View Full Version : Which is your least favorite park?

PurpleMonkey
09-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Which is your least favorite park at WDW?

Mine would have to be Animal Kingdom. I didn't like any of the rides there and the animals I could see at our local zoo. Though, I will have to go back to ride Expidetion Everest... whenever it opens.

Here is my thoughts on all of the parks:

Magic Kingdom - This is my personal favorite because of all the classic Disney rides. My favorite ride would have to be Space Mountain, even though the one at Disneyland is better IMHO. Splash Mountain is another favorite that I have to go on. This park is really great!

Epcot - Even though many people like this park, I find it boring. People are always saying that Test Track and Mission Space are amazing, but I didn't find the rides that great. Test Track felt like I was in our car and I have been on a ride just like MS at our carnival. Last time I went there wansn't soarin', but I have ridden at CA and I loved it! I like the different countries and it was fun walking around.

MGM Studios - The first time I went here I thought I was missing something because it seemed so small. Even though the park is small, It has the two best thrill rides throughout WDW. Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster are really fun. I didn't get to spend much time in this park so I cannot comment to much.

Animal Kingdom - This park is little boring in my opinion. The Dinosaur part doesn't seem Disney to me because there isn't that Disney touch. The rides are mild and there wasn't any good rides there. The only part I liked was the Safari, which was pretty cool. Dinosaur (the ride) I didn't like, It wasn't worth the wait.

-PurpleMonkey

CuteHaliey
09-16-2005, 10:09 PM

Mine would have to be Animal Kingdom. I didn't like any of the rides there and the animals I could see at our local zoo. Though, I will have to go back to ride Expidetion Everest... whenever it opens.

-PurpleMonkey
I must agree! i really don't like Animal Kingdom!

joeyespn
09-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Animal Kingdom and me do not match! I am a disney fanatic but AK no!

Everytime joeyespn goes to AK he gets sick.

The safari is great though.

People go to Epcot and then on Soarin'! That is true Disney!

prisoner
09-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I find its a tie between MGM and AK.

AK needs a lot of maturing still - it is still a VERY young park that was opened without much to begin with, and is still trying to get stuff. And some of what it has is... well... bad. But I find the attention to detail incredible, and it captures the exotic flavor splendidly. But it is sorely in need of more rides, and particularly a dark ride. I'm very dissapointed that Everest will just be a coaster (and not a particularly innovative one, from what I've seen), and not have a dark ride component for smaller kids - seems like a lost opportunity.

MGM just depresses me every time I go there. It feels small, and it is. It feels badly themed, and it is. But it has one of my favorite restaurants (Prime Time Cafe) and some pretty good attractions.

Jacky
09-16-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't enjoy AK much... I enjoyed Dinosaur though, maybe just because I miss Indiana Jones so much. But MGM is a bit boring after a while, I just really enjoy the Great Movie Ride and Rockin' Roller Coaster. As for Prime Time Cafe prisoner, I didn't have the best experience there. I still can't say I was happy with the name I was given there... lol

prisoner
09-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't enjoy AK much... I enjoyed Dinosaur though, maybe just because I miss Indiana Jones so much.

See... and I found Dinosaur a bitter dissapointment (even when it was named Countdown to Extinction, a much better name). Incredible queue! But the ride was silly. And I didn't ride Indy until much later - and found Indy a much better attraction.

But MGM is a bit boring after a while, I just really enjoy the Great Movie Ride and Rockin' Roller Coaster.

There are other things I like there (WWTBAM, ToT), but boring is a pretty good way to describe it. I find the shows unimpressive - and just bizzare in a park about the movies.

As for Prime Time Cafe prisoner, I didn't have the best experience there. I still can't say I was happy with the name I was given there... lol

I'm sorry you think that, Skippy. :) But if you had eaten your peas like Aunt Emma said, you could have gotten that awesome dessert.

Jacky
09-16-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry you think that, Skippy. :) But if you had eaten your peas like Aunt Emma said, you could have gotten that awesome dessert.

LOL. Actually, I was named "Mary Margaret" (is that spelled right? anyway, my friend and her sister were two other "Mary"s) And I had eaten all my hot dog but she decided to try and stuff some of the soggy fries in my mouth anyway :shifty: So that would be my least favorite place to eat at the parks...

SoarinSoarin
09-17-2005, 01:10 AM
well i thought AK too but this is kinda on topic how do u add a poll to ur thread i dont know how to do it yet plz help pm me how to do it

soarinsoarin

gilligantrips
09-17-2005, 01:04 PM
AK just needs more rides. After your first time there, it is not a day park. If you have gone on something, then you are not going to do it again. Seriously, we went, and we left by 12:00pm. We did like three rides, and then we were done because the others we did the year before we didn't like. Oh well. MGM also needs a pick-me-up ride.

F0REVERL0ST
09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
AK just needs more rides. After your first time there, it is not a day park. If you have gone on something, then you are not going to do it again. Seriously, we went, and we left by 12:00pm. We did like three rides, and then we were done because the others we did the year before we didn't like. Oh well. MGM also needs a pick-me-up ride.

I agree. When Animal Kingdom gets a couple new rides, it will be more of a "day park". I agree MGM's main attractions are TOT and Rockin' Roller Coaster, but they could use another.

DisneyMasterKevin
09-17-2005, 01:13 PM

-PurpleMonkey

Yeah I agree a lot, animal kingdom isn't that fun but if the poll was what was your favorite park I would pick magic kingdom it rules!

Brer_Nick
09-17-2005, 01:21 PM
it's tough. i like the ride dinosaur in animal but i like the rides mission space and test track:confused:. oh i guess my least favorite is animal kingdom

DisneyMasterKevin
09-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Brer Nick I saw you on VMK Surviver remember me guestkevin?

Oranges
09-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Aw, Animal Kingdom is great! I think the older you get the more appreciative of it you get. I really like all of the parks so I can't say which one is my least favorite.

MinnieMagic
09-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Ok my favorite park has to be MK! Im still a BIG kid at heart. My least favorite is AK....not because its bad or anything, but they need more things. Maybe when Expedition Everst comes and a few more things it will turn around for me. :)

TheIncredible
09-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I visited Walt Disney the summer of last year for the first time. It was my dream vacation come true! Now, since I am a Disneyland freak, I compared most of WDW to Disneyland and other California parks, and therefore my least favorite park was influenced by that.

Just about all the attractions at the Magic Kingdom are similar to Disneyland's attractions, but that's what makes that park so great. Epcot is by far my favorite WDW park since there is truly nothing like it in California. Although there are few attractions, Animal Kingdom is beautiful, and it captures the habitats of the animals like it's supposed to.

That leaves Disney-MGM. Disney-MGM Studios is small and more than half of the attractions are at Disneyland, but nothing seems special there. It's like a "been there, done that" feeling. I guess it must be because California is home to the actual Hollywood. Plus, Disney is losing its contract with MGM, I believe.

WDWFutureGirl
09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Epcot - Even though many people like this park, I find it boring. People are always saying that Test Track and Mission Space are amazing, but I didn't find the rides that great. Test Track felt like I was in our car and I have been on a ride just like MS at our carnival. Last time I went there wansn't soarin', but I have ridden at CA and I loved it! I like the different countries and it was fun walking around.

Un quote

Hey i love epcot my least is AMK

futureimagineer1117
09-18-2005, 12:54 AM
I love every park except AK. I only like the River Rapids, Dinosaur (which is ok) and when it opens i will try Expididtion Everest.

My fave is a tie between MK, Epcot, and VMK of course!

skaterkidcky0
09-18-2005, 01:29 AM
MGM just depresses me every time I go there. It feels small, and it is. It feels badly themed, and it is. But it has one of my favorite restaurants (Prime Time Cafe) and some pretty good attractions.

My family and i loved the Prime Time Cafe...we went to mgm twice and we ate there twice...i didn't get to go to many different restarents because it was my first time at wdw

now it is my sister typing... Ok i say that don't be mad at me but i (cheerchickhi) didn't really prefer magic kingdom. i go to a six flags every year and magic was only alittle bit better... i am not the biggest rollar coaster fan and i went on splash mountain first at magic than space (that was only good the first time. i went on it twice.) then i went on thunder , but if anything i should have went on thunder before space. than i went to mgm and i loved the rockin rollar coaster... magic was really big but not for me. i loved mgm.

in order favorite to least... MGM, magic, animal, epcot

Epcot is last because i didn't get to go on test track or mission space. (I had a ear ache)

i like the rapid ride at animal but i disliked the dinosuar ride. i love the one that u would sit in like a tea cup and it would spin while u were on as rollar coaster.. i think it is called dino rama??

ok i really didn't like magic kingdom because when i first knew that i was going to wdw i did so much research that i like almost memerized all the rides. i love stitches great excape and the real jungle cruise (its like good but not the best...good for a ride for u to rest ur feet) i am almost a teen that is why... i am different..............my mom almost made me go on its a small world. she pulled me on peter pans flight i was afraid the the thing was going to fall off. i loved the fireworks at magic kingdom on the forth of july. i can't like think i will most likely update this soon...

Mickeys Pal
09-18-2005, 03:34 AM
I think Magic Kingdom's rides are kinda mild more sit down and watch like for kids. MGM is cool it needs more stuff dealing with tv shows or reality show (which I love) but I liked RRC and I Loved the thrill if ToT. Epcot we did one day which was ok we did sit down rides. Basicly only future world expect a few rides like The test track and The living seas or something. Since this was our first time to WDW well Flordia too (we went this past summer we did the Celebration thing) we didn't have time for AK but will be going for holidays '06 and no matter what I gettin' on that new coaster lol. But overall I like MGM for ToT. Also when we go back we will be going to parks that have more rides like ToT like Universal because I my opinion WDW is more for kids and if you like it there is nothing wrong with that its just that need my thrills from my Thrill rides like ToT XD!

Tyrann
09-18-2005, 03:43 AM
I found AK the most boring. It just didn't feel Disney. My favorite is Epcot believe it or not. I love World Showcase, plus Spaceship Earth and Mission Space (Intense, but very fun ride, my Mom never wants to go on it again. LOL)

My favorite out of the whole park would have to be Blizzard Beach or Downtown Disney. I love how I can get to a New Yorkish place and I love visiting big cities, all the flashy lights and signs. Oh and there is a Wetzel's Pretzels, and that makes any Disney day complete! :D

AceAstroWizard
09-21-2005, 07:48 PM
1.Magic Kingdom- For the classics,Big Thunder Mtn. and Splash Mtn. mostly.
2.MGM Studios-Really neat shows and rides, I loved The Great Movie Ride and Who Wants to Be a Millionare:Play It!
3.Epcot-World Showcase is too long to finish and can get a little boring, the other rides are great but Soarin' takes the cake.
4.Animal Kingdom-A little boring but the Safari and Dinosor boost it's score a little

Nice overveiw of the parks, don't you think? :happy:

nicedolphin
09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I have NEVER EVER been there so i can not really say!! :(

dmeets
09-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Even though I enjoy all four parks, my least favorite right now is MGM Studios. Even though Animal Kingdom is short on rides, the Safari ride alone is practically worth the price of admission for me.

In my opinion, the Studios has sadly gotten worse over the last few years. I really really don't like the giant Sorcerer's hat blocking the Chinese Theater, I think it's the only thing on the planet tackier than the wand on Spaceship Earth. Also, the Animation and Backstage Tours are mere shells of their former selves. I really enjoyed the park when it was a working television/movie/animation studio. Now it just seems like a larger version of the Hollywood Pictures area of DCA. There are only a small handful of unique attractions (even though I LOVE Rockin Roller Coaster and Great Movie Ride).

Now don't get me wrong, I would still visit MGM every time I go to WDW. But if for whatever reason I only had a short amount of time there and had to omit one from my vacation, I'm afraid I'd have to go with that one. I agree though, that there are some neat restaurants there. In fact, I'd say it's second only to Epcot in terms of food.

SuperTink
09-24-2005, 06:44 PM
In my oppinion there isn't one thing i'd like to change for any of them! they're all so unique and interesting! I can't even say I have a favorite, they all are just pure, pure magic! :)

Oranges
09-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I think the wand on the EPCOT globe was neat, but that's my opinion...

I really do enjoy all of the parks, but EPCOT has very little to do there, and though it is fun, I don't think I could spend my entire day there.

Off Topic- I think Blizzard Beach is the better of the two water parks.

SteelersYOYO
09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
They are all great! I dont have a least favoirite!