Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items

Collector Items Information about the special items found in VMK, the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc. Formerly Items, Badges, Spells, Pins, Furniture, Clothes, etc. forum

Old Items Better Not Released Then Being Released?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:49 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Items Better Not Released Then Being Released?

I agree with this and I think a lot of you would too. Aren't a lot of items better when they're not released then when they are? Like before those Gull Post Lamps were released, I always use to take like millions of pictures of them standing next to them saying like "Omg! Look at that!" lol and then when it came out, they get boring and you dont even really see that many. lol. Does anyone agree with this? I mean like not with that item only but I had a friend and he had a picture of yavn or a tester wearing an everest hat before it came out and the picture caption was "My dream hat!" and then when it comes out, it's boring! Do you think this will happen with a lot of other items? Like if Flying Carpet magic comes out, it's just gonna be one of those magic that everyone has like with Teleportation magic? What are your opinions?
Old 12-07-2007, 12:58 AM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think some items are better left unreleased because they are always more desirable. However with magic, I think a limited time release is better. Magic is already so rare between players and so expensive, that I think it will be still highly desirable.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
You mean anticipation of new items? Yeah, it's better than when the items are actually released. But it's the same with alot of other things, in real life. I had a lot more fun waiting for POTC3 than I did watching it, same with POTC2 and Cars and Ratatouille. The people who bought Halo 3 definitely had more fun anticipating it than they had when they got to play it.

You just have to face that the anticipation of something new is almost always better than actually attaining that new thing - it's a sad fact of life.

-Im
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if everything came out! Except for the fact that we'd never get news stuff. But, I just HATE wearing clothes that are "rare" because if you don't, people don't take you seriously. This is something that gets on my nerves, but the idea of "Look at that!" is pretty cool. Though, those new red stitch hats are a little bit ugly, so why do we melt when we see them? We WORSHIP the stitch hat, is this really what we want? Without rare, the "crime rate would come toiling down. We wouldn't have as many losses because who loses BUYABLES more than rare. Which would you rather have? That's just my view on things!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Magic Kingdom tour guide
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Halloween '09 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Epcotfans is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSofia View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if everything came out! Except for the fact that we'd never get news stuff. But, I just HATE wearing clothes that are "rare" because if you don't, people don't take you seriously. This is something that gets on my nerves, but the idea of "Look at that!" is pretty cool. Though, those new red stitch hats are a little bit ugly, so why do we melt when we see them? We WORSHIP the stitch hat, is this really what we want? Without rare, the "crime rate would come toiling down. We wouldn't have as many losses because who loses BUYABLES more than rare. Which would you rather have? That's just my view on things!
that would be pretty smart and people wuoldn't go balling if the lose something or if they can't get something
Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Silly boy.

My Mood: Woot
GoofyLuke ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I would not want everything to come out.
Then the quest to get the items you want or desire would be gone.

Imagine VMK with no trading. Some may like it, some would absolutely be quitting the game if there wasn't any trading. It just keeps you busy if your not the credit collecter.

Some items would be better if they weren't released, and I agree with what you say in your first post.

-Goofy
Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Grunge Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Curmudgeon
Flea is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Green flip hat was better not released.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Im talking about the items that are "unreleased" not the "rereleased" like flip hat how it came out again, Im talking about like Flying Carpet magic, mickey coffee table, etc.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
I do strongly agree with you Destination. I have so many pictures with different items before they were released and now they're worth nothing; they look like i just took a random picture in my room.. :l
Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
Very nice thoughts there. I must agree with this. I've always thought that people value "ideas" over "action" these days. Not always such a bad thing, but when "ideas" is all that people think about, yet don't take any time to actually make them a reality, it can turn into one.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Friends change your life.

bravenickdude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Usually most of the items in Staff Rooms will eventually be released. Although some aren't.