Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old How To's (:

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:21 AM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Creative
taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
How To's (:

Here are some how to's for recycling/using common household items to make cool stuff (:

*Starburst Wrapper Bracelet
[click here]

*Duct Tape Bow
1. Cut a square of duct tape
*Look for colorful duct tape in the paint section of stores
2. Fold the tape in half, so that the sticky sides are together
3. Cut a small, pretty skinny, strip of duct tape and set that aside for a second
4. Take your folded piece of tape and pinch the middle so it looks like a bow
5. Take the strip wrap the tape around the center where you pinched it and now you should have a bow
6. Then add a clip, bobby pin, or safety pin to the back with more tape or glue
so you can attach it to things.
7. Add anything extra, rhinestones, sequins, or anything else you want to add

*Shopping Bag Book Cover
1. Take a paper shopping bag and cut down one corner [doesn't matter which] all the way to the bottom, and then cut out the bottom.
[Instead of using a plain old brown paper bag, try using a bag from your favorite store, like Hollister or American Eagle.]
2. Lay out your bag so that the part you want to be on the outside is facing DOWN.
3. Make a crease in the paper where the top and bottom edges of your book are.
Then take out your book and fold down the paper where you creased it.
4. Position your book where you want it [if you don't have a special bag, then it doesn't matter where it is]
and then open up the front cover of your book and slide the cover into where it's folded over and make it tight.
5. Close the front cover of your book and make sure it's tight, then cut off some of the extra on the other side, but NOT TOO MUCH.
Make sure there's enough to slide the cover into where you folded it.
Then slide in your cover.
6. Your cover should be on now! Just take tape and tape the edges of the book cover, but don't tape on the book, just the paper.

More maybe coming soon (:
Tell me if there are some areas that are unclear!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That is awesome! although I dont think I'll use one of those sinse Im a boy, but is good that some ppl care for the enviroment!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Those are cool!!
Thanks for posting!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Mod Match Participant 

taylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their headtaylorswiftfan13 has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks (:
I might post some more if I have time.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wish I could make a starburst bracelet, sadly I can't eat sticky candy with braces....
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM
sugarlandconcert♥
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMayhem View Post
I wish I could make a starburst bracelet, sadly I can't eat sticky candy with braces....
Just have your friends/family eat them for you and take the wrappers (:
Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Why do starbursts have to be so tasty

I love orange flavored candy!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Thanks! I'm only confused about step 1 on the shopping bag cover.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Awards Showcase

I tried making the Starburst Bracelet, my brain ended up exploding.

Folding the wrappers was easy, I just had problems putting the wrappers together.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:07 AM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm gonna try the duct tape bow, a kid sells duct tape wallets at our school, there awesome! (:

*CoolStormyStar*
Thanks aggie for the awesome userbar!