Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Mega Man Star Force 3 Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Mega Man Star Force 3 Discussion Thread

EDIT: Updating this post to make it more relevant, since the game's out. :P

Hey all! I'm sorry about being gone and all; I'm often away from VMKFansite, but I still visit now and then. Anyway, as some of you may or may not know, Mega Man Star Force 3 for the Nintendo DS has been released!

The game has two versions: Black Ace and Red Joker. If any of you wanna know the basic idea of these, and if you've played previous Mega Man Star Force games, I'll tell it to you in a more simple comparison: Black Ace is the new Ninja, while Red Joker is the new Saurian.
For those who haven't played the previous, I'll make it a bit more clear; Black Ace is geared more towards agility and technique, while Red Joker is more of a "tank", so to speak.

The game focuses around a new "Noise" system, which is an interesting and powerful system, indeed.

-Noise plays a major part in battles. Dealing damage with non-elemental non-time stopping standard cards(no elemental, time stopping, mega, or giga cards work in either of the below cases) raises your Noise percentage(%), but the amount it is raised depends on the type of battle you're in:

--When battling viruses, dealing damage over and above the remaining HP that a virus has raises your Noise percentage(%) by the amount of overkill damage done (I. E. Virus has 20 HP left. You deal 80 damage.
80 - 20 = 60, so you gain 60 Noise %.)
--When battling bosses, half of the damage dealt is added to your Noise %( I. E. Deal 60 damage, gain 30% Noise.)
-Noise is normally reset to 0% after battles, but if you had over 100% Noise in the previous battle, you start the next one with 50%!(Leaving the Wave World(The World you exist in while you're Mega Man) won't cancel this 50% bonus)).

-You can gain new Noise forms after a certain part of the storyline(which also grants you your first form) by beating giant versions of viruses. In short: battles with giant viruses after a big red "WARNING" sign appears on your bottom screen can neat you a new Noise form. (As a side note: Noise Forms are based after bosses in the Mega Man Star Force series.)
--During battle, at 0.00 to 50.00% Noise, these forms give you some basic abilities and powerups.
--At 50.00% Noise or higher, they upgrade to "Vibrant Noise Form" and gain the colors of the boss they represent. In that form, you gain more power based off of what that boss could do, as well as whenever you counter a foe, you gain a Noise Force Big Bang battle card for that round. Basically, it's a powerful attack that hits a large area.
-After another storyline event, you can gain a Finalize Noise form. Finalize Noise forms are based after your version's namesake(I. E. Black Ace's Finalize form is.. Black Ace. Ditto for Red Joker).
When you activate a Finalize Form, you automatically switch to a new, more powerful folder as long as the Finalize Form is active (Said folder can include NFBBs from Vibrant Noise forms(including ones you don't have) as well as the Finalize Form's NFBB), as well as the form obviously increases your power.
Describing each version's forms:
--Black Ace, design-wise, is covered with black armor, as well as it has wings and a sword. Said wings give it the ability to float, allowing it to move over damaged or special tiles without any problems. Black Ace also auto-targets foes, so you no longer have to target them yourself!
--Red Joker, design-wise, is a red, more heavily armored Mega Man with a fire-like disc on each shoulder. Red Joker has Super Armor, making it impossible to flinch when taking damage. Joker also has Status Guard, granting immunity to all status effects.
-Both finalized Noise forms grant a more powerful Noise Force Big Bang(abbreviated NFBB) battle card than normal NFBBs.

-For those who have played any of the Mega Man Battle Network series, you'll be familiar with a new Program Advance-like system called Galaxy Advance or somesuch. If you haven't played the Battle Network series, it basically means you can combine battle cards into a single, much more powerful battle card if you choose 'em in the correct order. (I. E. In the Battle Network games, selecting a Sword, then Widesword, then Longsword would grant you the Lifesword; a sword with much more range and attack power than the swords which formed it combined!) It seems that some Galaxy Advances give you cards you can get normally(albeit probably with more difficulty), or entirely new ones. Be sure you try 'em out.

-Most of the previous Star Force features return, such as the brothers system, Link Power, etc. Sadly, the Best Combo system has been completely removed...

I'm personally enjoying this game, and have gotten the Red Joker version.

On a side note; if anyone else has Wi-Fi, maybe we could form a Brother Band(via Wi-Fi through exchanging friend codes)?

Last edited by Derejin; 07-04-2009 at 11:21 PM..
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Haha, I'm gettin it tomorrow too with my new iTouch
It'll be good to have while I'm away the rest of the week.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Just lettin' ya know; the stores around my area are getting the game a bit late; so I won't have it 'till the first of July. Still; I'm hoping to form a brotherband with some people from VMKF. I've completed both of the previous Star Force games with 100%(I. E. All cards, HM Memories, sidequests, DX Bosses(for Star Force 2), etc.), and I'm planning to do the same for this one, too. (and am planning to make a Yoshi face-icon, but probably not immediately when I start the game, so don't be surprised if my face-icon for the game is stark white for awhile. :P)

EDIT: I have Red Joker now. Anyone wanna exchange friend codes for it?

RE-EDIT: Been working on it for quite awhile, now. Beat the storyline two days ago and am working on the secret zone's storyline/getting all cards/beating R-type bosses in less than 12 seconds. Currently have Ox Noise equipped and really want to form a brotherband with someone.... :P (Also, apparently you can no longer customize your face-icon, so mine is Mega man in Ox Noise form. Pity.. or neat, from your point of view. )

Last edited by Derejin; 07-04-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Happy Independence Day!
(Also BUMP. Hoorah.)
Old 07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I'm havin some trouble.
Not story-wise, but noise form-wise.
I can't decide between keeping Rouge noise or trading for Libra noise.
I want the Mu shield and added bonus to non-elemental type cards, but I want to be able to restore health with the Libra form.
I guess I'll stick with Rouge forn :/

Old 07-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
I see; well, it's your call. If you have Wi-Fi connection, you may wanna switch away from Rouge form due to that it cannot be used if you have real-life brotherbands.
I take it you got Black Ace? :P

If you DO discard Rouge, then maybe we could form a brotherband?

Also, Rouge DOES have extremely nifty boosts normal type cards and swords. Considering there are loads of great sword cards out there, I can understand you wanting to keep Rouge. However, if you're concerned over swords a lot, you could try getting Wolf Noise. In Black Ace, there's a very small chance of actually getting wolf noise, but meh, may be worth trying.

One more thing: You can actually keep up to two noise forms at a time. In NatlAstroWave1, there is a Noism(the weird sentient beings made of Noise) that will switch you back to your previous Noise form. If you can't decide between two, then keep both, and simply talk to that Noism to switch!(I tested it; it works!)

Last edited by Derejin; 07-06-2009 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: (sorry 'bout inappropriate, Jezzi. Fixing grammar after your edit, though. :P
Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Really? Cool.
I think I'll keep Rouge until I beat the game (I'm at the Dealer base now) because it really helps a lot.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
I understand.

So, if we ARE gonna form a brotherband, then how about we exchange friend codes? I haven't gone on Wi-fi on this game yet, so I don't have it right now(to keep it short; I have to launch something-or-other on a computer to get Wi-fi to work now, and can't at this very moment, sorry), but when you can, PM your friend code to me?

I'll try to send mine over, too, once I get Wi-fi up.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Okay, sure ;D

Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Great!

Also, one more thing. Since, from what I've gathered, you're playing Black Ace, have you managed to Finalize yet?(AKA Transform into Black Ace). Just to let you know('cause I didn't until the Final Boss, for cryin' out loud), you can Finalize into your final form after you get your first Noise form, actually. Just raise your Noise% to over 200% and open the custom screen('fore Noise goes below 200%), then select Meteor Server Access or somesuch. And Presto! Black Ace+Advanced Folder for 3 turns.

If you wanna Finalize a lot(like I do.. heheh..) then fill your folder with lots of non-elemental non-time stopping cards that can dish out solid damage(Like Bigdrop3, HeavyCannon, or just anything with 100+ damage that you can hit well with) and enjoy. Like I mentioned in the above post; half damage dealt to bosses with non-elemental non-time stopping cards is added to your Noise, while you have to deal overkill damage to enemies in Virus battles. It REALLY helps to try to end each battle with over 100% Noise so you start the next battle with 50%. (For Virus battles, try weakening the viruses with your buster, then when they're as close to death as you can get 'em, unleash an attack. Though you probably knew this.. :P)

And 'cause I feel like I need to do this: if you're having trouble with boss battles, tell me which one and I'll give you hints/strategies/when you can counter 'em/etc.

AND(I keep going on, huh?) I found out that you can raise Link Power between real life brothers by battling them. I'm gonna enjoy that.. :P
If you wanna start thinking up strategies to beat me with, here's a hint: I'm Ox Noise(water-weak) and I finalize into Red Joker. I like close range, fire, sword, and break type attacks.

AAANDDD(Yet again..) I found out that the first Giga Chip you get in Black Ace(it features Acid Ace) has button commands in order to perform an extra attack. Normally, Acid Ace just charges through the field. However, if you press L twice then R before he charges(LLR), he'll perform an invisible piercing sword strike before charging. If you press RRL, he'll fire off a few gun rounds before charging. (I think I may have mixed up the commands for each, and I dunno when to input(I assume as soon as Ace appears), but I hope you can put this info to use!)
Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
When does one get this Giga card?
I want it D:

Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
You're in the dealer base, right?
Well, you get it *soon* after the base.

*sigh*.. I gotta say something else now..

If your Noise% is over 100, all your attacks pierce invisible/flinch(AKA when bosses flash after taking damage), so you can really pile on the attacks if you have over 100% Noise.

Ah, yes, and when you Finalize, you lose all the bonuses that your normal Noise form gives you until you're out of Finalization form and back to normal. Don't worry about it; you'll love the power Finalizing gives you.
(and have you finalized yet? I can't wait to fight you and watch you do it...! Black Ace looks SO much better than Red Joker. :P)
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yeah, twice
i r pwnage xDD

Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Anyone else have this game? It's considered the best of the Mega Man Star Force series by most, including me. Plus, I figure me and Buzzboy wouldn't mind having another person to form an ingame brotherband with(via friend code.)

I'm doing well in the 100% completion department: not quite there, but I have all Standard and Giga Cards, as well as plenty of Noise cards and a great folder(filled with quite a few of said Noise cards).