Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old "Does not fit what we are looking for," registration rant

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
ish
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Errrrr
Riot is as Frosty as a Snowman
Thumbs down "Does not fit what we are looking for," registration rant

Well, recently my cousin tried to register to VMKF. He registered confirmed the e-mail yet when he typed in his user name/password it did not work.
So then he went and checked his e-mail and sure enough there was one from the forums and enclosed it said.
"You are not what the forums is looking for. You do not fir our needs."

how could they do that? Yeah I know your thinking "Just try again," well he didn't want to try again he quit. I know its wrong to be a quitter but its also wrong to turn down somebody whose application looked like everyone else's just with different information. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
This is most likely happening because of the screenname he chose. It happened to my brother two times before I suggested he tried a new one. His original choices were: AceVolleyPro and acevolleypro, but neither of these names were admitted. Later after he was about to give up I tried whipsterjbw and it was accepted.

The most likely reason your cousin's didn't go through was because of the name he chose. I think the amount of characters has something to do with it.

BTW: If you see a whipsterjbw posting around anywhere, I don't know him
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM
ish
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Errrrr
Riot is as Frosty as a Snowman
haha ok
but the name he chose was Scuba_fish
whats wrong with that?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm cheap and lazy
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 3

Wendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
We do not send out ANY email that insults users and says that they do not fit our needs. This email did not come from us or was reworded by you or your cousin:
Quote:
"You are not what the forums is looking for. You do not fir our needs."
If he had registration problems, he should contact us at [email protected] to figure out what went wrong. There are a number of reasons for registration to fail for a user and the reason you listed is not one of them. We cannot fix anything unless we're contacted and given the appropriate information to look into it.

Please have your cousin email us at [email protected] instead having you post a rant on something we didn't say, thanks.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 AM
(:

My Mood: LOL
VMKChrisssy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I doubt that someone from the fourms sent that message...

But, I hope that your cousin does end up making another account!

XxChrisssy
Old 09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
haha ok
but the name he chose was Scuba_fish
whats wrong with that?
I don't exactly know what was wrong with acevolleypro either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendot View Post
We do not send out ANY email that insults users and says that they do not fit our needs. This email did not come from us or was reworded by you or your cousin
Here is the exact quote my brother was given after signing up twice and account being terminated twice:

Dear acevolleypro,

Unfortunately your registration at VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom
Forums & Fansite did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore
your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Forums & Fansite

Like you said it isn't insulting, but I am curious as to why it was deleted yet his whipsterjbw file worked. Could you enlighten me on this?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Vampire Slayer.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: annoying
SVU-Sam is as Frosty as a Snowman
Whipstersh: Maybe it was a poser?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVU_Girl_Elphabet View Post
Whipstersh: Maybe it was a poser?
My brother's account was also deleted after he got this message.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm cheap and lazy
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 3

Wendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipstersh View Post
I don't exactly know what was wrong with acevolleypro either.

Here is the exact quote my brother was given after signing up twice and account being terminated twice:

Dear acevolleypro,

Unfortunately your registration at VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom
Forums & Fansite did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore
your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Forums & Fansite

Like you said it isn't insulting, but I am curious as to why it was deleted yet his whipsterjbw file worked. Could you enlighten me on this?
Thanks for pointing out the correct email response that users can get from VMKForums.

A reason (off the top of my head) for his account deletion is that it was an exact IP match to yours if you two are siblings and sharing a computer. We frequently get users that make multiple accounts and we sometimes get sibling accounts....generally, we expect a sibling to contact us and explain that it's 2 different people on 1 computer so that we will approve the account.

If you really wanted specifics, emailing [email protected] is the best option, because admins regularly check the emails along with approving new users. If your brother wants a name change back to acevolleypro, have him PM an admin.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendot View Post
Thanks for pointing out the correct email response that users can get from VMKForums.

A reason (off the top of my head) for his account deletion is that it was an exact IP match to yours if you two are siblings and sharing a computer. We frequently get users that make multiple accounts and we sometimes get sibling accounts....generally, we expect a sibling to contact us and explain that it's 2 different people on 1 computer so that we will approve the account.

If you really wanted specifics, emailing [email protected] is the best option, because admins regularly check the emails along with approving new users. If your brother wants a name change back to acevolleypro, have him PM an admin.
Thanks for telling me a little more about this situation.

All is well now, and he is quite happy with his username, he was just getting tired of them being deleted at the time. I was just wondering this, so that if he informs any of his school buddies about the forums that also play this game and they would get the same message, what I would tell him to do.