Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Keep Those kiosks blocked

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Trader

Riverplate is as Frosty as a Snowman
Keep Those kiosks blocked

Like the title says keep them blocked. I had a kiosk out and some on happened to get in. So they tried to do the quest as i watched. I made the answer so random. And all of a sudden she said " I got it". And so i looked in my kiosk and my minnie and sparrow hat were gone. And she never said the right answer. i dont know if it was a glitch or hack. So keep em locked.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
I'm glad I don't have a kiosk
Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh the Cleverness of You!

Born In Park
My Mood: AFK
hulamoongirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've heard this happens all of the time. Sadly, I was at a friend's kiosk trade room the other day. He left and the people in the room were telling me to do the quest so I could have everything - how cruel can people be? Like I would ever think of it!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Kungaloosh!

AdventurersClub is spinning in a Cursed Storm
If you ever use it to show your items, you should make the task a very high mini game score (ie. catch 80 ghosts or score 50,000 in Jungle Cruise). Also putting in a task to cast a rarer magic like Green Car magic. Most important thing to note is do NOT write anything in the task hint, I recommend making a challenging quest so it would be difficult to figure out.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
My Dawg

SmartLittleLaser is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yea Like I Have A Quest And It Was Hard I Even Forgot It. I Also Made The Quest So That Someone Waste 900000 Creditd
Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Best Kept Disney Secret
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

VIP
gigarichard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was one of the idiots to use the kiosk for storage over a year ago. Apprently a few weeks later they mentioned in the newsletter that you can't go past item box 75 or something around there. I went over 90. I lost TONS of stuff because I was unaware of this bug. They never gave my stuff back and they expected me to know that I shouldn't go past box 75. They shouldn't let you add anything after that spot instead of just leaving it there.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
If you ever use it to show your items, you should make the task a very high mini game score (ie. catch 80 ghosts or score 50,000 in Jungle Cruise). Also putting in a task to cast a rarer magic like Green Car magic. Most important thing to note is do NOT write anything in the task hint, I recommend making a challenging quest so it would be difficult to figure out.

Yea Like I Have A Quest And It Was Hard I Even Forgot It. I Also Made The Quest So That Someone Waste 900000 Creditd
Those are great ideas.... but you have to test your quest you know, so I wouldn't spend 900,000 credits on that plus it takes forever to add the credits up that far
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Ok, so you make a mule and add him or her as a friend, and then you make a task be to say the name of that mule (although you don't write a clue), but you'll be the only one who can say the name, because it's not in the dictionary, and the mule's not in the room or on anybody else's friends list.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:17 AM
<3 VMK <3

Sapphire Starglimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Ok, so you make a mule and add him or her as a friend, and then you make a task be to say the name of that mule (although you don't write a clue), but you'll be the only one who can say the name, because it's not in the dictionary, and the mule's not in the room or on anybody else's friends list.
Excellent idea.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Only put items in the quest kiosk if you are willing to give them away in VMK!
well it was your fault sort of... I hope u learned!
~red

Last edited by awsomered; 02-20-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
Only put items in the quest kiosk if you are willing to give them away in VMK!
Or, simply don't activate the quest. Nobody else can get into it if it isn't turned on.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Or, simply don't activate the quest. Nobody else can get into it if it isn't turned on.
People usualy use the kiosks as a display for their pins and clothing items.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveNTheMagic View Post
People usualy use the kiosks as a display for their pins and clothing items.
If the kiosk has to be unblocked and activated in order for the items to be viewed, that's got to be the worst idea in the world.

Of course an activated kiosk can always be blocked. But I'd think that would make it useless for display purposes, since then nobody can see inside.

Can anyone confirm ever having been able to view the items in someone else's kiosk when it's turned off? I didn't think this was possible.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 AM
ImJustBeeNme
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Pensive
bee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confettibee2u is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpat View Post
U can sometimes see the items though when it is turned off
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
If the kiosk has to be unblocked and activated in order for the items to be viewed, that's got to be the worst idea in the world.

Of course an activated kiosk can always be blocked. But I'd think that would make it useless for display purposes, since then nobody can see inside.

Can anyone confirm ever having been able to view the items in someone else's kiosk when it's turned off? I didn't think this was possible.
The kiosk must be turned on (activated) to view the items, but it doesn't have to be unblocked. When it's on, you can be anywhere in the room and click on the kiosk and it will show you the prizes, you just can't start the quest unless you are near it. When it's turned off and you click it you'll get a message that this quest is inactive.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
heres a few ideas;

1. make a teleporter to the area where the kiosk is then put the other porter in another room which is locked for only yourself (this helps by u not having to unblock it to get in

2. make the task incredibly difficult and as for a task description just put . it will allow u and that way u dont give hints

3. i like what neoteny said make a mule be friends him then make your mules name the answer that only u can say

4. NEVER and i mean never unblock the kiosk