View Full Version : VMK computer help...

oreocrunch257
03-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Well, since now I haven't been able to get on VMK for 3 weeks now, I contacted VMK and they asked if I had the minimum requirements:

Does your computer meet our minimum requirements? To play VMK we recommend that you have:

* A connection speed that is DSL or greater
* The latest version of the Shockwave plug-in. If you need Shockwave, you may download it here
* Have a screen size of at least 1024x768
* 1.5GHz CPU or faster, 256MB RAM or more, and at least 2GB free hard drive space
* Have one of the following browser versions: Internet Explorer 5.0 or 6.0, Netscape 7.0 or greater, Firefox 1.0 or greater

Everything else I checked, except the 4th option. I don't know where to go on my computer since I'm not really a computer geek...
Could someone plz tell me where to find that info?

wombat
03-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Go to Control panel, Double click on system and select the general tab. That should show you your processor speed and ammount of memory. Then go to my computer, right click on your hardrive (usually C:) and select properties for avaiable disk space. This is assuming you are using windows.

papersouls
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
just by right clicking on 'my computer' and properties, should give you all the info in the same spot.. you dont need that first step

PaperClip
03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Also, for the connection speed, verify that you are still getting the maximum output of it, by Googling "Speed Tests." Then choose one of those, and you can see what your modem and/or router is putting out.

oreocrunch257
03-10-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the info guys, but I still cannot get onto VMK.......>_>.... Maybe it has something to do with the type of Shockwave? I uninstalled my Shockwave and installed Shockwave 10. Does it have something to do with Shockwave?

Mix
03-10-2007, 06:42 AM
So what exactly do you mean when you say you can't go on VMK? Can you visit the VMK site? Can you get the login screen to popup? Do you get past login? Does it load at all?

oreocrunch257
03-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I can visit the VMK site, I can login, it loads, it updates, and then....it crashes after all that.>_>...It has been doing that for 4 weeks now.

Mix
03-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I can visit the VMK site, I can login, it loads, it updates, and then....it crashes after all that.>_>...It has been doing that for 4 weeks now.

How long did you wait? Today it took five minutes of black screen between "updating" and "map screen" to get into VMK.

oreocrunch257
03-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I wait for the loading and updating...I already tried right now and it crashed.

dreamytime
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Have you deleted your cookies? (Internet options clear personal data)
Sometimes that will help.
Also, restart your computer, disc clean-up and defragment (both are under start - program files - accessories - system tools)
Good luck.

Mix
03-11-2007, 10:58 PM
On a modern Windows box with average use, you shouldn't need to defrag (especially just to get VMK to run).

I would recommend running Ad-aware and Spybot. Also, try using the most recent version of Firefox if you aren't already.

Shopping_sweetie
03-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Its all about being patient if you want to get on

oreocrunch257
03-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Its all about being patient if you want to get on

VMK has been acting like this on my computer for 4 weeks now.
Thx for the information guys, I will try that.