View Full Version : Anyone having this problem?

hulajenny
05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Everytime I try to go see the new posts, this Stack overflow window pops up beforehand. I'm wondering if it's on my Computer's end or if it's something with VMKForums. Anyone have any information on this problem or suggestions on how to make it stop, it's getting annoying now. This only pops up on VMKForums, and I've tried cleaning my temporary internet files and everything. This window pops up everytime I try to access New Posts. Can anyone help or have any info?

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1208/untitledel9.png (http://imageshack.us)

Alienboy
05-07-2007, 11:13 PM
it could be a cause of your computer running out of memory OR a config. setting in the start up. How experienced are you with comps?

hulajenny
05-08-2007, 02:11 AM
No, I'm not really. I have had this little window coming up saying that my Virtual memory or low, or something along those lines, but I don't know what to do. If that could be the problem?

Alienboy
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
It might be it might not. RIght now Im going to ahev to say yes, Ive never seen this Line error and thats what some people have said/ and what Ive seen when I it looked up. Your Virtual Memory is like that RAM stuff you hear about 128mb, 256mb, 512mb, 1gb etc. You have to many programs running thats using up your RAM and VMK uses a good amount, Try exiting out of some stuff or ending some tasks in the taskmanager that YOU KNOW what they are and not needed

PaperClip
05-08-2007, 10:00 PM
What Alien said. I would reccomend 256mb+ for VMK etc. Also, IE7 takes up quite a bit of RAM. You are using IE7 as I can see. You might want to reinstall it, or just go back to IE6. (I have a few computers still on IE6, don't feel bad).

hulajenny
05-10-2007, 06:36 AM
I think I get it Alienboy and Paperclip, thanks for the info, I saw that it said my virtual memory is running low, is there a way I can clean it out to make space somehow, like the way you would run a cleaning out temporary internet files or something?

Alienboy
05-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I think I get it Alienboy and Paperclip, thanks for the info, I saw that it said my virtual memory is running low, is there a way I can clean it out to make space somehow, like the way you would run a cleaning out temporary internet files or something?

Theres programs what can do that and what not but if your not experienced with computers than dont use them because if you make the wrong setting you could freeze up your computer and stuff