Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Break Down

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Hit it Skip

TheCoasterNut is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Lets see, I got stuck on the top of the "C lift" on Space Mountain. It was really cool to be able to look out at all the track and to see the silly disco balls that made the stars on the walls. This was several years ago before the rehab.
I've been stuck on the Jungle Cruise several times, everything from derailed boats, to bamboo in the river. When we de-railed they had us climb out of our boat and into another one. Kinda fun to be allowed to climb out the window on the boat.
Not at exciting but I got stuck on California Screaming at the launch section. We sat there a while, then walked back to the station.
These happened at the happiest place on earth, (Disneyland of corse)
Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

xigbar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Let's see. I was broke down in the top of the epcot ball ride at the top and had to walk down. I was stuck upside down in rockin roller coaster. Ads the ride stopped when it goes down in tower of terror.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Grim Grinning Ghost

gone_batty is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've had a few break down experiences, but I can only remember the two most recent. In Disneyland, HM broke down in the graveyard, I was stuck for a while leaning backwards in the Doombuggy facing the raven, and it was pretty comfy, and I was thinking, I could hang out here for hours!

The other was on the ride loading platform in WDW Space Mountain. Not very interesting, but they had to turn the lights on. Wow. Talk about taking the mystery out it! I also have vague memories of DLR Space Mountain being shut down and we were all taken off the ride, but I don't remember seeing anything of interest.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:14 AM
trading stitch pin. PM me

im.a.princess ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Wow coaster nut i have heard about breaking down on the jungle cruise. i read that when they shoot off the guns, they can send signals. for example 4 shots mean its been derailed, 3 shots mean out of gas, and so on of things like that. pretty cool.

and so many people have seen space mountian when the lights are on! i'm a little jealous next time i go to DLR i'll have to bring a camera so i can capture the mysterious things people usually dont see.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Hit it Skip

TheCoasterNut is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by im.a.princess View Post
i read that when they shoot off the guns, they can send signals. for example 4 shots mean its been derailed, 3 shots mean out of gas, and so on of things like that. pretty cool.
The "secret code" of the Jungle. . .

Two shots: All Clear
Three shots: Can not proceed, ie path blocked, stalled boat, etc.
Four shots: Civil or Medical emergency, all boats procede back to the dock.
Six shots: Derail

On a side note, it is not possible to derail at the Jungle Cruise in WDW
Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

AlexKZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think I'm bad luck. Every ride I go on breaks down. LOL I have broken down on the following:
BTW twice
Splash Mountain twice
Test Track three or four
Pirates too many
Haunted Mansion too many
and countless others
Old 10-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Finding My Way

TheMoth has disabled reputation
i actually broke down on BTM just recently.... I was in the first car and almost at the highest point on the second lift hill... it as pretty sweet walking through some of the caves and seeing the bat eyes were just little blinkers

i got stuck on Splash Mountain two or three boats away from the loading dock and they still took us around back. It was kind of scary seeing Brer Rabit moving around without and sound to him
Old 10-19-2006, 02:19 AM
You are what you eat ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Sno Chic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A couple of years back at Disneyland we were one of the last few people to go on the Haunted Mansion. The stretching room elevator got stuck and we went in reverse! It was the incrediable shrinking room..I wish I had a movie camera then...my sister and I were laughing about how weird that felt.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Wishing VMK were here

AstroCool_Dude ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Oh i broke down on space mountain the lights turn on and you see the track!!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Friend of Friends

SurfedUpDane is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here is something to chew on:

One time I was on the carousel when it broke down. It was crazy. We had to climb off our horses and walk out of the gate.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:37 PM

wow did you see anything interesting?
Old 12-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered+

DisneyWorldGoer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
On the car driving ride, my car broke down and I was holding about 10 people behind me up! After I got off, the same thing happened to somebody else. They had to open up the trunk and do something to the engine a few times, but it worked well enough for me to get off.

I don't know if that counts. When we were heading back from AK, a lady on our bus told us that they broke down on Expedition Everest. They had to get off the ride.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Has anyone gotten no waiting in line vouchers?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:39 PM
rawr.

My Mood: Gloomy
Misskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their headMisskayla has Fireworks shooting off over their head
I was just at WDW and nothing really happend. On the HM ride it stopped us saying something about....ghosts and what not. Then the next time we went on it, it did not stop. So...I really don't know @_@
Old 12-28-2006, 07:44 PM
░░░░░░░░░░░░

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PinkPinkNicole is spinning in a Cursed Storm
we were riding space mountain this weekend and the group right before us broke down. they let them ride again but we were really scared since we were up next.