View Full Version : Bringing Back The Beta Days.

SkyRocket
08-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Why not VMK Bring Back The Beta Days for a Week?
Like Bring back the old pirates, and have Triple credits!
This would be awesome

Whipstersh
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
That would be pretty cool, I'd have to admit :)

cooldad210
08-10-2007, 11:55 PM
yup that does and have some beta on sale and bring back old fireworks

SkyRocket
08-10-2007, 11:56 PM
And remember when there was crates in the jungle cruise instead of rock. bring it back for a week.

Adventurebry
08-10-2007, 11:59 PM
And remember when there was crates in the jungle cruise instead of rock. bring it back for a week.

Woo! That was fun.. I always hit them ^_^.

SkyRocket
08-11-2007, 12:02 AM
LOL. Anyone else think this is a good dea i might send it to vmk

evina
08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
it does sound good and vmk might do it after the flip hat release and all the other rare

Jedi smurfy
08-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I would love to see them release beta stuff. Ahh, the good ol' beta days!:lol:

VMKChrisssy
08-11-2007, 12:12 AM
If they bring it back.. They'll restart the scores --- and levels. I would love to see that, just not ruin my level 3, is all.
As for furniture, it may cause an uproar like today - with the flip hat 'n all.

XxChrisssy

JeanPierre
08-11-2007, 12:18 AM
This would be awesome

Unfortunately for us, the powers that be at VMK will never allow that to happen! :Smiley - Harump: They don't want to make us happy! lol :eek::thahggeek27fz:

FlyingCinder
08-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately for us, the powers that be at VMK will never allow that to happen! :Smiley - Harump: They don't want to make us happy! lol :eek::thahggeek27fz:

Agreed. Sadly VMK has lost most of its ' magic ' But I play it because I'm sure VMK can become a better place :)

- FlyingCinder :dumbo:

KMSakura
08-11-2007, 01:09 AM
That would be awesome ^_^.
But how about a month not a week? lol

lemonysnicket3
08-11-2007, 01:40 AM
What did Doc Brown use in his time machine. To bring back beta, we need that.

Encyclopedia
08-11-2007, 01:46 AM
1.21 Jigawatts is what Doc Brown used.

And by beta, do you mean re-releasing green flip flops, green jeans and the other clothes? If so, we have got to beg yavn for this. But then, they wouldn't be that rare anymore.

DonaldsWishes
08-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Beta Is Great
Beta Is Cool

mickey0794
08-11-2007, 01:53 AM
hmmm.. i say we find someone in vmk who is on his list ( create an orginization ) to find them and bribe them to bring him to us ( rare ) then everyone as soon as he comes in yell, Bring Back Beta Please, Yavn!! :(
and he be so surprised rofl then everyone move out and next ppl in queue go, then next, and next, and on and on :) rofl

prisoner
08-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Wow! I really like this idea! Think of all the features they could bring back:

Turnstiles, scoreboards, and random number generators wouldn't work
Furniture would randomly move around in the room
No ride river/tracks
You'd lose your arms when you dance
DC every 30 minutes, on schedule!
No HM. No Tomorrowland, Frontierland, or New Orleans Square
No costumes.
Less safe trade system
Smaller pin lanyard
No magic pins
Lots of cool furniture, but no credits to buy it.
Staff that didn't know what was going on.

Really... beta wasn't as great as most people think.

Soufriere_Hills
08-11-2007, 12:03 PM
This would be awesome

tthere might be a problem with this i mean just imagine all the beta items beiong re-releasesed that means ALOT of fight bc all that stuff came back out * Turnstiles, scoreboards, and random number generators wouldn't work

* Furniture would randomly move around in the room right
* No ride river/tracks right
* You'd lose your arms when you dance right
* DC every 30 minutes, on schedule! right lol
* No HM. No Tomorrowland, Frontierland, or New Orleans Square right
* No costumes. right
* Less safe trade system really?? right
* Smaller pin lanyard ok right
* No magic pins WRONG there was invisibility magic and inferno came out inferno came out on the second day of beta
* Lots of cool furniture, but no credits to buy it. right
* Staff that didn't know what was going on. LOL really? right

Grooveygrl
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah wasn't there a Parade in Beta or something and Yavn gave out Infernos to people or something like that.

And guys, I think Captain_Srek means just bring back the old Pirates, not everything else. -_-

But I really like this idea though. :)

StitchMad
08-11-2007, 12:15 PM
It depends whether you want triple credits or beta. In beta, credit rewards on pirates were 25-75 credits. And.. I loved it. Back when I could buy my Gray Haunted Mansion Suit for 250 creds a-piece, and 500 for the hat... :D

ArgoGreenDragon
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I reckon they should just bring back the beta version of the mini-games, to see which ones people prefer ;)

prisoner
08-11-2007, 01:21 PM
* No magic pins WRONG there was invisibility magic and inferno came out inferno came out on the second day of beta

A valid point. However...

Have a reference for this? DOW says that Inferno was released on the first day, but we've never had any source for this. Other than that, there was the parade "event" that was a week before beta ended.

And I didn't think invisibility was an award from the beginning - only added later. (DOW says 1 September, but I don't remember either way.)

futureimagineer1117
08-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I think that the theme for next June and/or May (when beta took place in 2005) should be "Beta". They could:

-Not make us aware of HOST_ events :) I hate how they announce it now!
-Release some (notice I said SOME) beta furniture
-Disable Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Tomorrowland
-Bring back old Fireworks, and original Pirates Game, with their original rewards just for the month.
-Bring back the Skull Room!
-Bring back all of the old, fun bugs!!!!!!

I'm sure there's more they could also do, this is just all I could think of. This is a great way for newer players (and older players who weren't around in beta) to experience what beta was like, and to perhaps see that some aspects of it weren't as great as everybody makes it seem.

I'm making a petition in a separate thread to send into VMK. If you have interest, I'm going to start it right now, so, yeah.

It would be really fun.

HaveAMagicalDay
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
bringing back beta days woot, or at least bringing it back to where there was no frontierland or tomorrowland, or having the old pirate game back (with the credits so ppl would know how hard it was to get credits back then pirates only gave 15 credits LOL) or not having haunted mansion, or having the fireworks back to it's first amount of credits. or not having all the stuff that ppl have today oh how ppl would notice how big vmk has changed over 2 years...

~CL_HAMD

Inavderzim
08-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Man, you must've been reading my mind, because i've been saying that they should have a beta vmk so much in vmk.. :jack: