Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old VMKF Magzine [Issue #3]

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
VMKF Magzine [Issue #3]

Welcome to the Third Issue of VMKF Magazine!by taylorswiftfan13
Well, this is the 3rd issue of my VMKF mag and I hope it continues! Enjoy!

Health:
Risks of Tanningby taylorswiftfan13

Tanning can be very harmful to your body. Tanning beds and tanning outside in the sun are both bad for you. Tanning can lead to skin issues. Many people use tanning beds to get tan during the winter, but the truth is they may make you look better for a while, but they are actually worse for you than tanning outside in the summer. About 90% of all skin issues are related to the UV rays that come from tanning beds and the sun. There are also ways to tell if you have skin issues. Some of the early signs are any moles changing size, color, or texture, spot that is constantly itchy, hurts, gets crusty, scabs, or bleeds, and an open sore that doesn’t heal after 4 weeks. There are also ways to prevent getting skin issues. The most important is to stay away from tanning beds and regular tanning. You can also use sunscreen or sunblock, but those can’t undo the damage that is already done. Those are a few of the risks that come with tanning and a few ways to prevent them.

Beauty:
Preventing Acneby taylorswiftfan13

There are tons of ways to prevent acne. Here are just a few of them. Wash your face twice a day with warm water and mild soap made for that. Use circular motions and don’t scrub. Another way is to not pop any pimples. If you do pop them, the infected material will go farther into your skin causing redness and swelling, and sometimes even scarring. You can also avoid touching your face whenever possible. Your fingers can leave oils which will clog up your pores and cause a pimple. Also avoid leaning against a place that touches your face, like a telephone and clean your sunglasses or glasses if you wear them often. Always wash your hands before applying any creams or makeup to your face. Another way is to avoid using scarves, hats, and other things like that because they will collect those oils. Those are just a few ways you can prevent acne.

Disney Parks:
Walt Disney World Tips and Tricksby GoodPolarGirl

*Every magazine we publish, 3 tips from the very popular game Disney Park Tips will be posted*

~If you're ever at Tomorrowland and you're wanting a tasty dessert/snack, head over to Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies located right across from Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. In my opinion, they have the best ice cream in the park! They also, according to my mom, have fantastic smoothies. Not to mention that you can reminisce a VMK memory; Right next to Aunt Gravity's Galactic Goodies is a Stitch teleporter! (I tried it, it doesn't work, they must not have put the other side down) -GoodPolarGirl

~If you plan to do a water ride [ Splash Mountain Kali ] You should that right before you leave in case you get to wet so you won't go around the park all wet. -Pinkglitter

~Try to persuade your daughters not to wear the princess dresses all day at the parks, they are really uncomfortable, expensive, get dirty easily, and just not park friendly. -EtnaGreen

Walt Disney's Quote of the Magby GoodPolarGirl

"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."

Stitch's WDW Report by Stitchco

The newest attractions at Disney World currently include American Idol: The Experience where you can try to win an actual audition ticket for the show that acts like a fastpass, Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure has reopened where you can help Kim and Ron take down a wacky villain like Dr. Drakken around EPCOT's World Showcase, or Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Parade at Magic Kingdom where it starts as a parade and ends as a celebration-all show where everyone gets to dance and sing along with all the Disney characters.
With tons more to come for the next issue, Stitchco

VMKF:
Member Spotlight: Kitriinterviewed by taylorswiftfan13

What was your favorite thing about VMK?
Trading and being with my besties :]

What was your VMK character’s name?
Kitri

If VMK came back, would you still play it?
For course

What is your main reason for staying on VMKF since VMK closed almost a year ago?
Loyalty to such a wonderful site, and the pleasure of being with it's great members.

How many times have you been to a Disney park?
Disneyland: 26 Disneyworld: 3

What is your currently most listened to song on your iPod/MP3?
White Horse by Taylor Swift

Who is your favorite artist/band?
Katy Perry

Who is your favorite author?
I don't read much, but I like really like Cecily von Ziegesar

What’s your favorite subject in school?
Debate and Political Science

Where is your favorite place to shop?
Fred Segal

What is your favorite restaurant?
Local Resturant :}

Recent Rantsby SoccerRyan

Hey guys, Soccer here with some of the latest rants on VMKF:
In "Spirit? Gone?," the rant creator argues that "VMKF's spirit is gone," "Everyones quitting," "No ones posting," and "No one cares." Some responders admitted that they have been less active because not much happens on the site anymore. They claim that they have been busy in their real lives and haven't had time to logon. Others stated that they thought the spirit of VMKF was still alive and that they themselves post and care.
In "Disney Doesn't Care?," the rant creator argues that "He [Walt Disney] cared" and used Walt Disney quotes to support it. The rant left some confused as the title implied that the creator was going to support/refute the fact that Disney cares today but instead he defended old Disney, when Walt was alive. Nevertheless, most responders agreed that current Disney does not live up to its legacy created by Walt. The rant creator defended all refutes against current Disney with Walt Disney quotes.
Thanks for reading guys and remember to rant respectfully!

VMK:

Tomorrow in VMKby UpInTheAir
Released:

Re-Released:

Music:
Top 1O iTunes downloads on April 11, 2OO9:
1. Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas
2. Poker Face by Lady Gaga
3. The Climb by Miley Cyrus
4. Right Round by Flo Rida
5. Day 'n' Nite by Kid Cudi
6. ___ Me Thru the Phone by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
7. You Found Me by the Fray
8. Blame it by Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain
9. Gives You __ by All American Rejects
1O. Hoedown Throwdown by Miley Cyrus

Taylor Swiftby CoolStormyStar

The hottest new artist is Taylor Swift, I would say… Taylor writes her own incredible songs. She has a writing partner, but all these amazing songs are still great for a young artist like her, right? Her top songs are 1. Love story 2. White horse and 3. Our song. Her newest album is Fearless which includes a lot of amazing songs. If you have never heard of her, I would look her up on iTunes or buy her Cd, because a singer like that is truly amazing.

Miscellaneous:
'How To' Help the Environmentby CoolStormyStar

Do you know how much our environment needs help?? Well, it needs a lot of help!! There are a lot of ways to help the environment! One way is to recycle! You can recycle anything like clothing, bottles, cans and paper too. Clothing can be traded with friends or taken to your local consignment store and bottles and cans can be collected and taken to a recycling garage. Same with paper it can be re-used on the other side or math tests can be paper airplanes. =] Another way in picking up trash! Do you ever see trash at the park or beach? I know I do! Well, pick it up and throw it away, it isn’t that gross just wash your hands when you are done! Helping is easy, but soon you’ll regret not helping. So, help the environment today with these tips before it’s so bad you can’t help anymore!

Just Let it GoA poem by Vivi
Take a deep breath, shake out your fear, I know that your scared
so what's so surreal?
Everyone can feel you're emotions from a mile away, your never under
the radar
but you make it seem that way.
Why can't you get over the fact that dreams can shatter
and that sometimes I think you're still the only one that matters
can you believe that when I was on the verge of leaving, I could only think about you?
If it told you the truth, could you handle it?
When you want to make memories, make them last.
because they're going to become part of yesterday's background
if you let them be.
So just let it go, and take a deep breath.
I know you've been crying, and I know that on the inside I've been suffering
But we're both going to get through it.
One day.
One sky.
One destiny awaits us all.

Thanks for reading!by taylorswiftfan13
Thanks for reading my 3rd issue of the VMKF magazine! Remember, I'm always looking for articles for the mag, so PM me if you have one or two(:

Last edited by DeputyRR; 04-12-2009 at 04:06 AM.. Reason: wording
Old 04-11-2009, 10:43 PM
♥>>DEFYING.gravityy<<♥
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Princess
FabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their headFabMariah has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Hey Tay! Fab issue and all, and I know Soccer worked hard on his article, but could you delete the part about my rant? I've kinda abandoned it... LOLz
Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Great job as usual, Tay!
I love reading this every week. :]
Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Cool issue!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks(:
And yeah, I deleted that Mariah.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Good job! Keep it up!
~cc
Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase

Bumppppp(:
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Loved it Tay! Good job putting it together!!! =] I loved it!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Loved it! You can prepare yourself to seeing me post another poem! I love the issue!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:24 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Make sure to PM Stitchco your WDW Questions! He needs some!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase

Thanks everyonee(:
Old 04-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Another awesome issue! I hope you continue to publish this magazine!

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!