in the series that will be planned to be at least 5 books is coming out September 15th has the scehduled release date for now. The book is entitled Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney in Shadow. The theme park is EPCOT.

Yeah I found out about this on Wikipedia about a week ago. I'm so excited!

bluedudeman
06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Aw I thought it was coming out in August. That's okay, one more month isn't too long a wait for this amazing book series.

TiggerDude
06-16-2009, 01:11 AM
I've read both books, finished the maze, still solving that anagram. I think it's Walt Disney Ink Pen.
PKIEWNEINSDLTAYN

Stitchco
08-21-2009, 04:47 AM
1). Recently the release date is now in April 2010.

2). Wikipedia shows this as the plot for KK3 - Disney in Shadow:

When Disney Imagineers installed hologram guides for the Magic Kingdom, using teenage models they had no idea the technology might backfire. But backfire it did: some nights when the kids go to sleep, they wake up in one of the Disney parks as a hologram.

With the adventures set forth in the first books now behind them, Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney In Shadow follows the five teens, Finn, Philby, Willa, Charlene, and Maybeck as they search to find Wayne, their mentor and head Imagineer who has mysteriously gone missing. Concerned Wayne has been abducted by the Overtakers-Disney villains, who along with other Disney characters, take over the parks when the turnstiles stop spinning, and want desperately to steer the parks to a far darker place-the five kids pick up a major clue from a close friend, Jez, whose dreams (nightmares, really) often accurately predict the future.

The very few clues from Jez's dream lead the kids into Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot--through imaginary worlds that become real, by imaginary kids who are real. Each clue seems tied to the last, and with the stakes growing ever higher, what starts out as a puzzle ends up as a fight for their lives. Through a transparent paper box, a quest for a sword, rides on Soarin' and Maelstrom, life-and-death encounters with giant snakes, and a devious Maleficent, the Kingdom Keepers not only begin to decipher deeper meanings to the clues, but discover new truths about themselves and their ever-growing friendships.

BuzzBoy133
08-21-2009, 05:01 AM
Woah.
That's epic!

08-21-2009, 12:05 PM
That is....epic.
Can't wait for it to come out now! XD

PowerfulSonicMint
08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Should I consider reading the book? I've seen many of my buddies reading it, so should I too?

TiggerDude
09-10-2009, 03:07 AM
KK3 comes out the 15th, apparently. OH BOY!:icon10m:

Stitchco
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
KK3 comes out the 15th, apparently. OH BOY!:icon10m:

You mean April 15, 2010? Cuz they changed it back to then instead of September 15, 2009. I don't think it currently says when the book will come out.

VMKObsessed554
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I've read the first one, the second one I'm hoping to get soon. I heard they got onto this site where they could play on VMK, other then the site itself.

BuzzBoy133
09-10-2009, 09:00 PM
They did.
And I heard that Ridley is supposed to speak at the D23 Expo tomorrow.

Vivi
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
:D to expo.
D: to release change.
Ugh; I've been waiting for this book since like, I finished reading KK2. xD
It sounds amazing.

jedry
01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Books 3, 4 and 5 have been confirmed.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
Fourth and fifth installments are currently being planned. Ridley has announced that he wants to involve the readers in the fifth book, which will possibly be the last, using what he called the "Big Plan" Ridley also said on an interview that he wanted to set the 4th book on the Disney Cruise line, perhaps something with the ship and Castaway Cay but it is not confirmed yet.

Personally, I can not wait for the release of the next book, I'm sure all of you will agree. =D

Stitchco
01-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Books 3, 4 and 5 have been confirmed.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
Fourth and fifth installments are currently being planned. Ridley has announced that he wants to involve the readers in the fifth book, which will possibly be the last, using what he called the "Big Plan" Ridley also said on an interview that he wanted to set the 4th book on the Disney Cruise line, perhaps something with the ship and Castaway Cay but it is not confirmed yet.

Personally, I can not wait for the release of the next book, I'm sure all of you will agree. =D

Yup, we already know. It was already posted in this thread a while ago :P we are all excited for it come out here. Remember everyone! Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney in Shadow comes out April 2010 (on the 15 at the current time) and there may be an ending to one of the main characters Ridley has said! :Question:

Mizz.V
01-27-2010, 11:30 PM
so stinking SUSPENSFUL ! idk if this was in the first or second one, but like after the possesed small world dolls attacked them i havnt been able to ride that ride at night. like i RUN past when were trying to leave the park ? but great book (:

Stitchco
01-28-2010, 02:02 AM
so stinking SUSPENSFUL ! idk if this was in the first or second one, but like after the possesed small world dolls attacked them i havnt been able to ride that ride at night. like i RUN past when were trying to leave the park ? but great book (:

It happened in the first book, Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark.

PrincessSofia
01-30-2010, 04:29 AM
I <3 Kingdom Keepers <3

MLKnCookies
01-30-2010, 05:32 AM
I only read the first one, I still need to read the second one.

Noelle
01-31-2010, 07:12 PM
The first book was great! I started the second one and haven't gotten back to it yet. Guess I better get busy!

GoodPolarGirl
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
I really hope that the doesn't have one of the books on the cruises. There is so much more to cover at the parks. Plus, it's called KINGDOM Keepers, not Cruise Keepers.

DISNEYDIVA
02-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I am halfway through the second one right now. I love these books!

jedry
02-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Yup, we already know. It was already posted in this thread a while ago :P we are all excited for it come out here. Remember everyone! Kingdom Keepers 3: Disney in Shadow comes out April 2010 (on the 15 at the current time) and there may be an ending to one of the main characters Ridley has said! :Question:

Yeah.
I just remembered that I actually replied to the post that said the 4th and 5th books had been confirmed so don't get the wrong idea, I've actually known about the 4th and 5th books for some time now as well but I assumed none of you knew. I was foolish to think that. =D

zephr
02-15-2010, 11:16 PM
So you guys know KK3 is coming out in April?

Stitchco
02-16-2010, 12:28 AM
So you guys know KK3 is coming out in April?

Yup, we've said it already lol.

bluedudeman
04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
I just got KK3, 4 days before release :D I'm saving it for my flight to florida... but I did read the first 150 pages ;)

BuzzBoy133
04-03-2010, 01:34 AM
I hate you X|
I went to Barns & Noble like twenty minutes ago to get it, but they don't start selling it until the 6th even though Ridley said it was out DX

GoodPolarGirl
04-03-2010, 02:02 AM
I pre-ordered KKIII online. :)

bluedudeman
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I really need to stop reading it, already 300 pages in. I guess I'll just read the book I actually need to read for school till I get to Florida ha.

Stitchco
04-04-2010, 01:17 AM
I just got KK3, 4 days before release :D I'm saving it for my flight to florida... but I did read the first 150 pages ;)

same here. i just finished reading it too about an hour ago, and all i can say is wow.... just... wow.....

-Stitchco :1stitch: :easter:

bluedudeman
04-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I think I'm just going to finish it before Florida, it is just way too good. I'll read something else down there :P

GoodPolarGirl
04-04-2010, 02:49 AM
How did you guys get KKIII before release?

Stitchco
04-04-2010, 03:22 AM
How did you guys get KKIII before release?

Didn't you hear Ridley? :D Some bookstores gave out copies of the book early this week. I got mine at a Borders. They were nearly out too lol.

BuzzBoy133
04-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Borders was the first place I checked XD
It wasn't on the shelf though -__-

Stitchco
04-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Borders was the first place I checked XD
It wasn't on the shelf though -__-

Only certain stores gave them out ahead of time. Sorry, but I don't know what to tell you. If you doubt our word we can tell you parts of the book, but then that would spoil it for you all.

Btw - About the book cover and the snake? I was right on what snake I thought it was! Woohoo!!

GoodPolarGirl
04-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Oh, haha, no I didn't hear Ridley. I mostly just skim the posts on here and I don't read his blog so, yeah. :] Can't wait to read it when I get it!

bluedudeman
04-04-2010, 05:50 AM
in my opinion, totally dissappointed at the end. you can pm me if you want to talk about it...

Stitchco
04-04-2010, 02:10 PM
in my opinion, totally dissappointed at the end. you can pm me if you want to talk about it...

LOL. It wasnt that bad of an ending blue. it could've been worse ya know?

-Stitchco :1stitch: :StitchEgg:

bluedudeman
04-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Two things upset me, but I'll just PM you them. I mean the overall ending was yeah, awesome the whole book was but some things were frustrating.

Stitchco
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
It seems that both me and blue have our agreements and disagreements with this new book. Hope you all get it and read it quick so we can start discussions and stuff.

-Stitchco :1stitch: :StitchEgg:

bluedudeman
04-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I know, both my sister and mother are going to read it, but my mom still needs to read the 2nd, but my sister can now read the third. It is frustrating though because I want to talk about it but it hasn't even been released everywhere yet >_<

GoodPolarGirl
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I just got finished reading it a couple of minutes ago. It is now 7 A.M. my time and I have been reading since 1:30 straight. No sleep, haha. I totally lost track of the time.

Anyway, KKIII was........GREAT!! That was SOOO cool! Feel free to contact if you want to discuss, because I just loved how it all came together. And the characters, like, totally developed in this.

Although, the problem that Ridley Pearson has faced since the beginning is making the villains actually menacing. It seems as though in all of the books, Finn and the gang have made it out way too easy. Although, the challenge did increase in this book, so thumbs up for Ridley. :]]

bluedudeman
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I'll PM you now, I can't wait until everyone reads it so we can actually talk about it in here.

BuzzBoy133
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Read it.
'Tis pwnage!

Adventurebry
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I have read the first two, and all four peter and the starcatchers.. and science fair (terrible, in comparison, IMO).. and the Neverland series, I pretty much love Ridley, but I just spent a lot of money on Disney DVDs (oops!), so I think I am going to wait until June or July for this one. It sounds good, and Epcot seems like an amazing setting for this series. Hope you all are enjoying it!

Stitchco
10-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Ok, I think we all have had what I hope is a long enough time, so who wants to discuss KK3 first? (Might as well keep talking about to see what we can think of might happen in KK4)

GoodPolarGirl
10-07-2010, 03:58 AM
*raises hand*. Me!