Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old "Cory in the House" Casting?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
♥ DREAMER ♥

Annaso is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"Cory in the House" Casting?

Some of my friends were saying they heard about auditions for "Cory in the House". I was skeptical about ti at first, because I know TONS of people who have been involved in these sorts of scams. So, I decide to do a little research. I search and BOOM! Almost every Disney-related website has some sort of info on people hearing about casting on the radio! Did anyone else hear about this? Is this a scam?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I WANT TO TRY! im going to be the next star! LOL Annaso you never know maybe disney need more stars
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Sarahisme is spinning in a Cursed Storm
*faints*
And Raven would be guest staring..
*FAINTS*
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
♥ DREAMER ♥

Well, truth be told, I want to try as well, but I don't want to be scammed as I know so many others have been
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
I am a mom of a working kid actor. I can tell you that A Liscenced Talent Agent is your best bet.

There is a website, actually a few that we use that will get you work as an extra. The do cost money though.
You need to live in California, or be willing to fly here. A lot of these shows cast , and then they need you the next day.

I will give you the sites that Disney Uses.

NOWCASTING - They cast small roles for The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.

LA CASTING - we used them to be cast in the Cheetah Girls 2 project.

extraaccess- they are casting a Disney Channel Special right now.You need to be 12-18, to be used in this job.It is also AFTRA Union.We are probabaly doing this one.

None of those sites are free! Please get your parent to look at them.

Sandy Aleesi casting, in Hollywood is also casting Pirates for Pirates of the Carribbean 3 right now.

If you heard something on the radio, maybe it is a prize in a contest.

I heard one on Radio Disney that involved a Casting Search, they mention Brenda Song, by name. Those are companys that want you to sign up. The will then ask you to take expensive photos, acting classes and then they will TRY to get you an agent. Some eople do get lucky from these, But it is a Huge Long Shot, and the people are also working to get into show business with other agents and going on auditions.

An agent will NEVER charge you money, until they book you a job.

As for Cory in the House, I would call an Agent in the Hollywood area, and ask about it.

Cory in the House has allready been casted, the only roles that would possibly be cast would be for extras, or small walk on roles. This is a union show ,so you have to be in SAG or AFTRA to even be in it.
well i cant/can act...i want to Really bad but i dont have an agent or anything like that...someone else will get those parts and its cool your kid is a actor!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:46 AM

jdrocks ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Scam. In order to be on a disney show you have to be partof SAG (Screen Actors Guild) that means you have to have 3 speaking parts on different shows/movies/commercials non-disney before getting a speaking role on DC shows. Trust me disney doesn't just hire "anyone". LOL.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Lurker

Exoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with Confetti
Yeah, I had something like this on my radio. It gave us a name and phone number, but I forgot it. xD
Old 10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Go For It

Raderin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Catepillar does your child being a child actor take lots of time out of your days? I wanted to start moving up to the next step of acting from dinner theatre to things like T.V. shows. But I would just really guest star since I don't want to move. My mother would happily do it but she is a High school teacher for children with speacial needs so she had plenty of time of. She says she would have to give up her carrer for mine but I just don't think that she would have to do that. Do you have time for work? (She can take Fridays of since her students have it off)
Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Beach Dude

SuiteStarr is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for all the information caterpillar I might be able to use this because I am along with Rad an aspiring actor.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM
♥ DREAMER ♥

NEWS: I just heard about a Disney Talent Search. There's a website for it, I checked it out, and it looks REAL, and NOT a scam. I would post the link, but that would be considered advertising....
Old 10-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Beach Dude

omg who cares please post lol its not illegal.. caterpillar posted like 4 links
Old 10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
♥ DREAMER ♥

Yes, but caterpillar didn't post the exact website...if you want it, try searching "Talent Search - Disney Channel " on Yahoo!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Go For It

Raderin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychann...rch/index.html

This is NOT advertising because it is a Disney Owned Page I think it is a bit late for now but don't worry I am pretty sure there is another chance to get discovered at one point.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Beach Dude

thanks much rad