Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old iPod Touch Problem...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
iPod Touch Problem...

This is the second time this has happened to me since I got my iPod 2 years ago.
So, I recently installed this new app. It's some game or something, got good reviews, so I was like, "Yeah, I'll get it." So I downloaded it and went to go play it. You know how in a lot of apps when you open it, it says the producer? Like "Imjustmakingthisup Productions" or whatever? Well, that came up, as it should, but the screen was there for quite a while, like a minute. (It normally should be there for like 5 seconds) I got kinda freaked out. The music I was listening to was still playing, even when I pressed the power button. (Which did not turn it off, by the way) So now, I'm up restoring my iPod, when I should be getting a good-nights rest. I really do not want to have to do this again, so can someone please tell me what I should do?

kthanks.
-friez

By the way, if you have NO idea what I'm talking about/do not have an iPod Touch, PLEASE do not answer this question. If I am being unclear, but you sort of have an idea of where I'm going, ask for clarity and I'll clear it up a little bit.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Did you try to reboot your iPod first?
Just hold down both buttons at the same time I think.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
One thing you can do in that situation is hold down the power button until at the top of the screen it says, "slide to power off," and then you can shut it down that way.

Also, I'm guessing your iPod froze because you ran low on memory. This can happen when you do too many things that drain a lot on the memory at the same time. Maybe your new game was big in file size (like 10MB+). Mine freezes often because I tend to push it too far.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:55 AM

Legendary Black Cat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It could be high use of Memory, or it could also be your Internet. Was your Internet working at this time? I have noticed that certain games I have downloaded won't work if I am not around a Wi-Fi hotspot. Even certain games that you don't play with other Online players won't work if you don't have access to the Internet while playing them. I would say to first make sure you are playing at a Wi-Fi Hotspot, and if you are to shut your iPod off and try again.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
One thing you can do in that situation is hold down the power button until at the top of the screen it says, "slide to power off," and then you can shut it down that way.

Also, I'm guessing your iPod froze because you ran low on memory. This can happen when you do too many things that drain a lot on the memory at the same time. Maybe your new game was big in file size (like 10MB+). Mine freezes often because I tend to push it too far.
I tried to shut it down the normal way (holding down the power button) but that didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Black Cat View Post
It could be high use of Memory, or it could also be your Internet. Was your Internet working at this time? I have noticed that certain games I have downloaded won't work if I am not around a Wi-Fi hotspot. Even certain games that you don't play with other Online players won't work if you don't have access to the Internet while playing them. I would say to first make sure you are playing at a Wi-Fi Hotspot, and if you are to shut your iPod off and try again.
I was in a Wi-Fi hotspot. Well, not a hotspot, but I had excellent Internet access.