Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Villans are Taking over

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Falseland ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Exclamation Villans are Taking over

A recent email from Bob Iger to top Disney executives regarding the future of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) was accidentally sent to an intern at Saratoga Springs. In the email
Mr. Iger mentioned three main areas of growth. 1.)He confirmed that Animal Kingdom Lodge will be the next DVC property and did not mention anything about the Contemporary. 2.) A new Disney Cruise Ship 3.) A 5th theme park for Walt Disney World. Disney Villains will provide the theme for the park with a majority of the rides being thrill rides.

Last edited by Falseland; 08-19-2006 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: dvc forgot to mention meaning
Old 08-19-2006, 06:21 PM
New VMK: gotghoswe

Itue is spinning in a Cursed Storm
5th theme park, Cool!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Falseland ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
this is honest someone from saratoga springs told someone who posted on another board where i found it then i poted it here
Old 08-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseland View Post
A recent email from Bob Iger to top Disney executives regarding the future of Disney Vacation Club (DVC) was accidentally sent to an intern at Saratoga Springs. In the email
Mr. Iger mentioned three main areas of growth. 1.)He confirmed that Animal Kingdom Lodge will be the next DVC property and did not mention anything about the Contemporary. 2.) A new Disney Cruise Ship 3.) A 5th theme park for Walt Disney World. Disney Villains will provide the theme for the park with a majority of the rides being thrill rides.
Without a source of proof, I'd to say that this is false information. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge will always remain as a Walt Disney World Resort public resort property. They can't just immediately make it a Disney Vacation Club resort.

The Villains park was always in the works, but the idea was scrapped after 9/11. There has been nothing released to the press as to whether or not plans have resumed.

I don't think this email was never actually sent. Iger would have been much more discreet about releasing such proprietary information to his executives.

~Oranges
Old 08-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm an imagineer!
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 2

VIP
Disneyland is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseland View Post
this is honest someone from saratoga springs told someone who posted on another board where i found it then i poted it here
It must be a rumor unless you or the person on DIS Boards have solid proof that the email was sent by mistake
Old 08-19-2006, 06:30 PM
▒▒▒▒STITCH'S #1 FAN▒▒▒▒▒

My Mood: AFK
Sdude ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
this is true a cousin of mine got it the fifth theme park will be started north of animal kingdom and is considered to be done by 2012-14 if done in time well
Old 08-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Registered+

RavenG4 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges View Post
That's still not a reliable source of proof. If Iger really did release such proprietary information, the press would be all over it and Disney would be in mud. There has been nothing on the news, radio, newspaper or any other source of news stating these facts, so I am going to take this as a false rumor. As I said before, Iger would be so much more discreet about releasing such important information on an Email. I think Iger is smart enough to know better than to post such information on the internet.

~Oranges
If you read it through, it was sent to Disney execs. Only mistakenly given to one intern. So how COULD the press be all over it? I'm keeping it a rumor for now, but this is interesting to say the least.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenG4 View Post
If you read it through, it was sent to Disney execs. Only mistakenly given to one intern. So how COULD the press be all over it? I'm keeping it a rumor for now, but this is interesting to say the least.
Yes, but the intern is in no where bound and contracted to the Walt Disney Company, thus making it perfectly legal for him to spill it out to the press. If he/she is like most people nowadays, he'll/she'll do anything to get 15 minutes of fame. If he spilled to the press about what Iger was planning, he'd be one of the biggest names in our culture today for a very long time.

Come on, tell me honestly. If you weren't bound by Disney restrictions, you'd know you'd want to spill that kind of proprietary information to the public and get rich off it. Either way, the intern would tell someone, who would tell someone, who would tell someone else, who tell some kind of media. Trust me, we'd definitely hear about it if it really did happen.

~Oranges
Old 08-19-2006, 06:59 PM
I've left and so have VMK

trainz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
but we did its on here and then someone will pass it on and it will keep being passed along on here till the press gets it lol
Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 PM
The Original ]im

Jimothy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
They could always make an Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas for the DVC.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered+

mikeb_86 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I also need proof of this, as of right now im still saying its a rumor a big rumor that its amazing!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Banned

targ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
what about the new land at magic kingdom at WDW i do have proof anyway a cm who is my friend told me when we get on the train ride and look for the new land
Old 09-23-2006, 08:38 PM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm a vacation member. I just went on the disney cruise a third time this past summer and i went to a vaction club meeting on the ship. They said there will be a third disney cruise, most likey to do the mediterranean cruise when it closes up after next summer. it starts next summer. The fifth theme park is a no, but they said they are redoing alot of park rides in all the disney parks for the year after the 50Th celebration. an example is "Space Mountain 2" at Disneyland Paris. The Animal Kingdom Lodge? They did say something about it, about added more animals and rooms, but being another DVC resort that is a no for now.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:43 PM
hollyjollychristmas (:

BlueJalepeno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've heard lots of rumours on parks, but that's new!
I've also heard that disney is considering making a Disney Over America in Texas.
I do not believe these are true, and would be shockd if they are.