View Full Version : EPCOT Quest

Facnyface
06-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I need the dates to all of the EPCOT Quest's. T\hanks for your help.

alphaspida
06-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe you can just look on the wiki at the VMK Time line?

Facnyface
06-30-2007, 12:54 AM
True but it says Feb - april which is wrong, the quest was released in march and only aviable in march.

Jezzi
06-30-2007, 10:21 AM
EPCOT Quest
Test your knowledge of EPCOT by playing the new in-game EPCOT Quest! To play press the Quest button ('Q') on the VMK Player Interface Bar, then select the EPCOT Quest from the list. Answer all ten questions correctly and you can win an Epcot Guest Room!

New Quest are released each week and will run until March 31st, so get in the game and get Questing!

New EPCOT Quest launches on March 5th and March 12th.

Taken from the Newsletter section of the Wiki - 5th March :D

Xiaolin
06-30-2007, 01:29 PM
March 5th,
March 12th,
March 19th,
March 26th.

:D

By the way, I just edited it.

Facnyface
06-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Ok great thanks, saved me the time.

Xiaolin
07-01-2007, 12:32 PM
You're welcome. ;)

prisoner
07-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Maybe you can just look on the wiki at the VMK Time line?

True but it says Feb - april which is wrong, the quest was released in march and only aviable in march.

Nope. The quest was released in February, and until "the end of March", which actually ended up being the second day of April since 1 April was a Sunday. We mark something as "retired" the day it is no longer available, not the last day it was available.

March 5th,
March 12th,
March 19th,
March 26th.

:D

By the way, I just edited it.

Ok great thanks, saved me the time.

You're welcome. ;)

Except, of course, you added more time to what Spin and I have done to undo these incorrect changes. :)

The first quest was released on the date noted. Schmoofy added that entry on the 19th (http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php?title=Timeline_and_Important_Updates&oldid=15218) and then I added the room and fixed the date a few hours later. If you're trying to tell us we saw something 10 days before it was released - I'm telling you we don't have that kind of power. :)

Want more facts supporting the 19th? How about this newsletter article (http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Newsletter_19_February_2007#EPCOT_comes_to_VMK) from the 19th. Go look at the newsletter from the week after (http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Newsletter_26_February_2007#What_about_EPCOT.3F) too. Then go look at the edit dates in the wiki for the newsletters.

So, to conclude - PLEASE make sure you have your facts straight and are sure about them before making changes to the wiki. This is our credability (and yours) on the line here, everyone. Lets keep DOW a resource that people can trust for accurate information. (And, I should note - you're doing a great job doing exactly that. Just be careful about "fixing" already correct stuff.)

Xiaolin
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Gotcha prisoner. ;) Thanks for the 411.

SpinMarty
07-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Also I think that you will find that most of the item/quest release information from at LEAST September 2006 to the present are correct. It is the early time of VMK up through the summer of 2006 that might not be 100% accurate yet. That is not to say that there might not be the odd mistake or two, but dates are accurate.

Our DOW wiki was started early March 2006 and it took a few months to formalize how it was going to be formatted. The early editors were trying to add information quickly, etc.. BTW, how do I know the September date as being the start of it being the most accurate? If you look at the time-line you will see that prices were no longer included with item releases. That is when we were getting more gung-ho about formatting and such!

Facnyface
07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
yea, but thew epcot quests says feb - april which is a lie it was released in march - march.

SpinMarty
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
yea, but thew epcot quests says feb - april which is a lie it was released in march - march.

Did you read the newsletters that Priz linked to?

The first Epcot quest was Feb 19. The last ended on April 2 (reason, April 1 was a Sunday and it was still there so it then retired on Apr 2)

So, no lie :)

prisoner
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM

I'm sure you don't mean to be calling me a liar. :)

But perhaps I am incorrect. If so - please provide proof of your assertion that it was only during March, and not during the dates I cited. I've provided proof otherwise, but feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

Facnyface
07-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Never said you or anyone was wrong. But I do know that atleast 3 of them were in march.