View Full Version : Where is a Yavn Speaks?

piratewithskill
06-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I want to know what you think about the newsletter and why it is late!

TheMagicWithin
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I know we are supposed to get on each month, but the last one was on 8/09 So... Where is a Yavn Speaks?

matzb
09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
maybe he is not updating it any more ?

WDWLIGHTNINGZ
09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Umm... we have the rest of September too....

GoofyGeggy
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Yavn's a busy guy. ;) He'll get to it when he gets to it. Until then, enjoy life, er, I mean, the game.

DarthMelissa
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Umm... we have the rest of September too....

Oh come on! You mean he isn't supposed to post it exactly the first day of the month or EXACTLY every 30 days? Man, I am sooooo disappointed now ;)

SweetAdelline
09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe Yavn's dream was to take a break from the Newsletter this month.

grayman
09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Given the generally negative response whenever there is a newsletter, I can't really understand why people are so desperate to get a new one. Besides, I would much rather that the people running VMK devote their time and energy to making new items or features than telling me about new items and features that they might get around to making if they didn't have to write a newsletter every month.

I enjoy speculation and guessing about the future of the game as much as anyone, but I can also appreciate a good surprise.

LuckyJazz
09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Yes, Yavn is just very busy right now and *probably nothing bad happened to him. If anything bad did happen to him, I'm sure there would be this big thing in the newsletter saying so, that a new person will take place. I am sure Yavn and "Yavn Speaks!" will be back soon.

TheMagicWithin
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
grayman.. maybe people like newsletters...

staticbill
09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Patience. Patience. Patience! You have to be patient. I'm very sorry that some people can't wait for the newsletter, and I agree with Grayman, I would rather have them releasing items in VMK then Yavn giving us a newsletter every week. What would he say? He will probably say Dreams month is going swell, we are releasing something next week, but he wouldn't probably say anything else. Then everybody would be bummed, and you guys then would start complaining about the newsletter Yavn just gave. And what happens when Yavn says something you don't like, that they were getting something rid of in the game. Then you guys would all be sad again, and yet again complain. Yavn is doing his best. And Cookie_Lord, I know you like newsletters, so do I , but I don't complain about it. There is always so many threads about this. Patience. Patience. Patience!

JazzyJelly
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I also have found that recently, Yavn's newsletter has not been completely accurate. So while I'd be interested to see one, its only for the idle reading value and not really to update on the game.

I guess it can be fun to speculate on...VMK has seemed to be really changing a lot. Never know what to expect. I guess there are good and bad aspects to that.

As for me, I give this month a big thumbs down, I'm sorry to say. It has just been too frustrating for words :( I realize others' feel differently so I'm obviously just speaking as one little VMK player.

(but I do have to say Grayman, I really don't think it takes anyone very much time to write a newsletter and I doubt that the presence or absence of a newsletter influences the development of new items in the game, at least as a time thing.)

and Adelline, I got a chuckle out of your statement.

Straws
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
yavn is supposed to update it evey week..

Jezzi
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
yavn is supposed to update it evey week..

Uh no.. in one of his newsletters he stated that he would probably only update it once a month.

Mizz.V
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Jezibabe is right but it has been two months.. think he should have posted it by now

Whipstersh
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
It has only been a few days over a month....

I believe that yavn is working on more ways to improve VMK in his absence.

SkyRocket
09-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I think Yavn Has moved on to a bigger project.

piratewithskill
09-21-2007, 03:34 AM

Hopefully so. Dreams theme seemed like a good idea the first week... but now its just boring, and ive given up. lol. Maybe something to do with Tron Two that is going to be filmed soon. But Yavn speaks still is what I look forward to every Monday, and still no updates:(

By the way... STILL WAITING ON TCG UPDATE...

Destination
09-21-2007, 03:38 AM
I dont really care about those Yavn Speaks columns anymore because I dont think there ever going to get updated ;)

sunnyskye
09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Hasn't everyone just gotten tired of waiting? Just forget about it, and when one comes along, everyone will be surprised and happy. Well, happy until he doesn't update it again. :rolleyes:

But, he's bound to make one soon! It's almost October, and they start selling costumes the first few days of October. I'm sure one will be posted soon with the costumes they are releasing. Hey, maybe Yavn wants to give us a huge surprise, so he's been devoting his time to other things? You never know.

Stemaboat_Tyler
09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I think he is taking a break from the newsletter but what do I know.

PolarFish
09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
It is under the trading card 101, but it has still not been updated - I think he said he would start updating in the fall :) :D

DCSMickeyMan
09-21-2007, 08:33 PM

I think so as well. Well, not necessarily to a bigger project, but I have come to assume that he is no longer working on VMK. Before he deleted everyone off his friends list(or his character was deleted? we might never know the truth) He hadn't been logged on since June 22nd, and we haven't heard from him newsletter wise in over a month. So i'm fairly certain he's moved on to something else. Good riddance to that in my opinon, yavn always seemed to me to be very self absorbed and not exactly puncual, as well as reporting false information.

:wave2:Buh Bye! And here's to VMK getting someone better suited for the job :)

piratewithskill
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
It is under the trading card 101, but it has still not been updated - I think he said he would start updating in the fall :) :D

I thought that was pan items, not newsletter. I may be wrong

mribgrumpy
09-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I have renamed Yavn's column to Yavn doesn't Speak

evina
09-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I want to know what you think about the newsletter and why it is late!

thats what i have always wanted to know

quinnriley
09-22-2007, 12:41 AM
He used to do it every week, then changed. Now he is bugging me... New newsletters=New stuff!!!

evina
09-22-2007, 01:42 AM
He used to do it every week, then changed. Now he is bugging me... New newsletters=New stuff!!!

It was new stuff now its just old stuff. Maybe he is busy, retired, fired, kidnapped who knows?

PolarFish
09-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I thought that was pan items, not newsletter. I may be wrong

Pan items too :) Here is a direct quote from that newsletter:

Q: Dear Yavn, before you were posting a new column every week, now we're lucky to get one a month. What's up with the long periods between Newsletter updates?

A: Well, I guess you could say I've taken the summer off from the Newsletter. But honestly, for the last few months I've been spending more time doing behind-the-scenes work for VMK. Between adjusting moderation, building new content (including a new game, the VMK Communicator and other surprises) and some travel I've been super, super busy.

So bear with me, for the time being I'll update monthly and move back to a more frequent schedule during the fall. In the meantime, don't forget to check out the other Newsletter sections that are updated weekly. Besides my column, and in addition to Yeti and Push Trivia, there's lots of great information on the Newsletter page (did you notice the NEW Dateline Disney section? Cool huh?)! So be sure to always check out the Newsletter even if you don't see me updating, Safety Corner, Event Info, and the other sections – these change often and there's always new announcements and new info. Hey, you can even check it out using the NEW VMK Communicator!

Brave_Gogeta
09-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Why do u even care .. Yavn is just sum random dude ..

TheMagicWithin
09-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Why do u even care .. Yavn is just sum random dude ..

who made vmk...

Brave_Gogeta
09-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Yo Yavn didn't make vmk he's the producer i heard sum staff blabbing about it ..
any staff member can become the producer ..

la4gator
09-22-2007, 08:43 PM
i think its because he's late, doesn't have anything to say, or he is taking a break

Brave_Gogeta
09-22-2007, 08:45 PM
he could be making a new item remember how long it took him to get the carts

la4gator
09-22-2007, 08:49 PM
he could be making a new item remember how long it took him to get the carts

that could be the case

Brave_Gogeta
09-22-2007, 08:57 PM
that could be the case

u never no he could be working on that card game or even adding new items and if he does upgrade the game there should be prizes im tired of getting nothing

jamiewe
09-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Yavn speaks is no more it hasn't been updated for like a month maybe there is no new news.

Facnyface
09-23-2007, 12:39 AM
I think he ment every other month not every other week.

GoofyGal1213
09-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Yeah he said in the summer he will be busy going placesa and updating the new game etc.So a new newsletter monthly I personally think someone else should like QA_caffdawg or anothor QA because people of vmk like to know whats going on in VMK!!

piratewithskill
09-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah he said in the summer he will be busy going placesa and updating the new game etc.So a new newsletter monthly I personally think someone else should like QA_caffdawg or anothor QA because people of vmk like to know whats going on in VMK!!

That's a really good idea. I think caffdawg would be good at a newsletter! Or even... nah... maybe... Lily:-)

gigarichard
09-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I know everyone means well with the patient approach, but he could at least take a minute and say that there won't be a Yavn Speaks until.....

He said it would be monthly, well, that isn't the case it seems. How much would it hurt to say, expect a newsletter in a few weeks, busy right now.

sunnyskye
09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I wish Yavn could have told us at least that. I mean, I can type "Busy right now, newsletter soon" in seconds. It would at least let us know something wasn't up.

Capn_Leandro
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Yavn said He would have the summer off the newsletter.
Im expecting one today since ITS NOT SUMMER anymore.
Now its fall.
Yavn better keep his promise on taking the summer off and
having one in fall. I will NOT be a player of VMK anymore.

sunnyskye
09-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't quit over a newsletter. Do you play for the game, or the newsletter?

bluepopstar
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I really enjoy reading the newsletters!
I love them!

CookyHalie
09-24-2007, 08:33 PM
they used to do it every monday but as the years past and people quit the game has gotten boring and old.. i think there trying to make it more fun so it's taking them a long time to make it better, but the wait is making people angry

piratewithskill
10-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Once again, its been about a month since the last newsletter. I hope they have a good reason for it to be late (like making awesome christmas items cause christmas items are usually better than halloween items) lol

goofy_bout_mickey
10-23-2007, 03:04 AM
People! People!

Relax! I imagine that Yavn has quite a few things on his plate besides the news letter. I really enjoy reading them and look forward to a new one coming out, but I don't loose sleep over it or threaten to quit VMK because one doesn't come out when I think it should. When he is "away" for a while, I like to think that he is working on something really cool for us. Sometimes it happens that way and sometimes it doesn't. But who cares?! Let's all have fun and enjoy what we have so far and dream about what is to come in the future (As for me, I would like to see some new colors of rocket couches...hint, hint Yavn)! LOL

Have a great night and enjoy!:icon_mickey_hallowe

the_phoenix
10-23-2007, 03:08 AM
So....I'm guessing push is going to take his place in the newsletter? "Trash-talk with Push"
^LOL^

Pjgirl4ever
10-23-2007, 03:19 AM
the newsletter is always late now.. ive learned not to expect anything anymore.

GoofyGeggy
10-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Not this thread again...

I guess some people never learn. ?

GraspingClaw
10-23-2007, 05:11 AM
I guess some people never learn. ?

Like Yavn (or whatever puppet master is currently at the controls) for saying he'll write regularly? I understand the thread may seem a bit pointless, as you may not see it changing anything, but I've experienced the power of these forums first hand with my "Words We Need" thread. You never know who might be watching and taking notes. In any case, I don't think it's too much to ask for a bi-monthly publication. I'm not saying it has to be jam-packed with exciting new features, huge changes, and thrilling surprises, but just a couple paragraphs giving some basic updates and a friendly hello would go a long way. I'm sure the staff stays busy, but there's no way they're too busy to do that.

I do suspect we'll be seeing a new update soon. At least, if you choose to believe Yavn's promise of having a special end-of-the-month event. Surely we'll need some details on whatever Halloween shenanigans are about to go down.

DarthMelissa
10-23-2007, 06:41 AM
I do suspect we'll be seeing a new update soon. At least, if you choose to believe Yavn's promise of having a special end-of-the-month event. Surely we'll need some details on whatever Halloween shenanigans are about to go down.

I can already tell you what the end of month events will be.

The 24th the CL's lose their titles and with that will come an unexpected close of VMK for a few random hours during the host time when everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in.

Then on Sunday, we will get the message we have gotten for the past 2 weeks and won't be able to properly finish the quest and again, everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in.

Then the big event on Halloween! Everyone will be so excited, they'll try to log into VMK with their 10 mules in tow and make the rest of us get either the black screen of death or the "site is too busy" message at which time everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in. The only difference this time, is that they are missing out on some mystery item that will be tradeable for about 2.5 seconds, until VMK realizes the goof and make it non-tradeable forever, making everyone and their 10 mules stuck with it. Except for those of us that were busy posting on the forums that we were going to die if we couldn't log in. :h-wink:

At least, that is how I see the end of month activities going. Who knows, I could be wrong...

As far as a Yavn Speaks column, do we really need one? I admit, it would be nice. But I'd rather see things released in game and improvements made than read an update. Rather have the team focus on making the game great than updating the website. But again, just my opinion.

Jezzi
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Heh DarthMelissa - are you really Esmeralda in disguise??

Patience Piratewithskill. It will happen when it happens, until then just enjoy the game. :)

TravisSch
10-23-2007, 11:57 AM

That is one of the reasons why I think there might be a new newsletter this week. We're close to the end of the month and yavn will probably talk about the special event. I think it will just be another Halloween Maze Event though like previous years. I bet the prize will be *gasp* a Pumpkin pin with a VMK logo smack in the middle of it! ;)

TiniPink
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
What scares me the most is how people claim that they will "die" if they don't get onto VMK. That is just pathetic.

Sure, you're dissapointed that yavn has upkept his newsletter, but be happy with what you have.

(Gasp. Does this mean that after tomorrow we can apply for CLs? For two years I have been getting the message when I apply that I have to play more O_o)

Cindrbellas
10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Maybe every new thread created whining about no newsletter pushes it back another week? Stop telling him what he needs to be doing and thank him for what he's already done :-) I can't think of many games..especially free games..that have it's producer so involved with the players. It's awesome! Sure I miss his weekly updates, they're fun..But I understand that life happens and we can't always keep up with things, even when promised.

Let's all be blessed with what we have, a free Disney game that has regular new features and items! (Just think of all the money we would be spending on expansion packs..yikes!)

gigarichard
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
I can already tell you what the end of month events will be.

The 24th the CL's lose their titles and with that will come an unexpected close of VMK for a few random hours during the host time when everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in.

Then on Sunday, we will get the message we have gotten for the past 2 weeks and won't be able to properly finish the quest and again, everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in.

Then the big event on Halloween! Everyone will be so excited, they'll try to log into VMK with their 10 mules in tow and make the rest of us get either the black screen of death or the "site is too busy" message at which time everyone will jump on the forums and complain about how VMK is down yet again and they will die if they cannot log in. The only difference this time, is that they are missing out on some mystery item that will be tradeable for about 2.5 seconds, until VMK realizes the goof and make it non-tradeable forever, making everyone and their 10 mules stuck with it. Except for those of us that were busy posting on the forums that we were going to die if we couldn't log in. :h-wink:

At least, that is how I see the end of month activities going. Who knows, I could be wrong...

As far as a Yavn Speaks column, do we really need one? I admit, it would be nice. But I'd rather see things released in game and improvements made than read an update. Rather have the team focus on making the game great than updating the website. But again, just my opinion.

LOL that made me laugh. Since the Yavn Speaks was really just updates on what is coming up, maybe everyone can be surprised for once...

The thing that sort of bothers me, not that I am really impatient about this, but when people say that they will do something, usually I expect something to be done. Now I know this is VMK and all but still, if you promise something will happen, you should expect it to happen regardless if it is in a game or not. Plans may change and all, but maybe this may be too much to ask, but can we be notified?

TheBird
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Yavn's a busy guy. ;) He'll get to it when he gets to it. Until then, enjoy life, er, I mean, the game.
Always listen to Geggy's mysterious words of wisdom :)

They're usually good advice, and if your VMK playing depends on Yavn updating his newsletter, then go find somewhere else to play :)

Bird

DarthMelissa
10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Heh DarthMelissa - are you really Esmeralda in disguise??

Shoot, my cover is blown, whatever will I do now? :h-tongue:
Ah, thank you for the smile you brought to my face. :)

LOL that made me laugh. Since the Yavn Speaks was really just updates on what is coming up, maybe everyone can be surprised for once...

Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week :h-wink:

In all seriousness, having a Yavn speaks is nice, but honestly? It's not the reason I keep playing...

It will be updated when it is updated. No sooner, no later. I don't think complaining about it not being updated will make it be updated any faster. Just my two pennies though.

Disneyzoodude
10-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Yavn is just busy. I am sure he will find time at some point.

virtualmagicguy
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey wouldn't it be a surprise if we got an newsletter tomorrow? i mean if they CL program is losing the CL part, there's got to be a ' how do u like the month so far? '. after they might tell us the end of the month event, of course ;)

TravisSch
10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey wouldn't it be a surprise if we got an newsletter tomorrow? i mean if they CL program is losing the CL part, there's got to be a ' how do u like the month so far? '. after they might tell us the end of the month event, of course ;)

Maybe they are waiting till after tomorrow to post a new newsletter because by then the leader program will have ended and Yavn can start to talk about the new leader program... and maybe the special end of the month event! ;)

DarthMelissa
10-23-2007, 09:58 PM
and maybe the special end of the month event! ;)

Boys! I've already told you about the special end of the month event(s) right here (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1801820&postcount=53). Can't get more accurate ;)

mrmyth
10-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Not to get in a shouting match with you too but..
I cannot really remember the last time a Yavn speaks was earth shattering news other then ending all quests in park.
Some of the things come to fruition - many never end up as more than a whatever happened to...
It's great if we get an update but as to the effect of the game or it's future..
Usually nothing more than fluff with an occasional soon to be released item.

Batleth
10-24-2007, 06:25 AM
It'll be posted when it's posted.
http://batleth.toontowncentral.com/files/ToonTown/TopicClosed.gif