Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Mark VII Monorail Discussion Thread

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
The parks alternate monorails.

Mark I - DL
Mark II - DL
Mark III - DL
Mark IV - WDW
Mark V - DL (current)
Mark VI - WDW (current)
Mark VII - DL (new)

It will be some time before WDW gets new trains.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh the Cleverness of You!

Born In Park
My Mood: AFK
hulamoongirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I was just at Disneyland yesterday and Monorail Red was running the track. Test runs are going on all week with the anticipated opening of this Friday, April 25.

Interesting tidbit of info...Monorail Red was made in Vancouver, BC, Canada and shipped down to sunny CA.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:47 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, thanks for sharing that hulamoongirl. I hope to see it soon as well.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What about WDW??
Old 04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I dont think their getting any new monorails anytime soon.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
What about WDW??
I posted this above...

The parks alternate monorails.

Mark I - DL
Mark II - DL
Mark III - DL
Mark IV - WDW
Mark V - DL (current)
Mark VI - WDW (current)
Mark VII - DL (new)

It will be some time before WDW gets new trains.

Last edited by Jacques; 04-23-2008 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: Removed link to merged thread
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 PM
adventurecoolconc title

My Mood: Happy
reallycoolcoolconc is spinning in a Cursed Storm
NEW Mark VII at Disneyland!!

Ok everyone here is a quick update about the New Mark VII at Disneyland. Yesterady I went to Disneyland and I saw the Mark VII Runing and I saw the Inside of it and Outside!! Don't get exited yet bc they are Testing it But they said it should be running By Friday!! Thats all i got for ya now when I visit DLR again i will update this post
It is a NEW Monorail
EDIT!! i forgot to say it has Light Blue glow inside and WAY WAY different then other monorails

Last edited by reallycoolcoolconc; 04-23-2008 at 11:27 PM..
Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
What is that?

Oh sweet! ~ ♥ WiLd ~

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 04-25-2008 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: merged double post caused by deletion
Old 04-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Heave Ho Hoist the colors
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Piratey
AwesomeM is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know a CM who got to see the inside of the monorail in testing yesterday.
WHAT HE SAID:
The monorail's colors will be the same as the name. eg. monorail red will be red, monorail blue will be blue etc.
There is a blue glow inside.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

That is a switch from the current trains. From the inside, you can't tell any difference.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

As much as I would love to, there is this other site that has over 25 pages of pictures of the red monorail testing. I will post the link but if the Mods remove it, sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind, the link wont show up. Sorry! Ill try and post a few pictures later.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase

New Article from The Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Disneyland's new monorail glass changes color in sunlight

Disneyland has updated its classic monorail train meandering through the amusement park, adding a better seating arrangement and glass that changes color in the sunlight.

The new Monorail Red, or Mark VII, train debuts Friday.

Monorail lead designer says Disneyland is "always looking for ways to update and refresh classic attractions."

The first electric monorail cars have blue glass and red stripes that change color in the sunlight. The next two cars are blue with purple glass and orange with blue glass.

Visitors will now have a better view from bench seats facing the windows.

The Disneyland monorail started in 1959.
Credit goes to the Associated Press at the Los Angeles Times

Whoah that sounds so amazing! I think my brother has glasses that do that in the sun. It's so awesome!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
So much for these new monorails to come out 10 plus days ago. Both of them were sitting inside the Train/Monorail Parking building. They still have not made it to public use.

I was looking forward to riding them too! Oh well - I am sure they will be up "soon"
Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 AM
aka realityqueen

reality is spinning in a Cursed Storm
arg really... I was hoping they would be there next time I'm there. Can't wait to see, if there up I'll have my camera, here's hoping!

Last edited by TopazR; 05-06-2008 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: trip dates
Old 07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
It seems they have started regularly using the monorail to transport guests now. I got a chance to ride in it during a late afternoon. Visually the monorail does have very sleek, futuristic look both inside and outside.

Fortunately, in that late afternoon a strong Marine Layer (Typical coastal phenomena in SoCal where low clouds & fog come ashore from the ocean) was quickly rolling in which made the weather much cooler. I noticed the middle cabins may have as many as 6 fans that try to circulate the air along with 2 overhead vents to catch air, but it was a little warmer in the cabin than outside despite the cooling teperatures outside.

Under normal SoCal weather and temperatures it seems they have accomplished the task of getting enough air circulation to prevent it from being too uncomfortable. However, in a heat wave or warmer temperatures, those fans and vents unfortunately will most likely not be able to keep the temperatures down.