Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old My Email I Just Sent.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
My Email I Just Sent.

Hey guys, I was looking around on Disney Careers (I know, it's a little early to be looking into career fields lol) but I went onto the media part and sent them an email lol

Dear Disney Interactive Media Group,
During the past year, there have been many opportunities I could have played many of the games you provide online. However, most- if not all- haven't been very appealing to me, or my age group. I feel that in the past there was a virtual MMRPG that I enjoyed very much and I also know plenty of people who feel the same way I do. Rumors floated around about this particular game coming back, but they were false. The game was Virtual Magic Kingdom, or commonly known as VMK.
I stumbled upon it with my cousin, who also loved to play, a couple years ago on a DVD. After looking on the Disney Career site, I found this email address and I thought I would share my thoughts with your group, hoping you could put some thought into bringing the game back or at least giving me an accurate answer about this game that I loved! No other games you provide are like this. First of all, it was free, which got more players. It was more fun and enjoyable than Club Penguin, but you also had more freedom in VMK, by choosing what you wore, how you hair was done, the games you played in other members room's, you could trade items, and much, much, more! However, it was not advertised very much, and I can see why and I understand that. I also understand it was only a promotional advertisement for Disneyland's 50th birthday celebration. Although, many people feel it should be brought back as a permanent thing, like Club Penguin, only free.
In conclusion, I would just like to ask two things. My first request is that you bring back my favorite game online and forever it will be my favorite game! My second is, at least give me an accurate answer as to what really happened. On behalf of myself, and the other VMK forum members, and former VMK lovers, thank you for your time, and I look forward to a response.
Sincerely,
(My Name) and Forum Members

Last edited by Jezzi; 07-19-2010 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: personal information
Old 07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Hmm.... I've been looking around, and Club Penguin hasn't actually been making as much as Disney hoped. There's no demand for it. However, there is a demand for VMK. I'm still hopeful that if and when Disney realizes there IS a demand for VMK, they would bring it back. However, I'm not going to run outside and scream that Disney is going to bring back VMK. I'm just saying that's probably not 100% true at this point :P.

Anyway, I think your E-mail was very nicely worded. It's not angry in any way, it's more of an information request letter, with what we could do and how much a lot of people enjoyed it. Hopefully it gets an actual reply and not a computer-generated "We're sorry, VMK was a promotional for the 50th anniversary. Please try one of our other games! *insert links to all the different Disney games*"
Old 07-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered+

youthere is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is really great! I really hope they see that people are wanting it still. They would have such a huge audience because not only would all the older players who used to play would play, but new kids would join.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Very nice letter, thanks for sharing. I would like to remind you and others though that Disney isn't going to care about any emotional appeals that you make; they will only consider logical appeals. Try to convince them that it's a good financial move to bring back VMK and you'll have a better chance than ever of having them reincarnate the game.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!