Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (December 29-January 4)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (December 29-January 4)

This Week in VMK!
December 29-January 4

Welcome to the latest installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2005/2006:

December 31st-January 2nd:

Cute or Boot?

Cute or Boot? You decide! Players voted on whether or not they thought the Bear Rug deserved to be called "Cute" or whether it should get the boot. To vote, players could purchase either the Bear Rug - CUTE or the shirts.

January 1st:

Happy New Year!

All registered users received the New Years 06 pin as a special gift from VMK.

January 3rd:

Newsletter
Cute or Boot? The votes are in and players felt the Bear Rug was cute enough to stay in VMK.
January is...Monsters Month! Players are told that Monsters will be invading.
Top Players: Spyro, coolbuffalo, and LittleBubbles
VMK Profiles- VMK_Lolo is interviewed

January 4th:

Released

Players decided that the was cute and so it was released today.

2006/2007:

December 31st:

New Years Eve Bash

VMK invited players to ring in the New Year with their virtual friends. VMK stayed open an additional 3 hours so people on the west coast could celebrate the new "ear" in VMK. During the event staff went from room to room visiting and handing out presents.

Holiday Overlay Removed
The Holiday Overlay is removed from VMK.

Released

The Mad Hatter Hat is released just for the New Year.

Re-released

Some players received the Hong Kong Disneyland Poster Green as a New Years gift from visiting staff during the New Years Eve Bash.

January 1st:

Retired

Click the image to view the full version

The Candy Cane Blue, Candy Cane Green, Candy Cane Red, Candy Cane Yellow, Chanukah Presents, Decorative Holiday Wreath Pink, Holiday 2006 Wreath Pin, Holiday Chair Blue, Holiday Chair Red, Holiday Chair Yellow, Hong Kong Disneyland Poster Green, Mickey Christmas Tree, Santa's Chair, Skeleton at the Helm Xmas, Snowman Magic, Snowman Magic Single Use, Stack of Presents, The Cookie Tree, Toontown Fireplace, Toy Soldier Red, VMK Santa Clause Quest, and all holiday in-park quests are retired.

Newsletter

Yavn reviews the past year and in a special update announces new things: the new quest, new monorail look, new Castle Fireworks Remixed, and a new land.
Event Info has a New Years Day special including a look at the new ticketing system
Push challenges players with another trivia question
Top Players: scooterjake, SuiteAlex, BlueSorcerer, sockerboy, and CL_Pologuy

January 2nd:

VMK New Year's Quest

Relive some great 2006 VMK memories with the VMK New Year's Quest and win yourself a great pin.

Released

The New Year 2007 Pin is released as a prize for the VMK New Year's Quest.

Retired

The Mad Hatter Hat is retired.

2007/2008:

December 31st

New Years 2008 Event

For New Years 2008 VMK was open an extra three hours, items were given out to players, messages from staff were given out, and parties were held.

Celebrate with Confetti

All players who logged in were given 5 Confetti Magic Single Use to help celebrate the New Year.

Released

Party time! The Party Hat Teal is released just in time for the New Year's Celebration!

Re-released

The Treasure Detector Magic Single Use Pin is re-released to select few as a prize from the New Year's Celebration.

Retired

The 2007 Holiday Ornament Mickey Pin is retired.

Newsletter
Yavn speaks about the Magical New Year
Event Info for the New Year!
Top Players: See.Low, StitchMad, and GoofGeek

January 1st:

Released

Players who logged in today received the New Years 2008 Pin and got the following message:

Retired

The Candy Cane Blue, Candy Cane Fence, Candy Cane Lighted Pole, Candy Cane Red, Candy Cane Yellow, Candy Lollipop Flower Red, Candy Lollipop Tree, Chocolate Bar Carpet, Confetti Magic Single Use, Flat Mint Block Green, Gingerbread Block, Gingerbread Corner, Gingerbread Door, Gingerbread Game Block, Gingerbread Roof 1x1 Block, Gingerbread Roof 2x1 Block, Gingerbread Roof 3x1 Block, Gingerbread Roof Chimney Block, Gingerbread Roof Corner Block, Gingerbread Roof Steeple Block, Gingerbread Wall with Doorway, Gingerbread Wall with Lights, Gingerbread Wall with Window, Gumdrop Chair Green, Gumdrop Chair Red, Hanukkah Presents, Holiday Chair Blue, Holiday Chair Yellow, Holiday Hat Blue, Holiday Skeleton at the Helm, Mickey Beanie Blue, Mickey Christmas Tree, Mickey Sweater Blue, Minnie Beanie Red, Minnie Sweater Red, Party Hat Teal, Pink Holiday Wreath, Red Surprise Gift, Reindeer Mickey Ears, Snowman Hat, Snowman Magic Single Use, Snowman Magic, Stack of Presents, Standing Mint Block Green, Straw Hat Gold, Toontown Fireplace, Toy Soldier Green, Treasure Detector Magic Pin Single Use, and the VMK Jolly Holiday Quest are retired.

January 2nd:

Retired

The Haunted Mansion Conservatory Holiday Guest Room, New Year 2008 Pin, Skull Rock Holiday Guest Room are retired.

January 3rd:

Retired

The Winter Wonderland Guest Room is retired.

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
I'll miss the three extra hours VMK stayed open for New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh yes. the bear rug cute or boot. Good times, good times
Old 12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
When VMK was still open, I loved the extended hours. Christmas and New Years were my favorite holidays in VMK!

~Earth
Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
I miss that extended night!

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
SPEED DEMON<3
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Design an Outfit Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Cloud_9
Akovia is floating through Inner Space
Aww I miss all of the hosts. They were so nice.. especially on New Years.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I remember the New Year's bash, that was fun. . . good times. . .
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
You've got a friend in me
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: LiveChat
fantasyforever is as Frosty as a Snowman
haha i remember the teal party hat and the free confetti magics!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:38 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2005: I voted for boot but it ended up being cute. I had those shirts until the end of vmk. I also had the happy new year pin until the end of vmk.
2006: I did the quest the day I came back! Jan 2.
2007: Didn't stay up but I tried but vmk wasn't working lol. All my gingerbread pieces were retired!! No!! lol
Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 AM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
Heh, I seem to remember the many arguments on the rug...They made a big deal out of a virtual object. Good times.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I remember how thrilled I was when they released the toy soldiers, I was obsessed with those things!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Mischievous
Aislynne is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
I remember how thrilled I was when they released the toy soldiers, I was obsessed with those things!
omg me too!! lol
Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head

Bump
Old 01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
~ say cheese.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Happy Holidays'09 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 8

My Mood: vmkpalish
HollyZooks is as Frosty as a Snowman
I remember I spent a whole week in the trading rooms getting those retired things...
I remember when I got a flip hat when it was rare for free, and then I traded it. xD
I was a compulsive trader, back then, ROTFL.

everything by me.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice to see all these great memories :-)

I wish it was still open

~tiki

Forever & Always