View Full Version : VMK Cards and In-Park Quest

Monorail Red
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Has anyone noticed that the number of cards that are awarded for in-park quests have decreased? First series there were an average of three cards per quest. Series two it was two cards. Yes, I know pirates were large. Now with series three it is so far one card.

I do not know about you but I am not about to fly to DL or WDW for only one card. OK two if you count the rewards card. Which brings me to the second issue... Have you see e-Bay lately? The prices they are asking for the cards? It appears, as usual any players not near a park will pay through the nose for the cards. And what is up with the Stitch set? I saw one person selling 6 sets in six separate auctions. How can that be? The auction did state that the person was from Califorinia.

Can something be done about this? I have a family of 5 and we all play VMK and collect the cards. If I want to complete Series 2 for the whole family it would cost me about $1,000.00. Is this really what Disney and Yavn had in mind.

I am pretty sure that I will not hear from Disney or Yavin about this but something needs to be done. Am I the only one who feels this way? Please let me know.

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading. :wave2:

StitchMad
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Haha, we were last at Walt Disney World and we were saying exactly what you just said!
Sorry VMK.. but ONE card is cheap. Myself - I would not go to the parks for one card per quest.
I remember the days when we got about 30 cards per ticket. Oh gosh.. now we get 12.
Before the ebay promotion there was around 3 pages of VMK items, now - there's about 8. The ebay promotion has had a big impact on VMK.
But please, Give us some more cards!! :D

CaptMagic
05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
One card is so cheap it. And making the land quest retired.. u barely get anything.
( We need more card deperatly ) ;)

Neoteny
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, and they seem to have skipped card #2 of 30.

MagicMonkeys
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Hmm,now I bet Series 4 will have 1/2 cards...Get the other half by completing another quest! Then 1/4...Get the other 3/4s by completing 3 more quests! Soon it will decrease to 0,LOL.

autoalice
05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
It is very depressing how few cards there are now.
I enjoy collecting the cards as much as the stuff the codes are for. I think they're cool.
Only good thing is we live close enough to Disneyland that we go often, annual passes ;)

Sdude
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
i also dont really like that when i heard the tomorrow land quest was coming i was like o sweet 3 more cards and then i heard th new pirate quest i was like yes maybe even 7 more cards now but it was only 1.

Also same thing wit autoalice i live close to WDW (bout 1/2 hour drive)
and im going to MK after my field trip to seaworld

Tach
05-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, I remember when a trip to a Disney park was reward enough.

Kidding.

I do think that it seems like the In-Park Quests and awards are getting rather skimpy, however, we don't know what the reason for this might be. It's probably not due to a lack of popularity- I always see people at the VMK Kiosk at Disneyland- but if the whole purpose of VMK is to get people to visit the theme parks, you'd think they'd push reward cards a whole lot more.

NeonKnight
05-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I know I want more cards, but at the same time are we not getting cards because they are focusing more on in game developments instead of in park things. That may make it fair. And hopefully get alot less things on ebay and more about in game VMK.

autoalice
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I know I want more cards, but at the same time are we not getting cards because they are focusing more on in game developments instead of in park things. That may make it fair. And hopefully get alot less things on ebay and more about in game VMK.

This is a good point.
There has been a good deal of grumbling from people about how inpark heavy things were and the whole ebay problem. Maybe this is their solution to the problem.

Neoteny
05-11-2007, 06:32 PM
This is a good point.
There has been a good deal of grumbling from people about how inpark heavy things were and the whole ebay problem. Maybe this is their solution to the problem.
But the whole reason for VMK's existence is to drive people into the parks! Isn't it?

autoalice
05-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Didn't say it was a perfect solution ;)