Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old Speech ideas?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
Speech ideas?

Well in Language Arts we're doing Demonstration Speeches and they have to be 3-5 minutes long. The only thing is, I have no clue what I'm going to do. And nobody can do the same thing as someone else.
Here's what some people are already doing:
Science Experiment
Oragami
Magic Trick
Rubix Cube
How to properly apply make-up
How to tie a bowtie/necktie
How to set up a formal dinner table

My idea was how to make tissue paper flowers. If anybody has any other ideas, let me know! Just remember, they need to take 3-5 minutes long
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I actually had to do a demonstration speech in speech class! I did How To Juggle and I'll try to list what other people in the class did:
  • How to clean a PS2
  • How to play Tic-Tac-Toe (LOL do NOT do this one! This one slacker kid made up this idea seconds before he presented and it was hilarious!)
  • How to play soccer
  • How to play the piano
  • How to play the guitar
  • How to make an art project
  • How to care for a turtle
  • How to play volleyball

There were more but they don't come to mind right now. Just think of a sport, a special talent, or an everyday task like tying your shoe that you could break down into specific steps.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
How to make a demonstration project.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
How to make brownies.
Food Safety- I can REALLY help you there. For 4-H my friend and I did it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonysnicket3 View Post
How to make a demonstration project.
lol that's a good one!

I had to do this once. Mine was "How to make a smoothie."
Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Birth By Sleep <3
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Gumshoe Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Ethereal
Kairi_Sora is as Frosty as a Snowman
I forgot to add this, but my teacher said no food..wah!
Someone that's lazy is doing "How to make Oragami paper hats" and some other stuff to take up time. dX My teacher told me to do the Tissue Paper Flowers thingy since it's almost Valentine's Day....o.O
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
A easy one is How to make Kool-Aid! Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaa!

Or maybe how to change a light bulb.

Or how to create a graphic on the computer like you used to do
Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I have 1.
How to make the Paper Fortune teller.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think you should do one about how to draw a character. Make it complex to take up time.

Possibly do a Disney character?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
How to tie your shoes

You can add time on by teaching them the two different ways.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:17 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I had to do this last year, but in public speaking class.
I did how to make macaroni and cheese, LOL..
Some guy did how to make a good free throw.
Others did some of these:
How to Crochet (crow-shay) ((sp?))
How to use an iPod.
How to use a blackberry. (someone did that last year.)
Some kid unlocked the school's firewall last year too, LOL. < That was smart.

Google would probably have lots of good things, too.