Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Secrets of the VMK > In-Game Secrets

In-Game Secrets Clues for quests that are entirely in-game

Old HyperSpace Mountain Tips and Strategies (Spoilers)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Miracle from Molecules
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!Schmoofy has Levitated to new heights!
Post HyperSpace Mountain Tips and Strategies (Spoilers)

Okay,I have taken the early liberty to start a Hyperspace Mountain tips and strategies thread. Post all of you strategies and tips here,I will choose ones that feel great to add to the first post here,and update it constantly. Feel free posting,as I am still playing

NOTE-Look through this whole thread for tips and tricks to the game

Karo's way of playing-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Kaironzet
Finally, I finished editing Genie's Map (borrowing it with permission first).
I edited the map, and added the directions I follow to beat the game.
It might seem very difficult at first sight, but it's not if you read the following instructions first:

Begin following the WHITE line.
After you follow the white way, follow the RED line.
LIGHT BLUE is next of red.
After light blue, follow the GREEN way.
After green goes PURPLE.
Once you are done with the purple way, follow PINK.
Pink will lead you to follow the ORANGE way.
Right after orange, you find the DARK BLUE path.
In the end of dark blue's path, you get to BROWN.
Follow Brown until where the Brown line dissappears.
Here comes YELLOW, with a special direction. In order to get the 25,000 points, do the YELLOW triangle path several times, the 500 score balls will be reappearing after you go getting each other, once you get the 25,000 , follow the end of the yellow way until the saucer. Then, you're done

MrGenie's-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGenie
Thanks for compiling some tips on the new game. Here's a screenshot I put together that shows each of the nine sectors and all objects in the game (if you want to figure out the game on your own, I suggest not viewing this).

I've added some green text in the screenshot to indicate the location of each power-up and the order in which you should collect them (actually, the game forces you to collect them in this order with the exception of the fuel upgrade, and it makes the most sense to grab that one first). Ive also labeled the modules in orange and indicated which power-ups you need to have in order to get to each module (if I put a "0" by a module, it means you don't need any power-ups to reach it).

I see several of you scoring 25,000 points before you hop in the saucer to end the game, so the only other tip I want to add at this point is that the speed bonus is quite generous if you can beat the game quickly enough. If you want to be extra careful and score 25,000 points even before factoring in the bonus that will work too, but you're running the risk of crashing into something. If you can collect all of the modules in under 7 minutes, then 12,000 points is more than adequate.

With three points of data, my preliminary estimation of the bonus formula is:

18,000 points minus (your time in seconds x 10) = speed bonus.

This would imply that if you take more than half an hour, you get no speed bonus. Here are the rest of the times and bonus values implied by this formula:

I know that my formula is biased slightly upwards; to completely match the actual times/bonuses, you also need to subtract 10 or 20 points at the end of my formula (or start with 17,990 instead of 18,000). However, I prefer the simpler version of the formula in bold above. If anyone can help me confirm or refute this formula, I'd appreciate it.

The 21st Century Began October 1st, 1982
Happy 25th, Epcot!
DisneysOnlineWorlds | Policies and Disclaimers | Current DOW Projects
FAQ | IRC Guide | mIRC Guide

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-08-2008 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: fixed images/links
Old 11-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

Iknowyou has disabled reputation
Well, I suggest you collect all the modules first, then do points later.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Flashe!

Thecoolanator ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I will get pics 1 sec...
Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi

Nap is spinning in a Cursed Storm
how many levels are there?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm a wannabe Imagineer

miyazakifan is as Frosty as a Snowman
Hyperspace Tips

I'll list all the help I can think of. Please try to reply with your own tips and keep it "scroll-lite". (recent updates marked *new*)

Codes: I've confirmed so far that codes are 1 time use codes, but a character can have another space room with another code. You can only get 1 code a day per character.

Game Area: The area is 9 screens big and I'll later refer to the areas numerically
======
=1 2 3=
=4 5 6=
=7 8 9=
======
Zone 2 - place where your ship is (needs 6 parts, and 25k)
Zone 3 - dangerous place with "buggy" red mine and missle. I tend to avoid, but recommend trying when you're confident.
Zone 9 - Where you start the game.

Observations/Tips:
- Ship Parts - You cant get to some without getting a powerup first, sometimes you need 2 powerups.

- Saves - It costs you points (750pts) to save. As you get better you should save less and less so you don't have so many points to recover back to reach the goal of 25k. But keep in mind how much you'd lose (powerups, ship parts, points) if you do die without saving so long. No point in saving when you are on your last life, it'll only cost you points.

- Hazards - Apparently the "live" obstacles in the game (horizontal moving rocket, and the red spiky mine) have a very large collision area. Give them as wide a berth as possible. I think the reason is any floating objects "see" your jetpack as a part of you.

- Zone 3 or the upper right screen of the map is horrid. avoid it like the plague. You'll just have to get use to travelling to the left side of the map thru the claustrophobic cage hallway in Zone 9 where you start. Also avoid Zone 1 as much as possible, visiting it only to get 1 of the ship parts.

- Powerups - Listings and order you get them:
powerup1, zone 6- increases jet charge (the first thing you must get!)
powerup4, zone 5- shield. use when you walk & have to get by mines (need powerup1 to get it)
powerup3, zone 4- lets you get past red laser barriers (need powerup4 to get it)
powerup2, zone 3- lets you shrink (need powerup3 to get it)
powerup5, zone 3- lets you attract nearby ship parts to yourself

- Speed bonuses - Very important so you dont have to spend time gathering 25k pts after getting all the parts. Take note that the game time ends about 5 seconds after you get into ship, not instantly. Also note that since its easy to get 500pt orbs in some zones, its not entirely worthwhile to rush dangerously through game for better time bonus. 2 500pts is about a 1 minute 30 second difference IMO.
Game time - bonus point awarded
6:56 - 13830 pts
7:10 - 13680 pts
8:08 - 13100 pts
8:52 - 12670 pts
9:09 - 12500 pts
13:31 - 9880 pts
6:25 - 14140 pts (by MrGenie, his posted formula seems to be very accurate)

- After getting all the parts: I safely hovered between Zones 4,5,8 to get the 500pts in the open spaces. I think the 500pt orbs won't respawn until after 3 other point orbs are gotten in other zones. The 750pt & 250pt do not respawn.

- When you have all 6 parts and you think you have enough points, you must go to Zone 2, land on the walk pad, and walk to your ship. Don't make the same mistake I did and try to land on the ship. UGH.

- Odd glitch: After I got powerup #5 and the 2 ship part that require it, I died and had to redo that part. Oddly, I didn't have to get the powerup #5 again as the 2 same ship parts were within reach of my character that time around.

*NEW* Advanced Tips!!! *NEW*
- Cages - The ones that cover your view like in Zone 3,8,9 do not contain any walls or dark cliffs within them. Basically, you have much more room than you feel you do. It took me awhile to get comfortable passing through the Zone 3 cage on its left side away from the red mine.

- Missiles - (not 100% sure) My guess on their "bugginess" is any floating object in the game (missiles, orbs, red mines, powerups) can also be tagged by your jetpack, unlike walls and cliffs that only detect collision with your character body. The missile length is very misleading and is actually like twice as long. It was okay for me to pass real close to a missile above and below, but its when you actually cross it's path that you start getting hurt & frustrated.

(Mastering -cages- & -missiles- will help you go through Zone 3 as a alternate sometimes shorter path, i.e. before or after getting powerup #5)

- Pads - As others have mentioned, the walking & recharge pads are very forgiving in how you land on them, like when at full speed. They are also very "sticky" and will "grab" you from almost even horizontal approaches. Take advantage of this.

- Jetpack use - Anyone thats played a violent 1st person gun game knows not to pull the trigger on an auto in a steady stream. small bursts will get the job done. Also applies here with jetpack use.

- Jetpack Grab - A useful trick to reach tricky orb points is when you're approaching one from left or right, before you're about to grab it you tap in the opposite direction. You're jetpack will touch the orb, and helps you from having to go far into whatever 'dead-end' the orb was located in.

- Cliffs - Start familiarizing yourself with the real dangerous cliffs and outcroppings that are located 'between' zones. Anticipate by positioning your guy on the proper side of an entranceway in one zone away from the cliff in the next zone you'll be traveling in. Zone 6- large bottom platform. Zone 5 - small upper left platform & bottom cliff

Hope this helps.

Personal Note: I have a inner conflict, being a helper or a entrepreneur. I'm sure this guide might affect my trading these rooms, but I hope it helps those people trying to get their first room. For those people, let me know if this guide really helps!

Last edited by miyazakifan; 11-16-2005 at 11:24 AM..
Old 11-09-2005, 03:39 AM
Registered+

aengus is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ok i am moving around pretty good thru the sectors but so far have only been able to get to the shield add on. where do i take that to get the next add on?

there are 9 rooms I will number them for us so we can tell where people are talking about.

keep in mind by this graph you start in number 9 spot

1 2 3

4 5 6

7 8 9

i got the shield in spot # 5. where do use it at to get the next add on?

thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 AM
is totally

bigZZ is as Frosty as a Snowman
yea and how do u win? i dont seem to get how u win.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 AM
single-serving friend

MrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundMrGenie has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Thanks for compiling some tips on the new game. Here's a screenshot I put together that shows each of the nine sectors and all objects in the game (if you want to figure out the game on your own, I suggest not viewing this).

I've added some green text in the screenshot to indicate the location of each power-up and the order in which you should collect them (actually, the game forces you to collect them in this order with the exception of the fuel upgrade, and it makes the most sense to grab that one first). Ive also labeled the modules in orange and indicated which power-ups you need to have in order to get to each module (if I put a "0" by a module, it means you don't need any power-ups to reach it).

I see several of you scoring 25,000 points before you hop in the saucer to end the game, so the only other tip I want to add at this point is that the speed bonus is quite generous if you can beat the game quickly enough. If you want to be extra careful and score 25,000 points even before factoring in the bonus that will work too, but you're running the risk of crashing into something. If you can collect all of the modules in under 7 minutes, then 12,000 points is more than adequate.

With three points of data, my preliminary estimation of the bonus formula is:

18,000 points minus (your time in seconds x 10) = speed bonus.

This would imply that if you take more than half an hour, you get no speed bonus. Here are the rest of the times and bonus values implied by this formula:

I know that my formula is biased slightly upwards; to completely match the actual times/bonuses, you also need to subtract 10 or 20 points at the end of my formula (or start with 17,990 instead of 18,000). However, I prefer the simpler version of the formula in bold above. If anyone can help me confirm or refute this formula, I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyazakifan
- When you have all 6 parts and you think you have enough points, you must go to Zone 2, land on the walk pad, and walk to your ship. Don't make the same mistake I did and try to land on the ship. UGH.
LOL; I did that too!

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-08-2008 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: fixed images/links
Old 11-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Formula 1 fanatic

melizza ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
awesome guide miyazakifan. great job! thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:17 AM
(insert user title here)

Annientink is as Frosty as a Snowman
Yes, this is an awesome guide I can't wait until I try the game!(I shall lose..)
Old 11-09-2005, 11:21 AM
JustBlase

Awesome guide mr genie i will try it once i get on
Old 11-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Vmk power

thegoof is as Frosty as a Snowman
I my teacher doesnt flood me with homework (arg) I shall try it out.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
justa beta kid

AceLollipop has Fireworks shooting off over their headAceLollipop has Fireworks shooting off over their headAceLollipop has Fireworks shooting off over their headAceLollipop has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Good guide. It helped me get a few more levels better, but I still can't beat the game.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Currently Online

tasia202 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Actually the 500 point balls seem to regenerate after a given time. I know this because I was trying to see how long it would take me to kill myself without moving to another screen in sector 9 and the ball just reappeared as I was floating around.

And to get the screw green ball in sector 3 head straight up from the caution platfrom not the refuel platform and you will miss the red bomb.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
a pirate at heart

n_aweofhim is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Does anyone know what the reward for winning is?