Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old ~VMK Magical Memories~

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Adventurous
aquaboy191 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
~VMK Magical Memories~

Well i have a lot of memories so i guess i'll start with my earliest.

Starting Off ~

- I remember my first day in VMK. It was like somewhere in 2006/2007. I didn't know what to do, didn't know where anything was, didn't know how anything worked, and i didn't know the worth of some stuff.

First Rare Item ~

- I guess my first rare item was the bird nest hat. I recieved it from buying the pin in 2007 ( i think ).

First Magic Pin ~

- My first and most favorite magic pin of all was the teleportation. Back when VMK was in its early life, that pin was one of the most coolest ( except for Inferno which was #1 due to its rarity ). Everyone thought u can teleport anywhere, even blocked of spots... but i found out you couldn't.... I Got it from doing the in park quest in Disneyworld

Others ~

- I was planning to leave VMK in early 2008 because someone unfortunately scammed me and stole all my magic pins, crow hat, and more stuff. Until a CL i knew convinced me to stay and boosted me back up again and gave me some stuff.
- Quest Maker Machine Thing. OMG that was like one of the most expensive things i have bought with credits... I got it when the thing was 20000 creds D:. It was all worth it. I got pretty famous with it and almost got a reward.

If anyone else has moments, feel free to add!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 AM
Very nice

Oathkeeper is as Frosty as a Snowman
My most distinct memory wasn't all that magical at the time, but looking back on it now, it's kind of hilarious in a tragically horrifing way.

It was fall of VMK's first year I believe, and I had been playing for a while (I started in August) and the item I most desired was Sorcerer Mickey Ears because they were just SO awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't really have anything to trade for them since I lived far from that parks and didn't have access to the cool stuff you can get, and I joined JUST after Beta ended so I didn't have anything rare. Just the weekly pins like the Hong Kong ones and the Jungle Cruise that weren't anything special.

So, figuring "What's to lose" I made a thread seeking the ears and offered EVERYTHING I owned. EVERYTHING! Needless to say, some guy took me up on the offer, so I proceeded to give him everything in the world for one pair of Sorcerer ears.

I proudly wore them on my head for the next hour until VMK closed.

The next day I logged on again with a huge grin, eager to show off my beloved ears, but I was a bit dismayed to find that a lot of other people were wearing them as well.

Socerer Ears were rereleased the day after I gave up everything I owned for them. I was still in debt to the guy for a couple weeks after since I offered to give him a ton of buyable stuff I didn't have. He didn't offer to give me anything back or drop the debt.

Hahahahahahhahaha

Okay, a MAGICAL memory I have is the waterslide competition. It was the only ride-a-thon I participated in, and I have to say, my rooms were kind of incredibly awesome. It was just unreal. And as a team, we had a good storyline to our ride and the rooms I saw had good execution.

Sadly, a few people bailed on us so we never finished. But it was still a lot of fun, and probably what I miss most about VMK...

Okay, those stories were kind of sad.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
uh....
ok.
The Big Drop! Slide! [ FAIL ]

I made a cool slide that like.. um.. dropped. It was part of a waterslide competition, and well.. my friend came over, i had the room unlocked [ oops ] then i went to TACO BELL.....and left VMK on. I logged back on, and I saw my room- at the top. A queue of 67 people. Oh yeah, and the slide was INCOMPLETE. so i just hooked up a start position to a teleporter and put that to the exit in my churro cave room.
I know, I'm stupid. ROFL
Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM
*Fly to Your Heart!*
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Dreaming
Laylie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ooh! Well, I remember when this girl said she was going to report me after we traded two items if I didn't give her her item back. But a trade is a trade, right? It's not like I scammed her. She traded me something for it. And so that's how my main account, GreatMangoFlower, was created.

I remember the day when I was working at a hotel in VMK - it was huge - and that's how I met one of my best friends in VMK, brairrosy.

I remember the day when one my sis's best friends, RoyalWrongKing, quit. It was such a sad day for both of us.

I remember when I was scammed by one of my good friends. I forgot her name. Ugh! She made me spend 10,000 credits for bat magic, saying if I gave it to her, she'd give me gold ears and yellow princess in return. She kept literally BEGGING me, and so I finally bought it, thinking it was a good deal. So she said to come to her room and she said her friend had her gold ears and yellow princess, so to give her the bat magic and she'd go to her friends and get the gold ears and yellow princess. I at first questioned her. Then me, being a complete idiot, gave her the bat magic, thinking she was going to her friend's. But no. She booted me from her room AND removed me off of her friends list!

Aww...I wish VMK was still open, even after all the scams & moments I've been through.

I also remember when this other girl scammed me. She said she wanted to try on my pink princess before we traded, and me, being dumb, let her. xD She left the room and I never got it back.

And I remember when I won a game, before I got my cowboy pants, the owner went afk or something and never gave me my prize of cowboy pants. Ugh!

~Laylie

Last edited by Laylie; 06-20-2009 at 05:06 AM..
Old 06-19-2009, 08:03 PM
kylee_pup AKA: Puppy

My Mood: Sad
pup394 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ill just copy from the first person with diff. types of memories. (:

Starting Off ~
I was ready to stop playing cuz i didnt know how to play...lol

First Rare Item ~
princess shirt and shoes <--lol everyone had to have em, especially with cowboy pants.

First Magic Pin ~

uhh, bat? from trading. lol

Others ~

Making lots of friends playing the pirates of the carribean game. i miss vmk, and i really wish they could re start it, cuz for me, the new pirates game doesnt work and its not very fun. i miss vmk (:
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Starting Off ~

- October 2005. First room visited: Town Square. Exploring VMK as a guest, fun times.

First Rare Item ~

- Explorer suitcase. I got it in October 2005 because I was in my friend's trading room () and I didn't have anything to trade. Someone told me to trade the suitcase for more items. In the end, I just kept it and on the last day of VMK, I sat on it one last time in my tiki room.

First Magic Pin ~

-Buried in Treasure, Pirate, Cursed Storm. There was a thread with free codes that can only be used once.

Others ~

-I have so many memories so I don't think I should post them all lol.