Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Is There a Loss of Magic In VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Question Is There a Loss of Magic In VMK?

When I say magic, I don't mean Invisibility, Confetti, etc. I mean Disney Magic, like the joy of Disney. Some people who join VMK aren't even playing for the joy of Disney. They're playing, just to play. This is really starting to make me upset. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Why does it matter to you why other people play? You just play for your own reasons, and have fun!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Registered+

sillyup10 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't believe anything was lost.
First off we are talking about people who live all around the US. Many people have probably only been there a couple of times (DLR or WDW).

Many people play and don't care about the disney theme. All they care aboutis getting there inferno magic. However they are a few hardcore disney fans on vmk.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Well I didn't really join for the *magic*, I joined because it looked fun and I was bored. But if it is bothering you I am sorry, is their anyway I can fix that?
Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Registered+

made_To_be_me is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post Do I Really Need A Title? :p

The point of VMK is to be at Disney park/parks, but at your house, virtural, and free. It really is about the *magic* on how you can have fun at Disney parks, and still grab a drink, some pizza, lay back and relax. (also you don't have to deal about the sweat!)

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to make a point.

HAVE A MAGICAL VMK DAY!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered+

UmmYeahOk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by made_To_be_me View Post
The point of VMK is to be at Disney park/parks, but at your house, virtural, and free. It really is about the *magic* on how you can have fun at Disney parks, and still grab a drink, some pizza, lay back and relax. (also you don't have to deal about the sweat!)

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to make a point.

HAVE A MAGICAL VMK DAY!
I never had to pay to ride a real ride at WDW (if you ignore the price to get into the park) Because of this, I have never ridden a VMK ride that wasnt created by a guest (or monorail if your count that) I know the price to ride is ridiculously cheap, but like I said before, I am a HUGE tight wad when it comes to credits... ...Im saving for magic. Cant chat and make friends, got to work hard at my job being a ghostbuster.

BTW, that is the whole reason I signed up for VMK... ...so I could still have some kind of WDW experience whenever I need it. But at the real WDW a drink= $3 pizza=$8... ...just for one person, imagine feeding a family. Unlike VMK, WDW guests dont really consider the price. Luckily they bring money with them, and arent force to work at the park like they are in VMK.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 PM
WHAT THE MILEY CYRUS?!?!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Happy
monkeyfunkychunky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Deep down, it's just like the good ol' days. The reason I played was to just have fun. It was like I was in Disney World every day.

I see what you mean though. Some people really are getting competitive and such.

I don't think it's "lost it's magic".
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfunkychunky View Post
Deep down, it's just like the good ol' days. The reason I played was to just have fun. It was like I was in Disney World every day.

I see what you mean though. Some people really are getting competitive and such.

I don't think it's "lost it's magic".
I agree 100%

Last edited by awsomered; 02-16-2008 at 01:04 AM..
Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 AM
WHAT THE MILEY CYRUS?!?!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Happy
monkeyfunkychunky is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
I agree 1000%
I had to look an extra second to realized you agreed one thousand percent. Was that a typo, or do you just really like my opinion?
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yes, almost everybody sees this. But, there is absolutely no way of keeping the magic inside of the game. For example:

You just got the coolest, most awesome new video game EVER! You go off and play with it, And you love this thing for about a month. Then, the Playstation 4 comes out! OMG, you absolutely LOVE this thing! Then, your friend comes over.

Friend: Hey, I've never played with a Playstation 3 before. Can we play it before we play 4?

You: Sorry, but I'm sick of that game. I mean, It just doesn't seem as cool as it used too.

I hope you understand the moral
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
Yes, almost everybody sees this. But, there is absolutely no way of keeping the magic inside of the game. For example:

You just got the coolest, most awesome new video game EVER! You go off and play with it, And you love this thing for about a month. Then, the Playstation 4 comes out! OMG, you absolutely LOVE this thing! Then, your friend comes over.

Friend: Hey, I've never played with a Playstation 3 before. Can we play it before we play 4?

You: Sorry, but I'm sick of that game. I mean, It just doesn't seem as cool as it used too.

I hope you understand the moral
Yeah, I'm sorry, and no offense to you, but that's a really bad analogy.
I rock hard dudeee. xD
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Confused
BasketballFarrah is as Frosty as a Snowman
Same here, I just joined because I was bored, lol.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I joined because I had nothing else to do in life
Old 02-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Shake your I funny!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Winner Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park
My Mood: Neotenous
Deeda is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I joined because it looked fun and cool, and I come from a long line of Disney fanatics (especially Winnie the Pooh). You could say it's in my blood.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Guest Room Interior.

My Mood: VMK
virtualmagicguy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Isn't the whole point of VMK is to have fun and enjoy it with other players?
I'd join because I thought it's just a walk around the magic kingdom like the one in DLR.
But once I'd join I knew more about than just walking around and do quests.
I enjoy it because I spend time with friends I meet and other new companions in the near future.