Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old The Best Hotel to stay in at WDW?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm a doorknob.

TiniPink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.C View Post
I've stayed at almost all of the disney hotels and by far my favorite it the disneys fort wilderness cabins and campground. I'm not sure if you would consider it a hotel though. Its amazing! The grounds are so big you rent a golfcart to get around. Theres a place to eat with a buffet everyday. A miniature grocery type shop. And best of all you stay in a cabin! It looks like a real wood cabin, pretty much a house. Plus we went during the winter. So it was absolutely awesome
I remember there used to be a beach-ish type place there a while back, but they shut it down due to bacteria or something.

I loved Fort Wilderness, too, haha.
That buffet was awesome.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Can we still be friends?

monilynn is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I have been in two hotels. The Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Disney Boardwalk. Animal Kingdom Lodge was awesome because the upgrade came with snacks on the 16th floor, I believe. And Disney food always is delicious, so we did not have to buy food in the park because we were full up on native snacks. Disney Boardwalk has a really scary clown water slide that I loved for some reason lol It is walking distance from Epcot and a waterboat away from MGM. The rooms were old and scary though. . . We ate dinner at the California Cafe at the top floor of the Contemporary Resort (the place I wanted to stay) and it was breathtaking. Especially the Magic Kingdom's fireworks! I love the huge windows all around the Contemporary and the functional monorail inside it that doesn't make a sound. We also ate at the Polynesian to see the luau show and the food was mediocre. I guess I say that because I've been to Hawaii, but the show was mediocre as well. Good Luck Choosing!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM
:D
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

Miss.Heather is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Disney's Beach Club resort.
It's in the middle of the theme parks; WDW and Epcot.
You can walk to either of these and/or take the boat :]
You can go fishing, and it's very pretty during Christmas (a candy-made carousel!)
Well, have fun on your trip. :]
Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmountie View Post
It really does depend on what you are looking in a hotel. Each hotel is unique in its own way and I have pretty much stayed at them all so I’m going to give my personal rundown of what I think are the best.

High Price Bracket
I personally like the Yacht Club the best. The hotel is very well done and very clean. The pool is my favorite in the whole resort. Its main pool will has granular sand at the bottom, so it feels good under your feet. The fact that it is a boat ride away from MGM and a walk away from Epcot makes the hotel extremely convenient. The rooms are one of the largest in the park, so it is a very comfortable stay. The Yachtsmen Steakhouse is my top choice to eat. I admit sometimes my steak doesn’t come out right, but that happens everywhere. But 95% of the time the food is terrific. (Don’t overlook the lobster bisque and crème brulee –my favorites). I eat at this restaurant pretty much every special occasion and holiday. Even have two waiters as personal friends. :-) This is my number one choice hotel.
The Grand Floridian would be my second choice in the entire resort. The rooms in the main building would be my ideal stay but other rooms are ok also. They are large and comfortable. Since this hotel is a little older, it is not my first choice. The pool is also nothing to rave about. I wouldn't say the people are snooty there...it's just the "aire" of the resort. It is a Victorin theme, so everything seems high class. Sometimes you will get a rude receptionist and that can be elevated in perception due to the "aire" of the resort. But truth be told - you will find at least one rude receptionist at all the resorts. People sometimes just have bad days and it doesn't matter if you work for a Mouse or not. The restaurant selection in this resort is amazing though. Victoria and Albert’s would be my ideal evening. Unfortunately due to the high price tag on this meal I have never personally ate there, but have heard that the food is amazing. I always eat at Narcoossee's when I go over to the Grand Floridian and the food is typically wonderful. My family and I were even fortune enough to spend the Millennia at this restaurant and it was truly unforgettable. However, management has recently switched and I was not happy with the meal the last time I was there. Citricos is yet another enjoyable dinning experience that I would highly recommend.
The Contemporary I would only recommend if you stay in the main building and on the side of the park. Rooms are very old and there is not much there. I don’t like the set up much. The only neat thing about staying in the rooms I mentioned is that you can watch the fireworks from your room at night. Then when the park closes and about an hour later, the whole park lights up like a beacon. It’s really neat.
I personally did not like the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Yes it is amazing to look at all the intricate details and have animals graze outside your balcony, however the rooms were not well kept to me. They were small and very dark.

Moderate Priced
The Coronado Springs Resort is large and a great setting. This hotel is one of the more intricate designs for a resort. It has a southwest theme and it is very festive. The pool is very interesting to see. I recommend at least hop over to the resort to check it out. It has a Mayan Temple as it’s central piece of architecture. The Pepper Market also is a great eat. It has lots of variety so that everyone can be happy. The rooms however as small. I was not impressed.
I would probably recommend the Port Orleans for an actually stay. The rooms are larger than that of the Coronado. Like the Pepper Market, the Boatwright’s Dinning also has a large variety of food.

The Value Resorts
I have not stayed at Pop Century, (built after I moved to area), but I would probably choose this one. Very hip, especially for teenagers. But mostly I would choose this because I really do not like ANY of the All Star Resorts. The rooms are boxes and the beds are incredibly small. These are for people who just drop their suitcase and go. The areas are original, I will give them that but I am one that likes a comfortable hotel room to stay in. I would just hop over to the resort just to see it then go back to my comfy room. I don’t really like the set up of the drive into the resort. The resorts sort of “build” on each other. Like Entrance, (drive) All Star 1, (drive further) All Star 2, (drive more) All Star 3. (I don’t know the exact order - sorry). It’s just not my ideal resort.

Well these are just my recommendations. Everyone will have different experiences and opinions, but overall…you are in the “most magical place on earth” so it is really not going to matter where you stay! :-)
The Animal Kingdom is darker because if their was more light it would disturb the animals. I have no idea why you would think the rooms are small, they are the same size as fort wilderness, and I am sure its the same size as other expensive resorts. Personally I would give rather have a dark room and animals, then a light room and no animals. Not to mention Bomas has the best food at disney world. At all the expensive resorts ( except animal kingdom lodge and wilderness lodge) I feel out of place, I guess its because it has a fancier aire.
My next favorite resort is pop century! The rooms are smaller, but if you get two connecting rooms you dont even notice. It has an extremely cool theme, and three pools.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookyHalie View Post
the best to me is the Animal Kingdom Lodge!

there is a zoo, two places to eat at, a gift store, a cafe, an arcade, and awesome with hot tub and so much more.

Last year my room was right next to the pool, late at night we could go swimming because I didn't have to walk far and my parents could watch me from our room
Have you ever heard of the saying nat-ah-zoo?

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
If you stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, get the Savvanah View. You wake up in the morning, go on the balcony, and see giraffes, zebras and more.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
You also get to see horned cows. still dont know what they are but that is what they look like.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Black and Yellow!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Signature Donation Award 

My Mood: Dreamy
AllAboutStitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
like link said the past bunch of times i've been staying at pop century the best cheapest hotel ever. Now i've never been to fancyier hotels only the All-Star resorts and pop century. honestly i really can't wait until ( or if i ever do ) to Wilderness Lodge. I hear it's completely amazing. So between the two I think your pretty good off
Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I loooooove the polineshan
Old 01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Never stayed at Disney, Grand Floridian or Grand Californian look like they pwn at the respective park. If I had to seriously choose, the Pop Century looks pretty nice for what it is..

- Zach
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
I loooooove the polineshan
And you have to do the `Ohana, very fun!

~~~ 1000 Post!!! ~~~
Old 02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
VMK4Lifee

My Mood: Errrrr
Cara is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Most defiently the Dolphin. <333
Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Cheese Owns
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

toontoony is spinning in a Cursed Storm