Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old Things That Need To Be Done

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
Things That Need To Be Done

===List of Updates for VMK's section===

I know things can be extremely busy come workdays and social lifes, but I also know all the workers here really want to see this wiki come to life, so I have created a list of what needs to be created or edited. That way we can work on finishing this thing, and then start to polish and make it look great, so far everyone is doing an amazing job. With that being said, lets begin.

* Remember important things are in the boxes, most of which the entire section needs to be created!
* The things in Bold, are the things we need created.
* Also as we edit these things on the list, please make sure to leave the titles, just delete what you did. That way we don't over edit each other. Now let's get to work!

History of VMK

We need created a Disney, Beta Testing and Pictorial Guide of Beta Furniture.

* Disney section- I think information about the studios that created VMK. I did a little research and it seems that the WDPRO had alot to do with it, so lets look for that.
* Beta Testing- I think with this, lets get some personal accounts and stories of the first days, maybe add some screenshots of the happenings, popular things, and the cool rooms, I do remember having the first ever Haunted Mansion, i'll look later for some pictures.
* Beta Furniture- I know LSpin has a pictorial guide of Discontiuned furniture, however its not just Beta, its everything. If someone wants to go through and pick just Beta out, now you have a place to put it.

Creating an Account

This is real basic, because well you can't have to much about this, so the only thing that needs work is the Creating your avatar. My plan for this page was to get screenshots of the first time you logged in. Remember the choosing of name, character, signature things like that. Lets get a pictorial guide for the newer users! Thats all I can think of for this
[edit]
Starting Off

We need created a First Time PLayers, Chatting in Game, and Editing Prefrences.

* First Time Players- is basically a check list of what players need to get used to doing each day, and maybe putting some of those Cast Member tips found on the newsletter.
* Chatting in game- Real simple page, just a paragraph of ways to get used to the dictionary, some rules about the chatting, and using the smiley faces, and emoticons.
* Editing Prefrences- I always had trouble at first changing things about the game, well lets make it easier for others, screenshots of ways to mute vmk, change it from a popup to a full screen (using firefox) things like that.

Inventory

We need created Furnishings, Pins and Clothing.

* Furnishings- basically the run down of how to take them out of your inventory and place them in guest rooms, trade requests and how to sell them.
* Pins- this is where we need to show the NPC pins and how to take off and put on the pins
* Clothing- Clothes that are not costumes, need to go here in a nice fashion.

Shops

We need created Star Traders, Its a Small world Imports and Golden Horseshoe.

* For future refrence look at the Neds and Emporium for the layout, just copy and paste and then change the information and pictures.
* Also the Emporium needs Pin pictures and information
* Also Ned's needs Posters, Pins and Specials.

We need to keep this section updated pretty often, as things change almost daily.

Exploring VMK

We need created Tomorrowland, Fantasyland and Main Street.

* I really like how Adventureland and Frontierland were created so lets keep that layout, however we need more information added those 2. and maybe more screenshots.

Games

ALL GAMES EXCEPT FOR YETI VISION AND BUZZ NEED CREATING! THIS IS ARE WEAKEST SECTION LETS

GET TO WORK( Yeti Vision still needs work on the main page, the seperate quests look
great.)

Magic Pins

We need created, Combining Magic Pins.

* We also need in Obtaining magic pins, pictures for Storm, Pirate Magic, Buried in Treasure, Snowman, Fireworks, and Inferno as well as coming soon pictures of the Treasure Finder Magic.

Trading

We need all of this section created!!

Special Events

Looks great! Of Course More info will be added as the days go by, other then that we might want to change the look for Monthly Events, not sure it just doesn't flow.

In park Quests

We need created Quests, and Locations

* Quests- Just a generalization of why VMK offers Quests, maybe mention Advergaming and of course awesome prizes.
* Locations- lets get some pictures of the VMK Central,(never been, so that will have to be by someone else, I noticed the darkbeer blog, had some great photos, maybe we can contact him for the usage.)
* Also Pirates needs the History updated
* And lets get some Pictures for the 50th Celebration Quest, we have them on the forums.

Guest Rooms

Looking good so far, but we need created Placing Furniture, Editing Options, Using Boot Option

* Placing Furniture- Guide to placing furniture with of course pictures
* Editing Options- Explain the process and why some words aren't accepted.
* Using Boot Option- main thing, is lets please clear up that booting will NOT get you banned, or in trouble with the staff.

* I think we should leave the Guest Rooms to Priz, he's doing a great job with the Guest Room
Maps, so i think Guest Room Catalog and Maps is for Priz only.

Hidden Mickeys

All of Hidden Mickeys needs creating!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
I am working on a few game guides right now, I should have them up within the next week.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide
Old 03-17-2006, 04:40 AM
A tasty bunch of kumquats

Dr.Kumquatt is as Frosty as a Snowman
I think an aproximate trading values of items could also be listed on something like that.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered+

SurfingGirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I can make a guide to Disney Hot Shot Bussiness game.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Addicted to toast
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Happy Holidays'09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Teyla is floating through Inner Space
I'm still working on Adventureland <_<

-Toashtee
<Jezibabe> she is playing mansion
<Jezibabe> like a thing possessed, which is rather appropriate at this time of year
Old 04-09-2006, 06:40 AM
<--and guess what's in it

GenieOfLamp is spinning in a Cursed Storm
more stuff on the quests would be great! I added a new section called In-game quests. Specifically, the "making your own quests" part needs work.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Is Lucky to be Home Again

My Mood: Amazed
Faithrella ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Just updated the "Creating Your Avatar" part. I still have more to do on it, but I'm working on it.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:44 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
I've made some reorganizational changes over the weekend, mostly to try and reduce duplciation and help us focus efforts in a couple of places we needed it.

In particular - the timeline is now the major starting page for recording anything that is historically based. It has acquired pictures and information from the Monthly Events page (which is now a pointer to Important Updates and should be made a real redirect), and includes the links to the Before Public Beta, Beta Testing, Beta Furniture, Special Events, and Holiday Events pages. All of these pages have now been removed from the main table of contents.

The Beta Testing page (formerly a stub) now links to furniture and the Public Release Day page. I think that the contents of Public Release Day should probably go into Beta Testing, and the former redirected to the latter... but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

The timeline really needs updating - we're a couple of months behind!

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!