View Full Version : "CL_" usernames

Silly Princess
09-15-2005, 12:52 AM
As of today, no new vmkforums accounts can be made using "CL_" in username.

Existing and new users who are Community Leaders and would like to use (or continue to use) "CL_" in their usernames MUST be verified through one of our Moderators in-game.

This is to prevent any potential abuse of the "CL_" usertitle. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

vmkforums Moderating Team

Skaterooni
09-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Your just making me happier and happier by the day!

Danola
09-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Ah, that makes things alot better. :)

Minay
09-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Yes, thank you. Everybody who is signing up is using their usernames because they want people to find them better.

Oh yeah, news..
Instead of your not ready yet.. my application actually went through. Wish me luck!

Thanks Silly Princess,
Paris

AshleyM
09-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Cool! Thanks SP! :)

Gotsumgame
09-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes, but does that mean you can't have what i have: Now CL_Gotsumgame.?

Poseidon
09-15-2005, 01:23 AM
And the Mod of the year award goes to...

LOL, Thank you. I've seen a spur of people who are infact not CL's, signing up.

Silly Princess
09-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Don't thank me, it was Kid Bugs' idea...I just posted it. ;)

Poseidon
09-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Took all his hard work didn't ya? LOL.

But once again, this is a great idea. I've seen some people think they can assert authority just because they have CL_ infront of their name.

Becky
09-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Took all her hard work didn't ya? LOL.

-cough- In case you misunderstood KB(Kid Bugs) is a he not a she ;)

And thanks KB, and the whole moderation team!

-Becky

PS: "Last edited by Poseidon : Today at 08:50 PM. Reason: What gender change? 0_o"

I posted at 8:44 PM, and you edited at 8:50. Nice try on misinterpreting KB's gender :Tongue:

Jord
09-15-2005, 01:59 AM
well finally all of that pretending to be a CL or acting more popular with CL_ can stop. I mean due to the fact that these people just want the attention,not the helping part and people will ask them to help (newbs that is) i applied because i want to help people with their rooms or any other questions they might have,not just the attention

SpinMarty
09-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Now if you could do the same for those forums members with VMK before their name (so as to not confuse staff members with players).

CaptainBob
09-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Now if you could do the same for those forums members with VMK before their name (so as to not confuse staff members with players).

Yea, that drives me crazy!:steering:

-rcv-
09-15-2005, 07:22 PM

I wasn't aware that staff members had "VMK" in their names. Of course, I've never seen a staff member when I was online. I think they avoid me. Something about an incident with Evil Kid Bugs cleaning out the bottom of the Elephant's Wading Pool...

Anyway, there are legitimate reasons why someone would put "VMK" in their username. There is no honest reason for someone to put "CL_" in their username, if they are not a Community Leader.

These are the users who currently have "VMK" in their usernames:

A VMK Fan
AliceInVMK
BestOfMe_VMKer
footballvmkboy
futurevmk
i like vmk
IHeartVMK
Kewl_Vmk_Dude
Mr.VMK
olpmcgvmk
partyatvmk
QueenVmk123
The VMK Fan
VMK
vmk freek boom
Vmk's kailyee
vmkcoolgirl
vmkdude789
vmkiscool
vMkLova88
VMKManiac
VmkMasta101
VMKPinky
VMKPrincess
vmkrox6565
vmkruler2342
vmkvmkvmk
Vmk_Eviie
Vmk_fan_dude
VMK_jster
VMK_KrazyLuke
vmk_lover_beth

The worst problem I see with any of those names is a lack of creativity. Others are actually kinda cute.
If there is a problem with users trying to pass themselves off as being an "official" because they have "VMK" in their name, I'll certainly do something about it. Evil Kid Bugs still has some "stuff" left over from the Elephant's Wading Pool incident.

-rcv-
Kid Bugs

GreatGatsby
09-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I had already brought up the VMK_ names to the other moderators because we had a couple of blatant impersonators using actual VMK Admin names, but the discussion proved there was little confusion on the forum about those names VMK_* remotely being VMK staff.

The problem is I had already damaged my proposal about the VMK names by publically stating that Sulake has a rule about VMK admins becoming members on fan sites. That means you will never see a real VMK admin named VMK_* on this site.

Subsequently, there should never be any question about identity of the VMK-named members.

SpinMarty
09-16-2005, 05:54 AM
OK cool. I was just curious. I am aware of official VMK staff not doing the forums, but some people may not be aware. I also never saw anyone trying to have "VMK" before their name trying to pass as an official person so know that it is not a problem (as some of the "CL" names are.) But I have seen the supposed "staff members" trying to pass themselves off in here. Not succesfully I might add.

Thanks again for this decision - it seems as if you are thinking of the forum members and what is best to make this a safe place.

coolalex11
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
codes pirate room :piratesk: As of today, no new vmkforums accounts can be made using "CL_" in username.

Existing and new users who are Community Leaders and would like to use (or continue to use) "CL_" in their usernames MUST be verified through one of our Moderators in-game.

This is to prevent any potential abuse of the "CL_" usertitle. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

thegoof
09-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Cool deal, I understand desactly where you are coming from.

crushandgush
09-17-2005, 12:32 AM
i thought this was a bad idea at first but it is a very good idea im not happy when ppl but like EX.vmk_anniefan2 or like cl_yavn (yavn is a cl but does not have the title cl_yavn) :CastMem:

PinkTinkPixie
09-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Don't thank me, it was Kid Bugs' idea...I just posted it. ;)

does anyone else notice that the mods always post other mod's threads? :mickeymo:

Lemonzilla
09-25-2005, 07:01 PM
As of today, no new vmkforums accounts can be made using "CL_" in username.

Should have joined earlier I guess...But what is it?

MaliaMike
10-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I don't have CL_ in my user name, but I do have in my signature. Do I need to be verified to keep it there?

I am CL_MaliaMike on VMK.

nausicaa
10-08-2005, 01:34 AM
MaliaMike is right, I have spotted him a couple times grabbing credits :P
Off Topic:It strikes me odd that every time I go to the Jungle Cruise game lobby, I see somebody credited as either "famous" or "well-known.

guestgrl
10-10-2005, 03:22 AM
lol if it was me i would pick famous! :Tongue: its a nice name for me lol

wat do ya think?

- again guestgrl was here!-

hmm i am still going with famous just so ya know

- guestgrl wants a suggestion-

SplasherForFriends
10-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Cool! Thanks SP! :) If you get the "CL" in your name then literally ppl always ask you things. Well that isn't the point that point is: Why won't everyone be a Community Leader? I mean if they sign up they wanna be a "CL" so why won't let the ppl (i wanna be a Community Leader, but they won't let me!)
Well that's all i have to say! Thanx for listening to me:wave2: :wave2: :CastMem: :wave2: :CastMem:

I wasn't aware that staff members had "VMK" in their names. Of course, I've never seen a staff member when I was online. I think they avoid me. Something about an incident with Evil Kid Bugs cleaning out the bottom of the Elephant's Wading Pool...

Anyway, there are legitimate reasons why someone would put "VMK" in their username. There is no honest reason for someone to put "CL_" in their username, if they are not a Community Leader.

A VMK Fan
AliceInVMK
BestOfMe_VMKer
footballvmkboy
futurevmk
i like vmk
IHeartVMK
Kewl_Vmk_Dude
Mr.VMK
olpmcgvmk
partyatvmk
QueenVmk123
The VMK Fan
VMK
vmk freek boom
Vmk's kailyee
vmkcoolgirl
vmkdude789
vmkiscool
vMkLova88
VMKManiac
VmkMasta101
VMKPinky
VMKPrincess
vmkrox6565
vmkruler2342
vmkvmkvmk
Vmk_Eviie
Vmk_fan_dude
VMK_jster
VMK_KrazyLuke
vmk_lover_beth

The worst problem I see with any of those names is a lack of creativity. Others are actually kinda cute.
If there is a problem with users trying to pass themselves off as being an "official" because they have "VMK" in their name, I'll certainly do something about it. Evil Kid Bugs still has some "stuff" left over from the Elephant's Wading Pool incident.

-rcv-
Kid Bugs Your so right..their names have no creativity what so ever, get a cool name like "splasher" or "AndreDaBeast" "awesomecute" "Jzashia" and so on so fourth! (can you tell i'm their friend?) :CastMem: "Cast Members" are "experienced" so they can help way more then "CL_" only bc they have has time learning about the "vmk" and other ways!
-SplasherForFriends

I don't have CL_ in my user name, but I do have in my signature. Do I need to be verified to keep it there?

:mickey2: You might have to wait to get CL_ in your real name.....
-wanna-be CL_SplasherForFriends

vmkprincess2007
12-23-2005, 05:28 PM
i am vmkprincess2007 is that bad bc i dont go vmk_princess2007 ?i am not even vmkprincess2007 on vmk i am terralina.

Silly Princess
12-23-2005, 05:35 PM
i am vmkprincess2007 is that bad bc i dont go vmk_princess2007 ?i am not even vmkprincess2007 on vmk i am terralina.

Your name is fine, we're more concerned with VMK_ type names, which appear to be staff.

frenchessica
12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
my name is totally fine bc it is frenchessica and there is no vmk in it! lololololol srry i just wanted to see wat u had to say! i am truly srry if i wasted ur time!

LittleJoe
12-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Thank you to the forums for changing my name to CL_

Shanniegina
12-24-2005, 04:39 PM

Yes, I have the same question. I signed up before I became a community leader, so I just put "Now CL_Shanniegina" in my signature. Do I have to be verified to keep it there?:xmas35:

Batleth
12-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, I have the same question. I signed up before I became a community leader, so I just put "Now CL_Shanniegina" in my signature. Do I have to be verified to keep it there?:xmas35:Yes. You need to arrange a time and place to meet with a mod in-game to verify that you are a CL_.

Batleth
01-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Host_<nickname>, VMK_<nickname>, and Staff_<nickname> nicknames are no longer allowed as these nicks could be used to impersonate staff on VMK and/or VMKF. All CL_s have been verified or still pending. Well known staff names are no longer allowed such as Yavn. We are doing our best to protect our users from scammers. This revision should help hinder their activities.

Many user just obtain their CL_ status on VMK. Remember that you need to arrange an in-game meeting with a mod to verify that you are a CL_ before any name changes are done here. Most admins are too busy to do this so please pick a mod from the following list: View Forum Leaders (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showgroups.php)

Shanniegina
01-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes. You need to arrange a time and place to meet with a mod in-game to verify that you are a CL_.
Okay. I'll choose a moderator now. ;) Thanks for answering my question.

AngienLuLu
01-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much for that! I am so happy that you can not seem like a cl, but really not be!:)

AngienLuLu

VMK Quirky
02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Awesome! LOL, now there won't be a bazillion wanna-be-CL's. Haha!

totalpopstar
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
i have a friend on vmk that is so nice i really think she could make it as a
staff member! she even opened up a help room for ppl to come to with problems!

how do u get to be a staff member or CL_? bc i have many friends who are :)
i would like to be one.... how do u get to be one? do u go to ontact us or something?

JeannieV
02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I can confirm some as well, so if you see me in the game just tell me to "Remember me, JeannieV" and I will make a note of your name for VMKF. :)

Have Fun!

JeannieV

MagicalGlow
02-08-2006, 03:30 AM
hi! thanks silly..now we don't have to feel lower than the cl LOL :)

~twinklebyte~
05-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Thank you for this :)

I have been seeing a huge nuber of people "imersonating" Community leaders, or using their title when it is not a true title.
Once again, it would make things much better.

rapby60
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Ty for this it made it much better lol

snowbird
05-23-2006, 02:40 AM
i will never know to get CL cause i only have aol and never get email cause if you read it from aol you never get it :(

Jack Spicer
05-23-2006, 02:46 AM

A VMK Fan
AliceInVMK
BestOfMe_VMKer
footballvmkboy
futurevmk
i like vmk
IHeartVMK
Kewl_Vmk_Dude
Mr.VMK
olpmcgvmk
partyatvmk
QueenVmk123
The VMK Fan
VMK
vmk freek boom
Vmk's kailyee
vmkcoolgirl
vmkdude789
vmkiscool
vMkLova88
VMKManiac
VmkMasta101
VMKPinky
VMKPrincess
vmkrox6565
vmkruler2342
vmkvmkvmk
Vmk_Eviie
Vmk_fan_dude
VMK_jster
VMK_KrazyLuke
vmk_lover_beth

-rcv-
Kid Bugs
dont forget that VMK Zev character in the "v"s part of the MEMBERS

Reebee
06-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes. You need to arrange a time and place to meet with a mod in-game to verify that you are a CL_.

Hi:wave2:
I just saw this new rule. I became a Community Leader after joining VMK forums. Should I, or can I change my title here to reflect my Community Leader Status?

I have "CL_Reebee in VMK" under my name now, but I am not sure if I have been officially verified. I'd be more than happy to meet up with a moderator in VMK.

Mr Genie is on my friends list, so he can confirm that I am a CL, and that would save us from having to set up a meeting, or I'd be happy to meet up with any of the moderators.

If someone is free to meet up with me, just let me know the time and place.

Just let me know what I need to do, and I'll be happy to do it. :)

Thanks
-CL_reebee:mickey2:

Batleth
12-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Hi:wave2:
I just saw this new rule. I became a Community Leader after joining VMK forums. Should I, or can I change my title here to reflect my Community Leader Status?

I have "CL_Reebee in VMK" under my name now, but I am not sure if I have been officially verified. I'd be more than happy to meet up with a moderator in VMK.

Mr Genie is on my friends list, so he can confirm that I am a CL, and that would save us from having to set up a meeting, or I'd be happy to meet up with any of the moderators.

If someone is free to meet up with me, just let me know the time and place.

Just let me know what I need to do, and I'll be happy to do it. :)

Thanks
-CL_reebee:mickey2:It's really up to you, if you wish to change your username here to include the CL_ or not. If so, just let Mr.Genie know and he'll get with one of the admins to have it changed.

Tanimalcrossing
12-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Ah, thanks, hate seeing people saying theyre a leader[when theyre not]

Munman
01-02-2007, 05:37 AM
yay thx KB im so happy now

MagicMonkeys
05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok. This is great information!

Batleth
09-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Due to the new Yavn speaks (http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1776040) stating they are ending the CL_ program for now, we will be making some manditory name changes. Everyone with a CL_ in their name will automatically loose that in their name come Oct 24 to match that on VMK. I'll be sending out a PM to all 25 users now to give them some warning and allow them to make any other name changes they would like.

If and when VMK installs the CL_ program again, we will issue name changes at that time. Till then, NO ONE is allowed to have CL_ in their name after Oct. 24.

Batleth
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Reminder that everyone with a CL_ will have that part removed from their name. So if you are CL_somebody, your new login name with be somebody.

StitchMad
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Yay, we get 25 people called Somebody? :)

TravisSch
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Yay, we get 25 people called Somebody? :)

Maybe Batleth should of said CL_<insert name here> or something like that! ;)

Of course, if all the CL_ titles on here were changed to Somebody, then we would have a Somebody1, Somebody2, Somebody3... ;) Then that would force a once-a-year title change! muahaha!!! jk :)

kitty_cat
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
can you still sign up to become a CL now?

Batleth
10-24-2007, 08:50 PM
can you still sign up to become a CL now?
VMK has suspended that program till they revise it. Till they reactive that program, we won't be allowing anyone to have CL_ in their names.

VMKChrisssy
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Your so right..their names have no creativity what so ever, get a cool name like "splasher" or "AndreDaBeast" "awesomecute" "Jzashia" and so on so fourth! (can you tell i'm their friend?) "Cast Members" are "experienced" so they can help way more then "CL_" only bc they have has time learning about the "vmk" and other ways!

*Cough* Thanks.