Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK's Fan Forum

VMK's Fan Forum This forum is about YOU! The players of VMK in-game discussion threads.

Old sad memories

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
sad memories

So uhhhh i decided to shift through all the old threads, my friends list, etc...

I miss how tight VMKF was--okay it still is TIGHT, but there's like, hardly anyone anymore. back then there was this huge family. everyone knew each other and..... yeah, it was just... just great. i had lots of fun memories on this site, really.

what were some great memories you've had of VMKF during its "glory days"? by glory days, i mean when it was ... more active than THIS. LOL

can you think of particular users that really made an impact on you? was significant? some funny memory associated with em?

i remember the days when cutetabitha--er, fabtab, was like the queen of pink.. and rpgs. fabmariah too. hmm, diamondmeme and her blends. VMKIllidan and his save vmk campaigns. there were also the "purples" .... whose exact names i can't remember anymore...

and then the people who always ask me for signatures, like vivi and cutedeeblue... and themagicwithin has still kept the same sig i made like 2-3 years ago. means a lot to me, man

O_o WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT VMKF?

Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL
Old 06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
MLKnCookies was such a big part of VMKF, I'm glad she is still around.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I miss the trading, rant, game rooms, quest rooms, VMK news, and staff rooms threads. I feel that those topics were what really made VMKF active because it contained those components. And game rooms and quest rooms had so much creativity which allowed so many people to be inspired and post.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Bizzlebits Haha
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
Baconbits is floating through Inner Space
i miss the trading aspect of it all. i miss seeing what others had and were willing to exchange. to me, it was so fun. but i still like this, although i hardly post. i enjoy reading the threads now as i did back then so imo i dont think much changed (except for the loss of contributers and posts obviously but you know what i mean)

~Bits
Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
cookies, dude, don't ever leave or i'll be forced to send... prince zuko after you to capture you and send u to the fire lord (idk)
but i agree with ur comments. you're right that its those components that made VMKF active. creativity. OH I MISS THE RANT FORUM SO MUCH LOL

bacon, i've never actually been big into trading (i didn't want to have to figure out what was worth what, and i didnt like to give up my rare) but i did have fun looking through the threads and see what people were offering up. it was entertaining. i do enjoy reading threads too, like i used to, but now the whole "no posts" thing makes it harder to enjoy new threads =/

light, LOL thats kinda why i came back on here. hikoik and i were talking about that stupid story and then i totally remembered everything and everyone, and how so many people on this site were obsessed with it (tbh i dont see why. i can't stand its sheer cheesiness) LOL i'd actually continue it again if there were more people on the site... but now it's almost pointless cuz there's very few people on here

Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
oh gosh monkey man
That whole story was based on a story I made in preschool... it was bad. LOL
Oh yeah, and continue the story. Awesome story was awesome. OH I also miss... uh... forgot who made the story but I think it was called The Adventures of Chuck and Buck. It was awesome also.
OH I miss the activity threads where you'd only have to wait like two minutes and a new post would be on there. But to be totally honest, theres been a lot more activity in the past month. Theres about 100 guests a day (probably people who don't bother to log on) and about 18 members a day. Thats pretty good compared to the last few months.

Last edited by Jezzi; 06-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: inappropriate
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

AH! .:Blue:. formerly known as CuteDeeBlue made the adventures of chuck and buck. yes it was pretty awesome. i really liked that story but she's gone now too D:

and well maybe cuz its summer i wonder why they don't log in though

Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 AM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Cool yess!

Oh my goshh(: soo long ago haha. ♥

Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed GoodPolarGirl in her thread. :p
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I remember this too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed bluedudeman in her thread. :p
Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Well, BlossomFlower, I remember how I ordered a userbar from your shop for, like, Thanksgiving, and then after Christmas you logged on and were like, "I assume you don't want it anymore?"

Haha, good times.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningBrutus View Post
-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL
This.

But yeah. I remember just hanging out with friends talking for hours and hours.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
Hikoik still has the same signature, even tho he doesn't go on anymore. I also don't recall ever having a signature that wasn't made by Flower of Blue. I miss all my spelling mistakes and how people would correct me all the time (big example: Monkey Man stories). OH and the chat. The chat was AWESOME. Good (and awkward) times that VMKF had in there. Its deserted now, but whatevs. And whats with all the guests nowadays? Theres always so many guests on but so little members on.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I want to talk on the chat again. But it's hard to be online at the same time as others.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

LOL GPG and bluedudeman. sorry :3 but i remember y'all LOL i remember that happy thanksgiving thing. awkwarddd hehehe sorry about that... LOL

shark, i agree. i don't get why there's so many guests but they dont log in o_O

acefredfred, LOL i can't believe you still remember that story rofl