Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (October 20-26)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (October 20-26)

This Week in VMK!
October 20-26

Welcome to the sixth installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

Missed an installment? Check out the "This Week in VMK" Archives

2005:

October 24th:

Released:

(...and re-Released):

The Yellow Explorer's Costume pieces (Explorer's Jacket Yellow, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Yellow, Explorer's Shorts Yellow) are released for the first time! They can be purchased in Shrunken Ned's Shop. The Explorer's Boots are re-released to complete the ensemble.

Re-released:

Females players can purchase the Yellow Princess Costume as VMK re-released the Princess Tiara,Princess Bodice Yellow, Princess Hooped Skirt Yellow, and Princess Slippers Yellow

October 25th:

Oops!

The Princess Hat was released for 30 minutes and then retired.

Released:

The Herbie Helmet, Herbie Jacket (Female) or Herbie Jacket (Male), Herbie Pants, Herbie Shoes, Herbie Couch, and Herbie Poster are released with the Herbie Fully Loaded Promotion.

Re-Released:

The Cowboy Shirt Black, Cowboy Shirt with Vest Black, and the Cowboy Pants are re-released.

October 26:

Re-released

The Pink Princess Costume (Princess Bodice Pink, Princess Hooped Skirt Pink, and Princess Slippers Pink) and Native American Costume (Native American Headdress Native American Vest, and Native American Boots) are re-released.

2006:

October 20th

Released:

The Halloween Witch Pin is released as the fourth pin in the Halloween Pin Set.

October 22nd

Quest: Lily's Blustery Day Quest
Click the image to view the full version
Players could try their hand at Lily's Blustery Day Quest...some mini-games required!

October 23rd

Released:

The Cowboy Shirt Red, Cowboy Shirt with Vest Red, and the Maleficent Hat are released.

Re-released

Re-release of the Cowboy Hat, Cowboy Pants, and Pink Princess Costume: Princess Tiara,Princess Bodice Pink, Princess Hooped Skirt Pink, and Princess Slippers Pink

Retired:

Jafar Hat, Halloween Witch Pin, Superhero Mask, Superhero Shirt Green, Superhero Pants Green,
Superhero Shirt Pink, Superhero Pants Pink Superhero Shoes, Explorer's Jacket Yellow, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Yellow, Explorer's Shorts Yellow and the Explorer's Boots are retired.

Newsletter
  • Yavn Speaks is brand new as he writes from Walt Disney World about the VMK Halloween Items and reminds players about the Halloween Maze Event.
  • Tips for Fireworks high scores.
  • Push asks has trivia about a Disney villain!
  • Top Players: Aliceblue, CL_Nedakh, CL_jeremyv, smalld, and IWearTheMoose

October 26th

Quest: Fin's Quivering Quest Madness
Players could find Fin's Quivering Quest Madness on the Q button!

2007:

October 20th

Happy Halloween From Lily
Players can take part in Happy Halloween From Lily quest through their Q button.

October 21st

Fin's Quivering Quest
Players can take part in Fin's Quivering Quest through their Q button.

October 22nd

Retired:

The Halloween Seance Circle Harp Pin is retired

Newsletter
October 24th

New In-Game Quest: VMK Happy Haunts Quest

The VMK Happy Haunts Quest launches today! Players can win the Halloween Seance Circle Leota Pin.

Released:

The Halloween Seance Circle Leota Pin is released through the VMK Happy Haunts Quest

October 25th

NO MORE CL_'s

The Community Leaders got their titles removed on this day.

Retired:

The Candy Cauldron is retired.

October 26th

VMK Mystery Maze Event Begins

Today is the first day of the VMK Mystery Maze Event. Players win Turn Into Bat Magic Single Use pins.

Released:

The Halloween Seance Circle Table Pin and the Pumpkin Mickey Hat are released.

Re-released:

The Brown Haunted Mansion Costume (Haunted Mansion Tophat, Haunted Mansion Jacket Brown, Haunted Mansion Trousers Brown, Haunted Mansion Shoes Brown), Yellow Explorer's Costume pieces (Explorer's Jacket Yellow, Explorer's Jacket with Camera Yellow, Explorer's Shorts Yellow and Explorer's Boots) are re-released along with the Maleficent Hat.

Retired:
Cowboy Hat, Cowboy Shirt Red, Cowboy Shirt with Vest Red, Cowboy Pants, Native American Headdress, Native American Vest, Native American Boots, Halloween Candy Corn Chair, Superhero Mask, Superhero Shoes, Superhero Shirt Green, Superhero Pants Green, Superhero Shirt Pink, Superhero Pants Pink, Jafar_Hat, Halloween Pumpkin Bag

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 11-04-2008 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
All good memories right there!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
*sniff* One of my favorite weeks in VMK. It got me so excited for halloween .

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Awesomeness
Old 10-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Disney
LittleJoe has disabled reputation
I loved those princess dresses. The Belle one was my favorite.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Loopy
BlueWalker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I missed the beginning days but I was receiving info on the VMK in my Disney Newsletters. I was computer newbie and I though it would take too long to set up a character, or else I would have been there from the start too. When I finally signed up, I became totally enraptured. I really miss the VMK. I hope they have another anniversary celebration someday!

Last edited by BlueWalker; 10-29-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: I was at the library that day and my time was running out.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWalker View Post
I missed the beginning days but I was receiving info on the VMK in my Disney Newsletters. I was computer newbie and I though it would take too long to set up a character, or else I would have been there from the start too. When I finally signed up, I became totally enraptured. I really miss the VMK. I hope they another someday!
Heh.. Totally off topic, but I just needed to say that enraptured was a vocab word for me this week, heh. Yeah, VMK tended to do that to people.

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 10-25-2008, 03:05 AM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
Ah.
I loved being a cowgirl in vmk.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
B U M P !
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
RPG
Awards Showcase
Halloween '09 Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
Spencer112 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yes i got my CL tag taken away
-Spencer
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Missing VMK
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 11

VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Ms.PrincessLucy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I loved the princess dresses and princess minnie hat...
Old 10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around

*sigh* loved the herbie outfit.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
B U M P !

Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Busy
tinkandpink is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really miss all the cowboy outfits. Mostly the red checkered. X( Good times!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Cooler Coyote

My Mood: Grumpyy
CooledCoyote is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I snagged some of those Princess hats during that 30 minute period. I became very popular as a guy character wering it too!