Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games

Other G Rated Games Discussion of other G Rated games...

Old DSi

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Release Date Confirmed!

According to Nintendo of America, The DSi is going to release April 5th, I can't wait! Also by the looks of it, there is going to be a Black, and a Light Blue DSi. Sadly, White isn't announsed :-(

Last edited by PMFan; 02-21-2009 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Edited, I need to take it slow...
Old 02-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Woo! may birthday gift I'm not a fan of the regular DS, but this looks pretty cool. I wonder if the Opera Web Browser will be built in instead of having to be bought separately
Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chululli View Post
Woo! may birthday gift I'm not a fan of the regular DS, but this looks pretty cool. I wonder if the Opera Web Browser will be built in instead of having to be bought separately
It will be sorta built in, You have to get it from the DSi Shop ( like the Wii Shop Channel ) but I expect it to be free for the first few months at least.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Marth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Has Nintendo changed that the games from the online shop will only cost 800 points at max? If not, and they keep the points like Wii ($20 for 2000 points) games will cost under $10 :O
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OK, I preordered it and Pokemon Platinum for my be-day. So I was looking some stuff up about it. Here is some stuff I learned:
1. This is not like the ipod where as you buy it and then they make a new one and it's like, aww I want the new one, forget this dinosaur! Even though it has only been like a few months. They have been working on it since 2006.
2. All DSIs that visit the shop channel before March 2010 get 1000 free DSI points
3. Japan recently got 3 new colors.
4. Pictochat will have color
5. Nintendo wants it to be like a life enhancer and reflect the owner's personality. something you would go back inside to get if you forgot it.
6. From what I heard the web Browser will be free for now.
7. Eventually I think they plan on DSI games other than dowloaded ones. The games will most likely put the new DSI features to the fullest. Camera, better internet, etc etc.
8. It will have a sound/ picture editer.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreenWizard View Post
OK, I preordered it and Pokemon Platinum for my be-day. So I was looking some stuff up about it. Here is some stuff I learned:
1. This is not like the ipod where as you buy it and then they make a new one and it's like, aww I want the new one, forget this dinosaur! Even though it has only been like a few months. They have been working on it since 2006, and you think you have a Dinosouar, I still have the origanal DS, and It's touch screen is bad, so looking forward to the DSi
2. All DSIs that visit the shop channel before March 2010 get 1000 free DSI points
3. Japan recently got 3 new colors.
4. Pictochat will have color
5. Nintendo wants it to be like a life enhancer and reflect the owner's personality. something you would go back inside to get if you forgot it.
6. From what I heard the web Browser will be free for now.
7. Eventually I think they plan on DSI games other than dowloaded ones. The games will most likely put the new DSI features to the fullest. Camera, better internet, etc etc.
8. It will have a sound/ picture editer.
Just some commets.
1. Actually, on Iwata Says, it says that they are not competing with the iPod ( or Cell Phones)
2. That's currently true for Japan
3. They are comming out later this month, Dark Blue, Lime Green, and Pink
4. It's not literal Color, It's just like a rainbow pen
5. That's what I would do! Espeacially, if i was playing Personal Trainer: Walking
6. ( No comment )
7. Yeah, I think That's what Nintendo said in the UK Intro Video

8. I don't know about " Editing ". You can just do stuff to the sound ( Like Speed it Up, Slow it Down, Change it's pitch, etc. ), and there are over 10 lenses that you can see while taking pictures, Color Changer, Resembalance ( like you and a person look like cousins, etc ), Colorpad ( to add color to curtian areas ), Mischeif ( You add a mustage to someone, or some flowers around the pic ), Drawing ( Like You draw on a picture ), Kaladaschope [?] ( You Make Mirror/Triangle/Square Effects ), Frame ( What the name implies ), and More. Music comes form an SD card or 18 ten second recordings from the internal memory.

I have been looking at the DSi's details and announcements ever since It came out in Japan ( I don't understand Japenese though, so when it was announced in the US and UK, I kept my eyes closer ), but I'm not one to
understand Deep in the technical stuff, Just it's features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Has Nintendo changed that the games from the online shop will only cost 800 points at max? If not, and they keep the points like Wii ($20 for 2000 points) games will cost under $10 :O
Actually, 800 points isn't the maximum. Thats when items become marked with a premium mark, I don't think there is a maximum. The points are going to be from the same cards for the wii, except now they will be called " Nintendo Points ", and in Japan and Europe, there is such thing as a 5000 point card, but I think there won't be anything over 5000 unless Nintendo Makes a Virtual Console for the DSi ( HUGE POSSIBILATY! )

Update after trying the thing for over 3 months and about to go to 4th!: Pictures and sounds can be edited after taken, and only sounds you recorded can be edited, but they can't be put on your SD Card, and yes, I LOVE IT!

Last edited by PMFan; 07-02-2009 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: -_- I think I stand corrected, trying it out for 3 months
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Numbah 1 Flash fanatic
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Ramen Ninja is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It comes out April 5th thats 2 days before my birthday.

I made it myself.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Smile Nintendo DSi Releasing Very Very Soon!

The DSi is comming in 23 days! anyone excited?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 AM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMFan View Post
According to Nintendo of America, The DSi is going to release April 5th, I can't wait! Also by the looks of it, there is going to be a Black, and a Light Blue DSi. Sadly, White isn't announsed :-(
White will come, believe me!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Meee tooo
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Lonely
CutePenguin_Star is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ah, I saw that a few weeks ago :]
it looks fun ;D
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Unicorn Waffle Elderly
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Participant's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Cheesy
lucky33325 is floating through Inner Space
I saw the features for it on a video.
Recording device: record your voice and hear it in different languages.
Camera: Can take pictures, make effects to it, and request a video chat with someone with no friend code.
6 inch screens
DS Menu
DSi Applications such as Solitare
MP3 Player
Music Maker
Check out the video on the Nintendo Channel on your Wii.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Bubbles! My bubbles!
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Expert Relocator Winners Award Joy To The World 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
Madilina is as Frosty as a Snowman
Oh, i heard about the DSi. It's basically a DS but with a CAMERA, not joking, there is a camera...
It was obviously made in Japan, hehe
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Bottom line thoughts

The DSi Launched in Japan in November 1st
It launched in Australlia on April 2nd

A Day later at Europe
Then ( FINALLY ) at the US on April 5th!

The Nintendo DSi is an upgrade/alternative to the DS Lite, but this didn't mean the DS Lite sales stopped, just the black color became a limited edition, in a way.

It's updates are Adding A Wii-Like Menu, Bigger Screens, Stronger Speakers, 2 cameras, an SD Card slot, WPA Compatibility for DSi Exclucive stuff, DSiWare, and a Music App.

Right now, the DSiWare games aren't much satisfying, except for a couple such as Mario V.S. Donkey Kong 3: The Minis March Again. Japan gets alot of Apps/Games at 1 time. The biggest dissapointment of all is unknown. At least there are still SOME Enjoyable games.

The music app is almost useless unless you have iTunes and an SD Card. The other part needs a working mic... oh wait.. oh well, might happen to a poor unfortunate soul in the future * I sence a Disney Refrence *. It's basically a recorder that manipulates your voice and you can save the results, unlike songs, you can just hear them. Also, for songs, you can actually sing karaoke ( what you hear if your headphones are in a bad positon ), just know the words, just note that it's worthless on some songs.

The Camera App is the best out of all of them, you can take pics with you and your friends and store them on your DSi, you can edit them before and after taken. If your friends also have a DSi, you can swap pictures. You can also change color, emotions, and add on some drawings!

The only downgrade is the removal of the GBA Slot, but who likes Guitar Hero anyway, at least you don't have to worry about dropping it and having to reset the game, speaking of which, you can now go to the menu without having to repeat the process, and you can now switch game cards without turning it off too, doesn't that make out lifes easier?

Bottom Line: Yeah we lost the GBA Slot, but who uses it, people who LOVE Guitar Hero, like it when their controller rumbles ( I Do, but I never have the money to get the pak ), or people who are too lazy/broke to get a Game Boy Micro or GBA SP. But We also gained the DSi Shop, which has yet to get some ground breaking games besides the Art Style Series, and Mighty Flip Champs, and Yes, Nintendo saw a Promotion oppratunity and had Rhythm Heaven ( not Paradise, that released later in Europe and WAY later in Australlia ) released on the same day, It sort of worked on me, and I LOVE IT! Oops, more than a line...

REAL Bottom Line: If it went for a little cheaper, WORTH IT!

( But if you get it from now 'till October 5th, 2009, you'll get 1000 free points if you get on the Online DSi Shop. )

Recourses:
Nintendo.com
IGN.com
Wikipidea.org
Old 07-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
TiggerDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, it is PURE AWESOMENESS. I got these in DSI Shop :
Animal Crossing Clock
Animal Crossing Calculator
Mixed Messages
Even my mom likes Mixed Messages. She actually asked to play it once!
~Tiggerdude
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Awards Showcase

Born In Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocCalvin View Post
White will come, believe me!
I guess you were right, White and Pink came to NA... I should have waited :-(